PDA

View Full Version : JediTricks's Zutton Color Variation - Comparison Pictures

Lord Malakite
02-22-2002, 03:34 AM
As you know, earlier yesterday JediTricks mentioned a color variation that he found with Zutton, but was unable to buy both for picture comparisons. So here are some pictures that I found at yakface's site comparing the two figures.

AmanaMatt
02-22-2002, 01:48 PM
the differences are more noticable in person as well; the first has a peach no highlight look, the 2nd has a darker yellow tone with brown highlights

JEDIpartner
02-22-2002, 01:53 PM
...but he still looks like Stanley Roper.

LTBasker
02-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
...but he still looks like Stanley Roper.

So would that make Eeth, Mrs. Roper? The figure is always ready for action. :p

Amanamike
02-23-2002, 12:55 AM
GOOD ONE!!!!!:D So where can you buy the new variant?? And how would you knwo what to ask for??? The newer one looks not so faded Id rather have this one

JediTricks
02-23-2002, 03:04 AM
Nice pic Malakite, though why is most of that image blank white?

Matt is right, it was WAY obvious even from 10 feet away that they were different.

Mike, I found 2 of the new variation at Wal-Mart in Azusa, CA.

Lord Malakite
02-23-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Nice pic Malakite, though why is most of that image blank white?

Those were the size of the pics when I found them. I didn't want to distort them beyond recognition while enlarging, so I just left them the same size.

Turbowars
02-23-2002, 11:16 AM
Both of these variations are up on ebay cheak it out

JediTricks
02-24-2002, 11:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear there are already folks trying to take advantage of Variation collectors, it was never my intention to fuel the aftermarket.

Lord Tenebrous
02-24-2002, 12:33 PM
I dunno, I'm not too fond of either paint scheme. Zutton doesn't have a single-color face, there are pinks and browns. The second version is better, but then you can't help but notice that the face is reversed between the card picture and the figure.

I'd imagine that some guy is going to try to make this into the second "red/blue snaggletooth"-esque fiasco. To which I hope enough have the sense to walk away. I wouldn't bother with both unless you want an extra to use in a cantina.

JediTricks
02-24-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
I dunno, I'm not too fond of either paint scheme. Zutton doesn't have a single-color face, there are pinks and browns. The second version is better, but then you can't help but notice that the face is reversed between the card picture and the figure.The pic on the card front appears to be a reverse, the pic on the card back and the figure itself both have the big snag tooth on the other side of the figure's face.