PDA

View Full Version : Looking for these Titaniums - any help greatly appreciated

Darth Windu
04-03-2009, 04:35 AM
Hi folks,

As Australia missed this wave (well we've missed EVERY wave after the Cloud Car wave) I've ended up with a few holes in my collection. My needs are

- P-38 Starfighter
- Aayla Secura's Jedi Starfighter
- Trade Federation Landing Craft
- Hailfire Droid
- Droid Gunship

If anyone knows where they can be had for a reasonable price (the best I've seen for the Hailfire so far is about $30 AUD with shipping - wayyyyyy too much) OR if anyone could grab some from your local store or whatever (especially if you can get all five) I would be EXTREMELY grateful.

Cheers folks.

Darth Jax
04-03-2009, 09:32 AM
don't feel bad i haven't/didn't see that wave either

cloneemperor
04-03-2009, 10:50 AM
The only one of those I ever saw here in Canada was the P-38 Starfighter.

Darth Metalmute
04-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Didn't see the wave here either. I don't see it on entertainment earth either.

Darth Duranium
04-03-2009, 03:45 PM
DW, drop me an email a.s.a.f.p... you are now sorted, mate. I took a chance and grabbed a set for you... had to go to 4 different places locally to get 'em all... almost nothing left! But I know you'll really appreciate 'em...

RJarvis
04-03-2009, 06:21 PM
DW, drop me an email a.s.a.f.p... you are now sorted, mate. I took a chance and grabbed a set for you... had to go to 4 different places locally to get 'em all... almost nothing left! But I know you'll really appreciate 'em...

If there are any p38's still available, i'd love to have one...never saw them down here in the hinterlands either

Ross

Darth Duranium
04-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Sorry, Ross... I've completely cleaned out the local supply... that's why I had to go to 4 different places for DW. Thought I'd help a brother out. But if DW turns 'em down (kinda unlikely, I'd think)... I'll let you know.

If I see another P38 I will grab it for you!

Wish I could help all of y'all out (DM, DJ, CloneE)... it's a pretty decent set! The TF Landing Craft is one my all-time favourites, despite being at a different scale than any other TS ship. Almost solid metal and huge... gotta love Galoob's tools. They're going for $30 on eBay lately, too!

Actually, if anyone's got an extra V-Wing (latest one: clean paint, red markings) please let me know!

Darth Windu
04-03-2009, 10:17 PM
:O DT, you're a LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I can probably (though not definately) grab you a red, clean V-wing BUT it wouldn't be until around July which would be the earliest I could do it :(

Darth Duranium
04-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Got your info... email coming!

RJarvis
04-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Sorry, Ross... I've completely cleaned out the local supply... that's why I had to go to 4 different places for DW. Thought I'd help a brother out. But if DW turns 'em down (kinda unlikely, I'd think)... I'll let you know.

If I see another P38 I will grab it for you!

i completely understand...i scoured all toy outlets within a 90 mile radius to find the p38...i've been pretty fortunate otherwise...i'm not a completist (Warstar), but i do pick up the ones that tickle my fancy

Actually, if anyone's got an extra V-Wing (latest one: clean paint, red markings) please let me know!

i'll keep my eyes out and thanks again

Ross

Darth Duranium
04-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks, Ross.:thumbsup: BTW, DW did indeed take me up on the offer... quel surprise!

The weird thing is that there were loads of P38s and the rest of that wave on the pegs around here about 3 weeks ago... they re-stocked 'em after Christmas (instead of new ships, the bastards). They had a sale a few weeks back and they got cleaned out, apparently. I will keep my eyes open... there's a store I know of that has loads of older ships...

JediTricks
04-06-2009, 01:26 AM
I may have a line on a P-38 and a clean V-wing.

I'm also looking for the Trade Fed Landing Craft. There's a Hong Kong seller that has loose ones, but they always seem to go for about a buck more than I want to spend.

Darth Duranium
04-06-2009, 06:27 PM
JT, I'll keep an eye out for another TF Landing Craft for you... I'll let you know later this week if there are any left around here. There's one more store I can check... that's if you don't mind Canadian packaging. I'll look for Ross' P38, too.

Might wanna avoid the HK guy, unless you're not worried about paint and tool issues. They're usually factory seconds, according to a number of folks... he's got a clean V-Wing for sale that's cheap but I'd rather have good paint for an extra couple of bucks.

I was gonna skip the V-Wing repaint but, seeing as how they've hyena-ed, err, hiatused the TS line, I decided to get it and complete the collection. The clean one was supposed to be in the Hound's Tooth wave but they switched it to the Imperial one at the last minute.

Please drop me an email if you come across a V-Wing... I'd really appreciate it!

RJarvis
04-06-2009, 06:36 PM
I may have a line on a P-38 and a clean V-wing.

I'm also looking for the Trade Fed Landing Craft. There's a Hong Kong seller that has loose ones, but they always seem to go for about a buck more than I want to spend.

JT - If you were posting that message re: p38 for me, that's outstanding!...if not, then i'd totally be interested in doing whatever i had to do to get it (right up to and including video taping myself standing on my head stacking bb's and posting it to youtube...jk)

Ross

Darth Duranium
04-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Hey Ross... Forbidden Planet has P-38s in stock on sale for 6 quid. Get at 'em, Tiger! They're legit... nice shop in London, too. Not cheap but nowhere near an eBay scalper's price either.

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_550_4321&sort=20a

Please, no videos necessary:)

JediTricks
04-07-2009, 07:55 PM
JT, I'll keep an eye out for another TF Landing Craft for you... I'll let you know later this week if there are any left around here. There's one more store I can check... that's if you don't mind Canadian packaging. I'll look for Ross' P38, too.I definitely don't mind.

Might wanna avoid the HK guy, unless you're not worried about paint and tool issues. They're usually factory seconds, according to a number of folks... he's got a clean V-Wing for sale that's cheap but I'd rather have good paint for an extra couple of bucks.Thanks, his photo didn't show that but he mentioned it in the description, I didn't realize it was that bad. I will avoid.

I'll email if I get the clean V-wing.

JT - If you were posting that message re: p38 for me, that's outstanding!...if not, then i'd totally be interested in doing whatever i had to do to get it (right up to and including video taping myself standing on my head stacking bb's and posting it to youtube...jk)

RossIt was Windu, but he has one lined up, so you got it if I find it.

RJarvis
04-08-2009, 01:29 AM
It was Windu, but he has one lined up, so you got it if I find it.

sorry for the confusion on my end, but good for him, and hopefully good for me!

thanks much!

Ross

RJarvis
04-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Hey Ross... Forbidden Planet has P-38s in stock on sale for 6 quid. Get at 'em, Tiger! They're legit... nice shop in London, too. Not cheap but nowhere near an eBay scalper's price either.

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_550_4321&sort=20a

Please, no videos necessary:)

thanks much for the heads-up! if one doesn't pan out stateside, i'll ask "she who holds the credit cards" if i can go for an online purchase :whip:

and thanks for not requiring a video...i was already practicing and it wasn't going well :razz:

Ross

Darth Duranium
04-08-2009, 05:53 AM
thanks much for the heads-up! if one doesn't pan out stateside, i'll ask "she who holds the credit cards" if i can go for an online purchase :whip:

and thanks for not requiring a video...i was already practicing and it wasn't going well :razz:

Ross

No worries, Ross. The whip scars do fade with time... but for sanitary reasons it's best to keep all camcorders covered during the actual flogging. ;)

Don't wait too long... I never see them on eBay anymore.:mad:

JT, I grabbed a cheap V-Wing online so I'm now all caught up. Thanks for your offer to look... it's appreciated.

I'll keep an eyeball out for a TF Lander... I might get lucky and find another. Some jerkoff on eBay wants $100 for one... what a deal.

JediTricks
04-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Nice get on the V-wing, now I'm just back to that P-38 for Ross.

Appreciate any help you can give on the Lander, it's been overpriced for months already.

Michael Dracon
04-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Nice get on the V-wing, now I'm just back to that P-38 for Ross.

Appreciate any help you can give on the Lander, it's been overpriced for months already.

This guy has one on ebay. It's still pretty cheap at the moment: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pjd1210_2008

Forbidden Planet still has the P-38 for sale: http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=47301

cloneemperor
04-10-2009, 10:01 PM
I was in my "local" Wal-Mart today (first time in weeks), and they had a couple P-38's if you still need one Ross. I picked one up, figured if you didn't want it I could always go to eBay with it. Let me know.
- Dan

RJarvis
04-11-2009, 01:51 AM
I was in my "local" Wal-Mart today (first time in weeks), and they had a couple P-38's if you still need one Ross. I picked one up, figured if you didn't want it I could always go to eBay with it. Let me know.
- Dan

ABSOLUTELY! send me a pm and we'll get things worked out...

thanks VERY much!

Ross

Darth Duranium
04-11-2009, 05:16 PM
The Canadians come through again:)... nice one, cloneemp. That should put the South Park "Blame Canada" jokes on standby for a while...

