PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Rumors

DarkJedi5
03-30-2009, 02:23 PM
I saw a rumor on another s (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Star_Wars_Rumors_ATST_Under_The_Helmet_2Packs_1221 10.asp)ite about a brand new totally kick butt sounding AT-ST and noticed we haven't got a current rumor thread in the Legacy Section. There hasn't been much so far which is why this is such an exiting rumor. Dare I dream of finally having a walker that can seat TWO drivers!?

DarkJedi5
04-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Okay so another thread stole my AT-ST thunder but I've now seen a rumor for some battle packs titled "Gelagrub Patrol" and "Battle of Endor". I'm hoping the gelagrub pack would be two clones and two gelagrubs. I do not need another Aalya Secura! I can't really figure out what I'd want to see in a Battle of Endor battle pack. I mean, we just got one with the Shield Door set and the UBP last winter.... Maybe a good AT-ST driver to go with the previously rumored walker?

El Chuxter
04-03-2009, 04:10 PM
I'd be fine with a ten-pack of Ewoks! :mabs:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-03-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure that any potential Endor sets won't just be a repack of the current one. If we do get a gelagrub set (which would be beyond sweet), I bet it will only be one gelagrub and probably two clones, but we'll see (if this is true). I'd kind of like to see it done like that Bob toy (http://www.amazon.com/Monsters-Vs-Aliens-44003-Figure/dp/B001P80FIS) from Monsters vs. Aliens, with the squishy feel/look to it, but I bet they'll just use normal plastic.

That commando droid set also has potential to be really cool, even though we're getting a single-carded one probably around the same time.

DarkJedi5
04-03-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure that any potential Endor sets won't just be a repack of the current one. If we do get a gelagrub set (which would be beyond sweet), I bet it will only be one gelagrub and probably two clones, but we'll see (if this is true). I'd kind of like to see it done like that Bob toy (http://www.amazon.com/Monsters-Vs-Aliens-44003-Figure/dp/B001P80FIS) from Monsters vs. Aliens, with the squishy feel/look to it, but I bet they'll just use normal plastic.

You're probably right about there only being one gelagrub and two troopers, much like the upcoming gunship pod set. I haven't seen that Bob toy in person but I would love to see something like that in Star Wars, it could be used for a Jabba figure down the road!

I'm not sure about the Endor one though. I mean, the packaging change isn't supposed to be until this fall (right?) and the rumor places these as a summer release. To me that means that a repack wouldn't make sense cause there's nothing to repack it in! I know it's just a rumor and imperfect but if it was the bunker set, why call it something different?

Snowtrooper
04-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Okay so another thread stole my AT-ST thunder but I've now seen a rumor for some battle packs titled "Gelagrub Patrol" and "Battle of Endor". I'm hoping the gelagrub pack would be two clones and two gelagrubs. I do not need another Aalya Secura! I can't really figure out what I'd want to see in a Battle of Endor battle pack. I mean, we just got one with the Shield Door set and the UBP last winter.... Maybe a good AT-ST driver to go with the previously rumored walker?

I'm sorry about not posting the AT-ST rumor in this thread. I saw it after I had started the other one. They could just merge the two together.

DarkJedi5
04-03-2009, 10:35 PM
It's cool, I wanted this one to be more a rumor thread anyway but saw the AT-ST as the perfect way to get this one going....

clone157
04-03-2009, 11:36 PM
I bet the Battle of Endor BP is just a rerelease of the one that came out earlier this year. But the gelagrubs sound great, I wonder if we will see the Gree body used for the clones, not to mention if they will have the yellow pauldrons.

Snowtrooper
04-09-2009, 06:44 PM
I wasn't sure what a gelagrub was so I found a couple pictures of it on wookiepedia. If they made it I'd probably buy 1 set though I'm not super excited by it.

Here's the pics for those who don't know what they are:

DarkJedi5
04-10-2009, 12:24 PM
See, I love all Star Wars beasties and so these would be a great addition to my collection. I'm pretty excited about this rumor and hope Hasbro delivers. I've found some more rumors around and the web regarding comic packs... we might be able to expect:

Luke Skywalker & R2-D2 (STAR WARS)
Camie & Fixer (EMPIRE)
Kashyyyk Trooper 2-Pack (REPUBLIC)
Noghri Warrior & Ralrra (HEIR TO THE EMPIRE)

I'm not sure what the Luke & R2 set would be, we already got a Luke in Stormie and R2 from the Marvel series so I don't think they'd do a set like that again. Especially when they could do Leia and 3PO? I guess I missed Camie and Fixer's appearances in Empire but if they're in their Tatooine togs it would be great to recreate the cut scene from ANH, just need a new Tank since they gave us the Biggs in TAC. I'd have to see the troopers in a two-pack because I'm getting tired of Kashyyyk clones.... The last one is the one I am most excited about a Noghri warrior! Are you kidding? Man, I really hope that one comes about, I would certainly army build that one. And it comes packed with a new wookiee which is cool and can be dumped into Kashyyyk scenes from ROTS so a figure that's still a little useful in multiples. I'm pretty excited about these rumors....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2009, 02:40 PM
I guess I missed Camie and Fixer's appearances in Empire but if they're in their Tatooine togs it would be great to recreate the cut scene from ANH, just need a new Tank since they gave us the Biggs in TAC.
Tank wasn't seen in any of the deleted scenes, I think, but Deak and Windy were. I would love to see Fixer and Camie as they appeared on Tatooine, though, to go with that Biggs.

I wonder if the Luke and R2-D2 pack would be either a repack or an X-wing pilot sort of set in wacky colors? And yeah, I have several Kashyyyk troopers already, so we'll see. Hopefully the other set will look cool since I don't know those characters that well.

DarkJedi5
04-11-2009, 02:53 PM
I just got an email from Brian's Toys listing new items for pre order, three of them are new battle packs with no figures titled "Commando Droids" which I assume is from the cartoon but the other two are "Ewoks" and "Jelli Grub Patrol" I have no idea what would be in an ewoks battle pack, I mean, other than ewoks. Hopefully it would have a new Wicket in it! And I guess this confirms the gelagrub rumor?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2009, 03:36 PM
This photo (http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absolutenm/articlefiles/7932-2.jpg) from GalacticHunter confirms the comic packs. Luke and R2 are repacks, so that's no big deal, but we're finally getting Camie and Fixer! Hot nuts, yes!!!

DarkJedi5
04-11-2009, 03:51 PM
This photo (http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absolutenm/articlefiles/7932-2.jpg) from GalacticHunter confirms the comic packs. Luke and R2 are repacks, so that's no big deal, but we're finally getting Camie and Fixer! Hot nuts, yes!!!

Looks like it but it's really hard to tell from the photo how god they look. At least for me. I wouldn't even recognize them.

Snowtrooper
04-12-2009, 05:58 PM
This more of a confirmation rather than a rumor and may already be old news. One of the upcoming BADs is R3-O1, the blue astro droid rolling down the halls of the first death star. Its a picture of the sticker on the Scuba Trooper package.

Phantom-like Menace
04-14-2009, 01:47 AM
I'm all over buying a ton of Noghri. I've been waiting for these guys for a while. Easily one of the figures I'm most looking forward to now. EU makes me so damned giddy.

The Gelagrub is pretty nice. It's not something I've been dying to get, and I'm not sure how to incorporate it into my GAR or if I even will.

sebillba
04-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Most exciting new rumour I've just seen is that someone (one of RS's best sources, apparently) has seen a prototype of a Utai figure! :D This has been my most wanted prequel figure since I first saw ROTS, so this is very big news for me! Sadly it seems there's only one of these little guys, no 2-pack, but it's still the best collecting news I've heard in the last couple of years.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Most exciting new rumour I've just seen is that someone (one of RS's best sources, apparently) has seen a prototype of a Utai figure! :D This has been my most wanted prequel figure since I first saw ROTS, so this is very big news for me! Sadly it seems there's only one of these little guys, no 2-pack, but it's still the best collecting news I've heard in the last couple of years.
Where did you see this? I didn't see it on RS.

sebillba
04-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Here ya go: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3706054&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#3706054

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks for that. Hopefully it'll turn out well, since those little guys are pretty cool.

sebillba
04-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Well the prototype is supposed to be good as the new ugnaughts, so it sounds very promising. I can't believe it's taken this long to get one, they always seemed like obvious figure choices to me. Now I can't wait to see the pics!

