PDA

View Full Version : Yarna...the final say.

Dark Marble
04-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I have been reading a lot of posts lately about Yarna figures haning on the pegs taking up valuable space. Some of these posts are matter of fact, while others are dripping in contempt that this figure was ever made.

So, my question to you all is, do you think finally having this figure in plastic form was worth it?

My own opinion is that I really like this figure. Getting the chracters from Jabba's palace was something that brought me into collecting Star Wars in a big way, so I am gald to finally have this figure to add to the display. But, a year later looking at the pegs what do you all think???

pbarnard
04-09-2009, 10:38 AM
It's an example of be careful what you wish for because you may get it. this is one time you can blame Hasbro (or us for pushing Hasbro for it) because they had to put it in so many case assortments to make it fit their business model. Sadly, no one probably bought more than 1 or 2 of these depending on Jabba's Palace, Sail Barge or kept open (alright 3 MAX).

Kidhuman
04-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Yes worth it. Only about 7 hanging here, so not too bad. Some places probably have dozens

DarthQuack
04-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I haven't picked it up yet, but I should while it's still on the peg. I too have always wanted to see this figure and just because I'm not currently collecting at the moment doesn't mean I shouldn't pick it up!

Ando
04-09-2009, 10:45 AM
No feelings on it either way. Never wanted it (or for that matter never NOT wanted it...), never knew it was a "thing" to want it, but I bought one as a joke and hid it in my wife's suitcase before she went out of town (she thinks it's one of the grossest things ever).

When she came back, we hid it in one of our good friend's purses. She took pictures with it and posted them on Facebook.

I really like the OT (and the PT), but I've never been a collector of Cantina or Jabba's Palace creatures/characters.

bigbarada
04-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Yarna's aren't really that common around here. They were for a while, but seem to have sold through for the most part.

I think it's good that she was made, but if Hasbro is going to start using her as an example of how the obscure characters don't sell well, then maybe it would have been better if she had never been made at all.

JON9000
04-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I never see Yarna anymore. In fact, the pegs are pretty empty. It doesn't make any sense to whine about it. They made Chief Chirpa and he sat. They made an ewok with a baby and good luck finding it.

It seems pretty unpredictable. I love the figure.

Droid
04-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Thrilled to have the figure. I bought 3 on principle.

If she is the last true risky peg warmer, I am glad it was her. I still think she'll do better than Hood.

I will never understand why they didn't put her in a battle pack, short pack her, or make her a convention or online exclusive.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm definitely glad to have her, but I think they should have dialed back the production run by a fair amount. She's not as bad as some of the previous pegwarmers have been - Chancellor Palpatine in 2002, Neimoidian Warrior in 2005, and Lushros Dofine and the Notorious Moff Jerjerrod in 2006 - so I can deal with seeing a few of her a little over eight months later.

Since we shop at most of the same stores, Dark Marble, do you think it's too bad around here? It's bad but could have been worse, IMO.

Ando
04-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm definitely glad to have her, but I think they should have dialed back the production run by a fair amount. She's not as bad as some of the previous pegwarmers have been - Chancellor Palpatine in 2002, Neimoidian Warrior in 2005, and Lushros Dofine and the Notorious Moff Jerjerrod in 2006...

I STILL see Moff Jerjerrod here in Portland. And at our TRUs, I see Juno Eclipse gunning for his "Last figure standing" position.

mtriv73
04-09-2009, 02:52 PM
It wasn't warming the pegs around here until after Christmas. As a background character, she just shipped too long. She shouldn't have been any more than one revision wave. If Hasbro was putting out new stuff on a regular basis this problem wouldn't have happened.

Dark Marble
04-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Since we shop at most of the same stores, Dark Marble, do you think it's too bad around here? It's bad but could have been worse, IMO.

You know, we have about 8 or 9 of her at the Superior Super Target and I don't think one has sold in a long time. But, I agree, it could have been a lot worse!