JT... pm me... I've got some good news for you, too. This good news is shaped like an "H".... found it today.

Clone, have you tried your local Zeller's stores for the Titaniums you're missing? That's where I found most of DW's set and JT's ship. Just wondering.... all their stock is prehistoric around here. Sears, too.

Let me know specifically which ones you're still looking for... I'll keep my eyes peeled.

cloneemperor
04-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I haven't seen anything from 2009 yet over here sadly. From Legacy wave 4, I never saw the Droid Gunship, the TF Landing Craft, and the Hailfire. Unfortunately, Zellers, Wal-Mart and Toys-R-Us are an hour away, so I don't get there very often anymore. The only thing I haven't found from Legacy wave 5 is Anakin's Clone Wars Fighter. I won't get into the items I'm still looking for that are older than that (58 vehicles, 8 multi-packs, 7 Ultra vehicles, 5 Forged Figures :) ) because there are too many too list and eBay is the only reasonable place for them now. What I'm actively searching for on eBay right now are my missing Micro Machines items. Been doing pretty good on those to my wife's chagrin.

Darth Duranium
04-14-2009, 08:28 PM
JT - Drop me your email if you're interested in the TF Landing Ship

JediTricks
04-17-2009, 05:35 PM
This guy has one on ebay. It's still pretty cheap at the moment: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pjd1210_2008

Forbidden Planet still has the P-38 for sale: http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=47301
Thanks for the head's up, and welcome aboard!

I haven't found that P-38 for Ross, haven't been able to hit stores much lately due to my car situation but I have been looking.

The Canadians come through again:)... nice one, cloneemp. That should put the South Park "Blame Canada" jokes on standby for a while...

JT... pm me... I've got some good news for you, too. This good news is shaped like an "H".... found it today.

Clone, have you tried your local Zeller's stores for the Titaniums you're missing? That's where I found most of DW's set and JT's ship. Just wondering.... all their stock is prehistoric around here. Sears, too.

Let me know specifically which ones you're still looking for... I'll keep my eyes peeled.Thanks for the find, sorry I didn't get back to you, been busy with the aforementioned car mess.

RJarvis
04-17-2009, 07:01 PM
- Dan

Heya...we passed a couple of pms and for some reason, they've gone missing out of my inbox...most likely user error (in my line of work, we refer to it as PIBKAC - Problem Is Between Keyboard And Chair)

Anyway, I just sent you a pm and thanks again!

Ross

Darth Windu
04-20-2009, 11:38 AM
I officially declare the 20th of April to be Titanium Day!

Why you ask? I'm glad you did. :) I received two packages today. One from the awesome Darth Titanium (which I haven't opened, but I trust it contains):
- P-38
- Hailfire Droid
- Droid Gunship
- Aayla Secura's Fighter
- Trade Federation Lander

PLUS another package containing:
- Virago
- Twilight
- Anakins CW Fighter
- Obi's CW Fighter
- Anakin's Ep3 Fighter w/Hyperspace Ring
- Neimodian Shuttle
- Republic Shuttle
- V-19
- Republic Fighter Tank
- Starbucks Viper Mk2

Overall a very Titanium-y day for me :)

Gotta say I'm a big fan of the CW fighters, the RotS fighter w/Hyperspace ring is superb (better detail on a smaller model plus overall very heavy), but the Neimodian Shuttle was disappointing what with the lack of folding landing gear.

JediTricks
04-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Good gets! Dang, that's quite a haul.

I feel similarly about the latter 2, but I haven't been converted on the CW JSFs.

Darth Duranium
04-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Nice one, DW!:thumbsup: Happy Titanium Day... glad they arrived! I posted JT's out today so you're even more right than you know. The first (and last) Annual Titanium Day. So very bittersweet...:):(

Holy overload! You'll have to towel off and tell us what you think of 'em. From your list, I'd say that I like the TF Lander, ETA w/HD, Twilight, and Virago most. But there are a lot of good ones in there....

I modded my Neim Shuttle's landing gear... did you see the pics?

Darth Windu
04-20-2009, 10:44 PM
No I didn't, must have missed it. I'd be very curious to see it though - kinda baffles me that Hasbro couldn't put folding gear like on the Ep1 Naboo Royal Cruiser on to it. Also a little odd that the CW Jedi Starfighter doesn't have any landing gear, but overall I'm okay with that.

