PDA

View Full Version : New Packaging, New Figures?

clone157
04-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Over at Galactic Hunter I found this new packaging pic for the new comic 2-packs. The cross sell shows some that I haven't heard about. Any Ideas who they are?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2009, 07:54 PM
We discussed this in the "2009 Rumors" thread. They are:

Luke Skywalker & R2-D2 (STAR WARS)
Camie & Fixer (EMPIRE)
Kashyyyk Trooper 2-Pack (REPUBLIC)
Noghri Warrior & Ralrra (HEIR TO THE EMPIRE)

The Luke and Artoo is a repack. Camie and Fixer are from a deleted scene in ANH and look to be styled after that scene, thankfully. It looks like one Kashyyyk Trooper is based on the Commander Faie mold, and hopefully the other one is interesting. Ralrra is a Wookiee . . . it looks like that will be the same comic they already put in the Luke and Mara Jade set, so hopefully it will be changed.

Tycho
04-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Oh my! I'm all over Noghri figures. Maybe we'll see 5 purchases?

I'll probably get 1 Cammie and Fixer.

DarkArtist
07-03-2009, 11:48 AM
spotted the new packaging for the Legends line today at Walmart in Old Bridge. the art looks good and the cards are smaller but overall nice. they changed the clone lockers as well adding a little tan colored stripes on them but still the same weapons as before. was sorta hoping that perhaps they changed the weapons giving us maybe blasters from the OTC and perhaps lightsabers etc.

picked up 501st SA trooper, Sandtrooper, White AOTC Clone, white ROTS clone.

Blue2th
07-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I saw these today. The cards are smaller (maybe this means they can squeeze more product on the pegs?)
Every clone figure that I saw was clean with no weathering on it. Which is ok if you want a variation, as most of the movie line had weathering, dirt or mud. The clean Sandtrooper looked out of place, but SA nonetheless.

I'd be all over a Noghri too. Hopefully he comes with a blade to slice Thrawn's neck (gross but hey it's in the book)

Ji'dai
07-03-2009, 01:46 PM
I saw the new cards this week too. It's the end of an era. This is the first time Star Wars basic figures have been released on cardbacks significantly smaller than the 6x9 standard that's dominated the line for the past 30 years.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-03-2009, 01:59 PM
I saw these today. The cards are smaller (maybe this means they can squeeze more product on the pegs?)
Every clone figure that I saw was clean with no weathering on it. Which is ok if you want a variation, as most of the movie line had weathering, dirt or mud. The clean Sandtrooper looked out of place, but SA nonetheless.

I'd be all over a Noghri too. Hopefully he comes with a blade to slice Thrawn's neck (gross but hey it's in the book)
For the record, those troopers have been coming out for the last two years, without any battle damage (apart from the Sandtrooper, but that version came out several months ago).

I've also been seeing the new Legends figures more and more lately. One store sold through all of them except for Saesee Tiin (big surprise there) and a Super Battle Droid.

Blue2th
07-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Guess I didn't notice. Maybe the clean figure on the sparse card makes it stand out. Shows how much I buy the Legends figures.

Last time I saw weathering on Legends figures was TAC Legends. I think I bought some Sandtroopers then.
Trying to remember if there was a clean one though, if not he might be cool to pick up as another version I might not have.

I need to check all of mine to see.

Tycho
07-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Has anyone seen the AOTC Anakin Evolutions figure re-released yet?

I need a lot of those.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Has anyone seen the AOTC Anakin Evolutions figure re-released yet?

I need a lot of those.
I think some people have - he's shipping with the AOTC wave, on the stormtrooper helmet card.

Last time I saw weathering on Legends figures was TAC Legends. I think I bought some Sandtroopers then.
Trying to remember if there was a clean one though, if not he might be cool to pick up as another version I might not have.
The clean black pauldron sandtrooper was first released on the stormtrooper card in 2008, but I believe there was a clean white pauldron one released back on the 2007 TAC card. I'm pretty sure all the other ones have varying degrees of dirt or damage . . . there was another clean white one in the tin set in late 2006, but I think that was it.

Tycho
07-04-2009, 01:48 AM
I think some people have - he's shipping with the AOTC wave, on the stormtrooper helmet card.

Are there 2 (two) Anakins in that case then? The concept Anakin is part of that assortment too, isn't it?

DarkJedi5
07-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Yes. The AOTC wave has two Anakins in it.

Tycho
07-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Then I better hunt those Evolutions Anakin figures I want down!