PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Series to end in 2009

JediTricks
03-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Goldernit! Our Q&A just came in with terrible news, Hasbro is mothballing the Titanium Series at the end of the year:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1934

I can't tell you how fast my heart sank reading their answer. Sorry guys. :cry:

Darth Windu
03-21-2009, 03:28 AM
Well let me be the first to say - F**** YOU HASBRO!

At least we received a straight answer from them, it just ****es me off that they've stuffed around with the line this badly and then blame the cancellation on collectors for some reason not picking up the line. How about re-paints for a good reason? How about new moulds that actually made sense and would appeal to everyone (ie Banking Clan Frigate) rather than pandering to EU enthusiasts with the Virago; IG-2000 etc?

Maybe, maybe if a new team comes in and global economies begin to recover then Hasbro will take another look at the line.

BUT I must say I'm grateful for all of the vehicles and ships that Hasbro have put out, most of which are fantastic.

Kidhuman
03-21-2009, 04:13 AM
As much as it ****es me off, I am kind of glad. 7 bucks a pop for repaints? I only have gotten about 4 of these sine the beginning of the year and passed on alot of the repaints. The price increase was a bit much for me.

clone157
03-21-2009, 04:15 AM
Frakkin' Hasblo! We relied on this line as the only possible outlet for the large scale ships and all they gave us, for the most part, was snub fighters. At least tell us they are moving to plastic vehicles to control costs. You can't treat the line as horribly as you have, with the endless repaints, push backs and cancellations. How did Galoob do it for so long without even having a figure line to fall back on? I guess I have to wait for F-toys to expand their Star Wars line and pay the extra cash for shipping and handling. So much for buying american. I guess I'm gonna have to cut further back from my 3 3/4" figure collecting habits to afford a new line that I will be happy with. Maybe with Capital Ships. Sorry for the rant maybe I'll be calmer tomorrow.

plasticfetish
03-21-2009, 06:26 AM
With the concept straying from just Star Wars vehicles, to "titanium" versions of everything under the sun, I can't see how they'd expect to "grow the collecting base."

And for something that's pretty much an impulse-buy line, it's been too expensive. They never should have gone above $5.

Darth Windu
03-21-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm wondering if there's any point in a question for the next Q&A along the lines of "Have you learnt anything from the failture of the entire Titanium Series range, and are there any opportunities for a ressurection perhaps in a cheaper plastic form?"

StarmanSkywalker
03-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Well, if the cancellations means a window of opportunity for a possible return of the Micro Machines line (I know, I know ...) then I'm all for it.

But this hole things just keeps confirming one thing: if it ain't part of the 3 3/ 4" line, Hasbro doesn't give a crap and would rather blame avid collectors on the failure than to be honest that they messed up once again.

Blue2th
03-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Well this is bad news. I thought they were doing reasonably well. The Star Wars line anyways.
Seems all my favorite stuff always gets dumped. :(

Well Star Wars or not, I will still continue to buy all the little spaceships that come along, as I always have. It's just going to be a major bummer to not have Titaniums available.

wawe1
03-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Smooth move hassbro!

Darth Duranium
03-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey... some of that Q&A question seems familiar, somehow... hmmmm...:)

I agree with all of y'all... it is dreadful news and it sucketh mightily. But it's not really unexpected... I was surprised when TS returned last year as "Legacy".

Repaints killed this line... you just can't keep dredging up the same tools and expect people to get excited. Shame Hasbro had to discover this at the point when TS was on its last legs.

Distribution here sucked arse, too. Pricing became an issue for casual fans or Mums... you can buy about 6 Hot Wheels for the same price as one TS.

I guess another thing to consider is that they're running out of ships to do...

It has been a pretty solid run and I am grateful, like DW. And I am running out of space on my Titanium wall! And cash...

Jesus... BSG dead. Titanium dead. Clone Wars in a coma 'til the Fall. What a frakkin' day!:sad:

Well, like Blue, I'll still be buying small spaceships until I can book passage off-world... somebody out there will take advantage and produce more, eventually. Then, there's customs...

I wonder if the Outrider will be their swan song.... or is it roadkill?

Blue2th
03-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I've been looking at some of the ships from the Star Wars Mini Space Battles.
Maybe Revell could expand their mini models to include some lesser known ships, instead of the old standbys.
There's some Titanium or otherwise we have a good chance of not seeing unless..
I just hope Hasbro wraps this thing up with some of the ships we haven't seen yet (like the capital ships mentioned in that wasted Titanium question a few back) and some that have recurring roles in the Clone Wars.

Still like to have a Banking Clan Frigate. Seems to always be in the Clone Wars.
I'll bet we all could come up with some cool ones like we have before, in case Hasbro needs some input from us lowly Titanium-Action Fleet fans. :tired:

LTBasker
03-21-2009, 10:38 PM
I honestly don't think it's problems with repaints or even pegwarmers. To be honest, I think the fault is entirely on Hasbro's feelings towards the line that has damaged it. They have NEVER shown much devotion to it, and yet ironically it's an amazing line. Despite needless repaints, despite the occasional pegwarmer, it's an amazing line.