DarkJedi5
04-15-2009, 04:32 PM
So if we're only getting one is it going to come with some sort of cool accessory like th ugnaughts? I can't even think of anything good. Maybe a baby varactyl or an egg? Perhaps just a shovel and a bucket full of varactyl dung. Boy would that be sweet!

DarkJedi5
04-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Well here's a new batch of rumors... dig in!

A New Hope
Ponda Baba - FINALLY! It's been years since this major cantina alien saw a new release
Dr. Evazan - We've never had him on a single card, or a good version of him for that matter

The Empire Strikes Back
Luke Skywalker, Snowspeeder Pilot - cool!
Willrow Hood - Knew it was coming, Yarna part II
Zuckuss - Is he the last of the ESB hunters we have yet to get a fresh version of?
Bespin Security Guard (3 head sculpts) - awesome for troop building!
2-1B - probably just a slight retool
Obi-Wan Kenobi Spirit - eh
Wedge Snowspeeder Pilot - okay, you got me, I'd buy one
Lt. Sheckil - who? okay okay, it's Jeremy Bulloch as an imperial officer in ESB, uses Leia as a human shield....

Revenge of the Sith
Cin Drallig - who? Nick Gillard as a Jedi? I'm getting a theme here....
Darth Sidious, Senate Duel - again, FINALLY!
Yoda, Senate Duel - what would be different?
Oddball - okay, I'd buy a few
GH-7 & Midwife Droid - not at all exciting but I'd buy them to more towards completing that scene
Merumeru - another wookiee? cool.
Agen Kolar - this was confirmed recently in a Q&A I believe
Utai - this was rumored above
Captain Colton - wahoo another Jeremy Bulloch figure... seriously?

El Chuxter
04-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Cin Drallig is a prequel character I'd actually buy in a heartbeat.

DarkArtist
04-16-2009, 10:08 AM
looks promising. here's hoping it's true. liking the Bespin Guard but 3 head sculpts ???? guess I'll have an extra couple of droid parts lying around. oh well. hopefully he comes with the droid head as the pack in.

sebillba
04-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Nice list, thanks for posting!

A New Hope
Ponda Baba - FINALLY! It's been years since this major cantina alien saw a new release Couldn't agree more - he needs to match the standards set by VTSC Greedo (but hopefully without the soft goods).
Dr. Evazan - Hopefully it will actually look like him this time.

The Empire Strikes Back
Luke Skywalker, Snowspeeder Pilot - I've got the UBP version, so wasn't crying for this, but I'll still buy it if it's an upgrade.
Willrow Hood - hope it's not the final nail on the coffin for collector-driven figures. Possibly the most boring figure choice ever.
Zuckuss - Is he the last of the ESB hunters we have yet to get a fresh version of? Yes he is. Hopefully this version will make the old POTF version look like cr*p.
Bespin Security Guard (3 head sculpts) - cool, but wish all the heads would come with same release, it's such a pain to search out running changes.
2-1B - I was fine with POTF, but I'm sure this will make some people very happy.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Spirit - eh Probably in the same style as TAC Anakin Spirit. Yoda is more neded in this style.
Wedge Snowspeeder Pilot - not very exciting, but I'll get one.
Lt. Sheckil - a nice nod to Jeremy Bulloch.

Revenge of the Sith
Cin Drallig - not the most interesting Jedi, but I know a lot of people have been wanting him.
Darth Sidious, Senate Duel - again, FINALLY! As long as it's done right, this could be an awesome figure, but Hasbro's track record for Palp figs isn't great.
Yoda, Senate Duel - always love new Yodas.
Oddball - meh... but I'll get one as an upgrade to my Evo clone pilot, which has a scuffed face (damn painted faces!!)
GH-7 & Midwife Droid - glad it's a 2-pack
Merumeru - can't have too many wookiees!
Agen Kolar - yawn.... why???
Utai - Yeeeeee-Haaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! :love::love::love:
Captain Colton - Hmmm, Jeremy Bulloch overkill.