As for the Titaniums I haven't had a really good look, mostly because I'm house-sitting for my sister at the moment so I really can't leave them laying around. Overall my first impressions of the Titaniums would be

Twilight: Nice, but could have been better if the top gun folded down. I'm going to disassemble it and take a look as to why it won't though.

RotS Anakin's Fighter: Best of the bunch. A very, very heavy Hyperspace ring and a fighter that is both smaller, but much better detailed, than it's larger version.

CW Fighters: A bit long at the back, making the fighter seem stretched, but overall a very nice piece. Kinda light but excellent detail.

Virago: in a word 'fragile'. It started falling apart when I took it out of the packaging. Definatelly a display piece and not a 'play with' piece. Not bad though.

Fighter Tank: Very nice, I'm happy with it. Could've used wheels to make it 'hover' but still nice.

V-19: Again it's nice, but would have been better if its wings had defined points at which they would stop rotating.

Nu Shuttle: Doesn't do a whole lot, but I like it. It does have the points that the V-19 lacks regarding wings positions, but it's not working 100% so I'll have to tighten it up a bit.

Neimodian Shuttle: Mediocre, would have been a lot better with folding landing gear.

Darth Duranium
04-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Not the best pics, DW but:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=669560&highlight=neimoidian+shuttle#post669560

I was well pleased that they did the Neim Shuttle... more so, once it was fixed. Mine flies formation (on the shelf) with an Aliens Dropship and a couple of Colonial Raptors.

Check out the V-19 stand, too. I stuck my Twilight on a tall stand, wing down, so the top gun being up makes sense. But I'm curious if it'll move too...

I drilled a hole in the TX Tank and put it on a stand... there was no detail on the bottom, anyway.

RJarvis
04-21-2009, 12:54 AM
I modded my Neim Shuttle's landing gear... did you see the pics?

DT - I caught the pics and they were most helpful...I did the same mod on mine and am much more satisfied with it now...thanks much for posting the pics!

Ross

Darth Duranium
04-21-2009, 02:06 AM
DT - I caught the pics and they were most helpful...I did the same mod on mine and am much more satisfied with it now...thanks much for posting the pics!

Ross

Wicked! Glad to help... that ship was screaming for that mod.

Darth Windu
04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Looks good DT! How did you do it? Does the gear fold or is it fixed?

Darth Duranium
04-21-2009, 02:37 AM
Just go a bit further in the thread for instructions, DW... the gear's fixed all right...

Darth Windu
04-21-2009, 03:36 AM
Ah my bad haha. I think I'll try something similar, but see if I can find hinges small enough to be inserted into the cut so that the gear can be retracted or down depending on how I want them.

Darth Windu
04-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Okay I've just come across the strangest Titanium problem I've ever found.

So I open up the package from DT and everything is there, very well packaged, everything is great (thanks again DT :)). So anyway I'm taking the items out of their packaging and notice something odd about Aayla Secura's Jedi Starfighter - it's missing its front two landing legs. The rear one is there, and the base is secured properly, but the front two are missing! They were floating in the packing or anything like that either.

Anyone else come across this before?

Darth Duranium
04-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Okay I've just come across the strangest Titanium problem I've ever found.

Anyone else come across this before?

Again, you're welcome, DW! Glad everything made it there intact... we probably broke the distance record for Titanium: China-Canada-Australia!

That is weird... no, the only issues I've had is with the paint on a SDCC Viper (missing stripe on 1 wing) and a few crappy pegholes. I checked my Aayla JSF but it's normal and has gear. I probably bought it from the same place as yours.:confused:

Well, that sucks but at least you can't notice it on the stand. Do you have any extra JSF's to cannabalise for gear? I'd swap mine for yours (I don't care about gear) if you didn't live so far away.

It's not an issue with the JSF but my A-Wings and Y-Wings have some issues with gear droopage. One day I'll glue them up.

cloneemperor
04-22-2009, 06:30 PM
My Aayla JSF didn't have that problem either. I remember a few years ago getting a blue A-Wing that didn't have a stand in the package, but that was easily remedied. I also have gear droopage problems on a couple A-Wings and JSF's as well (I should probably glue them up sometime too).

Darth Windu
04-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Nah I've never had this problem either, which is why I found it so bizarre - I mean there's been no problem with Anakins yellow JSF, Obi's red JSF, Anakin/Vaders green JSF, Obis blue JSF, Mace's JSF, or Vaders black JSF. This is the only one that has had this issue, none of my others have ever lacked landing gear either.

As for landing gear droopage I've found the best solution to to unscrew the base and remove it, then apply a small blog of blu-tac into the part of the well where the gear actually rotates. Then put the base back on and screw it up tightly. Haven't had any problems since :)

Darth Duranium
04-23-2009, 02:29 AM
Nice, I'll try the blu tac method... better than glue.

Darth Windu
04-23-2009, 04:46 AM
It has the advantage of being somewhat less permanent :D

I haven't had any sagging after using this method so it should work. Just a pity that they can't all have the correct stiffness to start off with.

JediTricks
04-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks to DT, I finally own the Trade Fed Landing Craft! Canadian packaging is very unique in my collection, so I'm glad to have it. The ship itself is heavy and well-detailed, nearly all metal, so obviously done by the Galoob team back in the day. The little opening bay is quite nifty too. I pulled on the MTT but it didn't come out. :p

Darth Duranium
04-29-2009, 03:25 AM
Nice one! Glad it made it...:D

RJarvis
05-23-2009, 04:42 PM
- Dan

I had a great package in the mail yesterday from cloneemperor - 2 P38's! Thanks so much for picking these up...greatly appreciated!

As for the P38's, they're pretty cool...they have a very clean look to them...great transfer from the cartoon to toy form...only one feature, as others have noted: the opening cockpit, but at least there is some nice detailing in the cockpit itself...for any of you who were Babylon 5 fans, the P38 almost has a Minbari feel to it

On top of that, b/c these came from Canada, there was a really nice mini specs sheet in the package itself...i'll try to get a scan of it to post if you guys are interested...

Anyway, huge thanks to cloneemperor for this snag/trade...nowhere else do we have such a great group of collectors who actually help each other out like this...

Ross

Darth Duranium
05-24-2009, 07:16 AM
On top of that, b/c these came from Canada, there was a really nice mini specs sheet in the package itself...i'll try to get a scan of it to post if you guys are interested...

JT told me he'd never seen the sheets before I sent him his ship, and I was surprised... I didn't notice that the US versions never had them. Those sheets are packed with the Canadian ships quite often.

I've noticed that we sometimes get a generic "riveted metal" bubble insert in the package in Canada, rather than the more colourful US insert. The C-9979 package is a good example of this.

Darth Windu
05-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Yeah I'd never seen the insert either, they've never appeared in Australian releases.

cloneemperor
05-25-2009, 03:11 AM
You're very welcome Ross! I feel it only fair to thank you publicly as well for my new Virago and IG-2000. Thanks a bunch!

Regarding the "spec" sheet, it includes all the information that is on the back of the US package, usually for a wave of vehicles at a time. So six vehicles will have the same sheet because they are all in the same wave.

Darth Duranium
07-01-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm not having any luck finding the Xanadu Blood or Hyena Bomber from the newest wave... just HK cast-offs and $20/each rip-offs on eBay so far. The online retailers that I use have sold out fast...:upset:

Can anybody help me out? Please let me know! :D

Blue2th
07-01-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm having problems finding them myself, but if I do see more than one each, I'll snag them for ya DT.

Some stores don't even have racks for the Titaniums anymore. I always hate trying to round up the last HTF's in the line.

Darth Metalmute
07-01-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm not having any luck finding the Xanadu Blood or Hyena Bomber from the newest wave... just HK cast-offs and $20/each rip-offs on eBay so far. The online retailers that I use have sold out fast...:upset:

I haven't seen either of those in the stores yet. But there is a guy on ebay selling loose Hyena Bombers for 4 dollars with 5 dollars shipping.

Darth Windu
07-02-2009, 12:53 AM
I should be able to get access to them, but not for a while - we in Australia now receive no Titaniums at stores, and our online stores haven't received the CW Y-wing wave yet.

JediTricks
07-02-2009, 04:18 AM
I still haven't found the Clone Wars Y-wing. Stupid case sucks, now I'm finding a million flying sandcrawlers and previous waves' repaints, but no Y-wing.

Darth Duranium
07-02-2009, 02:22 PM
DM, that's the HK factory reject guy I mentioned... I'll pass but thanks.

Thanks Blue and DW... please gimme a shout if you come across any. I will do the same... there's a shop downtown (Silver Snail) that imports the U.S. waves so there's still a chance I'll find 'em at retail... but they go fast (and expensively).

JT, the same place had U.S. CW Y-Wings a few weeks back but I'll look again, if you want. They wanted $10.99 CAD ($10 US) for them (a $3 increase), so it's fugly compared to US WM prices. Probably cheaper on eBay... that's where I got mine. Anyhoo, let me know if you're interested...

