PDA

View Full Version : The First Release



Jek Porky 2002
02-22-2002, 02:20 PM
Out of all the figures we've seen which ones are going to be released first, just the ones we've seen carded:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
Padme Amidala (Arena Escape)
Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasant Disguise)
Captain Typho (Padme's Head Of Security)
Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
Tusken Raider (Mother with Tusken Child)
Battle Droid (Arena Battle)
C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry)
Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
Super Battle Droid

Or will some of the ones we've seen at Toy Fair be released aswell?

LTBasker
02-22-2002, 02:29 PM
The 4 Preview figures - March 16th
14 AOTC figures - April 23rd.
Your list is correct.

Beast
02-22-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
The 4 Preview figures - March 16th
14 AOTC figures - April 23rd.
Your list is correct.
Correct, and then either on or just before May 16th the refresh cases will hit with 12 more new figures. Probably 6 in the Collection 1 case and 6 in the Collection 2 case. Since Hasbro has said in their press release that there would be 26 of the new line figures out when the movie opens. These 12 are rumored to be some of the more spoilerish figures, such as Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker: Hanger Duel. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BlahBlahBlah
02-22-2002, 02:57 PM
Question: Will there be any deluxe figures or vehicles released on April 23, or just the basic figures?

Beast
02-22-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BlahBlahBlah
Question: Will there be any deluxe figures or vehicles released on April 23, or just the basic figures?
I believe that the Mace Windu and Jango Fett Deluxe figures are coming on April 23rd. The Darth Tyranus and Obi-Wan Kenobi won't come out til a few weeks later, around May 16th. I think most of the vehicles, creatures, and such will be out on April 23rd. The only ones I know for sure won't will be the Republic Gunship and Arena Playset, those are due in the fall.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BlahBlahBlah
02-22-2002, 03:05 PM
Thanks JarJar.

Darn, I was hoping for at least one Dooku on the 23rd.

sith_killer_99
02-22-2002, 09:30 PM
Wow, so 16 total new figures on the 23rd and if I only buy those that I might want:

Plo Koon $6.44
Kit Fisto $6.44
Jango Fett $6.44
Shaak Ti $6.44
Boba Fett $6.44

Deluxe Jango Fett $9.99

Plus the ones for opening:

Kit Fisto $6.44
Jango Fett $6.99

Deluxe Jango Fett $9.99

That brings the grand total to:

$58.62 plus tax

I guess the big release won't cost me too much afterall.:D

LTBasker
02-22-2002, 10:02 PM
All the ships but the gunship will be probably be released on the 23rd, not too sure about the speeders though. Also, for beasts the Reek will be the only one released and I think basically all the role-play stuff we saw in it's packages will be released.... I get the feeling that everything shown on the aisle toy fair display represents everything that will be in stores.

Paul-Kenobi
02-22-2002, 10:10 PM
Jar Jar the lightsabers are comeing out on the 23th right ?

Beast
02-22-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
Jar Jar the lightsabers are comeing out on the 23th right ?
I believe so, I don't see why they would hold the lightsabers back until the movie opens. It's not like almost 90% of the fan base doesn't know that Dooku has a curved hilted red bladed lightsaber. :D Of course, I think they are gonna put the name "Darth Tyranus" on the box, like they did the deluxe figure, that could make them hold it back.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Amanamike
02-23-2002, 12:04 AM
Hey JarJar do you work at Walmart or something? you seem to know alot about these figure releases??

Beast
02-23-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Amanamike
Hey JarJar do you work at Walmart or something? you seem to know alot about these figure releases??
Nope, wish I did. Maybe I would have better luck finding stuff. All I do is read the best collecting websites including foreign sites and then I archive everything into notepad files in my computer. That way, when someone asks a question I can pull up the proper notepad or wordpad and post stuff. It's cause I love Star Wars and enjoy helping Star Wars fans. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Amanamike
02-23-2002, 12:18 AM
maybe you should start your own site with all that knowledge

LTBasker
02-23-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Nope, wish I did. Maybe I would have better luck finding stuff. All I do is read the best collecting websites including foreign sites and then I archive everything into notepad files in my computer. That way, when someone asks a question I can pull up the proper notepad or wordpad and post stuff. It's cause I love Star Wars and enjoy helping Star Wars fans. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Not too mention he's addicted. :rolleyes: But then again aren't we all in a way. :D

Paul-Kenobi
02-23-2002, 01:32 AM
ahh ok Thanks Jar.

Beast
02-23-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Not too mention he's addicted. :rolleyes: But then again aren't we all in a way. :D
I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime I want to. That's it, I'm swearing off Star Wars figures for 40 days and 40 nights for lent. That would make a much funnier movie then what they did make "40 days and 40 nights" about. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-23-2002, 01:35 AM
You may be able to quit....but who would want to?! :D

Beast
02-23-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
You may be able to quit....but who would want to?! :D
Youssa point is well seen. :D Yeah, my post was a joke. I love 90% of the new Star Wars figures. So, they have me hooked for another year atleast. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks