PDA

View Full Version : Bones

Pages : [1] 2

Bel-Cam Jos
04-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Unless I'm blind and clueless (a slight possibility on either), I did not notice a previous thread on Bones, FOX's attempt at a CSI-wannabe. Anybody watch it? Since I find nothing of interest on TV on Thursdays from 8pm on, I started catching a couple episodes. I mean, one of the bearded dudes (NOT Frank Beard, obviously) from ZZ Top is a character's father! How can that not be comedy gold? :rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
04-12-2009, 02:24 PM
If you enjoy the series at all you should check out the older stuff, it really was the best. Zack was a great character, but he has basically been removed.

My wife is a big fan, I have enjoyed more than a few episodes myself. The ZZTop dad has only made a couple brief appearances.

The show is based on a series of books, like Dexter, except they are written by a real life anthropologist, based (loosely) on her life.

There is a lot of dry comedy to the series, it's not everybody's cup of tea.:p

Devo
04-12-2009, 03:15 PM
If you enjoy the series at all you should check out the older stuff, it really was the best. Zack was a great character, but he has basically been removed.

My wife is a big fan, I have enjoyed more than a few episodes myself. The ZZTop dad has only made a couple brief appearances.

The show is based on a series of books, like Dexter, except they are written by a real life anthropologist, based (loosely) on her life.

There is a lot of dry comedy to the series, it's not everybody's cup of tea.:p

Of all the monotonous forensics shows I'd take Bones if I had to - for its humour. I just don't get why its necessary to have 3 different CSIs on air in addition to 2 Law and orders, criminal minds etc. Too much stuff like that while Terminator is on the brink of cancellation.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-12-2009, 03:26 PM
I enjoy Bones quite a bit. I like the humor in it, and the interaction between Bones and Booth. Emily Deschanel is pretty good looking, though her sister is a bit cuter.

Zack was a good character, but they've had a lot of fun with the rotating people filling his spot. There was the one guy who thought Bones was hitting on him, the depressed philosophical guy, the uptight black guy, and the guy who spouts off random trivia. I believe his name was Nigel Murray. He's probably my favorite. They had some fun doing experiments this week like Hodgins and Zack used to do.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Oh, and being a Monty Python fan, whenever the show comes on I have to say to myself, "Look at the BONES!"

OC47150
04-16-2009, 08:13 PM

Three or four times at the most. The first time was the season 1 Christmas show.

I like the show. But Fox doesn't give the show the respect it deserves, moving it around to different time slots, etc...

Last season's Zack storyline was okay. I know the Gorgamon storyline was originally to stretch until this season but, because of the strike, the producers didn't think viewers would stick with it and remember what was going on, and the storyline was wrapped up in one season. The actor who played Zack didn't know he was going to be Gorgamon's assistant until he was called into the producers' office and told.

And the producers never fully explained what happened to Zack during his tenure in Iraq. He left at the end of season 2.

I've enjoyed the replacement assistants. Kinda like Murphy Brown and her assistants! A different one every week, on MB, that is.

JimJamBonds
04-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I've been a fan of Bones for a couple of years. I like the mix of science and police work. OC is right about Fox, they keep moving the show around, infact there was a new episode yesterday, today and on Monday (I don't know about next Thursday).

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if FOX moved the show into 206 different timeslots? Or if the series makes it to 206 episodes?

Bel-Cam Jos
05-16-2009, 08:58 AM
The season finale was really cool; that dream sequence style is often nicely done. But since I'd missed the penultimate episode, I was a bit lost about Booth being in a hospital. Loved noticing how they made the characters' usual roles adjusted for this storyline.

JimJamBonds
05-17-2009, 03:33 AM
I have mixed emotions about the season finale. The issue at hand is the dream sequence and the fact that maybe 30 seconds took place in "reality."

OC47150
05-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Dream sequences have a tendency to fail. But in Bones' case, it worked well. I liked how all the temp lab assistants were worked into the episode.

I have the penultimate ep taped...somewhere. I will have to find it and watch.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-07-2009, 08:29 AM
It's back on. Anyone care? I caught some of this week's, and it was its typically good level.

JimJamBonds
11-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah I've been watching, I've liked it better this season then The Office. Like you said BCJ another solid episode on Thursday, it was nice to see a Deadwood alum getting work on the small screen.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-07-2009, 02:54 PM
I've been watching. Lately I've been recording it and Fringe while watching Flash Forward and Supernatural. Makes it easier to record one channel instead of two.

OC47150
11-07-2009, 09:31 PM
I've been watching. Lately I've been recording it and Fringe while watching Flash Forward and Supernatural. Makes it easier to record one channel instead of two.

I record it and Fringe and watch 'em both a few days later. I just watched the mummy episode the other day!

Mad Slanted Powers
11-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Does anyone else point and say "What's that mean?" at the end of the show just like the character on the screen does?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Always.

I also do the "That's some bad hat, Harry" (and I've tried to figure out unsuccessfully to determine if that's an anagram) line at the end of House and the "shhhh!" after The Simpsons. In fact, I've probably done it for most of those lines.

My favorite older one? "Sit Ubu, sit. Good dog. Woof!"

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Always.

I also do the "That's some bad hat, Harry" (and I've tried to figure out unsuccessfully to determine if that's an anagram) line at the end of House and the "shhhh!" after The Simpsons. In fact, I've probably done it for most of those lines.

My favorite older one? "Sit Ubu, sit. Good dog. Woof!"

Or, the "Grr, argh" from the Joss Whedon shows.

JimJamBonds
11-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Nope, I do none of the above.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-20-2009, 09:09 PM
So, will Booth's Pops reappear to try and bring he and Bones together? :love: Or was that just a one-time spot?

OC47150
11-21-2009, 10:44 AM
So, will Booth's Pops reappear to try and bring he and Bones together? :love: Or was that just a one-time spot?

He can't be Booth's daddy. He's already Gibbs' dad on NCIS!! :yes:

I bet he'll be back.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-22-2009, 08:56 AM
"Pops" was Booth's nickname for his grandfather. So DNA tests can still let him stay as both. :pleased:

JimJamBonds
11-22-2009, 11:59 AM

I doubt it, I'd bet we see his brother again before we see Pops.

There was a error in the dialog in this episode. Booth said that Pop's was in the 82nd Airborne yet he mentioned him fighting in a battle that took place in the Pacific. I don't remember which battle it was but due to my nerdy military history interest that line really stuck out to me since the 82nd was in the ETO not the PTO.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-23-2009, 10:07 AM
The writers can just write (get it?) it off as more of Pops' memory aging issues, if they wish.

JimJamBonds
11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
The writers can just write (get it?) it off as more of Pops' memory aging issues, if they wish.

Seeley is the one that says it not Pops so while it could be said its his bad memory I'd think that A) Pops told him before his memory went south B) Booth I'd guess would probably have done some research and realized it was wrong or C) It doesn't matter. :D

Mad Slanted Powers
12-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Should I go wait in line for Avatar and hope a girl like that comes up to me?

JimJamBonds
12-09-2009, 08:12 AM
I meant to comment on that shameless shameless plug. Fox, you've somehow managed to drop the bar even lower.

sonofsokol
12-09-2009, 02:48 PM
The actor who plays that intern is actually in Avatar. That is weird.
Here is his imdb page. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0601376/)

I loved Hodgins' tattoo of Angela...nice.

OC47150
12-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I got caught up on my Bones. I still enjoy the show but it's gotten too cute. I wish it would have a more serious tone like it did in the first couple of seasons.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-28-2009, 10:07 AM
I like the semi-serious but mainly-fun style; it reminds me of House. Medical or crime scene shows that take themselves too seriously get little to no viewing from me.

sonofsokol
12-28-2009, 10:57 AM
I agree with you Bel-Cam, the mix of funny and serious is what makes me love Bones, House, and The Mentalist. I quit the CSI and CSI Miami series because I enjoyed these other shows more. They are just more entertaining.

It is a delicate balance though... Too much drama and it becomes a soap opera and too much funny and you lose the good story lines it seems. These shows do a great job of it.

JetsAndHeels
12-28-2009, 03:16 PM
I have just recently gotten into watching Bones the last few weeks. TNT airs episodes nightly at 7pm, so I have been watching and it caused me to get hooked.

I may have to look into purchasing these dvd sets.

Emily is hott, as is the actress who plays Angela. :)

Mad Slanted Powers
12-28-2009, 06:51 PM
I like the semi-serious but mainly-fun style; it reminds me of House. Medical or crime scene shows that take themselves too seriously get little to no viewing from me.

I agree with you Bel-Cam, the mix of funny and serious is what makes me love Bones, House, and The Mentalist. I quit the CSI and CSI Miami series because I enjoyed these other shows more. They are just more entertaining.

It is a delicate balance though... Too much drama and it becomes a soap opera and too much funny and you lose the good story lines it seems. These shows do a great job of it.

I agree with both of you. I like the humorous interaction between the characters. I like the different quirks of the revolving assistants. "King of the Lab" is a great phrase. I like how Bones is funny even when she isn't trying to be.

I have just recently gotten into watching Bones the last few weeks. TNT airs episodes nightly at 7pm, so I have been watching and it caused me to get hooked.

I may have to look into purchasing these dvd sets.

Emily is hott, as is the actress who plays Angela. :)

I agree on Emily, though I think her sister is better looking. I think I've only seen her in Hitchhiker's Guide and in her cameo on Bones.

JimJamBonds
01-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Emily is hott...

A friend of mine kinda sorta looks like Emily.... kinda.

One thing that is getting a bit old for me is the "random friend/co worker/family member/criminal/whomever" that makes a comment to either Booth or Bone's (or both of them) that they should be together. I get it, I really do! At some point they will hook up I have no doubts about that. Well hooking up beyond Booth's weird dream at the end of last season. ;) But I feel its being said just a little bit too often, writers, please take it down a couple of notches. Thanks, JJB

OC47150
01-22-2010, 08:06 PM
I liked the conspiracy aspect of this ep.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-22-2010, 10:36 PM
I liked the conspiracy aspect of this ep.

Wasn't Mr. White the guy from The Sarah Connor Chronicles? Maybe this was actually a crossover episode!

sonofsokol
01-22-2010, 10:47 PM
According to imdb.com Mr White was played by the guy from the Sarah Conner Chronicles, Richard T. Jones. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0429114/) Booth taking out the three agents in 5 seconds was pretty cool:whip: And so was his scene shooting the melons. Booth is cool.

JimJamBonds
01-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Booth taking out the three agents in 5 seconds was pretty cool:whip: And so was his scene shooting the melons. Booth is cool.

Yup yup!

I always thought that Booth was a bit of a weird last name but I never really thought that much about it, the news that John Wilkes (sp?) is relation was a bit of a shocker.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-23-2010, 09:04 PM
There was a man with the last name of Booth that was a teacher at my high school.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-24-2010, 09:21 AM
I seem to find people with that last name all the time in restaurants, as the host asks politely if where they might sit is okay.

And I missed all but the last few minutes on this one; stupid work requirements making me forget it's on. :myownfault:

JimJamBonds
01-24-2010, 10:08 AM
I seem to find people with that last name all the time in restaurants, as the host asks politely if where they might sit is okay.

Really?

And I missed all but the last few minutes on this one; stupid work requirements making me forget it's on. :myownfault:

Stupid dvr didn't tape the first couple of minutes so that I missed.

OC47150
01-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Solid ep. I like the Brit intern.

And Padme? What a coincidence.

JimJamBonds
01-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Solid ep. I like the Brit intern.

Mr. Nigel Murry?

And Padme? What a coincidence.

I liked that as well.

sonofsokol
01-31-2010, 01:33 PM
I really like how they shuffle the interns in and out for the episodes. I think Vincent Nigel-Murray is my favorite though. His infinite amount of useless (depending on your point of view) facts are amusing. I can associate with his never-ending quest for approval from Dr. Brennan too.

I don't really like that they have Wendel sleeping with Angela. Hodgins is my favorite character and it just sucks for him, especially since he and Wendel have been buddies in the lab.

Dang, I am making this sound a little too much like a soap opera. Sorry

Bel-Cam Jos
01-31-2010, 05:48 PM
I don't really like that they have Wendel sleeping with Angela.

Dang, I am making this sound a little too much like a soap opera. SorryNope, just someone with morals. :rolleyes:

I keep having stuff to do on Thursday nights and don't feel it's quite DVR-worthy yet. Bones has always been an if-it's-on-then type show for me.

JimJamBonds
01-31-2010, 05:48 PM
I really like how they shuffle the interns in and out for the episodes. I think Vincent Nigel-Murray is my favorite though. His infinite amount of useless (depending on your point of view) facts are amusing. I can associate with his never-ending quest for approval from Dr. Brennan too.

I wish every now and then they'd have a second (or third) intern in the same show, I think that could make for some good conflict. :p

Mad Slanted Powers
01-31-2010, 06:12 PM
I wish every now and then they'd have a second (or third) intern in the same show, I think that could make for some good conflict. :pYeah, what if they all showed up at the same time?

JimJamBonds
02-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Yeah, what if they all showed up at the same time?

I'm of course not counting last season's finale where they were all there... in Booth's dream.;)

JimJamBonds
04-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Anybody else see last weeks episode? Bones and Booth worked a case one year prior to the pilot episode. While it was nice to see a few funny moments like Bones be there person to suggest that Zack and Jack do an experiment I'm not so sure about having Bones, Booth and Cam meet prior to what we saw in earlier episodes. I'll have to go back and watch the pilot but it seems as if the writers took a few too many liberties re writing the past.

OC47150
04-13-2010, 06:29 PM
I saw it. It was a good ep. Nice to see everyone before they were in their comfortable roles. I miss Zach.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I watched it a week later on the DVR. Pretty good episode. Just watched this week's episode today.

JimJamBonds
04-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Bones and Booth singing and playing guitar = horrible.

sonofsokol
04-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Strange episode. I got bored during it, which never happens with this show. The singing was the low point.:yes:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-30-2010, 08:42 PM
I had it on at the start, came back to it once or twice, then caught the end. I gave it an "eh," especially the downer end conversation between B & B.

JimJamBonds
05-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Strange episode. I got bored during it, which never happens with this show. The singing was the low point.:yes:

I did however like the Toad the wet sprocket reference. :thumbsup: Overall this episode was as BCJ said a downer, probably my least favorite episode they have ever made. Plus it didn't help that that guy from Suckcherry was in it.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
I didn't mind the episode. There were a few moments where I laughed a bit.

So, the guitar guy was from Buckcherry? I just realized recently that Buckcherry is an spoonerism of Chuck Berry. Wikipedia says they got the name from from a drag queen acquaintance, though. I'm not really familiar with them, other than "Lit Up" was on one of those VH1 lists of top hard rock songs or something.

JimJamBonds
05-08-2010, 11:39 PM
So Jack and Angela (or whatever her dad actually named her) are married.... ummm yeah, kinda quick if you ask me.

OC47150
05-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Just from how Jack and Angela were acting, I had a feeling that was going to happen.

JimJamBonds
05-10-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm not shocked that they got back together, I just didn't think them getting back together AND married would be on the same day.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I only saw the last 5 minutes or so. I don't want to spoilerize for those who haven't watched their DVRs yet, so I will say I was confused at how it ended, at least as to how the next season will go on.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-21-2010, 11:09 PM
I only saw the last 5 minutes or so. I don't want to spoilerize for those who haven't watched their DVRs yet, so I will say I was confused at how it ended, at least as to how the next season will go on.
My guess is that it will pick up from when they return.

JimJamBonds
05-22-2010, 12:09 PM

Yeah that was a weird end. I can see Bones coming back in a year but no way Booth could reenlist in the Rangers and be out in a year. Since the Army wanted him because of his experience with the Rangers and FBI I'd think having him go over as a consultant would make more sense.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah that was a weird end. I can see Bones coming back in a year but no way Booth could reenlist in the Rangers and be out in a year. Since the Army wanted him because of his experience with the Rangers and FBI I'd think having him go over as a consultant would make more sense.

I kind of thought that is what he was. He was just going to be training them.

JimJamBonds
05-22-2010, 11:35 PM
I kind of thought that is what he was. He was just going to be training them.

Kinda, he is doing that but he rejoined. Plus that letter he got from that Colonel said he be a Sergeant Major vs. a Master Sergeant (his rank when discharged).

OC47150
06-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Finally got around to watching the last ep. It was odd. I liked the hoarder storyline, but the rest of the ep was just weird, too fragmented. I have a feeling something big will happen to bring everyone back together in September.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2010, 09:13 PM
I seem to forget it's even on quite frequently, so I only saw the end again. It seems like this has a chance to either keep the series going strong with a shakeup, or doom it to destruction by messing with chemistry. But maybe I missed too much to make a proper assessment of the episode.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-05-2010, 09:40 PM
I seem to forget it's even on quite frequently, so I only saw the end again. It seems like this has a chance to either keep the series going strong with a shakeup, or doom it to destruction by messing with chemistry. But maybe I missed too much to make a proper assessment of the episode.

They also messed with Brennan's hair. She still looks good, though.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-08-2010, 09:19 AM
MSP, while watching last night, I couldn't get your hairstyle comment out of (off of?) my head. ;) The "case study on TV" about New Jersey males and females was quite funny; I wonder if any who live there would feel that was a shot at them (but of course, their 'V' abs can take any shot you got, know what I'm sayin'? :D ). Bones is showing to remain professional while she's clearly struggling with Booth's new interest. We'll see how far that goes before there's a blow-up or more emotional neuron and endorphins reaction from her.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-15-2010, 07:25 PM
David Alan Grier is a funny man. He worked well on last night's show. Bones aims a shotgun, and ninja kicks a woman with a needle in a hospital? I expected her to wail on a guitar after that. :D

JimJamBonds
10-16-2010, 09:34 AM
David Alan Grier is a funny man. He worked well on last night's show. Bones aims a shotgun, and ninja kicks a woman with a needle in a hospital? I expected her to wail on a guitar after that. :D

Nope, just dance around in a bone costume! I thought DAG was great, I was expecting a 'king of the lab' comment from Jack at some point so that was a bit of a let down.

All in all I'm liking this season so far, the Hannah thing seems legit although Sweets planted the seed that it won't work (the bonded in combat exchange). I'm not sure I'm digging Bones' new 'dew.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Last night was among the best episodes I've seen in the series overall (but to be honest, I've missed MANY ones). I was hoping it wouldn't be a dream sequence where she wakes up with a knife wound. Throughout the show, I was wondering what was real, what was in characters' minds, what would happen next. Very good IMHO.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Last night was among the best episodes I've seen in the series overall (but to be honest, I've missed MANY ones). I was hoping it wouldn't be a dream sequence where she wakes up with a knife wound. Throughout the show, I was wondering what was real, what was in characters' minds, what would happen next. Very good IMHO.

Yes, a great episode. I was wondering if Micah was real. Just read an interview with the writer of the episode, and she said that it was left open to interpretation.

JimJamBonds
12-12-2010, 08:55 AM
I agree, that was a very good episode the other night. Was anybody else thinking (at least for a bit) that Micah was going to be the killer???

Bel-Cam Jos
12-12-2010, 09:23 AM
I'll post these as SPOILERS, just in case someone's DVR hasn't been watched yet. I thought that:

- Bones would be in a hospital room to end the show, with a rib injury caused by a knife (meaning she'd been the one hurt, not the in-the-tree body) trying to retrace the events of the crime (maybe even Bones with the heroin somehow)
- Micah was never there, but the actor who played him would appear somewhere (as the doctor, another FBI agent, etc.)
- there would be a her-or-me scene with Booth's new love, him, and Bones (to be the cliffhanger ending)

Again, very good episode. :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
12-12-2010, 10:10 AM
I agree, that was a very good episode the other night. Was anybody else thinking (at least for a bit) that Micah was going to be the killer???

I think the thought crossed my mind at one point.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-31-2010, 10:06 AM
Last night they ran a rerun of the "first case" Bones and Booth solved; I guess it was from the 2009-10 season, not this current one. Very interesting, and answers some questions, while explaining other plotlines I've seen recently.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Last night they ran a rerun of the "first case" Bones and Booth solved; I guess it was from the 2009-10 season, not this current one. Very interesting, and answers some questions, while explaining other plotlines I've seen recently.That was longer ago than I remembered. When you mentioned it, I thought it was from this season, but it appears it was from April 8, 2010.

JimJamBonds
01-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Last night they ran a rerun of the "first case" Bones and Booth solved; I guess it was from the 2009-10 season, not this current one. Very interesting, and answers some questions, while explaining other plot lines I've seen recently.
I didn't really care for that episode, while it was nice to see Addy again as Bone's intern I think there were too many "just happened to be scenario's" such as Cam being involved as the state corner from NY. I think that kinda of takes away from their first meeting at that train crash in Season II.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Is Bones REALLY that literal in her thinking, and seemingly incapable of understanding human emotion? I did chuckle at the "quota" of plans changed in a day line, and cringed at the pipe snake scene at the start. This one was pretty good, with just enough action and talking to keep it moving well.

JimJamBonds
01-22-2011, 02:12 PM
I liked it as well, as you said B-CJ a nice mix.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-02-2011, 12:29 AM
I don't think I've been as shocked by a TV show scene as much as I was at the opening sharpshooter one. This episode made me want to see the next one soon.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Is Bones REALLY that literal in her thinking, and seemingly incapable of understanding human emotion?Which part were you referring to? She can be that way quite often. I just remember that she didn't recognize that Hannah was avoiding her. That seems reasonable for someone to not pick up on.

I don't think I've been as shocked by a TV show scene as much as I was at the opening sharpshooter one. This episode made me want to see the next one soon.Yes, that was pretty freaky how it blew up the head like that.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-05-2011, 07:00 PM
There wasn't much to the Booth/Bones relationship until the closing scenes, aside from occasional references throughout, as I expected; but the "suggestive dialogue" rating was quite true. :rolleyes: I wasn't really surprised at who the accused suspect was. Next week: "Will he, or won't he?"

JimJamBonds
02-06-2011, 04:42 PM
This weeks episode should be interesting, although I think we all know how it will end up.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-07-2011, 07:09 AM
This weeks episode should be interesting, although I think we all know how it will end up.Yep; the "what's that mean?" line will play over the Fox fanfare music. :pleased:

Mad Slanted Powers
02-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Yep; the "what's that mean?" line will play over the Fox fanfare music. :pleased:Maybe they will change it up a bit and it will say, "What's THAT mean?"

