PDA

View Full Version : Wave 6 ESB

DarkJedi5
04-16-2009, 07:02 PM
I didn't see the thread for this wave, it may have been removed, but I have been told that this wave has hit the pegs in my area (though I've yet to see it) so good luck hunting all!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=39064) is the other thread. I'm looking forward to getting these figures.

DarkJedi5
04-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Sorry my settings were messed up so I couldn't find it cause no one had used it in so long. This thread should be moved into that one.

DarkJedi5
04-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Was over at hasbrotoyshop.com and saw that they had this wave up on the site. However, it looks like they won't ship until 5/11 but it looked like all six figures were available to order and even with shipping I think it's cheaper than my local Target.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Was over at hasbrotoyshop.com and saw that they had this wave up on the site. However, it looks like they won't ship until 5/11 but it looked like all six figures were available to order and even with shipping I think it's cheaper than my local Target.
Really? They're $7.99 up there, which is around what most stores are asking or even a bit more. Does anyone have a discount code? If not, then I'll just wait for them in stores.

Snowtrooper
04-20-2009, 10:37 PM
The only two codes that I'm aware of are SW2009 & SMILE8. However, if you've used them already once this year, they wont work a second time. I would have ordered if one of these codes would have worked, but the shipping and tax just made it too much. I'll wait to get them in the stores.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-21-2009, 12:31 AM
The only two codes that I'm aware of are SW2009 & SMILE8. However, if you've used them already once this year, they wont work a second time. I would have ordered if one of these codes would have worked, but the shipping and tax just made it too much. I'll wait to get them in the stores.
Thanks for those. SW2009 looks to be 10% off and the other one isn't working for me. It's still $55.31, or a few bucks more than it'll be in stores after tax, so I can wait.

Devo
04-21-2009, 09:10 AM
No one site appears to list both variations of either the ugnaught or the Hoth trooper. Pain in the backside having to order from seperate places.

I might wait till they hit retail and see which ones I happen to find.

sebillba
04-21-2009, 09:39 AM
StarActionFigures give you the option of adding the variants to your order, but he doesn't really know if they'll be coming at the same time. I told him I'd heard they were supposed to be a running change, and might be carried over to the next wave, and he said that while this sometimes happens in the States, he's not known it happen in the UK, so he's quite hopeful we'll get them all together. I'm not holding my breath on this, but have ordered them anyway, and will just get the second versions from ebay later if I have to.

Val Da Car
04-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Found them yesterday at Target (Wisconsin)

DarkJedi5
04-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Found them yesterday at Target (Wisconsin)

Did the Hoth trooper have the softgoods skirt/jacket bottom or were they the limited release that had that part left off?

DarkArtist
04-21-2009, 02:15 PM
just placed my order for this wave at HTS. hopefully they arrive around 5/11 or so. can't wait.

Devo
04-21-2009, 02:54 PM
:mad: Well, in any case I can't place any orders at all right now - my card got hacked - not long after I used it to order the Scramble on Yavin battlepack from Forbidden planet international today. So there goes that order. I've been emailing around hoping I can retain my existing preorders with various sites until I get my new card - theres a few things I definitely don't wanna lose out on. Don't see there being a problem with it though - most sites have a 'change credit card' option anyway.

sebillba
04-21-2009, 03:03 PM
That really sucks, and it seems to be happening a lot... my partner's card was hacked a little while ago - an account that never gets used, and it took ages to sort out. And not so long ago, I noticed a pending charge on my credit card to i-tunes, which I don't use - it's a good job I check it regularly. It was blocked straight away, and thankfully I have a back-up card. Hope you get yours sorted soon.

OC47150
04-21-2009, 08:32 PM
If anyone's opened a Captain Needa, is his hat removable or molded on?

Snowtrooper
04-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Over on Yakface, they had some new pics of the Emperor from this wave. I have to admit, I'm liking this one more than when I initially saw it. These pics don't show the hood being quite so large as the earlier ones did.

They also had a bunch of pics of Captain Needa and they didn't show any of them without his hat. So I kinda assume that its molded on. It looks to be a pretty good figure too.

pbarnard
04-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Is he accepting apologies for the molded on hat; if it's molded on?

Devo
04-23-2009, 02:23 PM
My CC exposure came from ForbiddenPlanet.co.uk by the looks of it. I would advise people not to use them.

sebillba
04-23-2009, 04:06 PM
I ordered the Yavin BP from them this evening... I'll keep a close eye on my account.

Devo
04-23-2009, 08:43 PM
The very thing that I ordered aswell! I'm sure that little coincidence won't play into it but you'd best keep watch alright. Not sure how I'll get the Yavin Bp now as that was the only place that seems to have it listed. BBTS sold out of preorders. I'll be kicking myself if I can't get that set.

Snowtrooper
04-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Is he accepting apologies for the molded on hat; if it's molded on?

After being force choked by Vader, I don't think he even wants to hear the word apology.:D

tagmac
04-24-2009, 04:38 PM
All six are still up for preorder on HTS! Just preordered mine (except for the Emperor).

Old Fossil
04-24-2009, 05:40 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think I'm gonna skip this wave entirely, at least until they clearance. Many of these figures are gonna pegwarm real, real good.

OC47150
04-26-2009, 07:01 PM
If anyone's opened a Captain Needa, is his hat removable or molded on?

The hat does come off!!

http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/html/TLC/basicfigures/40.html

Snowtrooper
04-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Well thats a little irritating.....not the hat coming off. When I looked at these pictures earlier, they didn't show any of them with his hat off so I kinda assumed that it was molded on. My reputation has been irrevocably damaged!!!! :( :mad: :upset:

DarkJedi5
04-27-2009, 02:14 PM
No worries snowtrooper, those pics weren't there when I looked either, I just didn't type anything. I wonder why they didn't include the hatless pics in the first place?

JEDIpartner
04-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Yes... Needa has a removable hat. The new body sculpt also allows for rank badges to be glued onto the form rather than have them be wrong on future releases.

Luke's got those crazy multi-jointed hips!!!!

I hate to say this... but I think this might really be the nicest Emperor yet-- despite the overly dramatic paint apps on his face.

OC47150
04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
You're forgiven, Snowtrooper, but if it happens again... :twisted: Just joking.

Glad to hear Needa is a new mold.

DarkJedi5
04-27-2009, 06:39 PM
I hate to say this... but I think this might really be the nicest Emperor yet-- despite the overly dramatic paint apps on his face.

Yeah, the hood looks pretty good, I wonder if it would work on some of the other Palpatine head sculpts I've got?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Luke's got those crazy multi-jointed hips!!!!
That's because he's based on the tiny VOTC Luke. I still don't have any of this wave, but I've seen pictures to confirm this.

DarkJedi5
04-27-2009, 06:51 PM
That's because he's based on the tiny VOTC Luke. I still don't have any of this wave, but I've seen pictures to confirm this.

This one makes it pretty clear:

http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/ActionFigures/TLC/BD38/lf17.html

Devo
04-28-2009, 10:49 AM
:rolleyes: he looks better without the robe. Pity hes useless that way.

JEDIpartner
04-28-2009, 09:00 PM

Portions of it definitely are. The lower legs, forearms and head are not.

Leia from this wave looks like a painted pig. Head is too big for the body and she's got thick eyebrows that are arched too high and big pink blotches on her cheeks.

figrin bran
04-30-2009, 11:05 AM
All six are still up for preorder on HTS! Just preordered mine (except for the Emperor).

They're in stock now except for the Hoth Trooper

Use the "SW2009" code to save 10% which will bring the figures down to $7.19 each. However, you can only use it once per HTS account, apparently.

DarkJedi5
04-30-2009, 11:32 AM
My order shipped today, they should arrive next Friday.

DarkArtist
05-01-2009, 10:32 AM
got my confirmation that my order shipped from HTS.... can't wait to see them out of the package. really looking forward to seeing how the "Monkey Face" Emperor came out.

figrin bran
05-01-2009, 10:57 AM
got my confirmation that my order shipped from HTS.... can't wait to see them out of the package. really looking forward to seeing how the "Monkey Face" Emperor came out.

Let us know how he turns out, if you can. That's one reason why I didn't order him from HTS as I'll just wait to see him at retail before making a decision to purchase or not.

JEDIpartner
05-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Let us know how he turns out, if you can. That's one reason why I didn't order him from HTS as I'll just wait to see him at retail before making a decision to purchase or not.

Didn't I say that this is actually really good? I think I already posted this!!! Don't you people trust me??!!!!! :mad:

DarkJedi5
05-01-2009, 03:21 PM

Didn't I say that this is actually really good? I think I already posted this!!! Don't you people trust me??!!!!! :mad:

Yes you did! And I trust you, it was your opinion that talked me into getting one.

DarkArtist
05-01-2009, 04:35 PM

i listened also JP hence why I too bought this figure.

Well my order arrived today which caught me by surprise since i wasn't expecting it till sometime next week.

so the Emperor is actually a really awesome version of the Sith Lord, perhaps Hasbro really listened and gave us the Emperor we have been waiting for. the body is a Evolutions Emperor with new sculpted face and hood take actually works really well (a thousand times better than the Saga Emperor). Overall B+

Captain Needa's hat is indeed removable. he suffers from the wide stance similiar to Moff Jerjerrod but still a nice figure to add to the collection of Imperial Officers. Overall B

Luke Skywalker Medical Frigate - what can I say that hasn't already been said he's ok but still the soft goods kill the figure and make it rather wierd. the robe covers up the prosthetic hand and including Anakin's lightsaber (the correct version not aotc or Vader's) is strange..would rather have seen them include perhaps a blaster and or maybe Luke's ROTJ lightsaber. I believe he also comes with a medical tool similiar to a pack in with the Saga Lobot. Overall C

Princess Leia Medical Frigate - Votc Body with new sculpted Head which really looks nice, comes with a stormtrooper blaster. not much to say about her so overall i'd give her a B

Hoth Solider - great figure awesome detail and nice addition of a soft goods skirt for possibility. comes with assualt cannon, blaster, backpack, and a removable helmet - definate major improvement from the last Saga version or repainted TAC Derlin figure. A+

Ugnaught - cool looking figure, almost as tall as Leia which is wierd, I always pictured these guys alot smaller. comes with Carbon Freezing control panel and tool kit. Overall B - improvement over POTF ugnaughts,

U-3PO - build a droid - nice addition to the Bespin Line-up and the build a droid series, basically a silver painted Threepio.

DarkArtist
05-01-2009, 04:39 PM
here's some pics of the Hoth Solider and Ugnaught

DarkArtist
05-01-2009, 04:41 PM
here's pics of Leia and Luke and U-3PO

DarkArtist
05-01-2009, 04:43 PM
and a couple of Group shots of the wave

Droid
05-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks for posting that! I think I'll pass on all but Needa!

El Chuxter
05-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Aside from the skin tone, Leia looks more like Condoleeza Rice than Carrie Fisher.

Blue2th
05-01-2009, 11:16 PM
The build-a-droid looks the best. Too bad I have to buy all of them to get him. :ermm:

That new Emperor just looks horrid. This is suppose to be an improvement over the Evolutions one?

sebillba
05-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Princess Leia Medical Frigate - Votc Body with new sculpted Head which really looks nice, comes with a stormtrooper blaster. not much to say about her so overall i'd give her a B

She's also got new elbows - ball jointed, instead of swivel, like on VOTC, so I might do a head swap when I eventually get this wave.

DarkArtist
05-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks for posting that! I think I'll pass on all but Needa!

Droid the Hoth Solider is a really great figure, the best of the Hoth Rebels we have had to date. I would seriously consider picking one of if you see him. I looking forward to army building both versions of the figure once the variant chase is released.

AmanaMatt
05-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the pics

I'll be getting the Ugnaught, the Hoth Trooper, Needa but that's it. Rest of wave = pass...!\

I am growing tired of Hasbro and these wide stanced imperials all the time....jezzus! Their darn comic packs are higher quality that the single figures these days

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-02-2009, 07:29 PM
How's U-3PO size-wise compared to C-3PO?

Slicker
05-03-2009, 04:10 AM
My wave of this just shipped from Brians Toys (actually, I think it's at home already).

DarkArtist
05-03-2009, 10:35 AM
How's U-3PO size-wise compared to C-3PO?

I'm not a 100% sure on the size but I would imagine that he is the same size as the rest of the Build A Droid protocol's which were in scale to Threepio. I haven't had a chance to unpack any of my figures yet so like I said I can't be sure.

Obsession is Nute
05-03-2009, 03:18 PM
The wave looks pretty good. I liked the Liea = Condolezza Rice comment, because the resemblence is uncanny! I would personally like to see a definitive ANH Liea, but oh well...

I am really liking the look of the Hoth trooper, it looks like they put a great deal of time and thought into making him poseable. Good mold.

I am also liking the finalized Emperor. Maybe they made a new head mold, last second, after the negative reception of the "monkey faced" version? He looks much better. Still not the definitive Palpatine, but a better one than most. I am still going to use my 1996 saltshaker Palpatine, I don't think Hasbro has been able to beat that face mold and have realistic cloth robes, IMO.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Does U-3PO have articulated elbows? I can't tell for sure in the picture.

figrin bran
05-04-2009, 01:37 AM
HTS has Hoth Troopers up for pre order.

I just ordered two so all I need to find at retail is Needa.

DarkJedi5
05-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Does U-3PO have articulated elbows? I can't tell for sure in the picture.

I don't have the figure but I'm pretty sure it's the same ball jointed elbows we've seen on all the BaD protocol droids.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm guessing it probably is articulated, but it doesn't have the same arms. The sculpting the 3PO droid arms is different than the RA droids. This will be significant in giving us a 3PO with articulated elbows. I think the only one to have that is the Clone Wars animated version. Hopefully they'll make a new C-3PO based on this.

DarkJedi5
05-04-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm guessing it probably is articulated, but it doesn't have the same arms. The sculpting the 3PO droid arms is different than the RA droids. This will be significant in giving us a 3PO with articulated elbows. I think the only one to have that is the Clone Wars animated version. Hopefully they'll make a new C-3PO based on this.

I'm not going to say never but I read this in the Q&A over at The Private Universe (http://www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk/cgi-bin/showarticle.pl?section=news&articleid=4183) and it seemed to kill the idea of an SA 3PO:

Q2. The Clone Wars C-3PO is great! The most poseable version yet. Are you going to make a SA classic version of him anytime? Even if it's not in totally shiny gold finish as the others have been.

A2. One of the challengers has been getting the vac metal finish right on C-3PO in the Saga/Legacy line, because to nail the finish we cannot use the kind of plastic that lends itself to insert-molder joints. So it's either one or the other, and in our discussions with Lucasfilm the need to
have the shiny gold finished has always prevailed. So the current "Endor Throne" version of C-3PO is probably about as good as it will get for a realistic C-3PO.

bigbarada
05-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm not going to say never but I read this in the Q&A over at The Private Universe (http://www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk/cgi-bin/showarticle.pl?section=news&articleid=4183) and it seemed to kill the idea of an SA 3PO:

Q2. The Clone Wars C-3PO is great! The most poseable version yet. Are you going to make a SA classic version of him anytime? Even if it's not in totally shiny gold finish as the others have been.

A2. One of the challengers has been getting the vac metal finish right on C-3PO in the Saga/Legacy line, because to nail the finish we cannot use the kind of plastic that lends itself to insert-molder joints. So it's either one or the other, and in our discussions with Lucasfilm the need to
have the shiny gold finished has always prevailed. So the current "Endor Throne" version of C-3PO is probably about as good as it will get for a realistic C-3PO.

That stinks. It doesn't really make a lot of sense either, since it's not 100% screen accurate even for the OT. In ROTJ, Threepio definitely has more of a brushed metal finish than gold chrome throughout the movie. I would think that a shiny metallic paint would go a long way towards recreating that finish in toy form.

I guess this just means that we have to hope for some big technological breakthrough in vac-metalization within the next few years.

El Chuxter
05-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Pretty silly, since one of the nicer overall C-3PO's was the one that came with the escape pod, and he wasn't shiny.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Pretty silly, since one of the nicer overall C-3PO's was the one that came with the escape pod, and he wasn't shiny.Actually, I didn't like that one much at all, and the others in the
Character by Character Study (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=40272) thread seemed to agree. However, I do agree that it's a rather silly reason to not make an SA C-3PO.

DarkJedi5
05-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Got this whole wave today and it's great! I even doubled up on the Ugnaughts and Hoth troopers for a little army building and depending on what other trooper heads I can swap onto the trooper body I may buy even more. I am a little disappointed with the troopers deployed cannon. It's one moulded plastic piece and is very rubbery. Both of mine will take some boiling to straighten out all the legs, feet, scopes, etc. Probably buy another Leia just to put my votc head on a completely SA body.

TheDarthVader
05-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Have not found any of these at any of my retail stores. The ones I want are luke, leia, and needa. I would get a hoth soldier, but then I would want a bunch of him and that would be too much dinero.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Wal-Mart's pegs are full of mostly Clone Wars figures. No room to put the new wave. Target had a bit more room, but nothing new there either. I might just decide to order these from Hasbro or EE.

JetsAndHeels
05-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Hasbro toyshop has Leia and the Emperor back in stock, so I went ahead and ordered them. In addition to my order last night, I now have the entire ESB wave except for the ugnaught.

El Chuxter
05-08-2009, 08:19 AM
Fifty bucks says the preceding spam message won't be here by the end of the day.

JetsAndHeels
05-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Fifty bucks says the preceding spam message won't be here by the end of the day.

Mmm....Spam.

Staying on topic...Hasbro toyshop emailed me saying my figures have shipped. The only one that will be delayed is the Hoth Trooper.

Slicker
05-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Spammers are teh ghey.

Cane_Adiss
05-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Anyone from PA find these yet in the wild? Really looking forward to the new Emperor and Ugnaughts. Have both Ugnaughts and Hoth Troopers been found anywhere? Or are they going to be "Greatest Hits" figures for later waves? Really want the whole wave!

DarkJedi5
05-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Anyone from PA find these yet in the wild? Really looking forward to the new Emperor and Ugnaughts. Have both Ugnaughts and Hoth Troopers been found anywhere? Or are they going to be "Greatest Hits" figures for later waves? Really want the whole wave!

I think what I read was that they will change over towards the end of this wave and it will be carried forward into the next wave with the new droid parts from the AOTC wave. My guess is it will be a couple months before the other trooper and ugnaught turn up.

figrin bran
05-08-2009, 11:52 PM
I just got my Luke, Leia and Ugnaught in a box from HTS today. Still waiting on them for 2 Hoth Troopers. Needa I'm going to hunt for at retail and Palpy I will take a pass on. Which means I'll need to buy a Kashyykk Trooper to complete the droid.

Of the three I got, I think the Ugnaught was the best figure!

For the U3PO pieces, take note when you get them as some are silver while others are "champagne". If you're a stickler for your droid being the same color throughout, keep this in mind.

jonthejedi
05-09-2009, 05:10 AM
Cane, from what I've been following...the initial shipment of Empire Legacy started in LA & Seattle on the west coast...and died sometime around when Ohio got them. I don't know or understand what happened to distribution in the eastern states.

JetsAndHeels
05-09-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't know or understand what happened to distribution in the eastern states.

We have no distribution lol....that is why Hasbro toyshop is my best option.

jonthejedi
05-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Yeah...I wish I'd have ordered them when they were ALL in stock. I don't open in most cases, and I hate not being able to check paint aps, pkg. condition, etc.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Seems like every time I check there are different ones out of stock. Right now the Emperor and Hoth Rebel are out. I was about to order the rest, but I think I'll wait a bit longer.

Obsession is Nute
05-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Cane, from what I've been following...the initial shipment of Empire Legacy started in LA & Seattle on the west coast...and died sometime around when Ohio got them. I don't know or understand what happened to distribution in the eastern states.

They must have skipped over Iowa, too. Our shelves are barren...or loaded with crap from Clone Wars and Legends. Gonna make a run this afternoon to the farthest suburbs and see what I can find.

AmanaMatt
05-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Found the wave today at my local Walmart - got all except for Leia and Emperor - simple head swaps = pass

Very happy with Ugnaught
Happy with Rebel trooper - weird left leg lends it to be a one pose wonder
Imperial - decent fig with W I D E stance....nice snug hat- fits perfectly
Luke - looks like Hamill - ok, but boring figure

DarkJedi5
05-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Found the wave today at my local Walmart - got all except for Leia and Emperor - simple head swaps = pass

Very happy with Ugnaught
Happy with Rebel trooper - weird left leg lends it to be a one pose wonder
Imperial - decent fig with W I D E stance....nice snug hat- fits perfectly
Luke - looks like Hamill - ok, but boring figure

To be fair Leia is not just a head swap, they added ball jointed arms. I was going to pick up an extra just to swap heads and make my ANH Leia SA.

AmanaMatt
05-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Good to know about Leia!

obi-dad
05-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I received my box from HTS on Monday with all figures but the Hoth trooper. I've heard a LOT of complaining about this wave, but I really like it. It's much better in person and Luke's robe isn't as bad as it looked in pics. The belt could be a little thinner, it wouldn't hurt for Needa's stance to be a little less wide, but over all very cool. I love the Ugnaught and his robe is colored much better than in pics... it was a bright "cartoony" looking color in pics, but the finished robe is darker and looks much better. I got 2 of them and waiting on 3 HR Troopers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Today I saw the repacked troopers that are in one of the revision cases, but none of the actual new figures from this wave . . . I did finally get a Kit Fisto, though, so it wasn't all bad.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Found these figures this morning at my local wally world and picked up Luke, Leia, Needa, and the first Ugnaught (the one without the horns). I already have the Hoth trooper and Death Star dude, so I passed and I figured I didn't need ANOTHER Palpy, so I passed. I plan on taking back the Ugnaught as I double checked and I already have the POTF two pack that was released sometime ago and they look pretty good. Plus, I don't want to pay another 8-9 bucks per figure for these two. I'm not sure about how they're shipping these as I checked ANOTHER WM after work and found that another store had gotten in a few cases with the same ugnaught and bearded rebel trooper, just as the first store did.

The Leia looks solid and Needa is good, but Luke is really awesome. The sculpt of Hamill (as somebody else stated) is really good. :thumbsup:

bigbarada
05-19-2009, 01:30 AM
It looked like they put out a few cases of wave 6 at my Wal-Mart. Luke and Leia really do have great face sculpts, it's just that most of the Lukes had some paint app problems. I only picked up the Ugnaught, however. I'll get the second Ugnaught, but that's it for me in this wave.

Anyways, the Ugnaught is light years better than those worthless salt shakers from the POTF2 line. The only odd thing is that the console that came with my Ugnaught is bent and it seems like it was actually molded that way. I put it in some boiling water to soften it up, but it just went back to the bent shape. The base of the console looks like it's intended to fit over something... I wish I still had my POTJ Carbon Freeze chamber, I'd like to see if it plugged into anything on there.

Blue2th
05-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Still no sign of these around here. And if they were I'm sure they got skoached. :upset:

Tycho
05-19-2009, 05:53 PM
I got this wave from Hasbro Toy Shop today. I was quite surprised with the Luke. Carded, he looks great. I'll open him later. I don't see an extra hand / arm in the package though - just some kind of medical device (or lightsaber building tool - not sure).

Luke should have one open bionic hand, and one perfectly normal looking one.

I also got Needa.

I'll need to find Leia and the Hoth Rebel in stores. And I ordered another Clone Wars Super Battle Droid along with the ESB figures.

DarkJedi5
05-19-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't see an extra hand / arm in the package though - just some kind of medical device (or lightsaber building tool - not sure).

Luke should have one open bionic hand, and one perfectly normal looking one.

You won't find another hand. While it would have been a good idea to have an arm that was usable you could plug in, he really is a one scene wonder now.

figrin bran
05-19-2009, 10:10 PM
I got Needa in the mail from HTS today. As I'm not going to buy the Palpatine, I'll need to find a Kashykk Trooper for the remaining part that I need for U3PO.

DarkArtist
05-21-2009, 11:48 AM
still have yet to see this wave at retail. glad i ordered it from HTS. it's really a nice wave and addition to the collection

obi-dad
05-21-2009, 12:11 PM
I ordered quite a while ago from HTS and received all but the rebel troopers a week or two ago. I received an email on Monday that HTS was shipping my order, but the email said they would send what I got the first time (Palp, Luke, Leia, 2 Ugnaughts, & Needa). I'll be glad to have all these "free" extras if that's what they really send me, but you can bet I'll be calling if my 3 troopers aren't in the box.

El Chuxter
05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Found most of it today for the first time (no Hoth Trooper, and I passed on Buttfaced Charlie in Emperor Disguise). Does the torso for U-3PO come with anyone else, or do I have to buy this would-be Palpatine and give away the figure?

Qui-Long Gone
05-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Haven't seen this lot, but then again, nothing in it strikes me as interesting enough to see....well, maybe the Ugs...:rolleyes:

DarkJedi5
05-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Found most of it today for the first time (no Hoth Trooper, and I passed on Buttfaced Charlie in Emperor Disguise). Does the torso for U-3PO come with anyone else, or do I have to buy this would-be Palpatine and give away the figure?

I think the repacked Kashyyyk Trooper will have that part.

TheDarthVader
05-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Update in Texas...nothing...not even remnants of the ESB wave yet. :(

Qui-Long Gone
05-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Update in Texas...nothing...not even remnants of the ESB wave yet. :(

Same true here in West Tex...

dr_evazan22
05-23-2009, 09:06 AM
I ordered a case from EE that I thought was going to be 1 each of the new wave, plus a couple of reissues that I could use for army building. Sadly, they had so many case variants, I ended up with a case of 2 ea of the new wave. If anyone's interested in 1 complete set send a PM.

figrin bran
05-24-2009, 02:16 AM
I received the 2 Hoth Troopers that I had ordered from HTS. Both were the skirt version, btw.

The only thing I didn't like about the figure was the cannon actually and the fact that it can't swivel at all.

I've not seen any of this wave out in retail either.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Finally went ahead and ordered from Hasbro. The Wal-Mart pegs are so full of older stuff that I probably won't see anything new for a while. I was able to order all of the ESB and AOTC wave except for the Hoth Trooper. With the code that was posted earlier, I think it actually works out to be cheaper than the store, or at least about the same.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks to the good Doctor (dr_evazan22, that is), I will be receiving this wave soon. I was just tired of waiting and searching and finding nothing. I'm sure the stores will be full of them in a month or so, but what the hey. Targets in my area don't seem to want to stock TLC figures (when they do, I apparently miss wave 6 by like a day or two) and the Walmarts keep refilling on wave 5, revision 2.

Obsession is Nute
05-27-2009, 11:39 PM
I did another run in my area today. Nothing. No evidence ESB is has been here ever. This is getting sooooooo ridiculous!!! I am going to write a letter to Hasbro and ask them why they think Iowa isn't deserving of new product. They need to get a coordinator/rep out here ASAP and figure out what the Hell is going on. I have heard from a friend in another part of the state and it is the exact same situation.

On the plus side, I did find the Vulture droid at Target. So at least vehicles are being distributed well.

Tycho
05-28-2009, 02:49 AM
Obsession, you're from Iowa?

Have you ever visited a monument dedicated to Captain Kirk?

Is there such a thing?

pbarnard
05-28-2009, 09:50 AM

Is there such a thing?

No monument, but there is an actual Riverside, IA about 30 minutes away from Iowa City (University of Iowa). It's on the sign and there is the anual Trek Fest. http://www.trekfest.com/

Obsession is Nute
05-28-2009, 01:30 PM

Is there such a thing?

Indeed I am good sir. I have not been to Riverside, myself. But a friend of mine has been there, and he said he took photos with the Captain's statue. I am not sure if it resembles the statue we saw in Fanboys, but I will ask him.

It would be pretty amazing if Viacom actually threatened to sue the community for the use of Kirk's likeness. I am not a fan of Star Trek, but I am even LESS a fan of Viacom.

I will get back to you on the statue.

Obsession is Nute
05-28-2009, 03:18 PM
No monument, but there is an actual Riverside, IA about 30 minutes away from Iowa City (University of Iowa). It's on the sign and there is the anual Trek Fest. http://www.trekfest.com/

K. Texted my friend to clarify. They do not have a statue, but they do have a sign, marker and a ship. Took photos of those.

DarkJedi5
05-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Saw the ESB wave for the first time in my area at a walmart. They were only missing the hoth trooper but had multiples of the rest.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-29-2009, 05:40 PM
I got the figures today thanks to dr_evazan22 and they're great! I'm pretty sure I got the silver U-3PO; it looks really slightly off-silver, but I think that's a reflection of the table, so it's accurate enough for me. They all turned out better than I expected, frankly.

The soft goods on Luke work quite well; the belt's a little big, but it does look better in person than in the photos. It works for him sitting down, and you can move it to either show the arm stuff or conceal it. I wish they had included the apparatus that was over his forearm, but whatever. The face is really good; they actually sculpted Mark Hamill's moles, which is beyond detailed and really cool.

Palpatine's cloak is still pretty large behind him, but I really like the hood. I'd like to see them make a ROTJ Ian head and less flowy hood in this style.

I got the Hoth Trooper with the skirt, thankfully. I'm really glad that they finally made a non-crappy version, so I'll be glad to get the other version as well. The gun is bizarre, but hopefully it will look good on that old POTF2 Hoth trench.

I really love the new Imperial officer body for Needa. He can't grab his neck but he does really anything else. The likeness is really good as well.

Leia's skirt is a lot poofier than the VOTC version, which this one is based on, but it's still good. She looks good next to Luke. It's too bad that some people here have been turned off of these figures due to the soft goods; they're as good as these figures are ever going to get, I think.

The Ugnaught looks really tall next to Leia but short next to anyone else. It's really great; it seems to be Ugloste, the head Ugnaught, if that means anything to anyone aside from me. :D

Tycho
05-30-2009, 02:06 AM
it seems to be Ugloste, the head Ugnaught, if that means anything to anyone aside from me. :D

Well, then if you know that, let me test you on something even more important:

On the Death Star and on the Executor, can you name the head Mouse Droids? :P

Obsession is Nute
05-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Impressive trivia, Tycho. I have no clue.

Regarding ESB: I am going to visit one last store this afternoon. If it fails, which I am sure it will, I am going online. I hate to admit defeat, but at this rate ESB and AOTC won't be here until late July. Hopefully by August/September, things will have improved to the point that I can buy TPM wave in the stores.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Well, then if you know that, let me test you on something even more important:

On the Death Star and on the Executor, can you name the head Mouse Droids? :P
No, I don't know their names . . . I was going to ask them but they were too busy getting sniffed by you! :p :D

Vallius09
06-01-2009, 12:20 PM
I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I have not seen a single one of these figures at any store near me. I would really like to avoid ordering these online (especially trying to find the variant Hoth Trooper and Ugnaut... *shudders*) but every day that passes makes me think that will be the case. I visit at least 8 stores in my area quite frequently ( 3 toys'r'us', 2 targets, 3 wal-marts) and NONE of them have the set.

I hope we get them soon... it's June now! :(

Obsession is Nute
06-01-2009, 01:26 PM
I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I have not seen a single one of these figures at any store near me. I would really like to avoid ordering these online (especially trying to find the variant Hoth Trooper and Ugnaut... *shudders*) but every day that passes makes me think that will be the case. I visit at least 8 stores in my area quite frequently ( 3 toys'r'us', 2 targets, 3 wal-marts) and NONE of them have the set.

I hope we get them soon... it's June now! :(

You sound like my mirror image from another state! (:

I have 5 Targets, 3 Wal-Marts and a Toys R Us. They have all failed. I love the thrill of the hunt, but after a month and a half of nothing, and all stores recently restocked with OLD stuff, I threw in the towel on Friday. I ordered everything from ESB online. I will hunt for the variants later. I wish it did not come to this, having the figures just arrive in the mail feels...so less rewarding. I had to do the same thing with the ANH wave too. Gonna give myself a month of rest from hunting, see what things look like in the stores early July.

I am actually writing a letter to Hasbro corporate telling them to send someone out to Iowa to look at the situtation. How can they expect to be making strong sales when new products are completely unavailable?

At least last year we knew we were not getting crap from Hasbro between March and late July. I used that free time for other pursuits. This year...I shudder to think of how many hours of my time, miles on my car, and gallons of gas I have WASTED trying to find the ANH and ESB waves, only to resort to Hasbro Toy Shop and eBay to actually get them.

Best of luck in Pittsburgh, my brother. May the force be with you!

bigbarada
06-01-2009, 02:18 PM
When is the other Ugnaught scheduled to be released?

DarkJedi5
06-01-2009, 05:28 PM
I was under the impression that it would be in one of the revision assortments of the AOTC wave. Same goes for the Hoth trooper. I think I read it in a Q&A but JT would be able to check and find out for sure or if I'm just imagining things.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-02-2009, 12:04 AM
I don't think they've released any carded pictures of the variant Hoth Trooper or Ugnaught. I know that the bearded trooper is again shipping in one of the AOTC revision cases; not sure about the Ugnaught. They might not even show up until after the card design switches over.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-02-2009, 12:37 AM
My order from Hasbro arrived today. All of this wave except the Hoth Trooper. Overall the figures look great, but I was quite disappointed with the foot peg holes.

Leia doesn't even have any due to the tiny feet. Luke's can fit on the Hasbro stands okay. His right foot seems sort of off though. The leg seems shorter, and the foot wants to turn in a bit. His feet are also pretty close together, making it harder to balance him right without a stand. One of the few occasions where I actually want a wider stance in a figure.

Palpatine and Needa don't fit on the peg very well. Palpatine once again has too much robe, though maybe not as bad as the Evolutions figure. How is he supposed to hold his cane? I guess his right hand will work if I take out the lightsaber. Needa's right foot seems kind of wonky as well. Looks like he has rolled the ankle out pretty bad.

The one figure that fits the best on the pegs is the one that least needs to: The Ugnaught. This is a pretty solid figure, the peg holes function well, it has great articulation, and a couple of nice accessories. Unless the Rebel Trooper turns out to be better, this is my pick for the best of the wave.

sebillba
06-02-2009, 04:15 AM
Luke's can fit on the Hasbro stands okay. His right foot seems sort of off though. The leg seems shorter, and the foot wants to turn in a bit. His feet are also pretty close together, making it harder to balance him right without a stand. One of the few occasions where I actually want a wider stance in a figure.

His hips are ball jointed, so you should be able to adjust for a wider stance. But I haven't actually got this myself yet, so can't really judge how effective they are.

DarkJedi5
06-02-2009, 09:31 AM
I've been looking around and it looks like there's a variant paint scheme for U-3PO. Anyone have any info? Mine's very very silver but it looks like there's a more brassy version out there that might work well for an E-3PO....

sebillba
06-02-2009, 10:02 AM
I've been looking around and it looks like there's a variant paint scheme for U-3PO. Anyone have any info? Mine's very very silver but it looks like there's a more brassy version out there that might work well for an E-3PO....

There's a thread here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=678633&highlight=champagne#post678633) about the colour variations.

DarkJedi5
06-02-2009, 10:40 AM
So then I should be looking for the brassy droid parts. Great.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-02-2009, 12:55 PM
MSP, all the figures you mentioned having trouble with have already had at least their legs released before, so it shouldn't really be a surprise. Leia shares a great deal with the VOTC version - only her head, arms, and skirt are new. Needa's legs are the same as the Death Star Trooper's from 2007. Palpatine's body is from the Evolutions version, which has been repainted or re-released several times now.

DarkArtist
06-19-2009, 06:40 AM
finally saw a sign that Wave 6 has hit retail in Jersey...I found a lone Luke Skywalker figure on the pegs at a Walgreens for the incredible low low price of $11.69.......

TheDarthVader
06-22-2009, 01:08 PM
The only figure from this wave that I have found so far is Needa, and I bought him. The only ones I want now are Leia and Luke; have not seen them anywhere. ?????

jamesbondo07
06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
I got all the wave except for the hoth trooper from HTS. I did find the hoth trooper from Wal-Mart a few days ago.

Blue2th
06-22-2009, 10:27 PM
I spotted this wave finally at Walmart. I was a little low on cash so I just bought the Hoth Rebel Trooper with beard.
He had the skirt, so I bought him just in case they change that soon, and I can't get one with it. The pic on the back he has no skirt.

So I wonder how many of these will ship before the running change on the skirt? Then there's the second version coming out later. So that'll be three different (enough) Hoth Rebel Troopers right?

He does have the pewter colored not silver part of the BAD though.

Tycho
06-22-2009, 11:30 PM
What? The Hoth Rebel Soldier is a male stripper?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-22-2009, 11:38 PM
I finally saw a figure from this wave at retail . . . it was Luke, at the grocery store where I work. Very bizarre. :p

DarkJedi5
06-23-2009, 09:15 AM
I spotted this wave finally at Walmart. I was a little low on cash so I just bought the Hoth Rebel Trooper with beard.
He had the skirt, so I bought him just in case they change that soon, and I can't get one with it. The pic on the back he has no skirt.

So I wonder how many of these will ship before the running change on the skirt? Then there's the second version coming out later. So that'll be three different (enough) Hoth Rebel Troopers right?

I'm pretty sure the troopers without the skirt are the HTF ones. They are all supposed to have the skirt and so you probably won't see too many without it.

Ji'dai
06-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't think any Troopers were released without the skirt. The cardbacks probably show an earlier prototype, which is why they put that disclaimer about the actual toy possibly being different from pictures on the package.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-23-2009, 01:21 PM
I don't think any Troopers were released without the skirt. The cardbacks probably show an earlier prototype, which is why they put that disclaimer about the actual toy possibly being different from pictures on the package.
No, it definitely seems like some were released without the skirt. Hasbro confirmed that the figure was going to ship this way a little bit before being replaced by the one with the skirt, and I thought I read about some people getting them sans skirt (or maybe I'm making that up).

Ji'dai
06-23-2009, 03:47 PM
I just haven't read any reports of people finding a skirtless variation. I didn't check completed auctions on eBay but the current auctions all have skirts (even though some sellers are using the stock photo showing the Trooper without a skirt).

Blue2th
06-23-2009, 08:04 PM
What? The Hoth Rebel Soldier is a male stripper?

Turns out it's a kilt, aye and he's from Scotland, and the women there have this curiosity about a kilt and...:lipsrsealed:

So I wonder if Hasbro will change the photo on the back of the card and fix the wardrobe malfunction for both Rebel Troopers then we'll have a possible card variation for those that are into the uber-variations. :rolleyes:

DarkJedi5
06-24-2009, 06:37 PM
I now have a complete silver U-3PO to trade for complete champagne colored one if anyone is interested?

wawe1
06-24-2009, 11:16 PM
I got the Hoth Trooper without the skirt. Found two of them at a Target about a month ago. Haven't seen it again, since. Haven't seen much of that wave since, come to think of it.

sebillba
06-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Both Waves 6 and 7 were shipped to me yesterday from StarActionFigures - I was hoping they would arrive today, sadly not, but I should have them any day now. It's been a long wait, but it feels good to be (almost) up to date again. And I don't have to worry about bad paint apps, as the owner of SAF always picks out good figures for me. :)

I think I'm most looking forward to the ugnaught from wave 6, and Tarados Gon from wave 7 - always good to get new aliens.

Ji'dai
06-25-2009, 07:16 PM
I got the Hoth Trooper without the skirt. Found two of them at a Target about a month ago. Haven't seen it again, since. Haven't seen much of that wave since, come to think of it. You have carded pics of the Trooper without skirt?

mtriv73
06-25-2009, 07:32 PM
You have carded pics of the Trooper without skirt?

This isn't that kind of website :shocked:

Ji'dai
06-25-2009, 10:56 PM
This isn't that kind of website :shocked: Shouldn't stray too far from the New Contest thread, you might lose the big prize.

I want to see carded pics of this variation! Who's got one?

mtriv73
06-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Shouldn't stray too far from the New Contest thread, you might lose the big prize.

I want to see carded pics of this variation! Who's got one?

Well this took about 2 seconds to find...

Now back to the new contest thread.

Ji'dai
06-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Awesome, it does exist!

I'll put in a good word for you with SirSteve so you're a cinch to win that contest now.

Although I'm not sure what you're gonna do with all those vintage Episode I Pepsi Jar Jar Binks standees.

Old Fossil
06-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Found a couple of cases of the whole wave at WM yesterday. Got 'em all, except for Luke & Leia, for whom I have no use. Substituted a Han Stormtrooper and Vader so I could complete U-3PO, which is the main reason I got these figures. I was not disappointed; the droid is super cool!

plasticfetish
06-28-2009, 04:10 AM
This wave finally started turning up here at a local Fred Meyer.

Picked up Needa for now... probably get Ugnauts and Hoth Troopers later. Not all that interested in the rest, though the Leia figure looks nice enough in person.

The face paint on the Emperor is frigging terrible.

Kidhuman
06-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I finally got the whole wave also PF. Took forever to gather the dang Rebel Soldier. Now onto the AOTC wave

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2009, 01:33 PM
I've also been seeing these figures more lately, but they're still rare. I've actually only seen Luke, Needa, and the Ugnaught. But I already have this wave and the AOTC one so I'm just waiting for the new card changeover.

Ji'dai
06-28-2009, 01:42 PM
This wave has been plentiful locally since I first found them all back on May 15. The Hoth Trooper is the most popular by far and tends to be rarer than the others.

There just doesn't seem to be enough room on the pegs for new waves, especially since attention is on the big summer movie toys.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-28-2009, 01:57 PM
This wave has been plentiful locally since I first found them all back on May 15. The Hoth Trooper is the most popular by far and tends to be rarer than the others.

There just doesn't seem to be enough room on the pegs for new waves, especially since attention is on the big summer movie toys.
I still haven't seen this wave or the AOTC wave in the store. I got them all from Hasbro except for the Hoth Trooper. As I mentioned in the AOTC Wave thread, there is room for more if they actually get any in. At this point, I probably won't see anything new until the new cards show up. I did see a couple Saga Legends figures on the new cards at Target.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Found a lone rebel trooper and a clone pilot at Fred Meyer today. However, it had an HK-47 arm with it, so I'm still an arm short on the U-3PO. Just ordered another trooper off eBay. Hopefully it comes with the arm I want. If not, at least I have another trooper.

Devo
07-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Both Waves 6 and 7 were shipped to me yesterday from StarActionFigures - I was hoping they would arrive today, sadly not, but I should have them any day now. It's been a long wait, but it feels good to be (almost) up to date again. And I don't have to worry about bad paint apps, as the owner of SAF always picks out good figures for me. :)

I think I'm most looking forward to the ugnaught from wave 6, and Tarados Gon from wave 7 - always good to get new aliens.

Sebillba, if you're around, have you ordered from these guys since they changed their site?

Just ordered some NECA terminator 2s and wondering if everything is still functioning as before, no problems that you know of etc...

Old Fossil
07-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Luke does not seem to be selling too well. Neither is the Ugnaught. I've seen multiples of both at a couple of different Wal-Mart's. Leia, the Emperor, and the Hoth Rebel seem to be doing better.

I haven't seen this wave at Target or TRU at all.

JetsAndHeels
07-12-2009, 01:50 AM
The Ugnaught, Hoth Rebel Soldier, and Captain Needa are pegwarming pretty heavily 'round these parts.

sebillba
07-12-2009, 03:56 AM
Sebillba, if you're around, have you ordered from these guys since they changed their site?

Just ordered some NECA terminator 2s and wondering if everything is still functioning as before, no problems that you know of etc...

I've placed a couple of pre-orders Devo... no real problems, though a couple of minor glitches; at the end of the orders, there was a message about not processing them because of a suspected fraud on my credit card - apparently that was going out to everyone by mistake, and should be ironed out by now. Also, I started an order but didn't complete it at the time... went back later and ordered again, but when I checked my account later, both orders (the same) had been processed. A quick email soon sorted this out.

These may sound like potentially major problems, but I'm sure they were just early days glitches. I don't know if you've ever emailed the owner, Wayne, but he's a very friendly and helpful guy, and appreciates any feedback, good or bad.

Devo
07-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks for that. Its always nice to know when customers can name people at these companies. So far I've only received a Paypoint.net email telling me that funds will not be taken from my account till the order has been fulfilled. I haven't yet received an email summarising what I ordered. I thought those are usually automated so even if you order at the weekend you'll still get it?

sebillba
07-12-2009, 04:24 PM
They always used to send automated emails, I've a feeling I didn't get one for one of my orders this time, but if you want to check your orders, you can now log onto the website and check your account with them.

TheDarthVader
07-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Found a Leia!! Finally...now the only one I need is luke! Yay me!

pbarnard
07-13-2009, 05:19 PM
I've never seen this at retail. Ever. I've seen AotC. I don't even want U-3PO, just the ugnaughts (both versions) and the cannon from the Hoth Trooper.

DarkJedi5
07-13-2009, 05:32 PM
I picked up an extra Leia so that I could make a better SA ANH version. I briefly saw the entire wave at retail. Now all I see is the ANH wave repacks with HK parts.

Kidhuman
07-18-2009, 12:28 PM
The Ugnaught, Hoth Rebel Soldier, and Captain Needa are pegwarming pretty heavily 'round these parts.

Cant find the Rebel Soldier here, but the other 2 are a plenty

TheDarthVader
07-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Someone might have to get me a luke and ship it to me loose with the U3PO part. PM me if you want to help. Thanks in advance. There are no more ESB wave figures in this area.

DarkArtist
07-27-2009, 01:46 PM
picked up another Hoth Trooper last night (finally saw the complete wave in Walmart last night.)

obi-dad
07-27-2009, 01:57 PM
... and when you say whole wave, you mean just the original Hoth trooper & original Ughnaught, right? I think the 2nd ones come later???

DarkJedi5
07-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah those won't hit til mid-August with the TPM wave I believe.

obi-dad
07-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Yeah those won't hit til mid-August with the TPM wave I believe.

I think I remember seeing something like that now. It just made so much sense to include those in teh TPM wave, that I must have blocked it out! :D

Devo
08-04-2009, 06:56 AM
After a period of 'not being in a Star wars mood' I've only just got this wave now.

Rather underwhelming isn't it. The clear best figure of the wave is the ugnaught. I don't find fault with it, as usual Hasbro does its best work on the secondary, tertiary etc characters.

Needa is second best although the DS trooper legs leave a bit to be desired in terms of the knee and ankle joints...plus mine are loose.

I like Leia, despite the innaccurate split in her hair, and I actually got one with a decent paintjob on the face. But that softgoods skirt has to go. I'll replace it with a spare early bird Leia plastic skirt.

Luke actually isn't the disaster he appeared to be shaping up to be. The SG robe didn't turn out that big. While still not form-fitting its far from the horrific huge mess it looked like in early pics. I would have preferred a sculpted outfit but what can ye do.

I ended up buying the Palpatine (bought the wave as a Case). I dunno..a bit messy isn't he. I'm of the belief that Softgoods simply do not work for this character, theres just too much. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this huge overlong cape. If Hasbro continue with this softgoods it doesn't bode well for ever getting a worthwhile update on the POTF2 Emperor.

Lastly the Hoth rebel trooper, probably and disappointingly the worst figure of the wave for me. The torso&arms look fine but everything else looks awkward. The wonky legs are terrible and make him look elderly and physically impaired. The softgoods portion looks like a skirt and not the bottom part of the jacket. The headgear really misses having a draping scarf piece and what is there is undetailed and painted with an unnatural sheen considering its supposed to represent a cloth material. And he doesn't come with a blaster rifle, just a tiny blaster and the mounted cannon. The latter is nice but this figure really misses having a handheld rifle. So a big disappointment is this figure, a shame because it was a much needed, much requested update of the tiny midget soldier from a few years back and now they've just made one with entirely new problems.

I really think the other Ugnaught and 2nd Hoth trooper should have shipped with this wave. Its a weak enough wave as it is without having to wait longer for variants.

OC47150
08-04-2009, 06:50 PM
After a period of 'not being in a Star wars mood' I've only just got this wave now.

Needa is second best although the DS trooper legs leave a bit to be desired in terms of the knee and ankle joints...plus mine are loose.

Lastly the Hoth rebel trooper, probably and disappointingly the worst figure of the wave for me. The torso&arms look fine but everything else looks awkward. The wonky legs are terrible and make him look elderly and physically impaired. The softgoods portion looks like a skirt and not the bottom part of the jacket. The headgear really misses having a draping scarf piece and what is there is undetailed and painted with an unnatural sheen considering its supposed to represent a cloth material. And he doesn't come with a blaster rifle, just a tiny blaster and the mounted cannon. The latter is nice but this figure really misses having a handheld rifle. So a big disappointment is this figure, a shame because it was a much needed, much requested update of the tiny midget soldier from a few years back and now they've just made one with entirely new problems.

The Hoth trooper may not be the greatest figure, but I love his head sculpt. The head fits on the A-wing pilot body, and I want to make an Imp officer using the Needa body.

Devo
08-04-2009, 09:35 PM
The Hoth trooper may not be the greatest figure, but I love his head sculpt. The head fits on the A-wing pilot body, and I want to make an Imp officer using the Needa body.

Really? I think his head looks like Dave Lister (Craig Charles) from Red Dwarf. And the softgoods - THIS is the one time Hasbro should have gone with a thick bulky material (if not plastic) and its the one time they didn't. As Threepio says 'how typical'.

For Cpt. Needa - I just put his cap on the Chief Bast figure to see what it looks like (since that character was primarily seen with cap in ANH). Not the best fit but passable. And its a great fit on General Tagge. So I think this was a good move by Hasbro. Needa is a great figure apart from those legs. I hope Hasbro reconsider in future and fit other Officer figures with different legs - it would also help with height differentiating. Although I have a feeling any future officers will just be new heads&rankbadges on Needa's body.

TheDarthVader
08-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks, didn't know Needa's hat was removable. That is too cool!

OC47150
08-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Really? I think his head looks like Dave Lister (Craig Charles) from Red Dwarf. And the softgoods - THIS is the one time Hasbro should have gone with a thick bulky material (if not plastic) and its the one time they didn't. As Threepio says 'how typical'.

For Cpt. Needa - I just put his cap on the Chief Bast figure to see what it looks like (since that character was primarily seen with cap in ANH). Not the best fit but passable. And its a great fit on General Tagge. So I think this was a good move by Hasbro. Needa is a great figure apart from those legs. I hope Hasbro reconsider in future and fit other Officer figures with different legs - it would also help with height differentiating. Although I have a feeling any future officers will just be new heads&rankbadges on Needa's body.

I agree about the Hoth trooper. He's a definite improvement on previous troopers, but there's still room for improvement.

Again, Needa's not the greatest figure but at least the articulation is better than previous Imp officer figures.

Devo
08-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Anyone happen to know if Luke wears the same pyjamas in the echo base med-bay as on the medical frigate later in the film?

wawe1
08-09-2009, 09:18 PM
AGREED! The soft goods on the Hoth Trooper looks like a skirt. Hasbro should've saved a few cents and kept the "skirt" off. I think the figure looks better without it anyway.

Qui-Long Gone
08-19-2009, 12:17 PM
I don't know where Mynock Hunt Chewie and Solo fit in the new line, but I just got the Chewie today...I assume it's the VOTC figure: great articulation, gun, and sculpt (well, maybe too blond). I'm glad the breather isn't stuck on like the upcoming co-pilot Chewie.

Old Fossil
08-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Aren't Chewie and Han part of the current Legends assortment?

I debated on picking up that Chewbacca. It's a fantastic figure. May still get one... can't have too many Chewie's.:yes:

Qui-Long Gone
08-19-2009, 01:52 PM
^I don't know if it's Legends or Saga (do they still do that line). It is a great figure, pick one up. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2009, 04:29 PM
They're in Saga Legends, so there you go. Some people have apparently been finding the sandstorm Chewie in the package instead of the VOTC one. I've only seen them once and they looked correct, if unnecessary, since they're just repacks. I think the masks might be different colors from the other masks from throughout the line, but I don't care enough to pay $16 for them.

Ji'dai
08-19-2009, 05:04 PM
I considered getting that Legends Chewie too since I'm slowly replacing all my old Chewies with the newer SA body style.

I've actually seen a couple carded skirtless Hoth Troopers in the past couple weeks too. They were probably returns as people find the corrected version with the skirt.

DarkJedi5
10-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Just got an email from Brian's Toys saying that the variant Ugnaught will ship with the ROTJ wave. I would assume that means he will be in some assortment of those figures and probably on shelf soon.

Old Fossil
10-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Just got an email from Brian's Toys saying that the variant Ugnaught will ship with the ROTJ wave. I would assume that means he will be in some assortment of those figures and probably on shelf soon.

Thanks for the update! Glad this figure will be making it out, unlike the beardless Hoth rebel, apparently.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the update! Glad this figure will be making it out, unlike the beardless Hoth rebel, apparently.
Hasbro said they're shipping the beardless Rebel in a battle pack next year.

Old Fossil
10-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Hasbro said they're shipping the beardless Rebel in a battle pack next year.

Oh, I know what they said. I'll believe it if and when I see it.:)

El Chuxter
10-07-2009, 11:48 AM
And how many duplicate figures will one have to buy to get it? I'm betting on Hoth Han, Hoth Luke, C-3PO, and Bren Derlin.

Old Fossil
10-07-2009, 11:59 AM
And how many duplicate figures will one have to buy to get it? I'm betting on Hoth Han, Hoth Luke, C-3PO, and Bren Derlin.

My bet would be R-3PO, Hoth Leia, Bren Derlin, and the screen we got with the "deluxe" Rieekan a few years ago.

El Chuxter
10-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I think they A) won't give us a Hoth Leia for a while yet, and B) have too much love for sticking Han in multipacks.

mtriv73
10-07-2009, 12:41 PM

None, it will be Hoth Yarna, Hoth Malakili, and Hoth Icecreammakerguy. (At least the last one kind of makes sense.)

DarkJedi5
10-07-2009, 01:47 PM
None, it will be Hoth Yarna, Hoth Malakili, and Hoth Icecreammakerguy. (At least the last one kind of makes sense.)

No it doesn't! No one on an ice-planet would want ice-cream. Now if he were Hotchocolatemakerguy then they'd be on to something.

El Chuxter
10-07-2009, 01:48 PM
He was Hotchocolatemakerguy before he moved to Bespin. Wilrow is a man of many delectable talents.

pbarnard
10-07-2009, 01:56 PM
By non-beareded trooper they mean the monstrosity that is the PotF2 Deluxe trooper included with the Radar Dish Cannon.