PDA

View Full Version : Buy 2 Wii games, get 1 free (any price point) at TARGET thru 4-4-09

Tycho
04-01-2009, 01:01 AM
I just paid $90 for $150 worth of games at TARGET!

I'd rented 3 games for the Wii to check them out and decided I wanted them and would buy them all eventually.

Well I got a coupon from Target, spend $100 in electronics and get $10 off.

So I decided to go in and do that today, but they had Buy 2 Get 1 Free at any price.

The games I wanted were all $49.95 regularly, but it was like Double-Coupon-Day at Target. I was buying 2 games at $49.95, which is actually like $99.90, and I got another $49.95 game for FREE, and on top of it, they honored my coupon for $10 off my electronics purchase, so I paid $89.99 and got the $49.95 game for Free.

I don't even know if the employee was supposed to do that, but the computer accepted my coupon.

My receipt does show that if I returned any game (unopened I'd guess), that I would only get $33 back per game (which would be right if you add tax in to the $89.90 for 3 games).

I got

Tiger Woods' Golf 2009
Major League Baseball 2K9 (2009)
Lego Indiana Jones for FREE!

Maybe Target knows something I don't (about the Wii becoming a dead platform or something - it has the least amount of games out there with X-Box 360 running circles around it, I'd guess). But I love my Wii and I tried out all the systems before I bought one and I had the most fun playing Wii Sports.

So that's that. Wii platform owners: head to Target in the first 4 days of April and enjoy!

By the way, I did not think to look if the other platforms (PS3 and X-Box 360) had the same deal on games going - but it is possible.

pbarnard
04-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Did the same, finally picked up SW Lego. I'm lovin' it. My wife picked up some skateboarding game that uses the Balance Board. Got a third game just because it had a steering wheel so we can 2 player that or Mario Kart.

Basically, the supply of Wiis and Balance Boards/Wii Fit are finally catching up to demand.

Tycho
04-01-2009, 10:07 AM
The Lego games (Star Wars and Indiana Jones) are awesome.

I will probably look into Batman eventually.

The other games you picked out sound cool. I've never used the balance board or the steering wheel for any Wii games, but the steering wheel looked very cool when I finally looked at it while at Best Buy.

pbarnard
04-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Mario Kart is fun online and multiplayer at the same time. Of course, you have to play a lot of single player to unlock some of the fastest bikes and karts.

El Chuxter
04-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Trouble is, once you've gotten the choice games, Target has mostly crap. :( I actually couldn't find even a second one there I wanted yesterday.

UKWildcat
04-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Trouble is, once you've gotten the choice games, Target has mostly crap. :(

Hmmm... deja vu...

El Chuxter
04-01-2009, 03:07 PM
They just keep a relatively small selection, and tend to focus on newer games, most of which are third-party turdbombs. I've got most of the games made by Nintendo, the Lego games, and the few good third-party games Target actually carries.

Tycho, they usually run this sale at TRU around October or November. They have a bigger selection than Target.

Tycho
04-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on a TRU sale, Chuxter.

Of course, next Fall would be a long wait!

I found a way to get better at MLB 2K9:

1) put it on "easy mode"
2) if I insist on being the San Diego Padres, play another team that also sucks (like Pittsburgh :thumbsup: ) and practice that way.

I might even eventually win!

(also - DO NOT set the wind conditions at the ballpark to carry every other hit by your oponent over the centerfield wall :rolleyes:)

figrin bran
04-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Unfortunately, they rarely have these deals for xbox360
or PS3. Probably because 3rd party games sell much better on those
platforms?