Droid
04-16-2009, 11:31 AM
I could do without another Ponda Boba and hope that we can get another never before made alien this year. Personally, I hoping for the Saurin.

I am thrilled they are redoing Evazan as I believe they are the worst sculpts in the entire line of toys.

I didn't know we were getting another Empire wave this year. I predict we won't. I would be so happy if they made the black Bespin Guard as it is the last Empire figure I really, really want.

I'd probably buy the two Bulloch figures.

I'll buy the birthing droids. (Funny what gets made in Star Wars)
For Hasbro's claims that the collecting figures are in a downturn they sure are rolling the dice with some of these IMO.

I'd be delighted to buy an Utai!

DarkJedi5
04-16-2009, 11:40 AM
The second Empire wave has already been confirmed, it will be following the ROTS wave as the last wave of the year. Willrow Hood will be in that wave (there are some sketches of him flying around that came from Hasbro in a Q&A) so it is coming unless something changes. I guess it's possible, they have already cut the TFU wave because it was too collector heavy and shifted it towards some sort of exclusives. I doubt they would do it with a wave built around the OT though.

And I'm not too sure about the ROTS wave. It's got nine figures in it and for TLC it's gotta be 8 or 6 and Hasbro says that it's a 6 figure wave. Agen Kolar has been confirmed but not as part of a wave so maybe it's Drallig, Utai, Yoda, Sidious, Oddball and Merumeru. The birthing droids and Colton seem like the stretches to me.

bigbarada
04-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Well here's a new batch of rumors... dig in!

A New Hope
Ponda Baba - FINALLY! It's been years since this major cantina alien saw a new release
Dr. Evazan - We've never had him on a single card, or a good version of him for that matter

The Empire Strikes Back
Luke Skywalker, Snowspeeder Pilot - cool!
Willrow Hood - Knew it was coming, Yarna part II
Zuckuss - Is he the last of the ESB hunters we have yet to get a fresh version of?
Bespin Security Guard (3 head sculpts) - awesome for troop building!
2-1B - probably just a slight retool
Obi-Wan Kenobi Spirit - eh
Wedge Snowspeeder Pilot - okay, you got me, I'd buy one
Lt. Sheckil - who? okay okay, it's Jeremy Bulloch as an imperial officer in ESB, uses Leia as a human shield....

Ponda Baba? WOOHOO!!!! :love:

Dr. Evazan? YES!!!!! :love: (seriously though, once they made Wioslea, Hasbro could no longer use the "he's too ugly" excuse)

I'm also pretty excited about the Snowspeeder Luke, Snowspeeder Wedge and Zuckuss. Although I'm a little apprehensive about the possibility of them using soft-goods on Zuckuss; but I think I'd prefer that to him being yet another salt-shaker.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Hmm, nice list. If true, these could all be really fantastic. I do wonder if it's too "collector-focused," but I think there's a broad enough appeal for most of these figures.

A New Hope
*Ponda Baba - Although I have three, I would love a real, complete upgrade. I doubt they'd include his hooves in addition to his hands, but that would be awesome.
*Dr. Evazan - Yes, this would be great. With modern sculpting abilities, it should look good, finally.

The Empire Strikes Back
*Luke Skywalker - Snowspeeder Pilot - They already confirmed him, and I assume he'll use the Evolution body, which is fine by me. Hopefully they give him a proper post-car accident face, since the Battle Pack version had the ANH face. I bet he won't have the big grappling gun, but that would be sweet.
*Willrow Hood - We already know about this, but cool. Hopefully they won't over-produce him.
*Zuckuss - Great, if it's enough of an improvement. I do like the 1998 version pretty well though.
*Bespin Security Guard (3 head sculpts) - I doubt they'll do three, but I can see two. I'd love to see them based on the vintage figures.
*2-1B - Didn't they mention not doing another Deuce for a while? But, hell, another Twobers means another Rockin' Deuce, so bring it on! :mabs:
*Obi-Wan Kenobi Spirit - If he has a hood for the Hoth scene, then bring it on. If not, I'll use him next to spirit Anakin on my ROTJ shelf.
*Wedge Snowspeeder Pilot - Cool, probably similar to Luke. I wonder if doing two similar-looking pilots in a wave is too much, though.
*Lt. Sheckil - They will likely just modify Needa, but Imperial Officers are horrible sellers.