I believe that if they had been more interested in the line, and keeping people buying, then they would have changed the packaging long ago. Granted, it's incredibly attractive and highly unique - definitely sticks out on the peg - but it's horribly inconvenient. I'm always torn between opening one or not because it's such a time-consuming process unless you want a dozen paper and/or plastic cuts. Then mix in the fragility of the thin plastic and peg hook...

The one redeeming thing about the packaging has been that I have never heard of anyone returning a junk toy in Titanium packaging that occasionally happens with the 3 3/4" line (and other figure lines). This is simply because it is absolutely impossible to convincingly reseal Titanium packaging! Changing to a simpler packaging not only could increase the appeal to more people to buy and enjoy them, but it also could have brought down production costs leaving either more money to be saved, or more finance to go towards the ships.

To me, them using the term "hiatus" means "You kept buying them despite the sabotage methods that killed the Action Fleet lines, so if we can't blame you then we'll just subtly deny you."

sergiurusu
03-22-2009, 01:05 AM
This is Hasblo. I knew this will happen sooner or later, we already had a precedent with Action Fleet and MicroMachines. Now they can go back to their beloved action figures. At least if they would consider AF or MM back...

cloneemperor
03-22-2009, 04:07 AM
Damn them anyways! It's been next to impossible to even find anything new in my area of Canada since before Christmas, and now I find out they're killing another line I enjoy? Well screw them AND the horse they rode in on!

Darth Duranium
03-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Damn them anyways! It's been next to impossible to even find anything new in my area of Canada since before Christmas, and now I find out they're killing another line I enjoy? Well screw them AND the horse they rode in on!

Same here... I think most of Hasbro outside of the US dropped the line early. My comic shop tells me that Hasbro Canada hasn't shipped new ones this year, though they'd love to get their hands on 'em.

I've heard that Oz and NZ got screwed, too.

Y'know Clone, maybe Hasbro should take a flying frack at a rolling doughnut once their horse is dealt with. :)

Darth Windu
03-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Yep - the last wave we received was the Cloud Car wave, and before that was the TIE Defender wave. Aside from those, NOTHING here in Australia. :(

Of course to magnify my annoyance, I made an order through scifigenre and the bastards sold the items I had ordered...

JediTricks
03-23-2009, 12:16 AM
This bums me out so much, Friday night I was feeling like maybe it was time to hang it up right then and there, but since then I've rebounded some. Hasbro never should have bought Galoob, this monopoly they hold on SW toys is killing the market for anything outside the action figure brand because Hasbro's management has overly high expectations and profit margin requirements.

Basker makes an interesting point, the packaging has kinda killed this line. It's an eyecatching and unusual package, but it hides the display stand and does a lousy job displaying the toy inside. How many of these things are truly iconic from ABOVE?!? Once you do the Star Destroyer and Falcon and Slave 1 and X-wing you've still got to sell these things. So it's great for collectors, but useless for kids, especially when it's so difficult to open.

LTBasker
03-23-2009, 02:05 AM
I do think they're on to something with it, though. Want to stop people from smoking? Put cigarettes and cigars individually in Titaniums packaging. By the time they got one opened they would be so stressed that one just wouldn't cut it, but they'd be too tired to open another.

Darth Windu
03-23-2009, 04:58 AM
lol you have a point there, I always did wonder though why the Titanium packaging was so large in relation to the product and so far to get open. Initially when it was a single card and the plastic wrap-around and sticky tape were on the back it was reasonable, but since then Hasbro went a little nuts with it.

mtriv73
03-23-2009, 01:06 PM
I still think the final nail in the coffin was the stupid repaint waves that came out last July. Those sat around on the pegs until after Christmas. How many republic gunships, arc-170s, and various ground vehicles did they expect people to buy? (Apparently a lot.) I'm not going to lose any sleep over this because the New X-wing sculpt (which has been repainted to death already), the moncal cruiser, the Hailfire droid, the Tie Defender, and the Z-95 are the only ones I've been really excited about in the last year and a half. That's 5 sculpts out of a ton that have been available.

It's bad that were losing the only medium we could ever expect to see most Star Wars ships, but poor planning and in many cases really poor execution is what killed this line.

RJarvis
03-23-2009, 03:16 PM
I do think they're on to something with it, though. Want to stop people from smoking? Put cigarettes and cigars individually in Titaniums packaging. By the time they got one opened they would be so stressed that one just wouldn't cut it, but they'd be too tired to open another.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...i don't care who you are, THAT'S funny...

Ross

Jangu Fett
03-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Knew this was bond to happen. Hasbro, putting the Titanium Series on hiatus. Regular meaning of "hiatus" when Hasbro uses it, is.............." We (Hasbro) really have no idea, what we're really doing. So because we are all shabla di'kuts, We're CANCELLING the line.

