PDA

View Full Version : TX-130 Republic Fighter Tank

Jedireviewer
04-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Hey does anybody know anything about this vehicle??

http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=09_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FVehicles&pic=Clone-Wars-Republic-Interce.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

LTBasker
04-24-2009, 03:38 PM
It's a big pretty white tank with red stripes, cannons on the sides and hover ability and it looks like a big, jagged Tylenol.

Surely there isn't anything else to know?

pbarnard
04-24-2009, 03:41 PM
It's a big pretty white tank with red stripes, cannons on the sides and hover ability and it looks like a big, jagged Tylenol.

Surely there isn't anything else to know?

Yes there is, and stop calling me Shirley!:whip:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-24-2009, 11:48 PM
It should be coming out in June or so, if that's what you're asking.

JediTricks
04-25-2009, 03:25 PM
It comes from the original Clone Wars video game, and was made popular in the SW Battlefront series of video games. It's supposed to be appearing in the Clone Wars tv series but has yet to show up. I believe the side cannons pivot up and down, the top turret opens to house a second figure, and that turret rotates. Other than that, I think everything we know has been covered.

clone157
04-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Gotta love wookieepedia:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TX-130

DarkJedi5
05-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Just saw some hi-res images and while I wasn't impressed before I am now. There's a lot of nice details on this vehicle but what really got me is that it looks like it has little metal d-rings on the front! I'll be looking for this one in the next month or so.

JediTricks
05-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I saw the latest pic, and I'm a little concerned that it'll be smaller than it should be. Still, that wouldn't bother me, it's just the lack of weathering deco that is its issue, and that certainly won't stop me from buying it. I just wonder if it'll be the breaking point that'll get me into paintwashing and dry-brushing. :p

clone157
05-08-2009, 10:55 PM
I saw the latest pic, and I'm a little concerned that it'll be smaller than it should be. Still, that wouldn't bother me, it's just the lack of weathering deco that is its issue, and that certainly won't stop me from buying it. I just wonder if it'll be the breaking point that'll get me into paintwashing and dry-brushing. :p

Tell me about it JT, I hope this doesn't become the norm on all the vehicles.

figrin bran
05-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Lack of weathering deco might keep me from buying it, however. Couldn't they at least have weathered just the top half like on the Titanium diecast?

JediTricks
05-14-2009, 07:54 PM
So far, all the Clone Wars-themed vehicles have lacked wear for some reason. We should ask them why in Q&A. One of you remind me, I have to run right now but I do want to ask that.

Moldy Crow
05-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Cool to see new vehicles. It looks a little small though. This is a Clone Wars one though right, not Legacy Collection, isn't this the wrong forum?

DarkJedi5
05-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Depends on how you look at it. The vehicle first appeared in the Clone Wars video game but made subsequent appearances in Battlefront and Battlefront 2 (among other games). Yes, it's a Clone Wars era vehicle but since it is not unique to the tv show, I for one don't think it needs to be in that forum. I don't go in there much (I don't buy the CW figures with the exception of Ahsoka) and I think there are more than a few people here like me. Then again, I thought the same was true of the Turbo Tank (which existed in the EU and on film before it did on tv) but that thread was moved to the CW forum.

clone157
05-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Either way, my legacy Ep 2 clones will be requisitioning this vehicle. It's kinda sad, my poor CW troops get nothing but leftovers. Oh well they had it coming for being different.

Ando
05-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Super psyched about this vehicle and plan to get 4-6 of them for my troopers.

It's nice to be getting a star fighter size vehicle for the regular troopers for a change.

JediTricks
05-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Cool to see new vehicles. It looks a little small though. This is a Clone Wars one though right, not Legacy Collection, isn't this the wrong forum?Hmm, you're right. I'll move it.

Depends on how you look at it. The vehicle first appeared in the Clone Wars video game but made subsequent appearances in Battlefront and Battlefront 2 (among other games). Yes, it's a Clone Wars era vehicle but since it is not unique to the tv show, I for one don't think it needs to be in that forum. I don't go in there much (I don't buy the CW figures with the exception of Ahsoka) and I think there are more than a few people here like me. Then again, I thought the same was true of the Turbo Tank (which existed in the EU and on film before it did on tv) but that thread was moved to the CW forum.Well, if you look at it on the box, it says "Clone Wars". :p
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2124

Either way, my legacy Ep 2 clones will be requisitioning this vehicle. It's kinda sad, my poor CW troops get nothing but leftovers. Oh well they had it coming for being different.Mine will be realistic Ep 3 clones, perhaps with a commander in the turret like in Battlefront 2.

Super psyched about this vehicle and plan to get 4-6 of them for my troopers.

It's nice to be getting a star fighter size vehicle for the regular troopers for a change.I thought the V-19 was supposed to be a regular trooper vehicle, or are you not counting that because it should have a clone pilot behind the stick?

Ando
05-21-2009, 07:58 PM
I thought the V-19 was supposed to be a regular trooper vehicle, or are you not counting that because it should have a clone pilot behind the stick?

That's exactly what I meant. I should have been more specific and said non-pilot/non-specialized troopers.

And I do love my V-19's, too. I know they have flaws and a few detractors on this site, but it was pretty awesome to see them realized in plastic 5 years after their first appearance in the micro series.

DarkJedi5
06-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Rumor has it that these are hitting the streets and have been found in some areas. Anybody hear of them turning up in their area?

Ando
06-19-2009, 06:25 PM
I read a report on another site from a reader that found it at WM in Modesto, CA.

Nothing here in the Portland area yet. I have see a handful of Saga Legends in the new packaging, tho.

I plan to hit the stores tomorrow morning, tho. I haven't done it in a while and if the weather is nice, it should be fun.

DarkJedi5
06-19-2009, 07:40 PM
That's probably the same report I read. Modesto is only about an hour or so away from me so I'm hoping to see one soon. Not expecting it but hoping....

JediTricks
06-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Wow, already? Dang!

Val Da Car
06-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Just found south of Milwaukee and Madison (Wisconsin)

JediTricks
06-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Wow! Was it just laying on the street, or did you find it in a store?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2009, 11:55 PM
I got Anakin's starfighter a few days ago, and they had a few other red-packaged ships as well (at a Target in Colorado). The Republic Fighter Tank was long gone, though.

jonthejedi
06-29-2009, 05:31 AM
Hit 5 Targets Sun...keep missing the tank, but the others from assortment are there in new red pkging.

Dark Marble
06-29-2009, 12:11 PM
I got Anakin's starfighter a few days ago, and they had a few other red-packaged ships as well (at a Target in Colorado). The Republic Fighter Tank was long gone, though.

Sorry Jabba, that was me that got the tank. It is awesome though! It is very heavy in the box and feels like it was worth the $20 to pick it up. It is a great vehicle that should compliment the Turbo tank very well!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Sorry Jabba, that was me that got the tank. It is awesome though! It is very heavy in the box and feels like it was worth the $20 to pick it up. It is a great vehicle that should compliment the Turbo tank very well!
No worries! I'm glad it's in good hands. :D

Another Target (the Westminster one) also had some red-box vehicles, but just Obi-Wan's ship and the V-19, so again I missed it by a few days.

JediTricks
06-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Picked this up at Target today.

First thing about the packaging is NO twist-ties or bonding of any kind, the vehicle is held in with cardboard inserts to go around either end of the ship, with plastic baggies inside to protect the paint. It works really well, kudos to Hasbro on this choice.

The diorama insert is pretty decent, it's a rocky part of Geonosis and it folds out pretty big, with sides sticking out at 45 degrees. It's way too tall for the ship, but I'm not worried. The design overall looks good, they have the CGI cartoon Gunships flying overhead and a a Hailfire on the back right blowing something up. There is one funny mistake, they included a couple CGI mk 1 Clone Troopers in the back left, they're not Clone Wars styled, and they're sporting slightly oversized stormtrooper blasters. :D Oops!

The toy itself requires 3 simple assembly, the side missile launchers and the top gun. Then you have to put the missiles into the launchers, of course.

My initial reaction is that it's small and light and under-detailed, but does serve its role well and has GI Joe-type charm, being a regular grunt's tank.

It suffers from Clone Wars minimalistic decos, a lot of the sculpted detail gets utterly lost in the unpainted gray areas, and the red areas aren't bringing out many details either. The packaging shows off tons of weathering on the "fantasy" picture on the front, and then the back has the Hasbro photoshop phony black overspray, so being a large expanse of plain gray is no good. It does have the main touches though, from the Republic logos to the green stripe, and a few silver accents. They paint a few things on the insides of the cockpits and the missile bays (the packaging calls them storage bays). But no rust, no wear at all, it hurts almost as badly as it does on the V-19 Torrent.

Sculpt is pretty good, decent height, it's about 2/3rds scale. I'm just gonna give you the basics:
- 6 external footpegs, they work nicely too.
- covers the overall look.
- underside has sculpted detail.
- sculpted details are a little broad, but not terrible.
- some cockpit sculpting, reasonable foot room.
- rear turret has its own interior, with little foot cutouts so the figure can sit on the chair.
- turret lid opens and lip swivels, but interior does not move so it's hard to rotate the lip.
- window shapes don't have quite the finesse they should, and no actual windows gives a little cheap feeling.
- wheels work quite nicely.
- guns droop a little.
- no inlet paint or much of a sculpt on the side engines.
- turret cannon is undersized and has no handles.
- main cockpit opens gull-wing style, doors are small and seem really hard to work with, but actually fairly easy to work around, and the doors have internal details.
- when only 1 clone is in the main cockpit, there's not enough of a seat divider so the figure will rattle around.

Basically, it's got good GI Joe factor, the size fits 3 figures pretty well, it's great to have the tank from Battlefront and the original Clone Wars game. I've filled it with 3 clones already, they look quite cool.

JetsAndHeels
06-29-2009, 11:58 PM
No twist ties? Shoot, that is enough right there to earn some praise. :)

I am looking forward to picking this up once it hits retail here.

JediTricks
06-30-2009, 02:24 AM
Yeah, it's so sweet to just open a toy and not have to screw around with a million different doodads just to get the toy out.

The foot pegs are a good height for having another 6 guys stand on it, they're short for the articulated ankle pegholes that are shallower. The front one does have the unfortunate placement of being RIGHT in front of the side cannon though.

clone157
07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Just opened mine today, it was worth going to 3 different Targets to find it. It's awesome.

Ando
07-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Just opened mine today, it was worth going to 3 different Targets to find it. It's awesome.

I found one yesterday when I went to lunch. This is arguably one of the best small vehicles ever. My Target had them for $19.99 (plus I saved a nickel when I refused the bag).

There is a LOT of bang for the buck seeing as you can load 9 troopers into/onto this little tank. I loaded the cockpit with 2 Phase I troopers, a blue ARC trooper in the turret, and 4 Phase I troopers on the skids (2 in the back, 2 in the front. And it looks especially cool next to Obi Wan in clone armor riding one of my BARC speeders.

I plan on getting another 4-5 of these as I find them, especially if Target stays at $19.99 for the starfighter assortment.

Kudos to Hasbro on finally making this vehicle.

Val Da Car
07-08-2009, 04:44 PM
All of the Targets by me went to $24.79 or so.

But worth every Penny.

I am down for 4 of these bad boys my self.

Dollar for dollar I think 4 of these are better that the Turbo Tank...maybe.

Ando
07-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Dollar for dollar I think 4 of these are better that the Turbo Tank... maybe.

I would agree with that statement to a point. The Fighter Tank is a true vehicle with lots of value to it (troopers:vehicle). The Turbo Tank is more of a vehicle/playset and it's apples and oranges to compare them.

I have both and like both of them a lot. I won't get another Turbo Tank (unless I find it on sale for $80.00 or less) due to space issues (I bought 6 AT-TE's last summer/fall and they take up a LOT of room), but the Fighter Tank is easily one of my favorite SW toys alongside my BMF and GH Millenium Falcon.

JediTricks
07-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Those poor troopers who have to stand on the outside, they're friggin' doomed!

Man, you guys bought a lot of this one!

clone157
07-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Good for you guys! Hasbro always says that we need to vote with our money, so there you are 'bro. Keep up the quality and we will be happy to shell out our hard earned money. I'd do it too, but I'm out of a job. Thanks for giving us a vehicle that speaks to those of us who love the franchise, not just what we see in the films or on TV.

Ando
07-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Just picked up number 3 on Saturday...

DarkJedi5
07-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Just picked up number 3 on Saturday...

Jealous Ando! I haven't even seen ONE yet! Not to mention you're like the only person I know who's got the Turbo Tank already....

Ando
07-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Jealous Ando! I haven't even seen ONE yet! Not to mention you're like the only person I know who's got the Turbo Tank already....

Keep looking, buddy! They are out there!

As for the TT, I bought it from a local independent toy shop that is run by 1-2 people and the guy knows the line and the product and can control his own inventory and distribution. He got 'em in early and immediately called me.

JediTricks
07-13-2009, 02:34 PM
I hope they do the Imperial version of this from SW Battlefront 1, the IFT-T http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TX-130T_fighter_tank
If any ship from the CW era deserves an Imp paint job, it's that one.

BTW, check out this scale comparison to the Clone Turdo Tank (which is facing backwards, as usual):
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rep_Vehicle_sizes.jpg

Ando
07-13-2009, 02:43 PM
I hope they do the Imperial version of this from SW Battlefront 1, the IFT-T http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TX-130T_fighter_tank
If any ship from the CW era deserves an Imp paint job, it's that one.

BTW, check out this scale comparison to the Clone Turbo Tank (which is facing backwards, as usual):
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rep_Vehicle_sizes.jpg

An Imperial version of the Fighter Tank would be awesome, I know I would buy one or two for my stormtroopers.

Phantom-like Menace
07-14-2009, 02:28 AM
I think I've seen evidence that these have been in my city. If they come packed with other vehicles in the same case, I believe I've seen their casemates. I'm down for four of these for my GAR.

DarkJedi5
07-14-2009, 10:51 AM
I've seen the remnants as well. More frustrating than that is the fact that in my area I used to see vehicles in the new packaging but now it seems like they've reverted to the old blue and white. Unless other stores are shipping their leftovers to the stores around me they must have just found a bunch of the old stuff lying around somewhere. Who knows when they'll switch back to the new stuff again.

Ando
07-15-2009, 11:40 AM
I found my 4th and final Fighter Tank last night at Target. 8:50 pm on a Tuesday, nobody in the toy aisle(s) and it was right on top.

They're getting more plentiful, but unfortunately they're still 1 per case.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-15-2009, 02:41 PM
I finally got one! My mom found one early this morning when she went to Walmart. It's pretty damn slick. I haven't loaded it up with clones yet but I will soon; that should make it even more awesome.

Ando
07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
I finally got one! My mom found one early this morning when she went to Walmart. It's pretty damn slick. I haven't loaded it up with clones yet but I will soon; that should make it even more awesome.

AWESOME! Congratulations!

Tycho
07-17-2009, 10:06 AM
I like it but am not impressed.

It's a large piece of plastic that rolls well, with few features from any significantly working parts. It's like a Galactic Heroes vehicle - that's a good way to describe it.

Still, it's fine for a diorama set piece for Clone Wars or Heir to the Empire (as an Imperial Chariot LAV - since it's doubtful they'll ever make one).

The scarred and battle smoked "Star Wars look" was not applied to this vehicle, and like the V-19 Torrent, it's too clean.

This will sound contradictory, but it's dull and boring, but I'm glad to own 2.

:rolleyes:

Now the Separatists need to get that Corporate Alliance Tank Droid and the Droid Gunship (the latter never even rumored).

Let's see:

Republic................................Separatist s

E2 Delta 7 Jedi Starfighter........Grievous' Starfighter
E3 Jedi Starfighter...................IG Magnaguard Starfighter
Republic Gunship.....................AAT Tank
AT-TE...................................Homing Spider Droid
TX-130 Tank..........................Hailfire Droid
AT-AP...................................Corporate Alliance Tank Droid (coming soon)
V-19 Torrent..........................Geonosian Fighter
V-Wing Fighter........................Vulcher Droid Fighter (large)
AT-RT...................................Vulcher Droid Fighters (small)
Y-Wing Fighter........................Dwarf Spider Droid
Speederbike............................STAP
TurboTank

I know I'm forgetting about stuff. There's a pretty good-sized arsenol already available.

How about:

Dooku's Solar Sailor?
Droid Gunship?
Ventress' ship?
The Twilight?