JimJamBonds
02-10-2011, 10:12 PM
This weeks episode should be interesting, although I think we all know how it will end up.Yup I was right, that said I enjoyed the way the episode played out. I will say I did like the darker tone at the end of the episode when Booth was talking to Bones. I hope we get to see some of that in the future, at least until he gets over Hannah.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Not exactly how I thought it'd go. There was little about the "will he/won't he?" aspect until the end, which wasn't a bad thing. I agree, that the darker tone made it interesting, also for future episodes. But why'd he throw the no-refunds ring away? Ever hear of eBay or trade shows? :rolleyes:

Mad Slanted Powers
02-13-2011, 11:06 PM
I sure felt bad for the guy.

OC47150
02-14-2011, 06:35 PM
I keep forgetting it's back on. :sad:

JimJamBonds
02-14-2011, 06:42 PM
But why'd he throw the no-refunds ring away? Ever hear of eBay or trade shows? :rolleyes:Yeah I was thinking dude at least make some money off of that sucker!

Bel-Cam Jos
02-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Aside from the pathetic aspect of me as a single person watching a TV episode about Valentine's Day on DVR a day later, :( I enjoyed this one. Best part was the closing scene with Booth, Bones, and her gift to him (already loaded? really?). But waiting for three weeks for the newest one? Boooooo!!!!

JimJamBonds
02-18-2011, 10:21 PM
But waiting for three weeks for the newest one? Boooooo!!!!
Yeah they seem to rattle off a bunch of new epps and then take big breaks. Although from what I've read online apparently production wise they aren't that far ahead of what has been shown.

rrk2rivera
02-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Now days I am watching this show. Its good show and Really nice concept.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-12-2011, 10:26 AM
I found myself predicting most of the details before they happened (but like Hodges, had NO idea what the dad's name for the child would be :eek: )... the witness protection victim, where the rogue sniper would meet Booth, the result of the female former-soldier, Booth's rifle decision on the roof. Still, it was a good paced show, with just enough humor; like the show often is.

Next week's looks interesting.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Just last week we got a counterfeit $50 that was like that counterfeit $100 - it had a faint image of Lincoln off to the right instead of Grant. It's the right kind of paper, so the marker didn't reveal it to be a fake.

JimJamBonds
03-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I liked it although it was predictable and dawn out to make it a multi episode arc. So they knew the sniper guy would be on the roof, then why not go up there and arrest him? You still could have had a spotter in the other building watching him etc.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-12-2011, 01:01 PM
But they went to the wrong spot to begin with. If they had a spotter go to that same wrong spot, while they were in the wrong spot in the other building, then they really wouldn't have gained anything. I think Booth wanted to take care of this himself anyway.

JimJamBonds
03-12-2011, 01:03 PM
But they went to the wrong spot to begin with. If they had a spotter go to that same wrong spot, while they were in the wrong spot in the other building, then they really wouldn't have gained anything. I think Booth wanted to take care of this himself anyway.Well they'd still be on the phone all talking to each other and if you're in the building you're in the building. Sooner or later he'd need to go down to get out.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-19-2011, 10:08 AM
But waiting for three weeks for the newest one? Boooooo!!!!Yeah they seem to rattle off a bunch of new epps and then take big breaks. Although from what I've read online apparently production wise they aren't that far ahead of what has been shown.Another three-week hiatus? What, is there some national contest show that "everybody" watches more than a CSI anthropologist/FBI agent dramedy program? [whisper, whisper] Oh, yeah, right. ;) Then we get seven straight weeks of new ones! :thumbsup:

This one was surprisingly more emotional (Hodgins' test results, Booth's neighbor's dead husband's clothes on Sweets, Booth's/Bones' elevator discussions) than funny (trash diving for stadium seats, Tarzan Hodgins after the power surge). Seeing Bones giddy about corpses in "next week's" episode teaser looks fun.

OC47150
03-26-2011, 02:09 PM
The week I remember to record it, it's an ep I'd already seen!!

Mad Slanted Powers
03-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I started to watch it, then realized that it was a rerun.

OC47150
03-26-2011, 03:39 PM
I've noticed that TNT is showing the newer eps one week later. I wasn't near a recorder, so I couldn't record the ep where Bones and Booth were trapped in the elevator. I'll catch it in reruns.

JimJamBonds
03-31-2011, 09:53 PM
I read earlier today that Emily Deschnel (sp) aka Bones is preggers and will be having a kid later in the year, I wonder how that will effect the show.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-31-2011, 10:17 PM
I read earlier today that Emily Deschnel (sp) aka Bones is preggers and will be having a kid later in the year, I wonder how that will effect the show.Maybe a crime scene skeleton will date her and decide to take things to a more serious level?

Bel-Cam Jos
04-12-2011, 06:56 PM
New episode alert! This Thursday. I think...

JimJamBonds
04-13-2011, 08:17 AM
New episode alert! This Thursday. I think...Yup, I think its 7 new ones in a row.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I read earlier today that Emily Deschnel (sp) aka Bones is preggers and will be having a kid later in the year, I wonder how that will effect the show.Well, she was in a trenchcoat much of the show, and seldom shown from the front unless above the waist. I'll let viewers determine whether the yeti or chupacabra [sp?] was found to be real in this episode. I liked it overall, but the Step 9 confessions by the assistant were just weird.

JimJamBonds
04-15-2011, 09:30 PM
I liked it overall, but the Step 9 confessions by the assistant were just weird.I laughed that Mr. Nigel Murry had the same confession for the two women.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2011, 09:16 PM
I laughed that Mr. Nigel Murry had the same confession for the two women.Wasn't it three? (Bones, Angela, and the head of the dept. [forget her name])

Mad Slanted Powers
04-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Wasn't it three? (Bones, Angela, and the head of the dept. [forget her name])That would be Cam.

I was reading some comments on the Entertainment Weekly site earlier today, and was surprised to see how much people were unhappy with how the show has been lately.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-17-2011, 08:57 AM
That would be Cam.

I was reading some comments on the Entertainment Weekly site earlier today, and was surprised to see how much people were unhappy with how the show has been lately.Bel-? ;)

Well, I've been unhappy over the last three weeks of not having a show; does that count?

Mad Slanted Powers
04-17-2011, 01:38 PM
A lot of them didn't seem to like the Sweets character, and learning that he wrote this episode made it worse. They don't like how Brennan is being portrayed now.

JimJamBonds
04-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Wasn't it three? (Bones, Angela, and the head of the dept. [forget her name])Did he say the same to Angela as well? I don't remember that. I know he said something to Hodgings...funny nothing said to Booth.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-17-2011, 11:15 PM
That was why Hodgins gave him the "raccoon" treatment with the microscope.

JimJamBonds
04-18-2011, 01:53 PM
That was why Hodgins gave him the "raccoon" treatment with the microscope.
Didn't he give the reccoon treatment because Mr. Nigel Murry took something out of Jack's office?

On a slightly different note, I could have sworn that Hodgins called Nigel a name that was not his at one point in that episode.

JimJamBonds
04-22-2011, 08:37 PM
I knew that an upcoming episode was going to more or less be the pilot for a new show, but I didn't expect this! Yeah I sound stupid when I say this but there wasn't much of anybody from Bones in it!?!? WTF!?!

Ohh and "the finders" magic ability in finding Booth? His gf was about to have a kid, how much magic ability do you really need to find out what hospital she is staying in?

Bel-Cam Jos
04-23-2011, 12:10 PM
This was the most bizarre Bones I've ever seen, because of what JJB said. I was having flashbacks to the "Poochy" Simpsons episode. It was hard to follow, and I was never sure if a series character would show up in a scene or not. It wasn't bad, just confusing.

Ms. Deschanel didn't look "with child" at all, so I wonder when this one was filmed (quite a few outdoor and on-location scenes, too).

LTBasker
04-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Ohh and "the finders" magic ability in finding Booth? His gf was about to have a kid, how much magic ability do you really need to find out what hospital she is staying in?

Yeah, that was pretty stupid. Especially since they were probably paying it through insurance provided by the military, so it would've just been on the billing info? Regardless, that was the best episode of Bones I've seen since some of the earlier season episodes. 'Course, I don't think I've even seen a dozen episodes in total. I hope this does become its own show, though, it seemed like fun. Plus, Michael Clarke Duncan.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Was there anything to suggest that his finding Booth in the hospital was extraordinary? Even Bones pointed out to Booth that the fact that he waited until after he held his son was an indication that he let things slide.

I enjoyed the episode, and liked the new characters. I think all the regular characters were in the episode, and we saw them enough to know that they were in contact with the new characters and that they were all working on the case. I might watch the new series if it makes it onto the lineup.

sonofsokol
04-23-2011, 01:50 PM
My wife thought she recognized "the finder" guy so we looked him up on IMDB. Nothing really stood out to me, but if you go to his page (Geoff Stults) (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0836176/) it lists an Untitled Bones Spinoff Project (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839682/)in pre-production. Sounds like they will be basing a whole series on this guy and his magical skills. The actors who played Ike and Leo are also listed on the Project's IMDB page.

JimJamBonds
04-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Was there anything to suggest that his finding Booth in the hospital was extraordinary? Even Bones pointed out to Booth that the fact that he waited until after he held his son was an indication that he let things slide.In and of itself no there wasn't anything to suggest that finding Booth was extraordinary, but Booth said multiple times how this guy has the special 'finder powers' and let us know that that is how they 'met.'

I enjoyed the episode, and liked the new characters. I think all the regular characters were in the episode, and we saw them enough to know that they were in contact with the new characters and that they were all working on the case. I might watch the new series if it makes it onto the lineup.Was Sweets in the episode? I suppose if he was it was only for a brief scene or two like the rest of them.

I did like how Hodgins and the finder guy (can't recall his name) both shared that paranoia "trait."

Mad Slanted Powers
04-24-2011, 04:58 PM
I guess I can't recall if Sweets was, and none of the rotating interns were there that I noticed either.

JimJamBonds
04-24-2011, 10:11 PM
I guess I can't recall if Sweets was, and none of the rotating interns were there that I noticed either.No interns, that I remember.

JimJamBonds
04-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Was Sweets in the episode? I suppose if he was it was only for a brief scene or two like the rest of them.
Yes, JJB, yes he was in the episode. I think Sweets was the first to bring up the 'head trauma issue' with the finger guy.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-04-2011, 07:08 PM
The full, honest truth, eh? I was expecting more from the "I'll tell you after we solve this case" revelation. Bones is back to being pregnant once again.

JimJamBonds
05-04-2011, 10:28 PM
The full, honest truth, eh? I was expecting more from the "I'll tell you after we solve this case" revelation. Bones is back to being pregnant once again.
The full and honest truth didn't last all that long.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-09-2011, 07:22 PM
You know, this one with the deaf-uncommunicative girl had more "truth" in its subtleties. Brennan revealed more about herself and her "issues" than when pressed to be honest in the former one. A few "ahh!" moments (cop and knife at the start, Booth slugging the guy). I liked this one, and next week's teaser looks pretty good.

JimJamBonds
05-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Yeah, this weeks looks really good, I did some spoiler hunting months ago and new about what happens (although not to whom). Should be a solid end to the season.

JimJamBonds
05-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Good episode tonight, the million dollar question is "did they or didn't they?"

Bel-Cam Jos
05-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Good episode tonight, the million dollar question is "did they or didn't they?"I think it's "didn't."
I think the show did an excellent job of revealing "possible" hits during the sniper scene. While I didn't have much of a connection to whom was shot, the way the reminiscing went was also done excellently. I wonder if that will be the end of this story arc. Really good episode.

JimJamBonds
05-15-2011, 05:15 PM
I agree I think they "didn't." As soon as I saw Mr. Nigel Murry I knew he was going to die, going into the episode I thought it might be Daisy simply due to the fact she hasn't been in an episode in some time.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Well, for those who haven't seen the season finale yet, I won't answer it clearly. But I will say, there's a specific statement that confirms the "did/didn't" issue, plus Hodgins' and Angela's baby is born by the end. See it for yourself for the honest truth. :D

Mad Slanted Powers
05-20-2011, 12:40 AM
I like how the kid at the beginning got convinced to behave, the little brat.

JimJamBonds
05-20-2011, 02:55 PM
First off, I thought it was going to be the girl who killed that guy. I was so sure it was her I didn't pay any attention to the shoe guy.

Hodgelena's baby: is it wrong for a bit of me that wanted the kid to be blind? Not that I'm mean or cruel or I don't like those characters (I do) its just that I had the thought that would have opened up a whole new story line. With it not an issue we'll never hear about that again.

Now the biggie. Again, I didn't think she was preggers, I laughed at Max saying "there is something different." I read an interview with Hart Hanson (the creator) that said the writing staff had a big debate as to if B&B should be together at the end of the season. I wonder if they had them together because Emily aka Bones is preggers in real life???

Reguardless, I can't wait for season VII!!

Bel-Cam Jos
05-20-2011, 07:56 PM
"Yeah, Timmy Tantrum, you'll get 7-10 split up in the pin resetter if you don't behave!" :D

I thought about the girl, but while she was a spaz, I just didn't see her as a killer, accidentally or intentionally.

I was wondering if the child might eventually develop blindness, which I think would be more of a crushing blow to them, after their anxiety was abated at the birth.

Odd that I didn't think Bones looked all that pregnant in the last two shows. The trailer trash duo look of Buck and [insert Bones' psuedonym] was funny.

JimJamBonds
05-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Odd that I didn't think Bones looked all that pregnant in the last two shows. The trailer trash duo look of Buck and [insert Bones' psuedonym] was funny.Why were they so over the top with those characters? Seemed like they could have taken that down a notch or two.

Speaking of characters did anybody else think the other guy on the team (I don't recall his name) was pretty much ripping off The Jesus from The Big Lewbowski?

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Really? New season starts all the way into November? (Thu. 11/3, BTW) I don't wanna wait.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Really? New season starts all the way into November? (Thu. 11/3, BTW) I don't wanna wait.I also read in Entertainment Weekly that it will be a short season - six episodes in the fall and seven in the spring, after it lends its time slot to spin-off The Finder. I liked the episode with the Finder characters, so I will probably watch that as well. Another show in the same time slot is the new show Person of Interest, which premieres 9/22, so I will get a chance to see that without having to utilize the DVR.

OC47150
09-09-2011, 09:11 AM
It's called the World Series, BC.

JimJamBonds
09-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Really? New season starts all the way into November? (Thu. 11/3, BTW) I don't wanna wait.Its been that way the last couple of years.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-09-2011, 10:07 PM
It's called the World Series, BC.I know. That's also why the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror is never in October, too.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-09-2011, 07:32 PM
First episode of the new season was very funny. I like how this Booth/Bones relationship is going so far.

JimJamBonds
11-11-2011, 08:46 AM
I've liked the first two episodes so far, although in a weird sort of way I feel kinda 'cheated' by us not getting to see Booth/Bones tell everybody they were going to have a kid.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Well, that was the whole issue of Booth's frustrations with Bones; that she didin't realize the emotions associated with such announcements and plans. "Opie" vs. "Thurston" was fun, and seeing Finn be accepted into the team was nice (despite the heavy accent and colloquialisms, he could be a good addition). I think I was more grossed-out by the eating competition shots than the decomposing corpse shots.

JimJamBonds
11-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Well, that was the whole issue of Booth's frustrations with Bones; that she didin't realize the emotions associated with such announcements and plans. I'd been thinking about this and it doesn't totally make sense. On the one hand she is pretty much a straight shooter, just takes care of business so to speak. On the other hand her anthropology background would give her examples of why doing certain things together (like the ultra sound/telling people what the kid will be) while not 'needed' it is important in its own way....and yeah I know that anthro background also gives examples where it wouldn't be a big deal I know.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-14-2011, 01:18 AM
I like the new intern as well. He shall make a great addition to the rotating cast of interns.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-19-2011, 09:52 AM
This one was fun, but the case seemed to get swallowed up in all the other side stories, then rushed to solve at the end. I wondered if they'd take a shot at SW-type toy collectors at some point, but they stayed classy. :pleased:

JimJamBonds
11-19-2011, 06:05 PM
This one was fun, but the case seemed to get swallowed up in all the other side stories, then rushed to solve at the end. I wondered if they'd take a shot at SW-type toy collectors at some point, but they stayed classy. :pleased:
No, they let Chuck do that...(well not collectors but take a swipe at the prequels).

Bel-Cam Jos
12-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Another good one. Funny case scenarios. I chanllenge you to NOT cry by the end of the episode.

JimJamBonds
12-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Wha? I certainly didn't.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Okay, so maybe the "chanllenge" was less "challenging" than I intended. :rolleyes: But memories of a father seen most of his life as a waste of time and a failure, change to ones of joy and pleasantry weren't enough? Old photos, handmade father's day card, game tickets? Nothing? :cry:

JimJamBonds
12-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Doh! I forgot all about the end...sorry!

Mad Slanted Powers
12-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Okay, so maybe the "chanllenge" was less "challenging" than I intended. :rolleyes: But memories of a father seen most of his life as a waste of time and a failure, change to ones of joy and pleasantry weren't enough? Old photos, handmade father's day card, game tickets? Nothing? :cry:I just watched it and remembered your challenge just as I was starting to feel a little teary-eyed. Almost like the end of Field of Dreams.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-11-2011, 10:28 PM
I found this one frequently chuckle-worthy.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-14-2012, 09:34 AM
It was back on this week. Most odd mystery case in a long time, and I was wondering if this would be a solved-in-one-hour show or a to-be-continued one (I won't spoil the end to tell you which). All the little tricks and tests and suspects were grerat. I liked Bones' reaction to the new house, too.

JimJamBonds
01-15-2012, 07:16 PM
I forgot all about it being on an hour eariler so I missed it...and your post BCJ reminds me that I missed it! I wonder how many more new episodes there will be this season? I thought I read there would only be 7 (give or take) this year???

Bel-Cam Jos
02-25-2012, 09:18 AM
So, is this series ever going to resume? What, did a co-star have a baby or something? I certainly think that one newborn child's development and bonding aren't quite as important as a fictional medical/crime drama that MILLIONS of people watch. So selfish...

JimJamBonds
02-25-2012, 03:26 PM
I read something recently that it will be back...in April maybe? I"m with ya BCJ, baby shamby!

JimJamBonds
03-16-2012, 07:08 PM
I read something recently that it will be back...in April maybe?
Yup you're right JJB, it'll be back on April 2nd, which means the show is now on Monday's. I hope that doesn't conflict with HIMYM. If I recall correctly there will be 7 new episodes.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-03-2012, 12:32 AM
The prison brawl, with the inmates clearing for Bones, was clearly unrealistic, which made it even better! :rolleyes: Awesome way to bring Christine into the world. :pleased:

Mad Slanted Powers
04-03-2012, 01:16 AM
The prison brawl, with the inmates clearing for Bones, was clearly unrealistic, which made it even better! :rolleyes: Awesome way to bring Christine into the world. :pleased:
Will there be a spinoff called, The Old Adventures of New Christine ?

OC47150
04-03-2012, 03:10 PM
I only saw a few minutes of it (forgot it was on until I saw something in USA Today about it). It was the first time I'd watched it in over a year.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Funnies? Child in a cabinet drawer (breaking the company policy of children in the workplace), crime scene photos sent to daycare employees (then a return photo of diapers), shopping (with coupons) after arresting a criminal.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Blue Man episode was more about solving the case this time, as Bones' mommy separation issues seemed very standard fare.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-25-2012, 06:52 PM
I figured out Booth's son Parker's plan, but I was off on the specifics of how and what. The worm "autopsy" was fun, as well as the party by the end.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-01-2012, 07:16 PM
It was nice to see Ryan O'Neal again; I felt bad for his own "sins of the father" issues. I wouldn't have thought that a family feud storyline would be so funny.

Next week's teaser made me do a double-take, as I didn't recognize the two "leads" in it. Then I realized why. It looks like it should be fun.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-08-2012, 06:08 PM
And it was fun. I thought it was pre-baby at first. Silly and zany; just like Hollywood. :cool: :p

JimJamBonds
05-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah it was pretty good, usually I have a pretty good idea who the killer is but it wasn't until right before they said it that I figured it out.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-10-2012, 12:05 AM
I was half right: correct job, wrong gender.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Not funny at all; one of the most serious episodes in the series that I've seen. It's what I absolutely DISPISE about the "advances" in technology, made worse when we the audience know the truth, when "the system" believes otherwise. We'll see what the next one reveals (because I don't think this one was the season finale).

Mad Slanted Powers
05-15-2012, 11:40 PM
I think it was the season finale, though wikipedia says there are four more episodes that will air either this summer or as part of the next season.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Now, according to TV commercials and the Bones website, tomorrow is the new season's kickoff episode. But my DirecTV programming guide has the finale from last yearshowing in the 8pm FOX time slot. I'll not be at home either way, so we shall see what David Victor Robinson decides to place in my television history.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Now, according to TV commercials and the Bones website, tomorrow is the new season's kickoff episode. But my DirecTV programming guide has the finale from last yearshowing in the 8pm FOX time slot. I'll not be at home either way, so we shall see what David Victor Robinson decides to place in my television history.The Channels guide in the Sunday paper says "The Future in the Past" and has a description of "Brennan is accused of murder.". There is no (N) next to it indicating that it is new. My Comcast on screen guide has the same title and says that it is the season 8 premiere, with a description that fits.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2012, 08:25 PM
I saw that on the guide today, but some time last week, it had "The Past in the Present," with a description which matched last season's final episode. Weird. I have it set to record anyway; my luck, it'll be an American Idol, season 4 rerun or something.

JimJamBonds
09-18-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm "glad" I'm not the only one whose been confused about Bones. I thought the season finale was her giving birth in a barn yet during the Olympics I saw part of an episode with the baby and the same thing this past Friday. Why didn't they just start the season with those 4 episodes??? (maybe they filmed them after the season finale?)

OC47150
09-18-2012, 03:20 PM
I caught the last 15 minutes of last season's finale. First time I watched Bones in months. Hate that Fox keeps moving shows around so much.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-18-2012, 08:08 PM
I will simply say that I was surprised at how they ended the first episode (more about the 2-or-3-minutes-left part, actually) of this season, but not necessarily in a bad way. It was a good show, and very emotionally charged.

Now, how will the MLB playoffs mess with FOX's shows next month?

Mad Slanted Powers
09-18-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm "glad" I'm not the only one whose been confused about Bones. I thought the season finale was her giving birth in a barn yet during the Olympics I saw part of an episode with the baby and the same thing this past Friday. Why didn't they just start the season with those 4 episodes??? (maybe they filmed them after the season finale?)
Based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bones_(season_7), it looks like the birth was in the middle of last season (episode 7)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Back to more of the fun and witty Bones show, even with the seriousness of a relationship under strain.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Now, how will the MLB playoffs mess with FOX's shows next month?According to this week's next-week promo, we won't see Bones until November.

These past two episodes have been fun and funny, which is exactly the kind of light-hearted TV I prefer right now. Realistic, gritty shows don't do much for me at this time.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I haven't yet seen last week's show, but this week's one with Veterans' Day/9-11 themes was powerful, among the best in the series, IMHO. Keep a tissue handy. The promo hints at another funny one next time.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-13-2012, 01:04 AM
Indeed, a very moving episode. Also, it was cool to see all of those interns together.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Interesting how they brought in another crime scene worker for this week's show. I was wrong from the start on whodunnit. A few chuckle-worthy moments, plus the serious (sort of) relationship ones.

[edit] I finally watched the artisan colony episode today. I guessed the murderer early on and was surprised at how the team missed the most important clue.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-29-2012, 07:05 PM
A street artist gets stuck to the corpse of a dead stand-up comedian (played in video clips by Ralph Garman of KROQ radio fame). Peanut butter was involved.

JimJamBonds
12-03-2012, 08:50 PM
As much as I love Bones, its up against a show I like even more "How I Met Your Mother", HIMYM wins so I haven't seen Bones this season at all.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-04-2012, 07:44 PM
I alternate between taping (??) The Daily Show/Colbert Report and watching Bones on Mondays; I usually watch TDS/CR later. Not much else I regularly seek out on TV anymore. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
01-14-2013, 12:23 AM
First episode of 2013 airs tomorrow... with dancing!

Bel-Cam Jos
01-19-2013, 08:42 AM
Brennan sure is weird when she tries to interact with others in public (i.e. her "break the ice" story to the dance competitor). I was really wondering if Angie would be leaving the show (impossible without taking Hodgins, too).

JimJamBonds
01-19-2013, 08:12 PM
With Bones moving to the same time as How I Met Your Mother I haven't been watching the show, this past week with a rerun on HIMYM I tried watching Bones but it just seemed kinda "ehh."

Bel-Cam Jos
01-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Well, whenever Palante [sp?] is a part of the episode, it's creepy and nerve-racking. I can't recall ANY humor in this'n at all. It was tough to watch, and I was hoping he'd get caught and just end this disturbing arc. Did he? Watch your DVR and find out.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-02-2013, 08:17 PM
The video filming at the end of the episode didn't cause tears to form, but it was close. The rest of the show was okay.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-02-2013, 10:03 PM
The video filming at the end of the episode didn't cause tears to form, but it was close. The rest of the show was okay.
I thought it would be kind of funny for Christine to see her mom lurking in the background when she watches the video.

The next episode previews made me wonder, "didn't they already do a roller derby episode?"

JimJamBonds
02-04-2013, 09:56 PM
I thought it would be kind of funny for Christine to see her mom lurking in the background when she watches the video.

The next episode previews made me wonder, "didn't they already do a roller derby episode?"

No you're thinking of when they were carnies.....or were at that bowling tournament.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-05-2013, 12:35 AM
No you're thinking of when they were carnies.....or were at that bowling tournament.
No, I definitely remember a roller derby episode, but perhaps it was a different series. Maybe it was Chuck Psych.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Surprisingly, there wasn't much shown of the roller derby action. The girls' nicknames were punny good. I wasn't all that surprised with Booth's secret by the end.

JimJamBonds
02-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Why is Hodgen's now poor?

Mad Slanted Powers
02-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Why is Hodgen's now poor?
Pelant did something to drain their account a few episodes ago. They had to choose between saving their money or saving the kids at a school that a drone was about to destroy.

JimJamBonds
02-12-2013, 09:27 PM
I figured it was something like that, thanks.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-14-2013, 07:53 PM
So Bones died twice (or was it three times?) and saw her mom. I thought it was an ice bullet, but the blood one was even weirder. I was hoping it wasn't Palante again. The Sweets side stories are just getting sad now.

JimJamBonds
02-16-2013, 10:03 PM
The Sweets side stories are just getting sad now.

I didn't catch that part of the episode but what about him hooking up with that agent? They got along but he was with Daisy so nothing happened but he said if he were ever single...

Bel-Cam Jos
02-17-2013, 08:56 AM
It's just the typical sorry-to-hear-you're-coping-with-a-breakup talk, or he mopes about how things used to be, tries to ask out others who just want to do their jobs (i.e. the agent).

Bel-Cam Jos
02-19-2013, 08:19 PM
I was pleased to see Sweets get to do something this time, and even better that he felt good about the end results. I was wondering if they would have a PSA at the end, on the issue covered. It is sad that you can piece together an entire event by looking at photos (even if it did solve this crime) that seem to narrate their lives for others to see. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
02-26-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm not sure how well this new intern (name?) will (might?) fit in with the team, but it was fun to watch.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Not surprised that Cam and the intern are now known as a couple (not well hidden, anyway). I wondered if this would have an Invisible Children PSA after, but it was tough to watch sometimes, with the child soldiers angle. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
03-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Like a 7-day amoeba: no Bones this week.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-19-2013, 11:47 PM
I laughed with gusto at the 2 roommates' names! :D I really wasn't sure as to the killer's identity; this episode had more humor in it than lately.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-20-2013, 01:06 AM
I laughed with gusto at the 2 roommates' names! :D
Same here. That was hilarious.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Somewhere, I had read that this week was supposed to have an ending you won't see coming. Hmm... I called it once that character entered the storyline on-screen. Unless I missed something that didn't even happen; I guess I wouldn't see THAT coming. :rolleyes: But I found this both funny and eerie at the same times (a Strange Brew filmmaker romance, on-camera hamming-up, copkiller crimes, etc.); a pretty good mix.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Aside from the hot sauce side story, there wasn't much to interest me of this one. And there's a two-week wait for the next new one.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Booth's mom shows up after 24 years. Strippers as suspects. It was a pretty good episode, but didn't really connect to any previous ones. Next week's has the look of a season finale, from the promo; but it better not be Palante. :mad:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Next week's has the look of a season finale, from the promo; but it better not be Palante. :mad:It was. The part that I hate about Palante episodes is that it is not fictional; these crimes can actually occur today, with everyone's reliance on technology. It was a good story, but I saw too much of the recent Boston bombing scenarios/possibilities there. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
09-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Commercials show that next Mon. 9/16, the season premiere is on. Here's hoping to few Palante stories, unless it's like the one where they eliminated that one serial killer woman quickly in the season.

JimJamBonds
09-10-2013, 07:55 PM
I saw (part of) last seasons finale last night, seemed alright. I wish the show was on at a different time, since at 7 I'm watching How I Met Your Mother.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-11-2013, 08:04 PM
I saw (part of) last seasons finale last night, seemed alright. I wish the show was on at a different time, since at 7 I'm watching How I Met Your Mother.That's what VCR's and DVR's are for. Plus, these days a lot of shows are available on demand or online.

