PDA

View Full Version : Action Fleet Bootleg

cloneemperor
04-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Well I finally have my first Action Fleet bootleg toy. It's a Mexican gold Darth Vader's TIE, and it's hilarious how poor quality the toy is. I won this auction (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=390041827378) for it, and it's great! The interior of the cockpit is non-existent, there are no action features, and the figures are solid hunks of cheap plastic. All told though, it was worth the $10 to have a bootleg.

Darth Duranium
04-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Kewl... I've never seen that one before. Just look at that quality craftsmanship at the back... and I guess you'd have to fly by instrument because the windows are painted over. :)

Is it exactly AF size? If you've got the silver ZAAP one they'll look good together.

But for a boot it's really quite good. The red dudes are just icing on the cake.

BTW, the Flames looked good tonight

cloneemperor
04-23-2009, 02:34 AM
Is it exactly AF size?

It looks pretty darn close to actual Action Fleet size, but I haven't lined it up to compare yet. I'll hafta do that soon. I gotta take some good close-up pictures for everyone's amusement soon as well.

BTW, the Flames looked good tonight

That was a heck of a nail-biter of a game. They let their lead be cut down, and that made it a bit tense for us. I want to see them go farther, but I just don't know if they'll be able to do it.

Darth Duranium
04-23-2009, 05:43 PM
I gotta take some good close-up pictures for everyone's amusement soon as well.

That was a heck of a nail-biter of a game. They let their lead be cut down, and that made it a bit tense for us. I want to see them go farther, but I just don't know if they'll be able to do it.

Looking forward to the pics... should be interesting.

I just caught the last period so I saw the Flames pull the game out of the fire... very nice. I'm a Leafs fan but I've grown to like the Flames... at least they make the playoffs semi-regularly and don't constantly embarrass their hometown fans. If Calgary can beat Chicago in this series, they can probably beat anyone... good luck!

sergiurusu
04-24-2009, 03:59 AM
This looks really cool! Love the gold color and the 2 figures.

Years ago I also got a bootleg Millennium Falcon, very close to the AF one LOL

mabudonicus
04-24-2009, 08:24 AM
DAMN that falcon is friggin hilarious- I've seen double-cockpit knowckoffs that were much smaller and less gaudy but that thing is truly special, the huge gemstones are way too much- El Falcone rules, thanks for posting that :D
:beard: Iso&Baws
Wow, 3 canucks posting here, 2 of whom were unknown to me til right recently (I knew I was Canadian the whole time ;)) Leafs are still building, Titanium, but we can take heart in their so far being undefeated in the playoffs for some years now

cloneemperor
04-24-2009, 10:18 AM
That is pretty sweet.

JediTricks
04-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Dude, those are awesomely bad! Thanks for pointing out the screws wedged into the Vader's TIE, that's super. I really wonder how many people actually bought these knockoffs. I wouldn't bet a lot. So it's really the fault of the retailers buying this unsellable crap. :p

Darth Duranium
04-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Leafs are still building, Titanium, but we can take heart in their so far being undefeated in the playoffs for some years now

Yep, there's a fair number of Canadians on here... all of 'em seem aiiight to me.

Mab, the Leafs have been building for 42 frackin' years ;) That undefeated playoff record is safe, methinks. If the NHL was like soccer in the UK, they'd have been relegated to Division 4 (like, Peewee) long ago. But I'm not bitter...:tired:

Anyhoo, back to bidness:

Here's a few other charming bootlegs from out there... besides these, I've also seen a terrible Narcissus (from Alien) and Slave I from this set... wheels just bring them to life, doncha think?

Sergiu, that's the Flava Flav Falcon. Yeah, boy! Ready for Vegas.

sergiurusu
04-25-2009, 02:53 AM
DAMN that falcon is friggin hilarious- I've seen double-cockpit knowckoffs that were much smaller and less gaudy but that thing is truly special, the huge gemstones are way too much- El Falcone rules, thanks for posting that :D
:beard: Iso&Baws
Wow, 3 canucks posting here, 2 of whom were unknown to me til right recently (I knew I was Canadian the whole time ;)) Leafs are still building, Titanium, but we can take heart in their so far being undefeated in the playoffs for some years now

I have some of the smaller ones too :yes::D

Darth Duranium
04-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Wow Sergiu... looks like the ones I posted were knock-offs of your knock-offs... the bottoms are now mostly black.

I forgot about the faux Nostromo. Crewed by Capt. Houston and Lt. Ripoff.;)

Gotta say, these really are terrible!:thumbsup:

JediTricks
04-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Man, what were they thinking with these? The undersides are really appalling, just a big box of motor I guess plus a missile launcher.

cloneemperor
04-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Well, I finally got some pictures taken. I've uploaded some of them to my flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/cloneemperor/3475457390/in/set-72157604256212407/).

Mad Slanted Powers
04-26-2009, 11:46 PM
This looks really cool! Love the gold color and the 2 figures.

Years ago I also got a bootleg Millennium Falcon, very close to the AF one LOL
That Falcon looks like it took some hits in the Jujube Asteroid Field

sergiurusu
04-27-2009, 01:35 AM
Man, what were they thinking with these? The undersides are really appalling, just a big box of motor I guess plus a missile launcher.

See that lies underneath. The big Falcon comes with motor and lights. The other smaller ones are quite cool on their own. LOL

Darth Duranium
04-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the pics Sergiu and Cloneemp... hilarious! Unusual variations on a familiar theme... the LFL trademarks just add that certain je ne sais crois...

sergiurusu
04-28-2009, 02:58 AM
These are really funny indeed. :D I'm missing the Slave 1 and maybe a few other small ones but even these that i have I like a lot.

JediTricks
04-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Wow, the copyright text tells a very interesting story, one where it appears someone is using the original Action Fleet tooling rather than making their own copy. That is BOLD!

cloneemperor
05-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Well, now that the Miniature Empire is live, I'm taking these pictures down from my Flickr. They can be found here (http://www.miniempire.ca/index.php?page=detail&cat=misc&type=oth&item=1).

RJarvis
05-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Well, now that the Miniature Empire is live, I'm taking these pictures down from my Flickr. They can be found here (http://www.miniempire.ca/index.php?page=detail&cat=misc&type=oth&item=1).

wow! outstanding pics! and it's amazing that there hasn't been some sort of lawsuit over the more than obvious rip off of the original...:whip:

Ross

Darth Duranium
05-15-2009, 12:05 AM

Nice cloneemp! Great site and very timely due to the recent demise of many of the others. I have a crapload of jpgs that might be useful to your site, some of which I've upped to SSG over time. I think I've still got some pics of some prototypes and stuff, if you want them. Send me a PM if you're interested.