PDA

View Full Version : Susan Boyle: surprising worldwide phenomenon!

JEDIpartner
04-15-2009, 12:43 PM
CLICK FOR VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PPlkOyaqaQ)

Okay... I admit that I love this woman. She wanted a chance to sing and she got it-- just not before she got looks of dismissal and loads of eye-rolling. This unassuming woman has a voice from God. I champion people like her as they are the most surprising, most caring and most human of our society.

Within the first couple notes of her performance, I started to tear up from joy and the sheer beauty of her voice.

:love:

sith_killer_99
04-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Awesome!:thumbsup:

pegger
04-15-2009, 05:31 PM
This was incredible. My jaw dropped when I saw it.

bobafrett
04-15-2009, 05:39 PM
That's the lady on the Brittan talent show, correct? I heard them mention it on a local a.m. radio show, and they were talking about not judging a book by it's cover.

bigbarada
04-15-2009, 05:47 PM
The video isn't playing for me, it locks up just before she starts to sing. :upset: Probably too many people watching it, so I'll try again later.

mtriv73
04-15-2009, 05:51 PM
I just heard it on NPR, (they frown on youtube here at work, yet they don't mind ssg...go figure.) At any rate, she is amazing. Absolutely amazing and angelic voice.

bigbarada
04-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Okay, I finally got it to download, that was pretty amazing. :yes:

Rocketboy
04-15-2009, 09:57 PM
It was like a cross between Fergie and God. For a minute I think she turned into a unicorn.

sebillba
04-16-2009, 02:11 AM
I was watching this show and she really was a revelation. I never thought she'd become worldwide news though! The same thing happened on this show a couple of years ago when Paul Potts walked on. What was really sad was, before she sang, she was talking behind the scenes about her life, and said she'd never been kissed... her life's bound to change now, I hope this part changes too!

Old Fossil
04-16-2009, 09:47 AM
A beautiful soul, with a voice to match.:love:

El Chuxter
04-16-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm withholding judgment until I hear her sing "It's Raining Men."

mtriv73
04-16-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm withholding judgment until I hear her sing "It's Raining Men."

I saw on VH1 last week that one of the ladies who sang it's Raining Men (Martha Wash) also sang for that C&C music factory song Gonna make you Sweat. She was replaced in the video by Zelma Davis who was a few pounds lighter (like 100+,) younger, and prettier. Personally, I don't care what singers look like, just how they sound. I hope Susan Boyle can get all the success her talent can earn her without having to put up with this kind of BS.

JEDIpartner
04-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Stop now. :frus:

Seriously, though... I'm so thrilled to see that she has gotten such an overwhelmingly positive response from pretty much every person on the internet. I found her to be so lovely and gentle and also a little sad. I can't stand the thought of the children in her village verbally assaulting her.

I really love people like her and, to be quite honest, I probably go out of my way to make friends with people who are downtrodden because I think the world has sold these people short. So many of them, despite the damage they have suffered, have so many wonderful and unrecongnised talents whether it is in the arts or on a more interpersonal level.

I admit that I tear up every time I watch the video. She's the voice of all the people who've been told they "can't" for whatever reason and she's doing it for all of us.

Go Susan, Go!!!!

Without even needing to finish the competition, Cowell is reportedly signing her to his own label. Even though she's probably not going to make the sort of music I really enjoy listening to over and over, I will likely buy the disc or legally download it just to show my support.

I saw on VH1 last week that one of the ladies who sang it's Raining Men (Martha Wash) also sang for that C&C music factory song Gonna make you Sweat. She was replaced in the video by Zelma Davis who was a few pounds lighter (like 100+,) younger, and prettier. Personally, I don't care what singers look like, just how they sound. I hope Susan Boyle can get all the success her talent can earn her without having to put up with this kind of BS.

I know... she was also the voice on the first Black Box CD, "Dreamland" (aside from the track that sampled Loleatta Holloway's "Love Sensation"). Again... they had some exotic little twig miming to Martha's vocals!

sebillba
04-16-2009, 02:33 PM
As impressed as I was by this lady, for me, the highlight of the show was this father and son act - the Greek Riverdance! Again, everyone thought they'd be a waste of space, but they were hilarious! Check them out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4fPHt0FjEU

bobafrett
04-16-2009, 05:34 PM
As impressed as I was by this lady, for me, the highlight of the show was this father and son act - the Greek Riverdance! Again, everyone thought they'd be a waste of space, but they were hilarious! Check them out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4fPHt0FjEU

That was great, I was caught totaly off guard!

sith_killer_99
04-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Glenn Beck had this on his program today.:thumbsup:

bigbarada
04-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Glenn Beck had this on his program today.:thumbsup:

I think everybody had it on their show today. Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly both talked about this. I didn't catch Glenn Beck today, but they should be replaying his show soon.

Anyways, I don't think I'm going to get tired of watching this video for a while. Thanks for the heads up, JP! :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
04-17-2009, 09:22 AM
No troubles, mister!

I've watched this several more times since my last post. I bow to Susan Boyle!

Blue2th
04-17-2009, 11:21 AM
You just never know. There is gold in the most unlikely places. Someone you might know who is not beautiful to look at might have the most awesome beauty hidden inside.

Poor thing, never been kissed, with just her kitty cat. :cry: All the lonely people.

I'm sure there's plenty of old English tunes from days long ago that her angelic voice would lift hearts singing. The one she sang so beautifully reminds me of an old church hymn. I don't think it was a modern tune.

JEDIpartner
04-17-2009, 04:31 PM
The song was "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables.

sith_killer_99
11-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Well, I downloaded (iTunes) a couple of songs from Susan Boyle's new album, "I Dreamed A Dream" OBVIOUSLY...and "Daydream Believer" I plan to get the rest as well.

Good stuff!:thumbsup:

Who else bought her music?:D

El Chuxter
11-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm not at all making a judgment call here, since I think she has a beautiful voice, but I find it interesting that this was the #1 pre-ordered CD in Amazon.com's history, but it's a type of music most people don't usually profess to have an interest in.

2-1B
11-23-2009, 10:31 PM
I think I can explain part of it Chux...but I don't want to sound mean.

sith_killer_99
11-24-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm not at all making a judgment call here, since I think she has a beautiful voice, but I find it interesting that this was the #1 pre-ordered CD in Amazon.com's history, but it's a type of music most people don't usually profess to have an interest in.

Well, "Daydream Believer" happens to be on my top 500 of all time list.:p

I get what your saying though. She's kinda like Christie Lane, beautiful singer, but not for most people. Every now and then though it is nice to pull it out and give a listen.

I also want to get "Silent Night" for the upcoming Christmas holiday season.:yes:

Personally, I have always hated "Wild Horses".:rolleyes: