PDA

View Full Version : For the love of...proofread people!

Lord Tenebrous
02-22-2002, 10:57 AM
Here is a picture of the Republic Assault Ship from AOTC Incredible Cross-Sections.

Or, as they put it, ASSUALT ship. :frus:

Anyways, we know what this is the precursor to... :)

JEDIpartner
02-22-2002, 11:08 AM
I saw that too, when I posted the picture. Oh, well. It's a promotional shot. Not the final press print. Hahahaha...

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-22-2002, 11:38 AM
Yeah but Dorling Kindersley is an affiliate of Hasbro isn't it? I'm sure I read that somewhere. So it figures that the proof readers are the same ones who do the action figure cardbacks....

HAHA! :D oh....:rolleyes: :(

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 12:00 PM
It's the precursor to the Imperial Star Derstoyer.

;)

:rolleyes:

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 12:04 PM
I thought DK was a british publishing company? I've got books from them on stuf that has nothing to do with Hasbro or Star Wars. Like a James Bond gadgets book, for instance. Both Hasbro and DK are Lucasfilm licensees, but I think thats as far as it goes. maybe they spell assault "wrong" in england. Lord knows they do it with a bunch of other words.:rolleyes: ;)

2-1B
02-22-2002, 12:14 PM
Rollo, what is your favourite DK book? What colour is it? Grey?

Maybe ASSUALT is a computer command sequence. "Hmm, can't find the *** key, think I'll order a TAB", Homer Simpson.

Jek Porky 2002
02-22-2002, 04:42 PM
Hey! It's you Americans who spell things wrong, don't forget the language is called English, not American, you took all our words and spelled them all wrong.

What is the 'colour' of the iceing on those 'doughnuts', stop talking and keep to the 'shed- ual'

JEDIpartner
02-22-2002, 04:57 PM
Horrid spellers some of the Americans are! Thank goodness I was raised properly and learnt how to spell my words properly and to phrase things with a bit of respect to proper grammar! :rolleyes:

Seriously... I was!

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 05:33 PM
I don't speak English. I speak United States.

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-22-2002, 06:15 PM
if I remember correctly I read some report stating that DK was hasbro owned. Perhaps they bought DK after the great job they did with the star wars license. Y'know hasbro like to buy up the competition or anything that looks like it's successful. Big greedy company with too many fingers in too many pies that it is.

No I'm almost certain the report stated this. I'll allow someone to go find it and prove me a liar if they can. But I can't remeber where exactly among all the trashy reports lately i found this fact. possibly TFN or rebelscum and possibly here somewhere. I just caint remember. :(

I hope they don't leave typos all ove r the visual dictionary too. that'd be horrible. :eek:

JediTricks
02-23-2002, 01:54 AM
DK isn't Hasbro-owned, although DK was nearly put out of business from their overproduction of Episode I books.

LTBasker
02-23-2002, 02:25 AM
Y'know... it looks alot like a cross between the Replublic/Jedi Starfighters (or at least Obi-Wan's) and of course a Star Destroyer...interesting design.

Rollo Tomassi
02-23-2002, 09:07 AM
Original claim made by DARTH DUBIOUS how appropos
No I'm almost certain the report stated this. I'll allow someone to go find it and prove me a liar if they can. But I can't remeber where exactly among all the trashy reports lately i found this fact.

Actually my little amateur journalist, the burden of proof is on YOU.

Allow me to report in return in order to prove my point.

GEORGE LUCAS JUST DIED!!! I just read this somewhere. Find the article and prove me wrong. nyeah:p !

See? That doesn't work does it? In order to back up your claim of Hasbro owning DK, you need to find the article that PROVES that, not us having to find the the article that disproves it.

You won't find the article by the way, because JT is correct, Hasbro doesn't own DK.

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-23-2002, 09:58 AM
m'kay... :sur: :p I'll go shoot myself now....

Rollo Tomassi
02-23-2002, 10:27 AM
no, no, no. You're thinking of that OTHER Sw forum.. Here at SSG, we have BSLOS.

Bad Song Lyrics Of Shame.

When you make a mistake, you can be absolved of all wrong doing by admitting fault (which you have done) and then providing the other forumites with the truly hideous song lyrics of your choice. like this:

"Blinded by the light! Revved up like a deuce, another roller in the night..."

See how easy it is?
:)

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-23-2002, 11:54 AM
Oh. I see. ;)

sadly a song lyric eludes me at this point in time. just had the mother on the phone asking me how to switch on her computer. She's only had it two years and done it countless times. If ever there was anyone bred to irritate and distract it's my Mother! Brain not working any more, fused, shorted out, mother overload.............FZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTT!!!! !!! :crazed:

jw_bryant
02-23-2002, 01:45 PM
Said by Korban Dallas:
i speak only two languages, English amd Bad English.
:)

Deoxyribonucleic
02-23-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Hey! It's you Americans who spell things wrong, don't forget the language is called English, not American, you took all our words and spelled them all wrong.

Actually, about 75% of english words are barrowed (made up) from German so we can blame them. :) DOH! :eek:

Donuts of the world beware....It's Judgement Day! - HS

Deoxyribonucleic
02-23-2002, 01:55 PM
[i]
"Blinded by the light! Revved up like a deuce, another roller in the night..." [/B]

Hehe....heheehehheheh.....I know another version of that song as I think most others do too! :crazed:

Deoxyribonucleic
02-23-2002, 01:56 PM
Whooops...sorry 'bout the quote mistake there...just woke up a bit ago :)

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-23-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic

Actually, about 75% of english words are barrowed (made up) from German so we can blame them. :) DOH! :eek:

Donuts of the world beware....It's Judgement Day! - HS Not to mention the Latin, french, Nordic, Saxon and Celtic influences.
In a sense 'American English' isn't 'English' anymore is it? It's evolved into a language you guys can call your own. You have a national language almost entirely made up of office buzz words and slang and mispronunciations of foreign words brought to America by immigrants. That's not a slur BTW, just a historical fact. 'American English' is made up of 'British English', german, Italian and the odd Jewish word and lots and lots of happy smiley words that come from greetings card companies and Coca Cola adverts. ;)
America hasn't really had time to develop as a country and grow its own language. British English is a language developed over centuries and shaped by the invaders who conquered the tiny isles. The Romans brought us Latin and the Vikings brought us the Nordic. The Celts brought us - red hair....... :rolleyes:
I don't really think there's anything wrong in how the Americans choose to spell certain words for ease because they obviously have womens brains which are smaller and can't remember all those complicated spellings and foreign pronunciations. Therefore they have to chop off cerain letters to make it easier for themselves. Whereas us British have male brains which are much larger and therefore our brains are able to store whole complex spelling structures and grammatical 'minefield' rules and exeptions to the rule when dealing with language. This is why our language is so complicated so that foreigners can't understand us and we can insult them in our own tongue without them noticing. This is also why Americans can only master sarcasm, the lowest form of wit and us British have mastered quite succesfully the art of irony......

Which I employ here in this post in case you hadn't noticed or are American and it went over the top of your head :D I love all of you Americans really, All the different 'flavors' of you. You're grrrrreat! :kiss: you brought nice teeth and enhanced boobs and other cosmetic angst to the world. You have a gullibility that is almost totally endearing. Bless you Americans and may you shine with Crest brightness forevermore!!!!!!!!!! :D :D ;)

Rollo Tomassi
02-24-2002, 09:56 AM
Americans spell it 'thru' because that's what it says. Brits spell it 'through' because they are trying to cheat at Scrabble.

"Thruff?";)

Are we (and by 'we' I mean YOU) still a little miffed that the 82nd and the 101st dropped in and saved your behinds in that little WWII poo-poo you had with the Germans?:)