Darth Metalmute
04-09-2009, 04:09 PM
I STILL see Moff Jerjerrod here in Portland. And at our TRUs, I see Juno Eclipse gunning for his "Last figure standing" position.

Juno Eclipse are everywhere. At my Toys R Us, She has her own section.
It's like Galactic Heroes, Titanium, Clone Wars, Juno's.....
It's not just TRU either, Target, Meijer, Walmart, etc.....

Maybe if they waited to see what the final, in-game production would have been........

I've almost feel guilted into buying one just to get it off the shelf.

Ando
04-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Juno Eclipse are everywhere. At my Toys R Us, She has her own section.
It's like Galactic Heroes, Titanium, Clone Wars, Juno's.....
It's not just TRU either, Target, Meijer, Walmart, etc.....

Maybe if they waited to see what the final, in-game production would have been........

I've almost feel guilted into buying one just to get it off the shelf.

I had the same thought for a split second and then remembered that I'm not a charity for big retailers that don't know when to do a stock rotation or just throw it in the trash.

Snowtrooper
04-09-2009, 05:11 PM
I wasn't dying for Yarna to be made, but I'm glad they did. Cantina aliens or Jabba's henchmen are always welcome. It never really pegwarmed around here. I could go to the store and probably find one, but there isn't dozens clogging up the pegs. That was left to the Organas and FX6.

mtriv73
04-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I wasn't dying for Yarna to be made, but I'm glad they did. Cantina aliens or Jabba's henchmen are always welcome. It never really pegwarmed around here. I could go to the store and probably find one, but there isn't dozens clogging up the pegs. That was left to the Organas and FX6.

FX-6 was hard to find around here. The Organas are all over the place though.

TheDarthVader
04-09-2009, 09:30 PM
I was one who scratched and clawed for a Yarna figure. I love her. I bought two Yarna figures...one carded, one loose. I am so happy that hasbro made this figure and have no regrets about buying two of them. Any figure from Jabba's palace is worth buying in my opinion.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-09-2009, 10:09 PM
BEL-CAM'S WORST ALL-TIME SW PEGWARMERS:
10. Moff Jerjerrod
9. Prince Xizor
8. Yarna G'oogleY'ahoo
7. Neimoidian Warrior
6. Juno Eclipse
5. Orn Free Ta
4. Jar Jar Binks
3. Chancellor Valorum
2. Lushros Dofine
1. Malakili [Rancor Keeper]

Devo
04-09-2009, 10:55 PM
I think it's good that she was made, but if Hasbro is going to start using her as an example of how the obscure characters don't sell well, then maybe it would have been better if she had never been made at all.

This. Really glad to have her but I worry about what Hasbro said in the last Q&A - their findings have obviously been that she is a non-seller and they felt the need to ''warn'' us to reduce our expectations of what they should make in terms of background characters.

Mvader91
04-09-2009, 11:05 PM
This. Really glad to have her but I worry about what Hasbro said in the last Q&A - their findings have obviously been that she is a non-seller and they felt the need to ''warn'' us to reduce our expectations of what they should make in terms of background characters.
I really think most people would have survived had they not made her.:cry:

AmanaMatt
04-10-2009, 12:00 AM
I am glad they made her.....bought two - both 1st day releases.....for a background character, she seemed to sell well in Texas.

I rather have her than the 50th version of luke....

Mvader91
04-10-2009, 01:32 AM
I am glad they made her.....bought two - both 1st day releases.....for a background character, she seemed to sell well in Texas.

I rather have her than the 50th version of luke....
I mean I know what you are sayin, I guess to me she really isn't that great of a figure. There are tons of them here. I bought 1st day from Walmart for a buck? :)

Mad Slanted Powers
04-10-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm glad they made her. I agree with others that the problem was continuing to release her. After wave 1's first appearance, Ak-Rev was the figure that was warming the pegs. It wasn't until later that tons of Yarna's started hanging around.

