PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone actually worried about this Cornflake or whatever virus?

JEDIpartner
04-01-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm not. I can't be bovvered. :o

UKWildcat
04-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Not unless my computer gets infected.

pbarnard
04-01-2009, 10:47 AM
No, I have computer safe chicken soup and kleenex standing by!

bobafrett
04-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I was trying to read about it, then my wife ticked me off, so I didn't finish finding out how to protact my computer from it.

I'm waiting until the release the "frosted cornflake" virus.

pbarnard
04-01-2009, 12:08 PM
I was trying to read about it, then my wife ticked me off, so I didn't finish finding out how to protact my computer from it.

If you're computer's active, well they have a section in the pharmacy with things that can protect it.

bigbarada
04-01-2009, 12:27 PM
I own a Mac, so no worries here.:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Same with me. Suckers . . .

LusiferSam
04-01-2009, 02:53 PM

Same with me. Suckers . . .

And same here. In 15 years of Mac ownership, I've had one virus. That was back in 1994 when my school's computers got infected with CDEF, a minor Mac virus.

JediTricks
04-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Ha ha, your crappy Apple computers aren't important enough for people to write viruses for! :p

bigbarada
04-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Ha ha, your crappy Apple computers aren't important enough for people to write viruses for! :p

Yeah, it stinks that you can never make anything cool on a Macintosh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLSkVFFrwvk

;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2009, 05:08 PM

;)
That was pretty sweet, but you don't strike me as a Nathan. ;)

bigbarada
04-01-2009, 05:12 PM
That was pretty sweet, but you don't strike me as a Nathan. ;)

It's worse, I'm a Nathanael. :p

That was actually my final project for the Intro to 3D class back in 2004. The robot model was created in Maya 5 and all the animation and rendering was done in Maya 6 using mental ray.

Dar' Argol
04-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Hmmm . . but notice that on a MAC everything moves so slow . . . . .even falling is slow . . . . lol . . . j/k BigB!!

As long as you have done the Windows update since October you are fine. There was a security hole discovered then and the update was sent out shortly after. I have no worries over this one . . . now the Blaster Worm and Iloveyou . . those I worried about.

bigbarada
04-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Hmmm . . but notice that on a MAC everything moves so slow . . . . .even falling is slow . . . . lol . . . j/k BigB!!

Yeah, that "comic timing" is no joke. I've heard that if you're off by so much as a single frame, you've ruined the whole gag.

For the record, I'm pretty sure that my timing was off by waaaay more than one frame. lol

Ji'dai
04-02-2009, 04:33 PM
I was concerned about the worm since I just got a new comp and figured that it'd be just my luck that the machine would get infected. But I updated my security software shortly before Microsoft issued the warning and I can access pc security-company websites (apparently infected pcs are redirected), so I'm breathing a little easier.

JediTricks
04-02-2009, 05:04 PM

;)Yeah, nobody could ever do 3D modeling via Maya on a PC or even Linux. :rolleyes: :p

bigbarada
04-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Yeah, nobody could ever do 3D modeling via Maya on a PC or even Linux. :rolleyes: :p

Actually Maya was PC-only until version 5. :o

bobafrett
04-03-2009, 07:13 AM

I had a bowl of frosted flakes this morning. Quite delicious!

JediTricks
04-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Actually Maya was PC-only until version 5. :o
Maya was actually a Unix-based program first, the PC version was a port of that.

My mom gave me her Eee PC, it runs Linux, so viruses are almost non-existant in the wild. The updates to its built-in AV are hilariously small. I almost kept it around, it was fine for a netbook, but it didn't agree with my router which meant leeching, which I wasn't going to do, so I'm selling it.