PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peak of Nikto Skiff Guard

sebillba
03-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Hasbro have previewed this new Nikto figure as part of Galactic Hunter's Q&A: http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=7901&zoneid=2 Enjoy!

AmanaMatt
03-22-2009, 02:54 PM
aside from the W I D E stance, he looks great. this is their best looking figure (detail wise) in a long time. Hasbro aint making quality mostly these days - one reason they get very, very little of my money anymore. But, this is a must purchase, assuming the final piece looks good.

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 02:55 PM
The large photo: http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absolutenm/articlefiles/7901-skiffguardwm.png

Very nice, but very prototype paint, no way we'll get anything half as good in person. I'm especially digging the paint on the gun and the plates on the hat.

Not so sure about the legs with that wide stance, and the feet aren't cambered so they won't stand flat on the ground. That will hopefully get addressed by the production version.

AmanaMatt
03-22-2009, 04:14 PM
yeah, what is with the crappy paint jobs these days on the production pieces? did Hasbro switch to a new factory or something?

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 11:44 PM
I think they're trying to make due with less resources. Pons Limbic has a decent but simple paint job, while Trinto Duaba is a little more complicated yet feels plain. They're trying to get more small details which are easier to mess up in a paint mask, and then scrimping on the overall weathering.

Tycho
03-23-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm really impressed with the work that goes into the Comic 2-packs figures. I just came into this section to post about that when I saw the new skiff guard.

The Nikto looks great.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-25-2009, 01:50 PM
The figure looked great! I'm happy to finally see a good one of these.

As for the paint apps, these simple effects can be had by dry brushing your figures, as i do this all the time, and if you do it yourself, you can't complain.

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2009, 03:27 PM
and if you do it yourself, you can't complain.

What if you do a crappy job? :)

I think this Nikto looks awesome.

bigbarada
03-25-2009, 05:34 PM
This figure does look pretty good, so I won't whine about how he's not actually a "Skiff Guard" since he never set foot on any of the Skiffs.;)

Snowtrooper
03-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Looks good except for the "kick me in the balls" stance.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-25-2009, 06:56 PM
This figure does look pretty good, so I won't whine about how he's not actually a "Skiff Guard" since he never set foot on any of the Skiffs.;)

But skiff guard is easier to say than sail barge guard. Perhaps his regular job was skiff guard duty, and he just happened to be assigned to the sail barge that day.

Old Fossil
03-25-2009, 09:14 PM
I might as well buy one. I'm bored as hell.

Gothiczartan
03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
will this nikto thug have a removable head gear?

I hope they make the rest of the nikto thugs all with removable hats and helmets.

Tycho
04-01-2009, 06:46 AM
will this nikto thug have a removable head gear?

I hope they make the rest of the nikto thugs all with removable hats and helmets.

It would be great for Wooof, the green Nikto originally put out by Kenner as Klaatu (but he wasn't Klaatu in actuality).

Any Wooof would have that armored helmet and it'd be removeable. I'd think they could use Sirch Fi-Ek's already made headsculpt (for the Jedi Knight issued in 2002 for AOTC's arena battle).

sebillba
04-01-2009, 09:10 AM
It would be great for Wooof, the green Nikto originally put out by Kenner as Klaatu (but he wasn't Klaatu in actuality).

Any Wooof would have that armored helmet and it'd be removeable. I'd think they could use Sirch Fi-Ek's already made headsculpt (for the Jedi Knight issued in 2002 for AOTC's arena battle).

The jedi Nikto was also a red Nikto, like this new guard - as far as I know, the only green Nikto (like Wooof) in the modern line is the skiff guard from the 1999 cinema scene.

I agree, they'd all be great with removable headgear or helmets.

DarkJedi5
05-08-2009, 05:36 PM
In a recent Q&A Hasbro did mention that the little clip on the bottom of the gun is meant for the possibility of forward compatibility. They have said time and again that the sailbarge is not gonna happen unless it gets some great screen time in the show.

Here's what I'm thinking: in the film we've already met Jabba and the sailbarge had a second or two of face time. There have got to be folks at LucasFilm and LucasArts who want to see a sailbarge happen as much as we do. So maybe an aggressive letter writing campaign asking them to set a three part series aboard the sailbarge (like the Malevolence episodes) with great action scenes and flesh-out the interior of the barge and make it more exciting with pop up guns and whatever.

Anyone else think this could work or am I just crazy?

Moldy Crow
05-18-2009, 04:44 PM
They are never going to make Jabba's Barge it seems like, so it is weird that they made that clip.

I really like this figure, the detail is very good, and the stance is like in the movie, he stood wide when firing. I love seeing new figures like this!

I don't think Lucas is going to put the sailbarge in action just to make a toy, even if we want it. They have been accused of doing exactly that since Star Wars started.

DarkJedi5
05-18-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't think Lucas is going to put the sailbarge in action just to make a toy, even if we want it. They have been accused of doing exactly that since Star Wars started.

And what's wrong with that? If it wasn't common practice do you really think we'd be seeing Transformers and GI Joe movies this summer? These movies aren't made because some one has a really great idea for a story or because they want an Oscar. These are being made to introduce a new generation of kids to these classic toy lines.

I know it's gotta be a hard sell for them but instead of saying not unless it gets major screen time in the show, they could say that they're working on it. Unless they aren't. But with they way they have produced things in this line they should seriously be considering anything that is yet unmade and has more than 30 seconds of screen time in a movie.

clone157
05-18-2009, 05:55 PM
In a recent Q&A Hasbro did mention that the little clip on the bottom of the gun is meant for the possibility of forward compatibility. They have said time and again that the sailbarge is not gonna happen unless it gets some great screen time in the show.

I wonder if it would fit the rails of the Skiff from the Battle above the Sarlacc UBP.

Jabbapalacespy
05-18-2009, 05:55 PM
If they do make the sailbarge I doubt we get the entire ship. It may be just a section of it, perhaps with a re-release of the sarlacc monster. Of course that would technically make it a "playset" which Hasbro doesn't like doing either. So who knows what will happen in the future. If they do release some version of the sailbarge I hope they put enough thought and work into it to make it worth getting.