PDA

View Full Version : I found the ONE area where there are NO SW Collectibles - but should be!

Thrawn
02-22-2002, 12:41 AM
After 25 years of exhaustive research I finally have the answer.

There are NO Star Wars billiard products! This is a line that could make everyone happy.

For the broke collecor - Heroes and villains chalk!

For the semi broke collector - 8 ball rack with Death Star motif.

For the average collector - character pool cues. My wish would be a cherrywood ROTJ Emperor's Royal Guard! (he siad knowing they wouldn't make a Thrawn with glowing red eyes...)

For the above average collector - 8 ball set - Heroes set would have a Vader 8 ball.

For Sansweet - Imperial AND Rebel logo pool tables. And the one per case Fett emblem table.

JediTricks
02-22-2002, 01:34 AM
How about pool cues painted like lightsabers? Sounds a little cheesy, but kinda cool too.

LTBasker
02-22-2002, 02:11 AM
A Royal Guard force pike cue, and the trench run with 2 sides having several Rebel ships in the back of the trench with Luke's X-wing in front, DV in his TIE and two TIEs next to him and the Falcon trailing behind him with them "flying" to the top of the cue and just death star details on the other sides.

There should be balls that look like planets, the 8-ball of course being the Death Star II since it's the biggest and baddest of the Death Stars. :D

Oh yeah, and a pool table with major SW detailing on it with maybe concept artwork or something on it.

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 08:02 AM
Transparent balls with representations of different hologram characters in the center, so you can yell things like "Qui Gon Jinn! Corner Pocket!" or "R2 off the Emperor!":happy:

Lord Tenebrous
02-22-2002, 09:51 AM
The should also give the SW treatment to ping-pong. The paddles can have Imperial, Rebel, Republic, Black Sun, and Naboo emblems on them, and the balls can be painted as probe droids, thermal detonators, training orbs, and Death Stars.

The net can be interlaced TIE Fighters and X-Wings, and the table can have space battle art. :)

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 11:45 AM
And Jarts! StarWars Jarts!

(oh wait. they outlawed jarts. never mind):mad:

mabudonicus
02-22-2002, 01:42 PM
How's about a toilet duck style product shaped like jar jar?
Or perhaps adult novelties shaped like characters from SW.
Dead Jawa firelogs?
Amanaman-limb backscratcher?
What about "Han Solos smuggler porter"? There's no SW beer yet!

Mandalorian Candidat
02-22-2002, 01:49 PM
I think I'll hold out for a SW hockey jersey. Preferrably a black, navy blue, and silver one with the Imperial navy symbol as the main logo with smaller Tie fighter patches on the shoulders.

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 05:29 PM
In the deleted Anchorhead scenes, Deak and Windy were playing "pool" on that neon lighted, transparent, liquid pool table. If they could make something like that (except for the balls rolling through a half inch of standing water...) that'd be cool.

JediTricks
02-23-2002, 12:41 AM
Dead Jawa Firelogs? mabudon, that's classic! I'd buy - and use - those!

Thrawn
02-23-2002, 12:51 AM
Firelogs wouldn't be much of a collectible.

Besides you ever smell a Jawa? Burning one would be like burning rotten chicken...

A Jar Jar head toilet brush would sell more than all SW figures combined.

Lucas was approaced to make Boba Beer, but turned it down.

Then there's the Rick McCallum brand cigarettes which are flavored like Lucas' butt...

LTBasker
02-23-2002, 01:05 AM
Don't forget the blue Thrawn pucks for the restrooms. :D

Then there is always the Snowspeeder or Landspeeder shell to put on your car.

Oh yeah, also don't forget the R2-D2 DVD/CD player! Also holds your drinks, sharpens pencils, despenses icecubes, etc. :cool:

stillakid
02-23-2002, 02:42 AM
Fortunes are made from implemented ideas. Some idiot thought of making Darth Maul speeder bike banks and went ahead and did it. I doubt that he made a ton of money, but the idea got the go ahead from Lucasfilm in any case.

The billiard thing is brilliant, all it takes is the desire to see it through. Draw up a proposal and present it to the licensing department. With the floodgates essentially open, as evidenced with TPM merchandise, the billiard thing is a shoe-in. I'd run with it myself if it wasn't for my damn ethics. ;)

LTBasker
02-23-2002, 03:05 AM
*copyrights his ideas*

So I get royalties if you use mine. :P

JediTricks
02-23-2002, 03:08 AM
I think the cigarettes are funny.

Basker, isn't that what Hasbro was showing off at Toy Fair coming out with that this year for $99? ;) (ok, maybe not exactly)

LTBasker
02-23-2002, 05:09 PM
Ok well maybe I borrowed the idea from that R2, but an R2 DVD player would kick, especially if you could have the option of hooking it up to the tv or having the R2 act as a projector using it's holo-emitter. :D

QLD
02-23-2002, 07:39 PM
Star Wars feminine products, to get more female fans involved.

Boba Fett Tampon dispenser with rocket firing backpack action.