Forgive the harsh Mando langage, but really. I thought Hasblow said last year that the Titanium line was one of the top selling SW items. But ,oh yeah, that's Hasblow definition. Translated it is "the new molds, if you are lucky enough to find, are selling really well. But, all the millions of Repaints we release are instant shelf warmers. And we don't know why."

This is going to be a really dark year for us Titanium Series collectors. For this year I hope Hasblow allows the line to go out with a bang. A bang on the scalee of a supernova. 3 new molds that would make this year awesome for the Titaniums, last year, for me are. 1) the long awaited, and promised, Dash Rendar's Outrider. 2) the Eclipse-Class Super Star Destroyer. And 3) the CK-6 Swoop "Freeco" Bike. If we see those 3 ships, I can say good-bye to the Titaniums. Althought, it would still be really hard.:cry::cry:

JediTricks
03-25-2009, 01:33 AM
I think Hasbro has rescued a few items from hiatus in the recent past, but considering how few OT vehicles are really left to make, I think it's clear this line is doomed.

Jangu Fett
03-25-2009, 09:08 AM
OK, I understand that there are not many ships left to make from the original trilogy, but there are alot still left to do for the prequels. Not to mention all the books, comics, games, Clone Wars Animated series. And next year or 2011, the new Live-Action series. Anyway I know I'm not the only one who really thinks, Hasbro is making a bad move dropping the line. Even if it's only temporarly, and the line might again come back in a couple year. There are still plenty of new molds Hasbro could make from TPM, AOTC, and ROTS.

Blue2th
03-25-2009, 09:53 AM
How is the Star Wars Transformer line doing I wonder?
Is it time to switch to a similar Action Fleet line but less moving parts, more detail? :rolleyes:

Darth Windu
03-25-2009, 10:01 AM
I think Hasbro has rescued a few items from hiatus in the recent past, but considering how few OT vehicles are really left to make, I think it's clear this line is doomed.
How does that makes sense though? Consider-

Kids these days, who lets face it make up a large portion of Hasbro's market, are far far far more likely to be into the Clone Wars CGI series and the prequels than they will the Original Trilogy. Hell I'm 24 and I'm really not even into the OT that much.

Secondly exposure in general is far better for the prequels and Clone Wars CGI. Now is the perfect time to be bringing out these toys - which Hasbro has done to an extent - but is certainly not the time for OT. I'm not having a go JT, I just fail to understand why having done most of the vehicles from the OT would doom the line.

Darth Enigma
03-25-2009, 11:20 AM
I agree with JT. This line is probably doomed. They have made a good run at most of the ships and there are just a handful of ships remaining to be produced (Accalamator, Outrider, Manificent etc..) I`m just glad I picked up these vehicles from WOTC ages ago.:grin:

pbarnard
03-25-2009, 01:10 PM
I agree with JT. This line is probably doomed. They have made a good run at most of the ships and there are just a handful of ships remaining to be produced (Accalamator, Outrider, Manificent etc..) I`m just glad I picked up these vehicles from WOTC ages ago.:grin:

I'd like to see WotC release another Starships Battles. It's about time.

Darth Duranium
03-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Yep - the last wave we received was the Cloud Car wave, and before that was the TIE Defender wave. Aside from those, NOTHING here in Australia. :(

Of course to magnify my annoyance, I made an order through scifigenre and the bastards sold the items I had ordered...

That truly sucks, DW... I received my order from them a few weeks back without a problem. $5.99 each, $4.85 shipping for all 3 was just fine. If I see any deals (that will ship int'l) for you I'll post a note here. Which ships/waves are you still looking for?

I'll believe that Hasbro's releasing more TS waves (after the Hound's Tooth wave) only if I see them appearing in HK... remember what happened to AF? Hasbro cancelled the last wave mid-production and few reached retailers. We never got the Mon Calimari/ JSF wave at all.... we did get lovely pictures of them, though.

Reminds me of a certain Cylon ship...

PBarnard, I doubt they'll be more WOTC ships... I don't think they sold well. On a positive note, the larger SB's are very easy to modify and put on TS stands... that's what I did to all of them, anyway. I wish the Outrider, Geonosian fighter, Ventress Fighter, etc weren't so small... they're now parked in a box! And the Home One's too big!

pbarnard
03-25-2009, 02:31 PM
PBarnard, I doubt they'll be more WOTC ships... I don't think they sold well. On a positive note, the larger SB's are very easy to modify and put on TS stands... that's what I did to all of them, anyway. I wish the Outrider, Geonosian fighter, Ventress Fighter, etc weren't so small... they're now parked in a box! And the Home One's too big!

Well over all, most WotC mini lines are disappointing, but the Starship Battles boosters sold the best of any line. Now the start up game may not have met expectations. While they won't discuss figures, the head of the SW RPG line has said Starship Battles was the best selling of all the booster packs; now the profit margins may not be there, but I have to wonder because of the "huge" minis being included in every other line. The whole collectible/randomized packages are maddening, so I don't know if anyone wants to go through it again, but they could/should.

Darth Metalmute
03-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Hasbro says the problem is no one buys them. Well I say the problem is stores don't stock them and the case assortment has the worst layout.

Just today I found Virago, V-19, Twilight, both Clone wars starfighters, Anakins EIII starfighter with hyper ring, IG-2000, Republic Attack Shuttle, Shuttle, Republic TIE Fighter, and the BARC speeder.

This was the first time I have seen any new ships this year.

Darth Duranium
03-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice score, DM... I agree, distribution sucks. And it gets expensive when there's so many new tools at one time, instead of spreading 'em out. Not that I ever complain about new tools...:)

Well over all, most WotC mini lines are disappointing, but the Starship Battles boosters sold the best of any line....

Didn't know that the SBs sold so well... the stores around here have loads of 'em and there was never an expansion pack... but I'll take your word for it, PB.

BTW, I ran across a mini customizer's post... check out these customs. Nice! Wish I could paint like that! Inspiring...

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1002682

The pic below is of the IG Lancer mini... gotta get me one o' dem...

Darth Windu
03-25-2009, 09:45 PM
That truly sucks, DW... I received my order from them a few weeks back without a problem. $5.99 each, $4.85 shipping for all 3 was just fine. If I see any deals (that will ship int'l) for you I'll post a note here. Which ships/waves are you still looking for?
It does suck, but hey. The problem was that I ordered about 8 of them (which I need to do in order to make it economical when including postage to Australia), but because I was using Paypal but could only get the money to them a few days later as it was the weekend, by the time I was able to pay, they'd sold out of about 4 or 5 of them, making the rest far too expensive.

I should be right for most of them, but still after
- P-38 Starfighter
- Aayla Secura's Starfighter
- Droid Gunship
- Trade Federation Lander
- Hailfire Droid

Actually I wonder if we should ask Hasbro to re-release these and other really popular Titaiums as a farewell to the line?

clone157
03-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Maybe in the q&a we could ask about some gift packs? It would be cool to do some mini paper diorama with a few of the different repaints in a hangar type area. Red Squadron, a Jedi Starfighter Squad, or a pack with Grevious' Starfighter, His bodyguard's fighter, Vulture droid, and an Invisible Hand. Or a clone pack of either their fighters or their ground forces.

Maybe if Hasblo went ahead and combined two properties in one: use bases with stats on them and make them useable as game pieces

JediTricks
03-27-2009, 03:03 AM
OK, I understand that there are not many ships left to make from the original trilogy, but there are alot still left to do for the prequels. Not to mention all the books, comics, games, Clone Wars Animated series. And next year or 2011, the new Live-Action series. Anyway I know I'm not the only one who really thinks, Hasbro is making a bad move dropping the line. Even if it's only temporarly, and the line might again come back in a couple year. There are still plenty of new molds Hasbro could make from TPM, AOTC, and ROTS.What do you feel are the "major" molds that still need production for Titaniums?

How is the Star Wars Transformer line doing I wonder?
Is it time to switch to a similar Action Fleet line but less moving parts, more detail? :rolleyes:I've lost my taste for that line, I've given them too many chances and they've backslid with it to repay that patience. Too few new molds too far apart, no more minifigs, really crummy bot modes and transformations, and more kibble. That said, I did see the V-19 Torrent SWTF and it looked alright in vehicle mode.

How does that makes sense though? Consider-

Kids these days, who lets face it make up a large portion of Hasbro's market, are far far far more likely to be into the Clone Wars CGI series and the prequels than they will the Original Trilogy. Hell I'm 24 and I'm really not even into the OT that much.

Secondly exposure in general is far better for the prequels and Clone Wars CGI. Now is the perfect time to be bringing out these toys - which Hasbro has done to an extent - but is certainly not the time for OT. I'm not having a go JT, I just fail to understand why having done most of the vehicles from the OT would doom the line.Really, your argument is that the kiddies are carrying this line? Does anybody think that's likely? My point is that this is a collector-centric line, and without OT vehicles to buy, collectors are going to pay less attention to it. Also, the OT vehicles are somewhat iconic, casual collectors both young and old know the big ones.

Maybe in the q&a we could ask about some gift packs? It would be cool to do some mini paper diorama with a few of the different repaints in a hangar type area. Red Squadron, a Jedi Starfighter Squad, or a pack with Grevious' Starfighter, His bodyguard's fighter, Vulture droid, and an Invisible Hand. Or a clone pack of either their fighters or their ground forces.

Maybe if Hasblo went ahead and combined two properties in one: use bases with stats on them and make them useable as game piecesEither we asked them about this and it was a no-go, or we didn't get the votes for a long while and I cut the question. I simply don't remember which. But honestly, I fear it's too late, what retailer is going to pick up an exclusive from a doomed line?

