PDA

View Full Version : Disneynature's Earth

DarthQuack
04-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Managed to score two free tickets to this tonight. Really looking forward to this on a nice big digital screen :) I really enjoy the Planet Earth series and have no doubt I'll enjoy this tonight also.

DarthQuack
04-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Excellent film...I really want to go buy Planet Earth on Blu-Ray right now. James Earl Jones does a fantastic job with the narrating. I would recommend it for anyone who has kids as well, not really anything too violent, you're going to see as James said, a few "harsh realities" when it comes to survival of the fittest. During the credits they had some making of footage and hopefully we'll see tons of it on a BR release. :thumbsup: Also was a preview for Oceans coming out Earth Day 2010.

Bottom line, go see it.

Maerj2000
04-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I have a 16 month old who really loves animals. Is there a lot of animal footage in this? If so, this might be something to take her to see on the IMAX screen.

DarthQuack
04-20-2009, 08:40 PM
The entire movie is animals.....really good :)

Tycho
04-25-2009, 02:29 AM
I took myself to see this tonight and I really liked it, too.

Yeah, there were kids in the theater who really got a kick out of the film.

Can we talk spoilers yet?

There's some death and violence, but I'm not sure if I should reveal who dies? It's shown without gore so kids will not be traumatized. But there were OOOooohs and Aaaahhhs from the kids, as well as AAaaawwws!

There were a couple of things in the film that were really sad concerning certain animals. If no one objects, I'll discuss it a little later.

TeeEye7
04-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Bambi's mom is in this one, too?

bobafrett
04-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Bambi's mom is in this one, too?

No but Bambi is........

http://video.yahoo.com/network/100000086?v=4832100&l=100000085

Tycho
04-25-2009, 12:26 PM
That was cute, 'Frett but it had to be staged. Why would someone have the camera set up and pointed at their pet door? Or maybe they saw a deer following their cat and suspected this would happen? I dunno. It could have also been a somehow domesticated deer that usually goes through the pet door (but that won't work when it gets older for sure!)

OK Earth Spoilers:

The daddy polar bear dies from starvation after trying to attack walruses twice its size. He was desperate because he'd been swimming for so long due to the more rapidly melting ice suspected to be caused by global warming.

One of the baby elephants gets lost from its herd and its mother in a desert sandstorm and follows it's mother's footsteps - but goes the wrong way. The movie doesn't say what happened to it, but I imagine the poor child dies of thirst or starvation, if it's not killed by a predator. However, there are no predators who can survive that far out in the dessert that the movie showed anyway.

When the elephant herd reached an oasis however, a pride of lions were waiting for them (well they were there for the water, too). When the lions couldn't get to the baby elephants, the king ordered the whole pride to coordinate an attack on an adult elephant. And with that many lions attacking (probably about 10 of them) it was suggested that they were able to take down an adult elephant. Where the scene cut, it certainly looked like they were going to.