PDA

View Full Version : Overloaded Pegs?

DarthQuack
04-07-2009, 06:25 PM
I was in Wally World the other day....and couldn't believe all the pegs FULL of figures....thoughts on this at all? The economy? The fact that it's almost $8 for a figure these days and not 4.99 like it was 10 years ago? :upset:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I was in Wally World the other day....and couldn't believe all the pegs FULL of figures....thoughts on this at all? The economy? The fact that it's almost $8 for a figure these days and not 4.99 like it was 10 years ago? :upset:

Well then, I'll assume you found Needa, Leia, and Luke and bought an extra of each fig for me then, eh? :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
04-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Sadly I haven't collected in a year or so now....so no :(

It sucks too, because I loved collecting, especially with a lot of new sculpts and just NEW characters would make it great if it wasn't for the high prices!

mtriv73
04-07-2009, 07:19 PM
The Wally's near me are full of the 2 Cantina figures, Leia's mom and all the clone Wars figures that have been shipping seemingly forever. Toys R us has enough Yarna's to man (woman?) an AT-TE. $8 has definitely cut down on my buying doubles and army building. It's hard to believe it, but a price hike has actually saved me money.

Ji'dai
04-07-2009, 07:33 PM
The line is still selling well here. I made the rounds Monday and the pegs at WM and KM are picked clean except for a few pegwarmers (Cantina guys, Mrs. Organa, and some Legends).

KM does have SW figures on sale this week for $4.99 so I'm sure many people are taking the ad to WM for a price match.

TRU also has SW figs on sale this week (2 for $11 or something like that), but I actually forgot to look through them. I really meant to but I got sidetracked by an employee who was helping me look for the 50th Anniv. Barbie that was in their ad.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-07-2009, 09:13 PM
I forgot about the Walmart pricematch when I went looking for figures last weekend, since Kmart didn't have anything too good. If TRU doesn't have anything then I'll get my second space trooper at a Walmart.

The pegs here are no more crowded than they've ever been. Stass Allie, Breha Organa, Trinto Duaba, and Pons Limbic are all overstaying their welcome at different stores in different amounts, though. I don't army build the Clone Wars line outside of battle packs or whatever but I haven't noticed those staying around too much.

TheDarthVader
04-07-2009, 09:57 PM
I purchased a CW dooku at KM for $4.99. I still have not found one legends snowtrooper.

El Chuxter
04-08-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm seeing overloaded pegs, but no Saga figures, just Clone Wars.

Dark Marble
04-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Not really seeing overloaded pegs around these parts. The Boulder store always seems to keep everything stocked, but the surrounding areas always seem to be kind of scarce. It is also a good mix. Some stores have legends and not much else, some have a glut of clone wars, and some have legacy. But no one store around me is sporting dripping pegs of anything.

DarkJedi5
04-08-2009, 01:46 PM
In areas like mine it's feast or famine (right now mostly famine) but the problem is when the pegs are full they're always just one assortment. I wonder if the new color coded card backs coming soon will fix this problem? Assuming shelf stockers aren't color blind this new system should work, right?

Old Fossil
04-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Clone Wars and Legacy figures are filling the pegs pretty well here. Saga Legends figures, though, are selling well, especially the troopers.

I'd buy more than the 1 Spacetrooper I have, but the price is holding me back. I'd like about 5 or 6, total.

jamesbondo07
04-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Pegs are full in my area. However my Wal-Mart put the big tags on the front of the pegs saying 4.99 so I decided to buy a few extras but when I got to the register they would only let me have certain ones for 4.99. I told them the pegs had the tags on all the pegs but they responded with well if you read each individual tag you can see which figure is on sale. I think that is crap. :upset:

DarkJedi5
04-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Pegs are full in my area. However my Wal-Mart put the big tags on the front of the pegs saying 4.99 so I decided to buy a few extras but when I got to the register they would only let me have certain ones for 4.99. I told them the pegs had the tags on all the pegs but they responded with well if you read each individual tag you can see which figure is on sale. I think that is crap. :upset:

That's absolute crap! If they're too lazy to put the figures on the right pegs and let TLC, CW and Saga figures all intermingle the least they can do is expect us to pay the same for all of them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2009, 05:06 PM
In areas like mine it's feast or famine (right now mostly famine) but the problem is when the pegs are full they're always just one assortment. I wonder if the new color coded card backs coming soon will fix this problem? Assuming shelf stockers aren't color blind this new system should work, right?
It hasn't worked since they started differentiating the lines in 2006, and it's not going to work now. I don't think I've ever had a real problem with one line dominating over the other, though.

DarkJedi5
04-08-2009, 05:11 PM
It hasn't worked since they started differentiating the lines in 2006, and it's not going to work now. I don't think I've ever had a real problem with one line dominating over the other, though.

I've never actually been able to figure out how the problem arises. I imagine that there are say nine cases of figures in the back and they just grab the first three and you get about two CW and one Saga. Because of the lack of variety those figures move slowly but eventually enough space opens for another case or two. If they grab the remaining CW or Saga stuff then you might not see any of the TLC figures for weeks. God help you if you ask if they've got anything else in the back because no matter what "Everything we have is out right now."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I've never actually been able to figure out how the problem arises. I imagine that there are say nine cases of figures in the back and they just grab the first three and you get about two CW and one Saga. Because of the lack of variety those figures move slowly but eventually enough space opens for another case or two. If they grab the remaining CW or Saga stuff then you might not see any of the TLC figures for weeks. God help you if you ask if they've got anything else in the back because no matter what "Everything we have is out right now."
I really don't think that's how it works, but I'm not sure. Stores tend to put out their stuff shortly after they get it and don't really sit on product for too long, at least in my experiences. If you're thinking that the stores are just sitting on amazing new products but refusing to put them out until the old ones sell through, that's not really true; they don't get new stuff in - even into the back - until the stuff out there sells through. Since there are two or three different SKUs, it shouldn't be a problem; I really don't know what you guys are seeing when you say that you're only seeing Legends or only seeing Clone Wars figures. Maybe I'm completely off base here, but who knows.

DarkJedi5
04-08-2009, 06:46 PM
What I have been seeing (and I speak only for myself so I could be a rare instance) is weeks on end where all you see is the one line on the pegs. This has happened at various times since the concurrent lines began running (either Legends or Greatest Hits or whatever along with the main line and now with the CW line too).

I know how the system is *suposed* to work but I don't know how else to explain the extended stretches with only some lines on the pegs. If they were restocking correctly, as soon as one line gets low it would automatically reorder and then get onto the shelves when it gets to the store. So how can they only have CW and Saga figures and no TLC? My above post was the only way I could think to explain this.

Kidhuman
04-08-2009, 09:16 PM
I am seeing alot of Yarna's and Brea's

JetsAndHeels
04-08-2009, 10:28 PM
I am seeing alot of Yarna's and Brea's

Both my local WM and Target still have a Yarna with the
1st day sticker on it.

What I am seeing most is the CW 3po and Wioslea seems to be hanging around alot. I think the Ben Kenobi from TLC wave 5 is probably the one that I've seen the least.

The pegs at the WM down the road in the next town over are pretty full, but its a mixture of Saga legends and CW, which I have no need for.