Revenge of the Sith
*Cin Drallig - Cool, nice pick.
*Darth Sidious - Senate Duel - Yes, finally! I love this costume.
*Yoda - Senate Duel - If it's not a repack (which it might be since there are nine figures listed), then I hope they do more articulation, like on the upcoming Clone Wars Yoda.
*Oddball - Sweet, I've wanted this for a while. They can just repaint the Evolution clone.
*GH-7 & Midwife Droid - I kind of think this would be unlikely, but they'll go well with the Polis Massan. I doubt they'll ever do a childbirth Padmé, so at least it's something.
*Merumeru - Great. If they give him more articulation, then they can use the body on other Wookiees.
*Agen Kolar - We already know about this; I'll use him in my AOTC arena diorama.
*Utai - Sweet. There are three main Utai in the movie, so I wonder which it'll be?
*Captain Colton - I doubt it given the Sheckil in the ESB wave, but maybe they'll just put that head on the Captain Antilles body? I don't know. Again, with the nine figures listed, perhaps this one will turn out to be false.

Devo
04-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Evazan is the primary eyesore of the existing cantina lineup. Look forward to getting that one. I think the current Ponda Baba is fine but maybe seeing a new figure will make me change my mind like how the new momaw nadon and IG-88 did.

I sense the inevitability of softgoods on Zuckuss and Palpatine Senate duel. In all likelihood it'll look awful on Zuckuss and I'll be trying to figure out a way to use the POTF2's plastic robes on him. On Palpatine it maybe could be good if they use a better material than they used on the evolutions figure. I'm thinking of ROTS Luminara unduli for the material. And hopefully the monkey face emperor is an indicator that hasbro have learned to go back to sculpted hoods.

Snowtrooper
04-16-2009, 08:29 PM
I hope the Dr. Evazan rumor is true. I've been wanting this ugly SOB made proper for a long time now. An updated Ponda Baba will be great too.

Cin Draliig is the jedi thats fighting Anakin and the 501st at the temple, right?

The Bespin guards with three different heads will be nice. I assume that white, black, and asian will be the three types.

bigbarada
04-16-2009, 09:09 PM
*Ponda Baba - Although I have three, I would love a real, complete upgrade. I doubt they'd include his hooves in addition to his hands, but that would be awesome.

That'd be awesome if they gave him interchangeable hands. If you pay attention to the film, he had the hoof hands (I always called them paddle hands) in every scene and it was only the amputated arm that had the furry human hand.

DarkJedi5
04-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Maybe they'll do like Wioslea, hoofs from the back fingers on the front?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-16-2009, 09:45 PM
There are three types of Aqualish - Quara, who have furry, fingered hands; Aquala, who have hooves; and Ualaq, who have two fingers and a thumb. In reference material and EU, Ponda Baba is always portrayed as being a Quara and having the hands, despite his movie appearance. The Aquala from the Holiday Special has the hooves since it's just the Ponda Baba costume with a new jacket. Ualaq are the kind seen in the prequels, like Po Nudo. So, anyway, what I mean to say is that Lucasfilm will probably only allow Ponda Baba to come with the hands like the other versions have had, to keep with the continuity.

DarkJedi5
04-17-2009, 08:57 AM

So this seems to be confirmed in part, check out the photos up at bigbadtoystore: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS17010&mode=retail&picture=out

The Gelagrub Patrol looks like it's only one trooper and one gelagrub. No idea on the quality of the new vehicle/creature but I could see myself buying two. The Battle of Endor has one Ewok with glider, one imperial officer and it Leia in her Endor gear. The other two are the CW style commando droids and the upcoming turret set for the gunship.

sebillba
04-17-2009, 09:31 AM
The Battle of Endor has one Ewok with glider, one imperial officer and it Leia in her Endor gear.

Looks like Luke rather than Leia - he's holding a lightsaber.

Phantom-like Menace
04-17-2009, 09:58 AM
I might grab Baba and Evazan, just because I have half a notion of populating my Cantina.

I'm definitely getting Zuckuss. I've always liked him. I'll probably get Wedge. Cin Drallig is a big one for me, and I'm sure I'll grab Oddball. I may grab one or two others if I see them and like them.

Blue2th
04-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Maybe Hasbro will make an Arc Trooper variation of those Clone Pilots with blue trimmed helmets? :ermm:

Or at least release them single carded. How long have the Shark fin Gunships gone without their Arc Pilots?

Still I'm happy to get that gun pod. They've been a long time coming. I've got quite a few Gunships.

I like those Commando Droids in Clone Wars. They've been in more than one episode so far.

DarkJedi5
04-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Looks like Luke rather than Leia - he's holding a lightsaber.

You're right! Even though I just assumed it was Leia since ya know, Luke was busy during the battle of Endor...

Maybe Hasbro will make an Arc Trooper variation of those Clone Pilots with blue trimmed helmets? :ermm:

Or at least release them single carded. How long have the Shark fin Gunships gone without their Arc Pilots?

If you mean the phase II ones from the Target battle pack with the stripes, that would be cool, I'd pick up a few of those. I doubt we'll ever see the pilots from the first CW show that actually flew the shark gunship because Hasbro isn't doing anything from the Tarkovski series anymore (so they say but they have a BaD from the show coming in the TPM wave so who knows) but those ones sport the phase I armor so it would have to use the evo armor as a repaint.

Blue2th
04-17-2009, 11:27 AM
You're right! Even though I just assumed it was Leia since ya know, Luke was busy during the battle of Endor...

If you mean the phase II ones from the Target battle pack with the stripes, that would be cool, I'd pick up a few of those. I doubt we'll ever see the pilots from the first CW show that actually flew the shark gunship because Hasbro isn't doing anything from the Tarkovski series anymore (so they say but they have a BaD from the show coming in the TPM wave so who knows) but those ones sport the phase I armor so it would have to use the evo armor as a repaint.

No, it would be phase I armor, just like the first Clone Pilots, no fancy teeth on the armor, just a blue trimmed helmet with a Republic logo.
Is that so hard for Hasbro to do? :rolleyes:

It's a shame we aren't getting more (realistic) Tarkovski figures.

DarkJedi5
04-17-2009, 12:09 PM
No, it would be phase I armor, just like the first Clone Pilots, no fancy teeth on the armor, just a blue trimmed helmet with a Republic logo.
Is that so hard for Hasbro to do? :rolleyes:

It's a shame we aren't getting more (realistic) Tarkovski figures.

Just to clarify is this the guy you're talking about? If so, you can see that he has the addition of the Boba Fett style antenna that marks him as an ARC pilot. This would require a new helmet that's part ARC and part pilot with control box on the chest. Not saying it's impossible, but if it doesn't turn up in the new series I can't see them doing it.

Blue2th
04-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Just to clarify is this the guy you're talking about? If so, you can see that he has the addition of the Boba Fett style antenea that marks him as an ARC pilot. This would require a new helmet that's part ARC and part pilot with control box on the chest. Not saying it's impossible, but if it doesn't turn up in the new series I can't see them doing it.

Correct (and corrected :)) Yeah one (or two) of these would be awesome.
Add the Fett antenna and paint vualla!

I don't see him being made either. Hasbro would rather do Arc Troopers from the comics, or from the Umpteenth Battalion of made up Troopers.
Not so much anymore, but there for a while...

I'm happy to have gotten some of the characters from Clone Wars one, though I think there will be a ramping up of the animated style and less of the Legacy.

One of these days they might see fit to do one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Those battle packs look quite cool.

In the Endor one, maybe we'll get the Imperial Officer who was removed from the shield bunker set. There also looks to be a new Ewok in that set, which is always great.

I really didn't expect to get the gelagrub, but it looks really great.

That Rookies pack looks freakin' amazing. They even included the commando droid with the sword! Too cool!!! There's a clone helmet on the ground in that picture, so I wonder if they included a helmet for one of the droids to wear. It's nice to see that episode getting so much coverage finally.

Snowtrooper
04-17-2009, 05:28 PM
At this point I'd probably get the galegrub for sure. The rest I need to see more pictures of or in person.

dindae
04-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Ponda Baba - I'm happy with the current figure but If it is a big enough improvement i'll pick it up
Dr. Evazan - I'm sure this will be an improvement

The Empire Strikes Back
Luke Skywalker, Snowspeeder Pilot - meh I do like the idea of the grappling hook gun
Willrow Hood - I'll buy it hopefully it won't tank as bad as Yarna
Zuckuss - This is cool.
Bespin Security Guard (3 head sculpts) - very cool probably be three sculpt released overtime and not 2 replacement heads
2-1B - meh i will see
Obi-Wan Kenobi Spirit - don't understand this at all.
Wedge Snowspeeder Pilot - meh
Lt. Sheckil - it's Jeremy Bulloch and an imperial officer I'm sold.

Revenge of the Sith
Cin Drallig - sure
Darth Sidious, Senate Duel - hopefully a good version
Yoda, Senate Duel - meh
Oddball - meh
GH-7 & Midwife Droid - cool
Merumeru - gotta love wookiees
Agen Kolar - yawn
Utai - cool
Captain Colton - I would be surprised at two Bulloch cameo figs being done in the same year but sure.

clone157
04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Just to clarify is this the guy you're talking about? If so, you can see that he has the addition of the Boba Fett style antenna that marks him as an ARC pilot. This would require a new helmet that's part ARC and part pilot with control box on the chest. Not saying it's impossible, but if it doesn't turn up in the new series I can't see them doing it.

I hate to say it, but the version we got in the Imperial pilots evolutions set is going to be the closest we are going to see.

Blue2th
04-25-2009, 10:59 PM
I hate to say it, but the version we got in the Imperial pilots evolutions set is going to be the closest we are going to see.

Yeah, I'll bet he'd be a pretty easy custom. I'm suprised no one has done one.

Hasbro should re-do the whole Muunilist Ten Arc Troopers to match the new Legacy Heavy Gunner and update Captain Fordo (though I'd rather see him in his phase 2 Coruscant armor)

..just don't forget them damn pilots next time.

clone157
04-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah, they should redo the basic ARC Trooper. We have an awesome Null ARC, but I agree that we need a new Muunilist 10, or at least the other 9.

DarkJedi5
04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Is there a difference in appearance between a Null ARC and a regular ARC? I thought they were just further genetically enhanced...?

Snowtrooper
04-27-2009, 07:24 PM
This prototype was sold on ebay not too long ago. It was listed as prototype ARC trooper. Rumor says that its the trooper packed with the Galegrub. Its got the balljointed hips for sitting atop it.

clone157
04-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Is there a difference in appearance between a Null ARC and a regular ARC? I thought they were just further genetically enhanced...?

Yeah, the armor is different in the trunk area, but I can't find a good picture.
(there's more junk on the trunk, going between the breast and belt areas. Look at the standard ARC figure and the figure of Alpha)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-28-2009, 08:11 PM
This prototype was sold on ebay not too long ago. It was listed as prototype ARC trooper. Rumor says that its the trooper packed with the Galegrub. Its got the balljointed hips for sitting atop it.
Yeah, I'd bet that's the gelagrub trooper, without his soft goods skirt.

DarkJedi5
04-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah, the armor is different in the trunk area, but I can't find a good picture.
(there's more junk on the trunk, going between the breast and belt areas. Look at the standard ARC figure and the figure of Alpha)

According to RS every ARC trooper ever made uses the torso from Alpha, they're all the same....