JetsAndHeels
04-10-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm glad Hasbro released her figure....I bought 2 (one to open and the other to keep carded). Lately though I have noticed she is warming the pegs here, and several of them are ones with 1st day stickers on them.

mtriv73
04-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I actually bought a second one yesterday. The WM nearest me has figs for $4.99 so I got another one.

Old Fossil
04-10-2009, 10:57 AM
I was glad they made her, though I'm not as big a Jabba's Palace fan as some around here. 1 loose is enough for me, though. I hate the current cardbacks. So much waste...:(

Sinscia Fat'o
04-10-2009, 03:41 PM
yarna was one of those figures i just didn't understand the desire behind, but yes i bought her, and actually i bought two, but that was because she was a greatly done figure, actually one of the better ones from the BAD lineup so far.

As for the hasbro comments. . . I knew this would happen if they made her, and the Organa peg warming doesn't help the back ground character thing. . . we may be looking at the end of back ground characters being made, at least in the way we are all used to seeing them. Sad really. . . And no i'm not going to say i told anyone so. . .(As i was against this figure being made because i knew she would affect nother back ground characters from getting made.)

DarkJedi5
04-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I agree with the first half of Sinscia's post, didn't want Yarna all that much but i bought her because she is a great looking figure (not the character). But if this little fiasco does mark the end of background characters them I'm pretty much done. There are so few versions of them main crew that I need and I don't buy Clone Wars crap so if the background characters disappear, that's it for me.

mtriv73
04-13-2009, 04:14 PM
So does this mean no Ice Cream Maker guy?

bigbarada
04-13-2009, 04:25 PM
So does this mean no Ice Cream Maker guy?

Unfortunately, ICMG is still in the works. :(

Rocketboy
04-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Hasbro will blame the collectors for so many pegwarming because so many whined about wanting one for years, but it is Hasbro's own fault for making and shipping so damn many.

I never cared if they made the figure and the end result looked horrible, IMO.

Phantom-like Menace
04-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Meh, I still think she should have been a Build-a-figure. Eleven figures would have been needed to complete her: head/torso, left arm, right arm, left leg, right leg, and each of the six boobies.

bigbarada
04-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Meh, I still think she should have been a Build-a-figure. Eleven figures would have been needed to complete her: head/torso, left arm, right arm, left leg, right leg, and each of the six boobies.

Lucasfilm said that they didn't want to have detached body parts coming with the figures, so building droids was the only option.

Sure, Hasbro did it with the Marvel Legends line, but they don't have to answer to Lucasfilm for those figures.

DarkArtist
04-22-2009, 11:32 AM
here's pic taken today of the pegs at my local Walmart. as you can see she is not a big hit.

this is not a knock on the figure but a fear that if hasbro sees this they might not give us some of the figures that we want as they tend to peg warm. I mean 07's Galactic Marine was a large peg warmer, Yarna is is the '08 peg warmer and I fear that ICMG might be '09's.

all in all there were 15 Yarna's and 1 Brea Organa on the pegs for the past month.

this is why i really think Hasbro needs a collector's club so that they can leave this most wanted figures for the collectors to buy and they don't clog the pegs at retail. perhaps something along the lines of Mattycollector.com.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-22-2009, 06:23 PM
The Galactic Marine was an army builder that was in a lot of cases, at least in the ones that Entertainment Earth sold. That is how I got as many as I did without purchasing them individually.

Blue2th
04-22-2009, 08:11 PM
here's pic taken today of the pegs at my local Walmart. as you can see she is not a big hit.

this is not a knock on the figure but a fear that if hasbro sees this they might not give us some of the figures that we want as they tend to peg warm. I mean 07's Galactic Marine was a large peg warmer, Yarna is is the '08 peg warmer and I fear that ICMG might be '09's.

all in all there were 15 Yarna's and 1 Brea Organa on the pegs for the past month.

this is why i really think Hasbro needs a collector's club so that they can leave this most wanted figures for the collectors to buy and they don't clog the pegs at retail. perhaps something along the lines of Mattycollector.com.
This looks like most of the pegs around here :o.