LTBasker
03-27-2009, 06:05 AM
Really, your argument is that the kiddies are carrying this line? Does anybody think that's likely? My point is that this is a collector-centric line, and without OT vehicles to buy, collectors are going to pay less attention to it. Also, the OT vehicles are somewhat iconic, casual collectors both young and old know the big ones.

I have to agree, it's incredibly unlikely that kids are/were carrying the line. Although, I'm sure many parents thought Titaniums at $5 might've made great stocking stuffers and quick birthday presents, but it still is/was definitely a collectors' line. Especially when around the $7-8 mark. Despite the small (in contrast to the figures) amount of people collecting them, they move quite well. With only a pegwarmer here and there (and always the predictable ones), you're going to be going out of your way to find the last of the current wave's ships if a new wave begins to show up. I think it's simply the line sells, but not enough to where it's practical with the way the economy is.

Blue2th
03-27-2009, 03:08 PM
I just bought two wotc starships on ebay, for under $10 total w/shipping:

Rebel Cruiser - Nebulon B
Rebel Assault Frigate

These look pretty good up close. I figured they would look good together no matter the size comparisons to Titaniums. I'm going to get a couple more of the capital ships.
I'm hoping they have a close size to some of the Titaniums.
I want to at least get the Acclamator and the Banking Clan Frigate. What's the rarity of those last two? They seem to command a higher price.

Doesn't Hasbro own this company? These wouldn't be so bad if the plastic was more rigid, and some of the smaller ones are cheezy.
Here's their gallery http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sbgallery

pbarnard
03-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I just bought two wotc starships on ebay, for under $10 total w/shipping:

Rebel Cruiser - Nebulon B
Rebel Assault Frigate

These look pretty good up close. I figured they would look good together no matter the size comparisons to Titaniums. I'm going to get a couple more of the capital ships.
I'm hoping they have a close size to some of the Titaniums.
I want to at least get the Acclamator and the Banking Clan Frigate. What's the rarity of those last two? They seem to command a higher price.

Doesn't Hasbro own this company? These wouldn't be so bad if the plastic was more rigid, and some of the smaller ones are cheezy.
Here's their gallery http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sbgallery

Yes, they're a subisdary of Hasbro, but their own seperate company. Basically, a step-child.

Let me check what I have, I may have one for you, and swing it all much cheaper than what they want.

The reason for the softer plastic is that they are game/RPG pieces. When you're hands are all grimey with cheetos and whatever table top gamers stereotypically shove down their pie holes, you don't want to ruin something nice. A quick rinse in the dishwasher and they're good as new. Also, carrying from place to place (other's homes, tournaments/cons/stores), you don't want to be weighted down with something so this is what they came up with. You'll find it consistent with the types of plastic used in the rest of their lines.

Blue2th
03-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Yes, they're a subisdary of Hasbro, but their own seperate company. Basically, a step-child.

Let me check what I have, I may have one for you, and swing it all much cheaper than what they want.

The reason for the softer plastic is that they are game/RPG pieces. When you're hands are all grimey with cheetos and whatever table top gamers stereotypically shove down their pie holes, you don't want to ruin something nice. A quick rinse in the dishwasher and they're good as new. Also, carrying from place to place (other's homes, tournaments/cons/stores), you don't want to be weighted down with something so this is what they came up with. You'll find it consistent with the types of plastic used in the rest of their lines.
cool pm me.

Some of these molds might be good enough for future sculpts of new Titanium ships.

Just about every space battle in Clone Wars we see a Banking Clan Frigate.
Not to mention the ROTS battle.
The Republic Assault ship in AOTC and cartoon Clone Wars. Both seem like a good candidates for new Titaniums.

Jangu Fett
03-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Some of the "Major" molds? Well, that's a matter of opinion. My own top pick ,maybe, would not be what other want. But, just a couple, that I think ,the majority of people would want might be Home One, Rebel Nebulon-B, a Acclamator, Sep. Cruisers from Ep.3. Sorry forgot what those are called. And What about Anakin's and Zam's Airspeeders? I would think these 2 would have been made already. They were both in one of the major scenes from AOTC.

Those are just some I beleive the majority of collectors would buy. But, I have to say I can think of plenty of others that I would want, but others may not think so. The majority of my wants come from the EU, and I know some don't think that any SWEU is worth being made. Never the less, I love to see the Mynock, Palleon-class SSD, a Underwater TIE, AT-AT swimmer, and the Acklay Mobile Base from the Legacy comics. Hell's Anvil, Jester's Legacy, Slave-2, Eclipse-class SSD, Keldabe-class and Aggressor-class cruisers, Canderus Assualt Tank, the Protodeka, Cydon Prax Dreadnoght all from the various SW games. Not to mention all the books, like the Imperial Preybird, and the Mon Remonda. All pretty high on my want list, other's might not even consider them worth doing. Or may agree on some and not the rest.