Jabba the Hutt - Douchebag

Bossk feminine itching cream

Different scents of Star Wars douche -

Mon Calamri ocean breeze

Endor fresh

Well, you all get the idea.....I'll shutup before I get banned.

Or how about the Luke/Leia at home pregnancy test?

Maybe Thrawn's Blue Star ointment?

Death Star Fire Escape Ladder?

Chewbacca's Head to Shoulders shampoo?

Amidala clown make up kit?

Obi-Wan Kenobi Denture-cream?

Aunt Beru and Uncle Owens Charcoal briquettes?

C-3PO gold teeth?

I think I am reaching now.....I will stop for real......

Lord Tenebrous
02-23-2002, 08:51 PM
I thought the idea of collectibles was something that was durable, nothing that would be rotting in your closet within a few months.

Although I'm sure that if Tampax or Playtex featured Star Wars collectible cards, it would make buying them for your wife and girlfriend a little easier. :rolleyes:

mabudonicus
02-25-2002, 04:58 PM
How many folks here have at least one box of "C-3POs" somewheres on hand?
What about han frozen in carbonite ice cube trays? That one would definitely fly.
No? How about a 21-b bust that says "take care sir" as people leave the washroom? I'd buy it once it went on clearance.
What about a washroom"refresher" spray called "Mediclorients" the pitch could be" it's like fighting fire with fire".
Wait for it.............Wooooooooo!!!!!

dr_evazan22
03-05-2002, 10:41 AM
What SW items do you dream about and wish were made? It could be an action figure... Whatever.

I've got 2:

1. Life size R2 from Jabba's Palace- that actually works and dispenses drinks. I think it would be the coolest thing to take your friends into your basement bar and pour a beer on tap from a hose from R2's head. The body of R2 would hold a keg and would be able to keep it refrigerated:crazed:

2. A X-mas tree topper of an exploding DSII. I'm not too religious, so I don't want an angel, so why not an event that restores freedom to the galaxy? I envision it in 2D, with a die cut photo of the DSII w/ a piece of plastic and a light behind the photo. The light would shine thru the plastic illuminating the incomplete construction. The plastic would be in the form of a 6-8 pointed star/explosion, and would be lit by the light ( like the AT-AT chin guns).:cool:

What do you want to see made?

jeddah
03-05-2002, 01:39 PM
Dr E said;

Life size R2 from Jabba's Palace- that actually works and dispenses drinks. I think it would be the coolest thing to take your friends into your basement bar and pour a beer on tap from a hose from R2's head. The body of R2 would hold a keg and would be able to keep it refrigerated

...you may want to check out the R2 builders yahoo e-groups. We're a group of about 500 builders who are making 1:1 scale R2 units. most are R2-D2 but there is one R2-B1, R2 M9 an R5-D4. There are plenty of kits out there, but making it yourself is a lot of the enjoyment. A lot more accurate and affordable than the 'licensed' <ahem> Don Post collectible.

jeddah

master jedi
03-05-2002, 10:57 PM
I'd want a Slave Leia blow-up betsy doll.;)

dr_evazan22
03-06-2002, 01:51 PM
Hey MAster Jedi,

I sense a Slave Leia motif here.:D I just read your wedding post, now this.

I agree the outfit looks great on film. I went to C1 and saw a girl dressed in the costume... Va Va Voom! The only drawback was the girl looked like she was barely 18, so I tried not to stare:rolleyes: .

Are you going to C2?

Lord Tenebrous
03-06-2002, 02:35 PM
Astromech keg and a playable Dejarik board, and that would satisfy my wants.

Jargo
03-06-2002, 03:18 PM
Star wars condoms, with novelty shaped ends..... :happy:

A wookiee skin jacket. complete with utility belt and satchel.

Novelty slippers in the shape of the feet from various aliens. Ithorians, grans, Ewoks, Dewbacks etc.

An Artoo drum vaccuum cleaner.

A star destroyer shaped bed. The bridge forming the head board and the conning towers being storage compartments.

A carbon freezing chamber shaped coffee percolator and cappuccino maker.

LTBasker
03-06-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by dr_evazan22
I agree the outfit looks great on film. I went to C1 and saw a girl dressed in the costume... Va Va Voom! The only drawback was the girl looked like she was barely 18, so I tried not to stare:rolleyes:

Hehe, I do believe she was in an issue of the SW Insider and I know someone who knows her husband. :cool:

I would like to see series of chairs based off the cockpits of the X-wing, Naboo Fighter, etc. and not only could you lower the canopy so you could turn up the speakers in it for the CD/TV/Computer as loud as you want and no one could hear plus it'd have a small TV w/ DVD player built in, a computer, and a cd player, and the seats would recline plus it'd have cup and food holders. :D

JediTricks
03-07-2002, 06:54 PM
Nothing personal, but these 2 threads seemed nearly identical, so I merged them.

2-1B
06-16-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm also surprised they never did a billiards set...I know they do NFL licensed sets and those seem nifty. Why not Star Wars? :confused:

I'm sure LFL would jump at the offer, I guess no company has wanted to pay the licensing fee yet? :)