It's not over till the fat lady sings. Is she singing?

Ya know, I don't understand why Hasbro doesn't release some more of the Legacy style Clone Wars 1 figures like they did earlier. I know they said they wouldn't in the Q&A, but if they are looking for more figures to do there's still plenty without compromising the CGI series. Just sayin' (over and over again :rolleyes:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-22-2009, 08:29 PM
This looks like most of the pegs around here :o.

It's not over till the fat lady sings. Is she singing?

Ya know, I don't understand why Hasbro doesn't release some more of the Legacy style Clone Wars 1 figures like they did earlier. I know they said they wouldn't in the Q&A, but if they are looking for more figures to do there's still plenty without compromising the CGI series. Just sayin' (over and over again :rolleyes:)
It's from Lucasfilm's direction that they're separating the animated and realistic lines, from what I know. It's not going to change any time soon.

Blue2th
04-22-2009, 09:47 PM
It's from Lucasfilm's direction that they're separating the animated and realistic lines, from what I know. It's not going to change any time soon.

Yeah but that's separating the CGI series from the movies unless I misunderstand it. The new Clone Wars should go on with animated figures like it is, I don't mind it, but I think the Gendy Cartoon series figures should be included with the realistic Legacy line, just like the comic books etc. and every other EU figure released and Legacy Wave 2 was it?

They've already released those Clone Wars figures in Legacy once, not to mention the first Clone Wars realistic line. I see no reason why they can' t do it again. Occasionally I see a few of these figures left from wave 2 like a Mon Calamari Warrior etc., but most of them have cleared out. They are re-running a few of them like the Scuba Trooper.

Back on topic though, I agree with what's mentioned. Yarna was over produced. I guess when they have a figure run, they have to produce so many. Not sure what's behind their reasoning.
I think they should make the Ice cream guy a chase figure or limited run.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Ah, I didn't realize you were talking about the Genndy microseries. I think that has been pretty well mined for figures (apart from a few, like Captain Fordo in phase II armor and Anakin and Obi-Wan in their later armor, which is almost exactly like their CGI TCW gear). They said they're not really going to do too many more of them, even though there's that L8-L9 as the build-a-droid in the TPM wave.

JEDIpartner
04-27-2009, 06:00 PM
I've actually not seen too many Yarnas hanging around here in the Cleveland area!!!

Old Fossil
04-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I've actually not seen too many Yarnas hanging around here in the Cleveland area!!!

Today I saw three or four Yarnas hanging out and smoking in front of Family Dollar.

JEDIpartner
04-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Today I saw three or four Yarnas hanging out and smoking in front of Family Dollar.

As you would. :o

Obsession is Nute
05-04-2009, 01:29 PM

I just visited my local TRU, Target and Wal-Mart and I am very concerned by what I am seeing.

Target: CW and Legends consume all but two pegs, 8 Yarna's

Toys R' Us: 1/2 pegs are empty. Mostly Clone Wars left. Almost no Legends, and 12 Yarna's and 6 Quarren Warriors.

Wal-Mart: Lots of empty legs. 5 Yarna's, 1 Trinto and lots of CW 3PO and Padme.

I hope these stores are getting ready to fill things up with the new figures in proper divisions. My concern is that many of the associates stocking shelves don't care aboout the how much goes where. Instead of putting anything in backstock, they just fill in what they have...which always seems to be at the expense of the Legacy line.

DarkJedi5
05-04-2009, 02:59 PM
I hope these stores are getting ready to fill things up with the new figures in proper divisions. My concern is that many of the associates stocking shelves don't care aboout the how much goes where. Instead of putting anything in backstock, they just fill in what they have...which always seems to be at the expense of the Legacy line.

I've noticed this too. I wonder if this isn't part of the reason Hasbro says that Legacy sales are down. I mean, they probably are anyway but all I almost ever see on pegs is CW and the Legends rehashes. How can they get sales up if the product doesn't make it to the pegs?