DarkArtist
07-18-2009, 08:50 AM
found the tank last night in Walmart.....love it. :love: might have to get a few of these guys for a diorama.

JediTricks
07-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Features:
Top hatch opens
Main hold hatch opens, left and right sides
Top turret rotates
Movable side guns
Side guns fire spring-loaded projectiles
Rolling wheels

It does stuff, it's just not big flashy stuff or automatic gimmick stuff, instead it concentrates on regular play / display features.

Now the clones have something to shoot back at the Spider Droid, as well as the upcoming WM-exclusive Tri Droid and Tank Droid.

BTW, "vulture", "arsenal".

Tycho
07-18-2009, 02:38 PM
BTW, "vulture", "arsenal".

Dah V-wing buy compairisng:

Feechures:

pop-opin wings
fore fiwring missells
addjwustwable tale fwaps
landung geer
opening **** pit for dah piwrot
moowabal wazer canyons
battell-warn paint scweeem

Features:
Top hatch opens
Main hold hatch opens, left and right sides
Top turret rotates
Movable side guns
Side guns fire spring-loaded projectiles
Rolling wheels

It does stuff, it's just not big flashy stuff or automatic gimmick stuff, instead it concentrates on regular play / display features.

Now the clones have something to shoot back at the Spider Droid, as well as the upcoming WM-exclusive Tri Droid and Tank Droid.

JediTricks
07-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Yeah, but not everything is the V-wing, compare it to the V-19 or your precious Sith Infiltrator. :p The TX-130 also compares well to the Magnaguard Fighter and Grievious' Starfighter, both of which I do like, and compares ok against the Hailfire Droid or Homie Spider Droid (which is baby-mama to the Dwarf Spider Droid). If it had more sculpted or painted detail, I think it'd be thought of better than the AT-AP.

Phantom-like Menace
07-19-2009, 03:09 AM
Grabbed one today, finally. I really haven't had a lot of time to play with it, and I haven't put any clones in it, but I'm more than happy to finally get one. I kind of need more clones, though, now.

JediTricks
07-19-2009, 01:36 PM
That was my first thought too, "gotta buy more clones to go in this thing", but thinking about it for a second, I realized I actually have a bunch of figures that can go in it, I just don't have them centralized. Even sitting on the couch watching TV, I was able to grab 3 nifty ROTS-era clones to go in mine just laying around nearby.

Phantom-like Menace
07-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Strictly speaking, I have plenty of clones that are sitting in a box of miscellaneous figures, but most of them are Tank Gunner sculpt figures which I've "retired," figures of Bly's legion, which I don't want to use as vehicle drivers or other clones I've decided not to use.

And when I finally get my hands on a Turbo Tank, I'll need even more clones.

Tycho
07-20-2009, 04:28 AM
Hmmm. The thing is, as a diorama builder, this is well thought-out.

There are no windows in the Republic Tank where you could see if there were or were not figures manning it.

Like the AT-TE and AT-AT, I can put these vehicles in my dioramas un-manned and when it's behind glass, no one would know the difference. Saves money on troops...

JediTricks
07-20-2009, 01:57 PM
There are 2 dummy windows and 2 actual windows on the TX-130, I'm looking at mine and can see 1 of the drivers through them. The other guy seems to be leaning slightly out of the way of his window.

Phantom-like Menace
07-27-2009, 02:43 AM
I've been looking around and still can't find a second of these. I hit three Wal-Marts Saturday night when my plans for the evening fell through, and I hit Target and TRU yesterday afternoon. I did find a Marvel Universe Hobgoblin, so I grabbed that and another Hand Ninja.

I'm not too worried about it. I'll have plenty of time to get three more, but it's just more of that annoying situation where you want to buy it but Hasbro doesn't seem to want to provide it. That and I just know when I find more, it'll be at the same time I find the Turbo Tank, the Marvel Legends Nemesis series and the Marvel Universe three-packs (Firestar will be mine!). When it rains . . .

DarkJedi5
07-27-2009, 08:59 AM
I myself finally found a fighter tank over the weekend and it's awesome. It was also my first opportunity to see the included dioramas and they are pretty cool too. They certainly seem to add a little something to your purchase though I'll probably just end up throwing it out in a week or so.

DarkArtist
07-27-2009, 11:37 AM
I've been looking around and still can't find a second of these. I hit three Wal-Marts Saturday night when my plans for the evening fell through, and I hit Target and TRU yesterday afternoon. I did find a Marvel Universe Hobgoblin, so I grabbed that and another Hand Ninja.

I'm not too worried about it. I'll have plenty of time to get three more, but it's just more of that annoying situation where you want to buy it but Hasbro doesn't seem to want to provide it. That and I just know when I find more, it'll be at the same time I find the Turbo Tank, the Marvel Legends Nemesis series and the Marvel Universe three-packs (Firestar will be mine!). When it rains . . .

check out stores like BJ's and Sams Club. i spotted a palet of the new ships and tanks there on Friday night marked at $17.99. might go back tonight and pick up another tank and Anakin's yellow starfighter

Phantom-like Menace
07-28-2009, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I don't have a Sam's Club membership, but my brother and two of our friends do, so I'll have them keep an eye out.

Tycho
08-07-2009, 03:12 AM
I'm putting the gunners that come with the TurboTank in my Republic Fighter Tank.

I just need one more.

DarkJedi5
08-07-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm putting the gunners that come with the TurboTank in my Republic Fighter Tank.

I just need one more.

Buy another Turbo Tank!

sonofsokol
08-07-2009, 02:05 PM

I just need one more.

I think they are releasing/have released that figure on a card (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=30921)

I haven't yet recieved by Turbo tank for my birthday (yet), so I am not sure if that is the same figure.

DarkJedi5
08-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Looks like the same figure to me. Just with the canon instead of a little blaster.

JediTricks
08-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Looks like the same figure to me. Just with the canon instead of a little blaster.
Unique shoulderpads and chest armor.

DarkJedi5
08-07-2009, 04:03 PM
It's the color that's different (turbo tank pack in is beige not grey). Otherwise it's the same sculpt. So I guess there is a slight tweak there.

Bainreese
08-10-2009, 05:02 PM
I can't find thees Fighter Tanks. Target, WM, TRU,...nadda.

What's more, BBTS is out of them and HTS doesn't even seem to have them on the website...let alone out of stock.

Hrm

Tycho
08-10-2009, 06:13 PM
They'll eventually get to you. Your stores have probably already gotten them but either employees bought them or the Target ones at least sold at 8:05 am to the people who waited outside the doors since 7:45.

Not sure how competative it is in Seattle, or how many Jedi Starfighters you still have sitting around on the shelves blocking the order of new additions to that assortment.

Bainreese
08-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Indeed.

I was just hoping to get them prior to being gone overseas for the next month. Hopefully they are still on the shelves when I return.

I'm pretty impressed with what Hasbro is able to do at the $20 price point right now. Outside of the lack of weathering, these little puppies have a lot more play value than the vehicles I grew up with.

Ando
08-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Indeed.

I was just hoping to get them prior to being gone overseas for the next month. Hopefully they are still on the shelves when I return.

These will continue to be available for a few months, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I found 4 within 10 days when they first hit. Now I see them all the time.

Tycho
08-10-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm pretty impressed with what Hasbro is able to do at the $20 price point right now. Outside of the lack of weathering, these little puppies have a lot more play value than the vehicles I grew up with.

Yeah, I noticed: the lack of weathering / battle damage is really disturbing (for Star Wars anyway).

The first time I can recall being disappointed by that was with the V-19 Torrent fighter. The mold is very good but if it was "carbon-streaked" from battles, I'd be loving it. I'm sure Hasbro is fixing to re-release these later with repaints when they've made their money back for the tooling. Then they'll just capitalize on it because they already got fan-feedback that we're chomping for weathered ships.

My advice: buy stock in Hasbro. They know what they are doing. You might as well get paid for it, too - while you're paying them at the same time.

Bainreese
08-10-2009, 11:57 PM
It appears my luck has changed.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8026/img2520m.jpg

First off...this was $24.99 not $20. The recent price hikes across the board for Hasbro must have affected this as well. Still, I'm very pleased with it. They continue to put detail into areas I wouldn't expect them to.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8371/img2527rnr.jpg

This screen inside the turret is just one of a few surprises I hadn't seen in other photos yet.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6260/img2521k.jpg

The two holes at the front are interesting. There are deep panel lines beneath correspond with it and I wonder if it's possible that sometime in the future this might be an added as they aren't something that actually exists in the concept art that I have found on Wookiepedia.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6321/img2524m.jpg

Peek-a-boo!

Scackmgackm
08-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Target will take back just about anything if you have the original box and the receipt...they have no idea what assembled is or not...and I've been thinking about bringing this back.

I was psyched when I first saw that a 3 3/4" scale fighter tank was coming out, as I loved the Clone Wars game in which it debuted and always thought it looked cool. I was happy when I got the Titanium.

It seems like the 3 3/4" release is just lacking. It's kind of boring, to be honest. I'm wondering how other people who actually own it feel about it.

I'm just thinking it doesn't deserve a spot in the collection. Compared to say the Vulture Droid from the same release wave, it doesn't hold up.

Bainreese
08-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I think this has a lot of play value for the price. Plus the possibilities for customizing are there. First thing I'm going to do is add the twin antenna. Second is to give it some weathering.

Phantom-like Menace
08-13-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm perfectly happy with the one I have and can't wait to get three more. I've got it at work with me tonight to take some pictures.

I just want to actually find more of these. I've grabbed the only one I've seen, and I've been looking for others almost every day.

DarkJedi5
08-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Yeah, no complaints from me either. I grabbed the only one I've seen and I love it. I set it up next to my Turbo Tank (which I saw you're also thinking about taking back) and it really made for a cool mini scene with just a few clones and an Obi-Wan. I really like this vehicle and it's one that I would buy repainted in a rise of the empire scheme like in the game.

JediTricks
08-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Anybody have a link to someone's custom weathered paint job? I've been searching but cannot find any, would love to see how it looks. I've done zero paint customs, but this would tempt me into that perhaps.

Darkross
08-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Does anyone have the SKU # for the Clone Wars Republic Fighter Tank? I've been looking in Eastern Canada and Maine at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Toys R Us and Zellers, and cannot find this. My son is desperate to find one soon. I see the new wave of figs out on the new card backs, however no new vehicles... Can anyone help me out?

Ando
08-17-2009, 04:19 PM
How about this? Does this help?

Darkross
08-17-2009, 04:22 PM
How about this? Does this help?

I think so...where did you buy it from ? Wal-Mart ? Usually the department store SKU will be on the receipt if you still have it. Thanks alot for the POP...I'll try that!

Ando
08-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I think so...where did you buy it from ? Wal-Mart ? Usually the department store SKU will be on the receipt if you still have it. Thanks alot for the POP...I'll try that!

I got all 4 of mine at Target. Their star fighters were priced at $19.99 when I got them and we don't have sales tax here in OR.

I threw the receipts out a while back. Sorry.

Hope it works!

Darkross
08-17-2009, 04:32 PM
I got all 4 of mine at Target. Their star fighters were priced at $19.99 when I got them and we don't have sales tax here in OR.

I threw the receipts out a while back. Sorry.

Hope it works!

Thanks alot Ando!

Ando
08-17-2009, 04:34 PM
You're very welcome!

I hope you find it. It's a really neat toy!

Bainreese
08-20-2009, 05:42 AM
If you can't find it at a shop HTS has it in stock currently and you can use the SW2009 promo code of 10% off to offset some of the shipping cost.

JediTricks
08-20-2009, 06:57 PM
If you can't find it at a shop HTS has it in stock currently and you can use the SW2009 promo code of 10% off to offset some of the shipping cost.
Does HTS ship to Canada?

Bainreese
08-21-2009, 03:49 AM
Does HTS ship to Canada?

Didn't realize you were in Canada. Might not be as economical at that point, but yes...they do ship to Canada.

Darkross
09-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I have been all over, and still cannot find this ship. Apparently the Wal-Marts in the USA are all using the same SKU number for the Vulture Droid, TX-130, Vader's Tie, Asoka's Starfighter etc... It is really frustrating to find all of the other ships in the assortment...but not the TX-130. I don't even think that they are available in Canada yet. I've been to a couple of Wal-Marts in the USA, and at least 3 in Canada...and no dice!