PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad

Tycho
03-21-2009, 03:09 AM
My friend introduced me to this show that airs on Sunday nights on one of the cable channels.

It's crazy about a terminally ill chemistry teacher, age 50 and in midlife crisis mode with a child on the way with a young wife, who suddenly turns into a meth lab cook. He inadvertently becomes a killer as well. Believe it or not, the show's very funny.

So I'm borrowing the Season 1 DVD box set (there's only 7 episodes) and I'm catching up and I'll follow season 2 as soon as I can. This show is great. They used acid to dissolve a dead body in the bathtub already - to comical end results if you don't mind all the blood, bones, and guts falling through the ceiling under the upstairs bathroom.

This show is crazy!

The lead guy, the high school chemistry teacher who wants to leave his wife and children money when he passes, is played by an actor who looks like the spitting image of Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon in the Batman movies.
It's not him, though.

TeeEye7
03-21-2009, 10:13 AM
The "lead guy" is Emmy Award winner Bryan Cranston of Malcom in the Middle fame.

Ando
03-23-2009, 05:05 PM
The "lead guy" is Emmy Award winner Bryan Cranston of Malcom in the Middle fame.

He also played the swinger dentist, 'Dr. Tim Whatley', on Seinfeld.

JediTricks
03-25-2009, 01:13 AM
He once played a Ranger on Babylon 5 who gave his life and the life of his ship for the greater good.