JimJamBonds
09-13-2013, 02:03 PM
That's what VCR's and DVR's are for. Plus, these days a lot of shows are available on demand or online.
I haven't used the first in god only knows how many years and I don't currently have the second. I know I can watch it online but I got too far behind to play catch up.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2013, 11:24 PM
This was a really good episode; very emotional (but not cry-worthy, just in a strained relationship way) and stressed, very in-depth, and confusing enough that I didn't see the crime details well. Have I said I hate Palante before? :mad: Next week's is another undercover one, which are always fun shows.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Look at the BONES! (I meant to post this before the show started.)

JimJamBonds
09-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Quite the shamless Fox plug by Hogins with his "I hope we have Sleepy Hollow on the dvr.." comment.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Quite the shamless Fox plug by Hogins with his "I hope we have Sleepy Hollow on the dvr.." comment.Yeah, I was going to mention that. I thought it was kind of funny the character they chose to deliver that line is probably the one that object the most to that sort of thing.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2013, 08:30 PM
I chuckled at that line, too. From its lameness, not to get me to watch it. Also liked the face-dive drink into the martini (or whatever that lawyer was drinking at lunch) before she was taken away in cuffs.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Really good episode tonight: tough to watch Cam's ID theft storyline, and Angela's lack of knowledge about Booth's can't-marry-Bones issue. But the undercover plot was funny, especially the sumo outfit scenes.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-30-2013, 11:42 PM
That was a rough episode; life in gang-infested neighborhoods is awful (TeeEye can attest to this), especially when kids are involved. :sad: One of the most shocking endings (well, just before the actual ending) in some time.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I'll wait until more people have had time to see/watch DVR of this most recent one before I comment. But I'll say that I experienced both shock and expectation with some of the plotlines.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-09-2013, 12:29 AM
I'll wait until more people have had time to see/watch DVR of this most recent one before I comment. But I'll say that I experienced both shock and expectation with some of the plotlines.My only complaint would be that he seemed to get taken out pretty easily when you consider how he had always been able to keep a step ahead of them. I suppose it goes to what was said earlier in the show. He figured he would either get what he wanted, or they would all die.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-09-2013, 06:37 PM
My mom, after she saw it, wondered if he was really even dead. Yeah, too easy. Sad about Flynn.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-14-2013, 11:27 PM
A very chuckle-full episode; liked it. Apparently, it's not that hard to capture a hawk in the wild and get it to stay un-anxious in a glass case.
Next week is the wed-ding! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Bel-Cam Jos
10-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Best Bones episode ever, IMHO. :D Funniest part had to be the interns' wedding garments. Enough appearances of past and current cast members (including one who sang a song), plenty of chuckle-worthiness (wedding pool comes to mind), and even the murder case was interesting.

No mention of when the next new episode will be, though.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Just saw a post on Facebook that says there will be new episodes on 11/4 and 11/11 before moving to Friday on 11/15.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-05-2013, 09:13 PM
I do not like the move to Fridays. Why not just call the show We Want It to Get Cancelled? :mad: Or, Old Bones Dry Up and Blow Away? :(

The honeymoon episode was cool and pretty humorous throughout; I did not see the criminal at all. I wonder if the show's crew got a nice trip abroad to enjoy themselves in between work.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-07-2013, 01:42 AM
I do not like the move to Fridays. Why not just call the show We Want It to Get Cancelled? :mad: Or, Old Bones Dry Up and Blow Away? :(

The honeymoon episode was cool and pretty humorous throughout; I did not see the criminal at all. I wonder if the show's crew got a nice trip abroad to enjoy themselves in between work.I don't mind the move so much. Friday has not been as busy of a TV night as in other recent years. I thought that the show was getting near the end of its run anyway.

I had a suspicion that she was the guilty one at the beginning. She seemed kind of defensive or something. But, then they did a bit of misdirection.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Loved the odd-but-somehow-makes-sense storyline with Hodgins' neck. That was Kathy Reichs, right, as Bones' writing rival (she just looked familiar to me)? The next jury duty one looks very funny.

JimJamBonds
11-12-2013, 08:43 PM
I flipped over to Bones after HIMYM was over, what the heck was that worm thingy in Hodgins neck?!?!?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-12-2013, 09:29 PM
He was bit by an insect that left a larva/egg in him, and he realized it would be harmless (:confused: ) to him and allowed it to come to "term." Funny that his once-pregnant wife was the person who helped it emerge.

JimJamBonds
11-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Ok, thanks. When I turned it on he was talking about being a male giving birth but I didn't know if this was because of some crazy idea he had or what.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-16-2013, 08:24 AM
I do not like the move to Fridays. Why not just call the show We Want It to Get Cancelled? :mad: Or, Old Bones Dry Up and Blow Away? :(Well, the world didn't end because a TV show got moved to a weekend night. Yet. :p I thought there'd be more made of Bones being a juror IN the courtroom or deliberation room. I guess she's a great artist, too. Still, pretty good. New twist in Cam's identity theft issue.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-23-2013, 01:39 PM
It was a pretty gross premise (people in school cafeteria food :( ). Trying to make the arrogant, annoying intern more humane? Hmm... and a possible "thing" between he and Daisy? The "cowboy" bar part was quite funny.

No episode during next Thanksgiving week. No surprise there.

JimJamBonds
11-26-2013, 08:09 PM
I watched Friday's episode...ehh. Not that it was bad but something about that show just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-07-2013, 10:14 AM
I liked this pace: an uncertain killer until close to the very end (with several of the suspects still "in the running" by then, too), Bones' "eccentricities" as part of solving the case, Cam's identity theft moral issues. "People stuff" on the pen... heh heh. And an Internet meme appeared... smirkless! :eek: ;)

p.s. That was the last new episode until 2014.

JimJamBonds
12-10-2013, 09:10 PM
... an uncertain killer until close to the very end (with several of the suspects still "in the running" by then, too)...
That is sort of every episode.

I missed the first couple minutes did what happened to Cam happen in an earlier episode?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-12-2013, 07:38 PM
That is sort of every episode.

I missed the first couple minutes did what happened to Cam happen in an earlier episode?Well, some episodes have seemed to be less "uncertain" to me.

She found out through Angie's computer sleuthing, that a former friend and roommate had been the one who stole her identity. Did you see the part with the punch in this recent episode?

JimJamBonds
12-16-2013, 08:05 PM
She found out through Angie's computer sleuthing, that a former friend and roommate had been the one who stole her identity. Did you see the part with the punch in this recent episode?
No I didn't. Who did she punch?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-16-2013, 09:00 PM
No I didn't. Who did she punch?
She punched the woman who stole her identity.

JimJamBonds
12-17-2013, 09:16 PM
She punched the woman who stole her identity.Was that when Cam was talking to her in jail?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Was that when Cam was talking to her in jail?
I think it was when they were first bringing her in. Booth suggested she not confront her, but she had to ask her why she did it. She did not like the answer she got, and then she hit her.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Yes, Cam found out that she could increase the penalties for her friend's identity theft crimes, but was talked into taking the high road by her boyfriend. Then, when the former friend asked if she was here to hit her again, plus some other words, Cam just left the prison waiting room angry but not bitter.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Bones has returned!

I saw that Palante [sp?] was to be part of this one, but with a title of "Ghost Killer," I hoped it would involve flashbacks or something. Very well-done episode, with more questions than answers by the end.

JimJamBonds
01-11-2014, 06:46 PM
I thought it was the sister who did it but since this is a larger story arc I'm guessing it wasn't her.

I read someplace that there will be a cliffhanger ending to this season, I'm guessing it will involve the Ghost Killer.

JimJamBonds
01-14-2014, 09:04 PM
The Gravedigger episode was on tonight and man was that a good episode. A little bit of everything was in it.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Oops: forgot to watch. Double-oops: forgot to DVR it. :(