PDA

View Full Version : The Jelli Grub beast from Fallucia

Tycho
04-20-2009, 05:02 PM
I think it's awesome that Hasbro made this beast from Fallucia! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2073)

I'd hoped we'd see that. It'd make a nice addition to Aayla Secura's demise during Order 66 (or use it with the Force Unleashed Rancor set).

Too bad, but I suspect that the pack-in Clone Trooper's helmet is not removeable to reveal the face of Bill Cosby, which would make this a proper JELL-O Grub!

You know that blue colored JELL-O is flavored blue raspberry or something. It's quite good chilled.

I might buy this toy, refrigerate it, and then later attempt to eat it as long as my Target keeps getting in an ample supply. :crazed:

mtriv73
04-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Better yet, get the toy, make a mold of it, and then make Jello shooters in it. Just replace the cold water with the liquor of your choice. My favorite is Lime jello with tequila. It's like doing a margarita shot.

Tycho
04-20-2009, 05:12 PM
You could put the salt in the Clone Trooper's helmet.

I don't know if Hasbro will read this thread, but I'm sure they never thought that their toy would ever be used in this manner.

Maybe it should be released as the first BevMo! Star Wars exclusive. :D

mtriv73
04-20-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't know if Hasbro will read this thread, but I'm sure they never thought that their toy would ever be used in this manner.

:D

Certainly not by 8 to 12 year olds.

Tycho
04-20-2009, 05:55 PM
I saw a bumper sticker (that's out of date for the current times, but not from memory).

It said "Drink - don't drive. Beer is cheaper than gas."

Maybe it's a sign of the time(s), but instead of Dad taking Junior to his Little League game, he could offer him a cold one and this old sage advice: "Have a beer and don't cry about it."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-20-2009, 05:56 PM
I've heard of the gelagrub from Felucia, but certainly never the Jelli Grub from Fallucia! :p

clone157
04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Just watch out for the jella bears, oh my! BTW, at $23 per, I'm making a mold.

Blue2th
04-25-2009, 10:29 PM
I will buy one. It's another beast. I like SW beasts and animals. :yes:

El Chuxter
04-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Mmmmmm, Jelly Bears....

Moldy Crow
05-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Was that in the movie? I don't remember it. It's really weird, I wonder if it has articulation at all. Why would they make a toy of a disgusting slug that nobody remembers? If it was a Clone Wars set, I could understand, but that's a movie figure on top of it. I am surprised to see a few folks here want it.

I am more interested in the Clone War set with the Droid Commandos, but that news hurts my interest in the regular figure.

clone157
05-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Was that in the movie? I don't remember it. It's really weird, I wonder if it has articulation at all. Why would they make a toy of a disgusting slug that nobody remembers? If it was a Clone Wars set, I could understand, but that's a movie figure on top of it. I am surprised to see a few folks here want it.

I am more interested in the Clone War set with the Droid Commandos, but that news hurts my interest in the regular figure.

No, not in the movie, but from the Art of Episode 3 book which also gave us the cool concept of the double bladed lightsaber gauntlet that comes with the animated Plo Koon. I like the grub in the same way that I love the Dewback. It shows the resoucefulness of the Republic/Imperial forces in employing native beast of burden in their efforts to maintain peace. ;)

Do you mean a carded Droid commando?

Tycho
05-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Actually the Jelli Gurb IS in ROTS, on Fallucia, when Aayla Secura is killed.

And I'm a diorama builder. I definitely want it. Most likely, if you see it on screen, I'd desire it for my recreation of each movie.

Ando
05-21-2009, 01:23 PM
And I'm a diorama builder. I definitely want it. Most likely, if you see it on screen, I'd desire it for my recreation of each movie.

What about the AT-OT, Tycho? Chances are slim that they would ever make this transport, but I like my LEGO version and would love a couple of Hasbro versions, too.

Tycho
05-21-2009, 07:45 PM
The AT-OT is a rare case where I'm actually not interested in a vehicle. I don't want to buy all the clones to fill it and I don't want to expand that scene any more than it will be with the AT-TP and the Jelligrub.

clone157
05-21-2009, 09:03 PM
I'd happily buy an AT-OT, but then again, I have more than enough clones to fill it. And the AT-TE, and the AT-PT, an an AT-AT, and a gunship, and another gunship, etc. ad nauseum.

Tycho
05-21-2009, 10:30 PM
I too have probably over 100 clones, but the AT-OT didn't figure prominently on an important planet featured in the movie - just Order 66 scenes which I intend to recreate focused closer in.

And for the AT-TE for example (I bought two of them - Geonosis and Utopau), I won't have to staff them beyond a driver and a gunner since their holds will be closed up in my displays.

In order to celebrate these great toys, I think less is more.

For example, I have only 1 (one) AT-AT for my Hoth diorama case (and an AT-ST and Probot). I was right there in 1998 (or 1999) when Toys R Us unloaded tons of AT-ATs for $10 each and I didn't buy ONE! I'm happy to have the one I bought. But there's no right and wrong way to do this. I'm very interested to see other people's displays and how they handle these dioramas with fleet or armada building. So I give kudos to you for your plans. Mine will just be different.

DarkArtist
05-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Definately want at least 2 of this set for a Felucia set-up. can't wait till they hit retail.