And I know Hasbro cannot please everyone all the time, but I truely think that if they made more EU and maybe even releasing only about 4 new molds at a time. Stop repainting and releasing older molds. And release them ever 2 or 3 months, instead of a new wave or revised wave every month, the line could continue. Maybe even with greater demand. And I'm not saying that Hasbro should stop reproducing older molds, or repaints, but if we get a X-Wing in one wave. We shouldn't be getting a reapinted X-Wing in the following wave. But this is only my opinion.

briar_mackinney
03-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey all -- yeah, I'm a newb here. I used to be relatively active in the titanium thread at starwars.com but apparently everybody there has died so I've decided to defect over to here.

The bad news about the line has got me steaming as well, but more than anything I'm anxious about what the final new molds will be. Personally I've been jonesing for a Rebel Medical Frigate, an Escape Pod, Asajj Ventress' Starfighter from the original Clone Wars toon, a Banking Clan Frigate, and Palpatine's Shuttle from the end of ROTS (forget the proper name and don't feel like looking it up on Wookiepedia). An Outrider I think is almost required, especially now that they've done the Virago and Hound's Tooth.

RJarvis
03-28-2009, 05:21 PM
The Moldy Crow would be nice and would look great as a titanium as well...I know it's been mentioned before, but though it warranted re-mentioning. :)

Ross

Darth Duranium
03-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey all -- yeah, I'm a newb here. I used to be relatively active in the titanium thread at starwars.com but apparently everybody there has died so I've decided to defect over to here....

Hey Briar and welcome to the forum... defections after mass deaths at the corporation are always fine by us.

The only downside is that the TS is ending and I've gotta guess that those of us who collect ships (exclusively) will be dying off on this forum, too.:sad:

Looks like you'll have to grab a BC Frigate from WOTC... it is well-scaled for the TS.

Blue2th
03-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Just got one of those WOTC Banking Clan Frigates on ebay. The guy had 3 at the beginning of the week and was down to 1 with ending soon. So I bought one. Gots to have it.

If Hasbro releases one, well they'd almost have to for Clone Wars ya think? :cross-eye

..then I can add to the fleet!

Oh yeah I got an Acclamator too. :D

Darth Windu
03-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah I decided to take the plunge and get all of the WOTC miniature ships that Hasbro didn't do like the
- Executor
- Mon Cal Star Defender
- Rebel Assault Frigate
- Republic Assault Ship (FINALLY I'll have one!)
- Banking Clan Frigate
- Commerce Guild Destroyer
- Trade Federation Droid Control Ship
- Ventress' Starfighter

and a few other fighters. Hopefully receiving them at the end of the week :)

Blue2th
03-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Well they did the Executor, but not in the WOTC size. It's huge! ;)

I've got the Rebel Cruiser and Rebel Assault ships on the way. I want to see these first before I commit to more. They look good in the photos, like the recent ones I bought.
Probably get some more different ones.
So I guess there's 3 different Mon Calamari wessels? Those other two will probably not be made into Titaniums. Heck the one Mon Calamari Cruiser Titanium I got was the only one I found, then nada.

Darth Windu
03-31-2009, 12:33 AM
Yeah I considered waiting but thought 'well okay they look great in photos, seem about the same size as Titaniums, and are likely the only way I'll ever get my favourite ships in this size' so I went for it.

I also picked up the RotS Tantive IV because lets be honest, the Hasbro ANH Tantive IV re-paint isn't even close to what we see on screen in RotS.

Darth Duranium
04-01-2009, 03:09 PM
DW & Blue, you might wanna check out the "appendix" to the TS Variant List at the top of this forum... I listed all the WOTC ships from SB that really are TS-size... the others are either too big or too small. For example, those Tantives are closer to MM scale... and they're a bit squat. Paint's good, though!
I can take some pics, if you want to see any SBs next to the TS ships... and there are a few I posted earlier in the Quiz thread.

JediTricks
04-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Some of the "Major" molds? Well, that's a matter of opinion. My own top pick ,maybe, would not be what other want. But, just a couple, that I think ,the majority of people would want might be Home One, Rebel Nebulon-B, a Acclamator, Sep. Cruisers from Ep.3. Sorry forgot what those are called. And What about Anakin's and Zam's Airspeeders? I would think these 2 would have been made already. They were both in one of the major scenes from AOTC.I had that same thought about the Ep 2 Airspeeders right after I posted last, they got over-marketed during the movie but we haven't seen anything since.

The rest are all capital ships, which generally have less appeal and certainly couldn't hang the entire line upon.

Those are just some I beleive the majority of collectors would buy. But, I have to say I can think of plenty of others that I would want, but others may not think so. The majority of my wants come from the EU, and I know some don't think that any SWEU is worth being made. Never the less, I love to see the Mynock, Palleon-class SSD, a Underwater TIE, AT-AT swimmer, and the Acklay Mobile Base from the Legacy comics. Hell's Anvil, Jester's Legacy, Slave-2, Eclipse-class SSD, Keldabe-class and Aggressor-class cruisers, Canderus Assualt Tank, the Protodeka, Cydon Prax Dreadnoght all from the various SW games. Not to mention all the books, like the Imperial Preybird, and the Mon Remonda. All pretty high on my want list, other's might not even consider them worth doing. Or may agree on some and not the rest.

And I know Hasbro cannot please everyone all the time, but I truely think that if they made more EU and maybe even releasing only about 4 new molds at a time. Stop repainting and releasing older molds. And release them ever 2 or 3 months, instead of a new wave or revised wave every month, the line could continue. Maybe even with greater demand. And I'm not saying that Hasbro should stop reproducing older molds, or repaints, but if we get a X-Wing in one wave. We shouldn't be getting a reapinted X-Wing in the following wave. But this is only my opinion.That's quite a list of EU ships. Without seeing the toys themselves, I can't imagine myself dropping $7-8 for any one of them, and that's the huge barrier. (I know what Slave 2 looks like, I probably wouldn't buy that at any price, it's boring. :p)

Hey all -- yeah, I'm a newb here. I used to be relatively active in the titanium thread at starwars.com but apparently everybody there has died so I've decided to defect over to here.

The bad news about the line has got me steaming as well, but more than anything I'm anxious about what the final new molds will be. Personally I've been jonesing for a Rebel Medical Frigate, an Escape Pod, Asajj Ventress' Starfighter from the original Clone Wars toon, a Banking Clan Frigate, and Palpatine's Shuttle from the end of ROTS (forget the proper name and don't feel like looking it up on Wookiepedia). An Outrider I think is almost required, especially now that they've done the Virago and Hound's Tooth.Welcome aboard!

That's a heck of a list, pretty strong argument for "more waves than this".

The Outrider they promised us and then literally forgot about. We reminded them, they slated it for the end of this year, now it's status is unknown but we're hoping it made it.

The Moldy Crow would be nice and would look great as a titanium as well...I know it's been mentioned before, but though it warranted re-mentioning. :)

RossYeah buddy!

Blue2th
04-01-2009, 04:39 PM
DW & Blue, you might wanna check out the "appendix" to the TS Variant List at the top of this forum... I listed all the WOTC ships from SB that really are TS-size... the others are either too big or too small. For example, those Tantives are closer to MM scale... and they're a bit squat. Paint's good, though!
I can take some pics, if you want to see any SBs next to the TS ships... and there are a few I posted earlier in the Quiz thread.

Thanks DT. So far I haven't bought any that aren't on that list..whew.

The Nebulon-B is about 3/4 the size of the Rebel Assault Cruiser as it should be I'm assuming. They look good together. Nicely detailed. Going to have to get the hair dryer or hot water to bend-em (that's what they should call these lol)

The other two, Acclamator and Banking Clan Frigate haven't arrived yet, but they're on the list, and you mentioned the size earlier.
Looks like those two have less long and thin parts prone to bending at least.

Darth Duranium
04-01-2009, 04:55 PM
The Neb B is a bit small... only a little bigger than the MM one... but it's in my Titanium wall, too... cuz there ain't any others even close.

Technically, the Interdictor's a little undersize and the 2nd largest Mon Cal cruiser is a little long but they're pretty good for TS size. The MC Viscount is wayyyyy too big, but not bad for AF!

I took some pics of some of them earlier in "quiz 3":

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39984&highlight=quiz

Darth Windu
04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Honestly I'm not too worried about the sizing - I know the fighters are going to quite little for example. The main thing was just getting the ones that Hasbro will never get around to doing, especially the Acclamator and Munificent.

Still should be all good, hopefully they'll turn up either today (unlikely) or tomorrow.

Jangu Fett
04-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Well, Darth Windu, I do hope you enjoy the Acclamator and Munificent. I have 2 Acclamators, but, both are horribly warped. Came like that, right out of the booster. Really big dissapointments. I have yet to see one that was not warped. The Munificent isn't bad at all. That one of my favorites from the SSB Miniatures. And 2 ships I'd like to see titaniums for.

Darth Windu
04-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Ah well, that's what hot water and clamps are made for :)

RJarvis
04-04-2009, 01:48 AM
Ah well, that's what hot water and clamps are made for :)

like Jangu i've my acclamators are badly warped...tried boiling water/ice bath to no avail...even went so far as to pry one apart...as best as i can tell, they're manufactured poorly and the parts don't really fit together all that well even with a bit of cutting and sanding...if anyone has had success "fixing" an acclamator, i'd love to hear how they did it!

Ross

Darth Windu
04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
like Jangu i've my acclamators are badly warped...tried boiling water/ice bath to no avail...even went so far as to pry one apart...as best as i can tell, they're manufactured poorly and the parts don't really fit together all that well even with a bit of cutting and sanding...if anyone has had success "fixing" an acclamator, i'd love to hear how they did it!

Ross
Well you're right, the production quality on the Acclamator is ****E. I tried to fix my badly warped Acclamator with some success, but not good enough. I then pried it apart (with surprisingly minimal damage) and then made the outside lines perfectly straight. The problem? A very, very noticable curve to the right - it shows up very well from the inside section too. How the hell did WotC manage to stuff up such a basic shape?!?!?!?!

What I'm thinking of doing now is:
- Re-assemble the Acclamator and pretend it doesn't bend to the right. OR
- Surgery

The surgery would involve slicing into the model on the left where the triangle bit goes straight back, and then filing down part of the model going backwards. This will either give me the material loss I need to straighten the model, OR it will remove part of the model with no gain, leaving me with an effectively destroyed Acclamator. Thoughts?

Aside from that though I'm VERY happy with every other model. The Muunificent is lovely, as is the Recusant, Interdictor, Viscoutn, Tantive IV, Wild Kardae etc. Can't get over the feeling though that the Executor is too wide at the back.

Blue2th
04-09-2009, 10:23 AM
I just got my wotc Acclamator and Banking Clan Frigate. The Aclamator has the warp in the same place as you guys describe. A big dissapointment to be sure.

The BCF is not that bad, but still has a slight bend from end to end. Nothing noticable from the top view. I'm glad I got this one, it's perfect Titanium size, and looks good with them.

I can't help but think Hasbro could really do these justice in the Titanium line.
Please, please, please?

I'm gonna miss Titaniums :cry:

Darth Windu
04-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Sucks hey? As I said, I just don't understand how they got such a basic shape so badly wrong...

Still I'm definately leaning towards my surgery option. Might try that out and let you folks know how it turns out.

Darth Duranium
04-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I think you're gonna have get medieval on its ***, DW. Just need a blowtorch and a bad attitude...

I'm living with my Acclamator... it's got a bend on the left side (if it's facing outwards) but it's fairly mild. It's to one side of my shelf so that you can really only see one side at a time... yeah I know, lame solution. I think that the hard resin they used is not conducive to any kind of bending... and their stands suck.

You could "battle-damage" the crap side and say that it got toasted while fighting the Invisible Hand over Coruscant. :)

Darth Windu
04-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I think you're gonna have get medieval on its ***, DW. Just need a blowtorch and a bad attitude...

I think that the hard resin they used is not conducive to any kind of bending
lol, that's a little extreme :-p

As for the bending that's true when they're cold, BUT when they're hot they're EXTREMELY pliable - they actually end up having the flexibility of paper nearly. Cutting through the plastic when it's hot isn't a problem, though it might cause tearing of the plastic. The surgery I'm confident I can successfully do, I'm just not sure if it will work or not.

RJarvis
04-10-2009, 12:15 AM
lol, that's a little extreme :-p

As for the bending that's true when they're cold, BUT when they're hot they're EXTREMELY pliable - they actually end up having the flexibility of paper nearly. Cutting through the plastic when it's hot isn't a problem, though it might cause tearing of the plastic. The surgery I'm confident I can successfully do, I'm just not sure if it will work or not.

sorry for the late response, but honestly, if you're up for such a thing (and you've got an extra on-hand as a fall-back), surgery is probably the best option...i began surgery on mine, got distracted and quit in the middle...like you, i found that hot water really helped...especially for getting it apart

you've inspired me to pull mine back out and take another run at it...will probably to that this weekend or early next week...if you put yours "under the knife" before that, let us know how it goes!

Ross

Darth Windu
04-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Well I may have a line on another Acclamator, so I'm going to wait to see what's happening with that before I do anything to the one I have at the moment. If I do go ahead with the surgery though, I'll let you know how it goes :)

Warstar
04-15-2009, 09:12 PM
WHAT?!?!?!?!?

Oh sure- I stay away for a while and WHAT? WHAT WHAT WHAT?

"HIATUS?"

...meaning we'll get vehicles in DVD packs and a revival 5 years from now?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo......

*Sob*

I don't even know what I am missing anymore because Hasbrao has frakked the line up SO BAD then EE is even going "WTF?" when it comes to listing things.

I mean I got the Shadow Trooper Speeder Bike- I only saw it ONCE- and where/what wave was this offered?

I got the P-38's and 1 of each of the rest of that wave- but that's all I ever saw.

They just changed the packaging AGAIN and I liked it...and now it's going to be dead?

WTF?

It'll be back to the Dark Days again here soon...:(

JediTricks
04-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Yeah, the dark days are ahead, but be fair, this line had a really decent run, they did a LOT. If you focus on the positives, it was stellar. If you take the negatives (postponed tools, endless repaints), it's still got its charm.

Blue2th
04-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey guys, there's some new Titanium questions in the Q&A!!!!!!

Votes? Votes?

Beuler?

clone157
04-26-2009, 10:22 PM
For this line to have poor sales, I gotta say, for the longest time it has been on a "if you see it and might want it, you better pick it up, cause you may not see it again". There's been a couple of assortments that I never saw, and I hunt often usually going to five points of interest at a time.

JediTricks
04-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Sadly, it looks like that had something to do with low orders.

britcit3
03-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Hmmmm......

TBH very surprised the whole small scale line has lasted so long since Galoob went bye-bye.

Very depressing.

BC3