PDA

View Full Version : new y-wing

nohagent
04-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Is it really necesary for these new toys, such as the y-wing to be 79.99. I mean, come on. We all know that as much as we wish to send our kids to college, that our collections will never do that with market saturation as it is. Honestly, I love to buy these new toys for my kids to play with. I get so much more enjoyment from that than watching my starcases gather dust. My old star wars toys look like debris from the second death star battle. I have be a collector since 95' and its true, I do get caught up in value. For example I wanted to give my son my POTF AT-AT but when I saw it was worth $150 on ebay it was hard for me to fathom giving a 6 year old $150 of toy for fun. Shoot, my dad wouldnt pay $99 when I was a kid for the USS Flagg and it was huge. Im sick of Hasbro and their outrageous pricing. These items should be priced for kids to play with. All these plastics are going to have to be recycled in the future anyway in order to keep up with our demands for oil.

Kidhuman
04-27-2009, 12:51 PM
No its not. And I aint buying it for that price. I didnt bu the Falcon until Clearance and got the AT-TE for a present, so I am ahead of the game.

nohagent
04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
yeah, i did the falcon too, amazon.com $100 not ax and free shipping, the kids love it

mtriv73
04-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Have they said anything about electronics for this? I think the MSRP is going to be $69 which is a little better than what some e-tailers are charging. For that price though, you'd hope all the armor plating comes off so you can make it into an OT Y-wing. It had better have some nice sound functions too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2009, 01:32 PM
The MSRP is $59.99. I think that's acceptable for the Y-wing, but for the repainted ARC-170, not so much. Online prices are almost always higher.

Blue2th
04-27-2009, 01:59 PM
That's pretty high price. I really want this one. I love the design.
I wonder are we getting any extras included for that like a Matchstick Clone Pilot (my choice of figure) Astromech droid or Ashoka gunner?

I remember paying a higher than normal price for the TRU exclusive red and blue Y-Wing though.

Snowtrooper
04-27-2009, 02:08 PM
$59.99 is on the high side, but I'd probably still get it unless I discovered something about it I really disliked. For the ARC-170, its definitely too much, but I probably wouldn't buy it for any price since I already own one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2009, 02:26 PM
That's pretty high price. I really want this one. I love the design.
I wonder are we getting any extras included for that like a Matchstick Clone Pilot (my choice of figure) Astromech droid or Ashoka gunner?

I remember paying a higher than normal price for the TRU exclusive red and blue Y-Wing though.
I think we're just getting the ship and the missiles and so on. An exclusive pack-in figure would really help soften the blow, though.

Blue2th
04-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I still have to have it.
You would think that with the Y-Wing's release maybe Hasbro will also do a pilot and possible gunner to put in it besides Oddball, he's more of a V-19 Torrent Pilot.

I vote Matchstick even though he went up like one. :)

Ando
04-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Since it's an all new toy, I will definitely buy 2.

The repainted ARC-170 will be an easy pass but only for the price.

I think it'd look pretty cool to have a couple of the Imperial deco'd ARC-170's to go with the all black Darth Vader Sith Starfighter, but not for $60-$80 each.

Blue2th
04-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Maybe if we saw the Shadow Arc-170 in Clone Wars, but I haven't seen any Shadow vehicles. Maybe in the comics, or are they from the made up universe?
Ya know night fighters usually have special radar antennas or extra things on their fuselage for night fighting.
I don't know why these stealth vehicles would appeal to fans except for some kind of Darth Vader, Batman, Swat, Special Ops, Delta Force everything black fixation, which I kinda do but not enough to spend that amount of dough.

Ando
04-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Maybe if we saw the Shadow Arc-170 in Clone Wars, but I haven't seen any Shadow vehicles. Maybe in the comics, or are they from the made up universe?

It seems to me they're probably made up, just like Vader's Sith Starfighter from 2006/2007.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Darth Vader's starfighter was seen in the New Essential Chronology, and the Hasbro one looks more or less like that. I know the book was published before the toy was released, but I don't know which one was developed first.

The shadow ARC-170 is supposed to be from after the Clone Wars, as if the Empire was still using Republic ships but making them more Empire-y. I don't think there have even been any regular ARC-170s in the show yet.

Blue2th
04-27-2009, 05:57 PM
It seems to me they're probably made up, just like Vader's Sith Starfighter from 2006/2007.

