PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galactic Battleground PC Game.

warren
02-21-2002, 10:25 PM
Have anybody tried the Star Wars Galactic Battleground game on PC. It's quite interesting
and has an easy and familiar user interface as
it used the Age of The Empire concepts.

I have just started trying it out. Anybody got an idea of which faction is the best to choose for a beginner? I have tried the Rebel Alliance but got
chewed up by the Empire and the Wookies pretty badly.

mrhat
02-21-2002, 10:30 PM
well warren, my suggestion to you is to try missions of each of the factions, and see which one you like, i mean, you get a partially preconstructed army, and work force, so try that first.

Also strengh is in your allies, if you want to make it interesting, try having 2 alliances, and that should help a lot, as long as they come help you. The Imperials are quite hard, those AT-AT's are real killers, also look at the poster that came with it, and look at all the technology, and you could choose that way, Imperials have quite an advantage st cerian points, but so do other factions, i cannot wait for the expansion...

Hope that helped

Boba Rhett
02-21-2002, 10:39 PM
Well, all the civs are pretty well balanced. I suppose the Trade Fed may be a little easier for beginners because you don't have to build housing for them.

<shameless-plug>Feel free to go here for help (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=72)</end shameless-plug> :D

PloKoon2385
02-21-2002, 10:45 PM
I agree the Trade Federation is pretty good. The Empire is also very good. The wookies and the gungans are a little tougher.

warren
02-22-2002, 12:54 AM
Thanks guys !! I shall try it out again tonight with the Trade Federation and see if I could find a way to blast out those irritating AT-ATs.

Are you sure the trade federation do not need to build any prefab houses ?

Boba Rhett
02-22-2002, 01:10 AM
Yep. It's their, "thing". :) Also, Don't slaughter the banthas and nerfs you find roaming around! Gather them, stick them inside one of their breeding facilities and then stick a power core beside it. It makes a constant and never ending food flow.

warren
02-22-2002, 02:31 AM
You are refering to the animal pen that we need to build for our mounted troops when you mention breeding pen is it ?

Will it really work to give us a steady supply of food ? Do we need workers to work on it like other resources ?

Thanks for the valued feedback !!!
I really appreciate it very much !!!

Boba Rhett
02-22-2002, 04:28 PM
It's called a Animal Nursery. It doesn't have anything to do with the mounted troops. Once you get some animals into it and a Power Core beside it, it will supply you with a nice stream of food and you don't need any people to run it. :)

It's very important to build a Power Core beside them. It increases the amount of food made.

PloKoon2385
02-22-2002, 06:40 PM
Actually, it does have to do with mounted troops. You can't build them without the Animal Nursery!:)

Boba Rhett
02-22-2002, 09:34 PM
Doh! Your right! :D

warren
02-25-2002, 02:31 AM
Those Jokers AT-ATs are real killers man !!!
Just 2 of it and a bunch of Troopers and AT-ST,
and they blasted out my whole line of defence with walls and turrets along with a lot of my troopers.

The only way I manage to destroy them is with my airborne units.

SithDroid
02-25-2002, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I'm close to beating the game right now. Only two more levels to go. The only way to ensure that your base is protected extremely well is to build Anti-Air Missile Turrets. These things have saved my life more than I have ever imagined. Also once you have enough ore and the ability to build a shield generator, I would recommend it. Build as many as you can around the area so your units are well protected. Also one great strategy that I always use is to build as many Bomber units and air units as I can and then attack the enemy by air. Combine that with a powerful attack by sea (if possible) and you won't even have to send in any of your ground units. Just use them to defend your base.

warren
02-26-2002, 01:19 AM
If they have just a couple of those anti-aircraft towers, you can kiss your airborne division bye bye !!!

Those towers are damn powerful defence. Two shots and your bombers / interceptor are history.

I just found out that a small qty of airborne unit along with a strong ground force can level the whole base if used properly. Especially if you have those AT-ATs blasting big chunks out of the defence.

Amanamike
02-27-2002, 12:32 AM
hey has anyone done that sandcrawler rush where on the tatoinne map you go around the map and comandeer sandcrawlers to fight for you?? I did it my first game and won!!!! What a sight!!!!

PloKoon2385
02-27-2002, 07:11 PM
I've done that. Isn't it fun! I have also gotten the food storage shelters on the Imperial Breadbasket (don't remember the name, just the description). I don't know what they do though.

warren
02-28-2002, 01:53 AM
Have anybody tried the campaign for the gungans.
Wow, those bursa are real fast and dangerous.
I watch just a few of them created havoc for my whole army of troopers. Those gungan troopers are only effective for long range.
Put the enemy close and that's it for them.

Thank god those bursa can't reproduce... or else I would have really a tough time disposing them.