PDA

View Full Version : 52 Basic Figures Avaliable This Year!

Beast
02-22-2002, 04:35 AM
Since the last thread turned into alot of flames, I decided to repost this list to keep everyone informed. Enjoy. :D
Hasbo has stated that there will be a total of 52 figures released this year starting in April. Going by the figures we have seen and the official lists there is exactly 40 that we have seen of have been confirmed from Hasbro. That leaves 12 that we have yet to have confirmed. Lets discuss who we think the other 12 will be. First the list of the confirmed figures.:

Collection 1 (Wave 1):
[ ] Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasent Disguise)
[ ] C-3PO (Protocal Droid)
[ ] Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
[ ] Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
[ ] Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
[ ] Padmé Amidala (Arena Escape)
[ ] R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry)
[ ] Super Battle Droid

Collection 2 (Wave 1):
[ ] Battle Droid (Arena Battle)
[ ] Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
[ ] Captain Typho (Padmé's Head of Security)
[ ] Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
[ ] Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
[ ] Tusken Raider (Female w/ Child)

Those are the ones we know are coming out on April 23rd. In addition here is the list of E2 and classic figures that have been confirmed by Hasbro at Toy Fair or in their press releases.

[ ] Anakin Skywalker (Hanger Duel)
[ ] Chancellor Palpatine
[ ] CloneTrooper Commander (Ambu Fett?)
[ ] CloneTrooper (re-sculpt)
[ ] Count Dooku
[ ] Geonosian Warrior w/ Masiff
[ ] Genosian w/ wings
[ ] Jango Fett (Genosis Arena)
[ ] Jar Jar Binks (Senator)
[ ] Luminari Unduli (Jedi Master)
[ ] Mace Windu (Arena)
[ ] Nikto (Jedi Knight)
[ ] Obi-Wan Kenobi (Pilot)
[ ] Orn Fre Taa (Senator)
[ ] Qui-Gon Jinn
[ ] Red Senate Guard
[ ] Saesee Tiin (Arena Battle)
[ ] Yoda
[ ] Zam Wesell (No Viel)

Classic:
[ ] Chewbacca: Bespin Escape
[ ] Darth Vader: Bespin Duel
[ ] Djas Puhr
[ ] Endor Rebel Soldier
[ ] Han Solo: Endor
[ ] Luke Skywalker: Bespin

That brings us to 40 figures, which leaves 12 that we haven't officially seen or been confirmed by Hasbro. 11 if Ephant Mon isn't a deluxe figure. :) Let's discuss who the additional 12(11) might possibly be. I'll post my list in the next posting.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-22-2002, 04:38 AM
These are the rumored figures that were posted online a while back. I am putting them in the order I think most likely to least likely of seeing production this year.

1. Lama Su
2. Taun We
3. Dexter Jettster
4. Padme Amidala: Pilot
5. R4-P17 (Obi-Wan's Starfighter Droid)
6. PK-4 Droid
7. Ephant Mon (If not Deluxe)
8. Watt Tamber
9. Senator Segat ("Supposedly" was shown at UK Toy Fair)
10. ??? (Maybe another classic figure?)
11. ??? (Maybe another classic figure?)
12. ??? (Maybe another classic figure?)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-22-2002, 06:25 AM
I have to say that we'll see at least one more EP1 figure besides Qui-Gonn. I can recall a post/list that had a Podracer on it but I don't know what became of it. What about that? Since Qui-Gonn is from the cancelled two packs, how about the JarJar from that? Be that would make you happy, eh Jar Jar??!! Since all the other soldier-type figures are being redone, I think that the Hoth Rebel trooper should get the treatment. Heck, who knows?

The force is slow with this one.....

rdrunr89
02-22-2002, 08:19 AM
What about the never created "Lott Dodd" figure? Isn't he supposed to come out this time?

yaddle yodas love pu
02-22-2002, 08:22 AM
Actually, Lott Dodd has been "created". A mold was made, the prototype has been shown. He just has not been put into mass production. Why not? I think he would sell well. Hes a cool-looking non-rehash alien. Bring him on.

rdrunr89
02-22-2002, 08:55 AM
That was just me being dumb, I knew he was created but I more so meant that he was never produced in the figure line. Perhaps he is one of the ones that is not in JJB's list.

hairless chewie
02-22-2002, 09:27 AM
Does anyone have a pic of the Lott Dodd prototype???

The force is slow with this one....

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 09:33 AM
Aren't their two Endor Troopers? Or is it just a slight variant from one to the other? I could be wrong, I'm not keeping up with the new stuff coming out.

Lord Tenebrous
02-22-2002, 09:38 AM
The only gripe I have about Lott is how they sculpted his robes. But probably an improvement over Nute, so I won't complain.

I also wonder if they rescaled him to be taller, like all the Neimoidians should have been...

rdrunr89
02-22-2002, 10:08 AM
There are two Endor troopers but they are considered as one in the grand scheme of Hasbro. :D

The pic of Lott Dodd looks cool. Thanks LT.

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 12:13 PM
originally listed by Jar Jar Binks
5. R4-P17 (Obi-Wan's Starfighter Droid)

Who would buy just an astromech head? Collector's are gullible, but c'mon...

Jayspawn
02-22-2002, 01:26 PM
Now that is a lot of figures.

Darth Evil
02-22-2002, 02:14 PM
There's quite a few there I'm interested in, I'd better start saving!

Beast
02-22-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Aren't their two Endor Troopers? Or is it just a slight variant from one to the other? I could be wrong, I'm not keeping up with the new stuff coming out.
It's just a head varient, no different then the clean/dirty biker scout and the E1 varient battle droids. Hasbro considers them the same figure, which is why they don't change the UPC number on the back of the cards.

As for Lott Dod, he did appear on the list... :D I forgot about him and the E1 figures that were listed. Oops. Alongside the Qui-Gon (who I think may actually be an E2 figure) was listed Lott Dod, and an Orange Handmaiden. So, if those those two are true, that leaves only 1 or 2 more thats uncertain. As for Obi-Wan's Starfighter droid, that was originally listed as coming with the Masiff, but since the Masiff is coming with a Geonosin, it looks like the droid was just mistakenly listed, since the droid is really only a head on Obi-Wan's Starfighter. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-22-2002, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the picture LT. It looks pretty cool and I'd bet that eventually that we'll see

Amanamike
02-23-2002, 01:07 AM
Im sure well see him this year...I hope anyway. ive waited along time for this one. Always looking to the future... never on where he was..what he was doing....

Obi-Don
02-24-2002, 07:42 AM
52,now thats going to be hard to get that passed my wife. I guess I'll have to work some overtime for these.

Amanamike
02-24-2002, 12:10 PM
Obi Don are you married to my wife too??? Sounds like it!!! Maybe they are sisters, hahahahha!!!!!!!

Beast
02-24-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Amanamike
Im sure well see him this year...I hope anyway. ive waited along time for this one. Always looking to the future... never on where he was..what he was doing....
We will see him this year, but it probably won't be until 3rd quarter like I said. Hasbro is gonna stick primarily to E2 figures atleast til then. There will be a couple classic figures before then, but most of them won't pop up til a little later. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

starwars92590
02-24-2002, 09:33 PM
I heard that Lott Dod is going to be in Episode 2. If you look in that one issue of Insider, the one about Episode 2 with Ki-Adi Mundi and Nute Gunray. The guy next to Gunray might be Lott Dod.:D

rdrunr89
02-24-2002, 11:21 PM
How about the redo of R5-D4?? Or even a couple of new sculps...maybe Han in Carbonite since the original seemed a bit bulked up or even a new Jedi Luke?

Emperor Howdy
02-25-2002, 03:01 AM
Kinkiest post of the day goes to: Amanamike :D

Bespin_refugee
02-25-2002, 03:13 AM
it'd be great if that was true about the 'orange handmaiden'; I've had that on my wishlist for a looooong time!

Lord Tenebrous
02-26-2002, 10:02 PM
I heard that Lott Dod is going to be in Episode 2. If you look in that one issue of Insider, the one about Episode 2 with Ki-Adi Mundi and Nute Gunray

I thought so, too. But it turns out that it's a new Neimoidian character. Another guy we'll never get...yay! :mad:

DarthMaulSithLord
03-01-2002, 07:12 AM
52 figures? Oh my poor wallet.

:eek:

mark2d2
03-03-2002, 12:36 AM
I'm also just DYING!!! for a decent R5D4!!! Enough already! Haven't I suffered enough? Seems like it's Hasbro with a bad motivator on this one.

General Veers
03-03-2002, 10:19 AM
Whats wrong with the POTF2 R5D4 guys?:p ;) But Seriosily we need a new one, now.:)

Beast
03-03-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by General Veers
Whats wrong with the POTF2 R5D4 guys?:p ;) But Seriosily we need a new one, now.:)
Well, he was planned for the BoShek wave, and then was replaced with R4-M9, because R5 appears in E2. So maybe he is one of the 12 unknown. Especially if they had already started sculpting "Skippy the Jedi Droid" ;) I wonder what exactly his role will be in the movie, probably somewhat important if he really did blow his motivator on purpose, so as not to break up C-3PO and R2-D2. By the way, bonus points if you know the story of "Skippy the Jedi Droid." :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
03-03-2002, 01:31 PM
Ugh. I hope that Blowing his motivator himself rubbish is just that --- rubbish.

That kind of thing is exactly what is wrong with these new movies. Everything is too dang pat for my tastes. Ridiculous.

Someone else said this in these forums --- but the most hilarious idea would be to just have him on a sandcrawler. The idea that he was stuck in one the entire time as the Republic crumbles would be very cool. And actually somewhat deep if you stop and really think about it.

But Lucas lately is neither deep --- or filled with much thought. In fact he's gotten just darn right Cheesy. The worst example of this is the cut "Bad Greedo Bad" scenes in Episode I. By far the DUMBEST scene ever filmed for any movie in the history of cinema!!!

DarthMaulSithLord
03-03-2002, 02:55 PM
The original R5-D4 is pretty decent if you ask me. I'd much rather get an Imperial Dignitary or an Admiral Motti. And while we're at it, where's my damn electronic Imperial Shuttle?

:rolleyes:

mylow thehutt
03-03-2002, 09:24 PM
:greedy: Wow, My pants are on fire, because my money is burning a hole in my pocket:eek: 52 figures, I still can't handel the fact that my B-day is in June:D And all these figures are comming out in May.:p

starwars92590
03-04-2002, 08:23 PM
Im not going to last this year im going to midnight madness and with 52 figures plus deluxe, creature, ships and playsets. i only have $200!

Beast
03-04-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by starwars92590
Im not going to last this year im going to midnight madness and with 52 figures plus deluxe, creature, ships and playsets. i only have $200!
Just do what I'm gonna do, pick up the 14 figures and the deluxe figures that will be out on April 23rd, and a few other things. And then buy a ship or creature everyone paycheck. Spread it out, don't think ya need to buy it all at once. :D And the Arena Playset and Republic Gunship won't be out until Fall anyway. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedibear
03-05-2002, 02:17 AM
youch! As long as all 52 ren't availible on the first night , that's fine.
I know the main thrust this year will be on AOTC, but it's nice to see some classic characters sprinkled in there too (although I question the need for yet ANOTHER Han Solo sculpt in what is basically the same outfit...yeah, yeah, he's got the thermal detonators and all, but c'mon...where's a new improved Jedi Luke!?!). The idea of releasing some of the cancelled (but still prototyped) figures is good too. I really like the Lott Dodd and it would be cool to see the Obi-Wan from the cancelled Trophey series (with the wet hair & breather) done too.
I know this will probably elicit a groan from folks, but looking at the Eeth Koth figure and the other forthcoming more action-posed jedi makes me want a decent action-posed (with the flying cloak) version of Qui-Gon. With the good detailing in the POTJ line we've been getting, it would be nice.

But with 52 figures coming, it seems there will be plenty to choose from anyhow.....

hairless chewie
03-05-2002, 02:36 PM
I'll get eveything that is in the first wave all in one shot!! The credit card is all paid off and ready to go for the 23rd!!! Forgive me.......