Yeah I got that one along with R4-K5, the Shadow Troopers, Shadow Bikers, a host of Shadow this and that and the other, but I'm through with that now ya know. :rolleyes: lol

Maybe by the time they get to the phase 2 armor like they did in the cartoon closer to ROTS story line we might see some Arc Fighters in the new Clone Wars, but like you say JJ none appeared yet.

Ando
04-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Don't get me wrong, I still love all of the shadow stuff. I thought the Storm Commando Comic Con exclusive from 2007 was awesome enough to get 4 (some were on sale a few months later).

And I have no idea how many Utapau Shadow Troopers I have, but I won't get the Shadow ARC unless it's a gift or on sale for cheap.

SplFrcsCWO
05-05-2009, 03:12 PM
We all know that as much as we wish to send our kids to college, that our collections will never do that with market saturation as it is.

That is the wrong reason to buy them... buy them because you want to. I run into this in the gun business. People want to buy an MG because the average price is $15k (at the moment) and appreciate ~ 15%-20% a year. Not a bad return, eh? Those values could be wiped out overnight by legislation. In the case of Star Wars, Hasbro could release an "exclusive" a year or two later as a general release and you take a hit (ie, Shadow Troopers et al).

Bel-Cam Jos
05-05-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm sating my desire for this item by going for the Lego version (about the same price, IIRC). Have had no pull towards Hasbro vehicles for a long time (last one I bought? hmm... POTF2 Skiff? POTJ B-Wing?)

Moldy Crow
05-18-2009, 06:01 PM
This ship looks really cool. The price is hard to accept, but it's the only version I want. If it was cheaper though, I think I would have bought at least 2 and put other guys in the other one. Maybe there will be a repaint down the line.

Blue2th
06-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Jedi Defender has prototype pics of the new CW Y-Wing:

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1244186332,95148,

JEDIpartner
06-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Jedi Defender has prototype pics of the new CW Y-Wing:

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1244186332,95148,

Weird... that link isn't working for me. I wonder if this will work...

CLICK HERE (http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1244186332,95148,)

Snowtrooper
06-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know if the droid slot will hold just CW astros or all types?

JediTricks
06-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Weird... that link isn't working for me. I wonder if this will work...

CLICK HERE (http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1244186332,95148,)It didn't work because the system didn't auto-parse the URL as it had a comma at the end (a very oldschool way to do that sort of URL, not search-engine friendly).

Thanks for the links guys. That thing looks boss! I think the rear struts are on upside-down in that last pic though.

Does anyone know if the droid slot will hold just CW astros or all types?Should fit *some* non-animated Astromech figures. That was the case on the CW Jedi Starfighter, it fit the VOTC-style R2-D2 figure great, but older figures were hit or miss because of a lack of accurate design, and I think the build-a-droid droids were problematic due to their shoulder width, but I am not 100% on that.

Blue2th
06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
It didn't work because the system didn't auto-parse the URL as it had a comma at the end (a very oldschool way to do that sort of URL, not search-engine friendly).

Thanks for the links guys. That thing looks boss! I think the rear struts are on upside-down in that last pic though.

Thanks for helping me out JP :thumbsup:
That seems to happen a lot linking to Jedi Defender. I thought maybe a block or something, and I always give them credit, turns out it's just a comma.

It's gonna be huge! can't wait!

DarkArtist
06-17-2009, 02:50 PM
i so want at least 4 of these but the high price tag is forcing me to hold off and get maybe tops 2. wanted to do a sorta clone wars dio with the clones, anakin, ashoka and the y-wings

SirSteve
06-26-2009, 03:21 PM
We posted studio photos loose and packaged. Check out the homepage for the article.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Nice update! The colors look a little too orange, though. The yellow should be more mustard, like in this picture (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/d4/BTL-B_Y-wing_fighter.jpg). Still, it looks sweet.

Snowtrooper
06-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Anyone know what the dimensions are? It seems pretty good sized when looking at the droid slot. I wish it had a grimy appearance, but I'll still probably get one.

DarkJedi5
06-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Anyone know what the dimensions are? It seems pretty good sized when looking at the droid slot. I wish it had a grimy appearance, but I'll still probably get one.

Grimy? In the episode aren't these supposed to be prototypes? Therefore clean and shiny?

Snowtrooper
06-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Grimy? In the episode aren't these supposed to be prototypes? Therefore clean and shiny?

Your probably right, but I usually like for my SW vehicles to have some type of weathering on them. Makes them look less like toys and more like the real thing.