BTW, that Davish Krail Y-Wing may be Hasbro's lamest repaint ever.:D

Darth Metalmute
07-02-2009, 03:06 PM
DM, that's the HK factory reject guy I mentioned... I'll pass but thanks.

I was going to add, "it's from Hong Kong so it's probably junk", but didn't want to offend decent sellers from that region. Looks like you've already had that type of dealings.:sad:

Darth Duranium
07-02-2009, 03:30 PM
There's just no way to know what you're getting from the HK reject guys. I've never ordered anything from them, but I've read plenty of posts about ships that never arrived from vanishing HK reject sellers.

If they were MOMC I'd go for it... everything I've ordered from other HK retailers has gotten here very fast.

Darth Metalmute
07-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I have bought items fro HK before without a problem until earlier this year.
I bought a GBA game from HK, not doing reserch ahead of time. Although it was cheep and delivered fast, it turned out to be a bootleg. After research a little, too little too late, I found out that it's very common to get bootlegs from there. Since then, I've noticed that alot of items that appear too good to be true typically come from HK.

JediTricks
07-03-2009, 02:28 AM
JT, the same place had U.S. CW Y-Wings a few weeks back but I'll look again, if you want. They wanted $10.99 CAD ($10 US) for them (a $3 increase), so it's fugly compared to US WM prices. Probably cheaper on eBay... that's where I got mine. Anyhoo, let me know if you're interested...I appreciate the offer, but dang, too much for my wallet with shipping added on.

Darth Duranium
07-04-2009, 04:07 PM
No worries... and stop calling me dang :D

Keep gettin' flashbacks of 'Nam :ninja:

Darth Duranium
07-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks again to Blue and DW but I was finally able to find the Xanadu Blood and Hyena Bomber MOMC cheaply on eBay today. Woo hoo!:thumbsup:

Should be here next week...

Canadian distribution is almost non-existent these days... there's only one place left in town and they're expensive when they get 'em in. Another problem is that they sell out within a day or two. Sigh.

Damn, I hate waiting for parcels to arrive...:cry: but there's no other option, really. It's almost a relief that the line's ending cuz it's much more expensive this way... I'd rather just head out to Wallies.

Blue2th
07-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Glad you found them. I found them as well today at Target. I actually went in there to buy the clearanced 1:18 Bravo Team A1 Abrams tank at $20. They were clearing out the realistic military vehicles to make room for the kiddie GI Joe vehicles.
Hasbro and Target don't want competition from a tank thats 5 times the size of the little armadillo for nearly the same price is my guess. :rolleyes:

Low and behold...on the pegs the Titanium Hyena and Xanadu Blood eeha! :thumbsup:

Darth Duranium
07-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Glad you found them. I found them as well today at Target. I actually went in there to buy the clearanced 1:18 Bravo Team A1 Abrams tank at $20. They were clearing out the realistic military vehicles to make room for the kiddie GI Joe vehicles.
Hasbro and Target don't want competition from a tank thats 5 times the size of the little armadillo for nearly the same price is my guess. :rolleyes:

Low and behold...on the pegs the Titanium Hyena and Xanadu Blood eeha! :thumbsup:

Gonna have to post a pic of your military stuff someday, Blue. Is there an area (i.e. WWII, warplanes, Civil War, 'Nam, tanks) that you collect in particular?

Nice get on the Titaniums... and no waiting for parcels! :upset:
Y'know, I could drive to Buffalo N.Y. but I never do.

Blue2th
07-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Gonna have to post a pic of your military stuff someday, Blue. Is there an area (i.e. WWII, warplanes, Civil War, 'Nam, tanks) that you collect in particular?

Mostly WWII, and mostly airplanes, but I have strayed into the armor. I get the machinery from all the 20th Century Wars though not as much as WWII. The 1:18 scale is getting a little hard to store or display. But I've been hanging on to it or buying new pieces as they get discontinued. The production costs and tooling is getting so expensive for these, so there might not be much of it in the future. It was easy to start buying these because they are the same scale as the GI Joe and Star Wars stuff, which I bought tons of already first, but accurate to scale (HUGE)
I didn't buy them as an investment because I love them, but it sure is turning out that way...silver lining to my obsession. :rolleyes:

I was looking at the F-Toys (by accident looking for Star Trek, Star Wars) group of 1/144 scale 4 engine WWII bombers which you think would be tiny, but next to the typical ebay photos with a penny for size reference, they are quite large. I may go that route in the end, cause I just can't enjoy my toys if I can't play with them or display them. :ermm:

Darth Duranium
07-10-2009, 12:21 AM
I love that stuff... always drooling at the hobby shops... especially diecast WWII planes ( so many I love... Spitfire, Corsair, B-29). I'm too afraid to buy even 1... I'd end up with squadrons of fighters and bombers... and eventual bankrupcy.

There are some amazing candy toys from JP... I was checking out the carriers and battleships the other day. I've seen some cool gashapon NASA and jet fighters too. Dangerous.

So far I've resisted the Thunderbirds-related stuff (except Konami's Space 1999 ships) but they look awesome.

Blue2th
07-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Yes, once you start down that path...forever...will...it...dominate...your...des tiny.

It cost money to downsize. :cross-eye

Darth Duranium
07-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Do not underestimate the powers of the Diecast or suffer Blue's fate you will... :D

Yeah, if you have limited space, it seems to make sense to collect small stuff... lots of displayable variety that way. Hey, have you guys seen Walter Koenig's Trek collection... pretty impressive.

I hope that you get a good price for the war stuff you're unloading... what's that market like? It's gotta be a bit less overpriced than the Trek market right now...

Do you set up diaramas or display them together... or are they relegated to boxes (like most of my AF-sized stuff)?

Jeez... I really should sell some stuff... problem is, there's nothing much to buy. Where's the fun in that? :frus:

Blue2th
07-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Do not underestimate the powers of the Diecast or suffer Blue's fate you will... :D

Yeah, if you have limited space, it seems to make sense to collect small stuff... lots of displayable variety that way. Hey, have you guys seen Walter Koenig's Trek collection... pretty impressive.

I hope that you get a good price for the war stuff you're unloading... what's that market like? It's gotta be a bit less overpriced than the Trek market right now...

Do you set up diaramas or display them together... or are they relegated to boxes (like most of my AF-sized stuff)?

Jeez... I really should sell some stuff... problem is, there's nothing much to buy. Where's the fun in that? :frus:

Actually most of it's plastic, but yeah suffer the fate have I.
You don't see much diecast till you get in the smaller scales. Most of it is bigger than anything 3.75 Star Wars till you get to the AT-TE and Big MF Falcon. Look at an X-Wing, bigger than that.

I had a lot of it displayed. Still have one of the large planes hanging up. A Flying Tiger in the kitchen is still there for Chinese New Year, but for the most part I put every thing away including my massive 3.75 Star Wars collection cause my relatives moved in.
The Manclave closed. :cry:

The only thing that reemerged was the Titaniums, Star Trek ships and a few odds and ends. So you can imagine I'm having withdrawls from all my eye candy. Small scale is the logical choice and enjoyable.

The military toy market is THE hottest, because 21st Century Toys went belly up after Walmart dumped them (yes that is the very quoted reason) and the economy took a tank, so other companies scaled back production on an uncertain market, now everyone wants what they failed to get during the time of plenty and are paying for it now (didn't that happen in the time of Pharohs? lol) Same old story you know how it goes with anything rare now from Titaniums to JL Star Trek to whatever.

I can't part with my stuff just yet though as I will never find it again.

I saw Chekov's collection when he was doing an interview once on TV, in the background looked like a glass cabinet full of Playmates figures. I didn't see any wessels though.

RJarvis
07-12-2009, 01:26 AM

I was able to pick up a second Xanadu Blood and it's yours if you're still looking...

Ross

Darth Metalmute
07-13-2009, 09:10 AM
I still haven't found the Clone Wars Y-wing. Stupid case sucks, now I'm finding a million flying sandcrawlers and previous waves' repaints, but no Y-wing.

JT,
If you hurry, Hasbrotoyshop.com has this item available for 6.99 plus shipping.

Darth Duranium
07-13-2009, 05:12 PM
I was able to pick up a second Xanadu Blood and it's yours if you're still looking...

Ross

Thanks Ross... I guess you missed it earlier... I found them both on eBay so I'm good.

Thanks, all the same. I really do appreciate the offer.

BTW, Sci-fi Genre has most 2009 Titaniums on for $5-6 right now if anybody's missing anything... cheap international shipping for those of us outside the US. They have the newest wave, too.

RJarvis
07-14-2009, 02:42 AM
Thanks Ross... I guess you missed it earlier... I found them both on eBay so I'm good.

Thanks, all the same. I really do appreciate the offer.

sorry...that's what i get for not reading carefully enough :cross-eye

so that opens the offer to anyone else who's in need...i've got an extra Xanadu Blood if anyone needs it...if not, it goes back to TRU

Ross

TooWanBee
07-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Has anyone else noticed there are variants on the Davish Krail Y-Wing? Or am I confusing myself here?

Darth Duranium
07-15-2009, 02:16 AM
Has anyone else noticed there are variants on the Davish Krail Y-Wing? Or am I confusing myself here?

Yep... you're confusing yourself, TooWan :)... the one with the blue stripe is the "Gold Leader" version.

I hope someone grabs that Xanadu Blood from you, Ross... again, cheers for thinking of me. I'm glad it's returnable... hope it's not a major hassle.

Actually most of it's plastic, but yeah suffer the fate have I.
You don't see much diecast till you get in the smaller scales. Most of it is bigger than anything 3.75 Star Wars till you get to the AT-TE and Big MF Falcon. Look at an X-Wing, bigger than that.

I had a lot of it displayed. Still have one of the large planes hanging up. A Flying Tiger in the kitchen is still there for Chinese New Year, but for the most part I put every thing away including my massive 3.75 Star Wars collection cause my relatives moved in.
The Manclave closed. :cry:

The only thing that reemerged was the Titaniums, Star Trek ships and a few odds and ends. So you can imagine I'm having withdrawls from all my eye candy. Small scale is the logical choice and enjoyable.

The military toy market is THE hottest, because 21st Century Toys went belly up after Walmart dumped them (yes that is the very quoted reason) and the economy took a tank, so other companies scaled back production on an uncertain market, now everyone wants what they failed to get during the time of plenty and are paying for it now (didn't that happen in the time of Pharohs? lol) Same old story you know how it goes with anything rare now from Titaniums to JL Star Trek to whatever.

I can't part with my stuff just yet though as I will never find it again.

I saw Chekov's collection when he was doing an interview once on TV, in the background looked like a glass cabinet full of Playmates figures. I didn't see any wessels though.

Very sorry to hear about the Mahn-clave... one day it will rise again after the rellies are vanquished! Your collection sounds amazing... the Manclave must have been a cool (and sizable!) space.

After our move, I just haven't bothered to unpack anything except the little ships myself... it's kinda scary: small scale works hideously well on its own. The boxed stuff just makes me feel a bit guilty for having it at all... well, at least it's not a lot of boxes... most of my stuff is small.

The Flying Tiger's an awesome plane... I remember building a model of the FT when I was a kid. I like that the CW Republic Gunship and ARC-170 got very similar toothy snouts.

I think I saw a few wessel's at Chekov's place but you're right, he's into figs and props in a big way. Any other major Trek actors have a massive collection like his?

RJarvis
07-16-2009, 12:39 AM
I hope someone grabs that Xanadu Blood from you, Ross... again, cheers for thinking of me. I'm glad it's returnable... hope it's not a major hassle.

no sweat and no hassle at all...i'm just glad you were able to find one...hope you didn't take too big a hit on it...

Ross

Blue2th
07-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Very sorry to hear about the Mahn-clave... one day it will rise again after the rellies are vanquished! Your collection sounds amazing... the Manclave must have been a cool (and sizable!) space.

After our move, I just haven't bothered to unpack anything except the little ships myself... it's kinda scary: small scale works hideously well on its own. The boxed stuff just makes me feel a bit guilty for having it at all... well, at least it's not a lot of boxes... most of my stuff is small.

The Flying Tiger's an awesome plane... I remember building a model of the FT when I was a kid. I like that the CW Republic Gunship and ARC-170 got very similar toothy snouts.

I think I saw a few wessel's at Chekov's place but you're right, he's into figs and props in a big way. Any other major Trek actors have a massive collection like his?
Yeah the manclave was the biggest room in the house, but when you're a batchelor, the whole house is a manclave. I had 4 of the huge 1:18 planes up in different rooms.
But now the one room left is also my bedroom and office so there's not mushroom.

I scaled down, and now just four smaller 1:32 planes are up and hanging out of the way and some diecast on the shelves, some cars in a cabinet, but most of it has been put away. I'll pull a few more smaller planes out and hang them, but for the most part I'm sticking with the small scale stuff like Titanium's, Furuta's, Konami's and such. They pretty much take up what little space I have, but they're small so you can get all the Star Trek ships up there at least (the most important to me)

I can't get every Titanium I have up just yet, but just the best ones and of course Battlestar Galactica.

I did open up an Action Fleet AT-TE the other day and it's an awesome looking little model, so I might get some of that AF up if I get some more shelves, but not much bigger than that for now.

I'l take some pics when the work in progress is a little more organized.

Darth Duranium
07-16-2009, 05:25 AM
I'l take some pics when the work in progress is a little more organized.

Sounds good! :thumbsup: