PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe Q&A Round 2

DarkArtist
04-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Hey Guys,

SirSteve has asked me again to get 3 questions together for a Q&A with Hasbro. I need the questions by Saturday night so that I can forward them to Steve.

This is the place to ask if you questions about the 25th line, Rise of Cobra Line, or the new Resolute Series.

The questions will be the same as before and run similiar to the Q&A's for Star Wars.

Any and all questions will be considered.

Blue2th
04-28-2009, 09:11 AM
GI Joe fans have been seeing sneak peaks of new Resolute characters that were not in the series like Red Star. Are these comic tie ins or does this mean there are more Resolute episodes in the works?

Recently pics of Resolute Destro and Baroness have surfaced. While Destro looks like he did in the series, Baroness' uniform which is supposed to match Destro's does not. Any plans to correct this?

pbarnard
04-28-2009, 11:08 AM
A lot of rumors and loose/pirated/stolen figures are swirling thanks to the movie. This has collectors confused. We've seen a couple versions of figures on single cards that are scheduled to be released with the Cobra Island 7 packs. Are any of these 7-pack figures scheduled for single card/comic/other mutlipack release?

El Chuxter
04-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Two questions:

1)

It may be jumping the gun a bit, but the reaction to Resolute seems overwhelmingly positive. Is there any chance of an ongoing series set in this universe, with the same "mature" tone? Though Resolute seems to be the final confrontation between the Joes and Cobra in this world, there are hints of a rich history between the two; could such a series be a prequel of sorts of Resolute, detailing this backstory? The fates of the characters who appear in Resolute would already be determined, obviously, but there could still be a good deal of suspense about other characters (some major players, like Mindbender, the Dreadnoks, and the Crimson Twins) who don't appear in Resolute for whatever in-universe reason.

2) (related closely to pbarnard's)

Pictures of two different versions of Chuckles have surfaced--the official picture of the figure from the upcoming 7-pack without his trademark Hawaiian shirt, and another unofficial picture with the shirt. Is there going to be a variant or running change of the 7-pack, and, if so, are you prepared for legions of fans who want their Chuckles in his classic costume to storm your offices with pitchforks? (Okay, just kidding. Sort of.)

DarkArtist
04-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Here's a couple as well:

When we will se more Resolute product on shelves ? will we see vehicles from the series?

Is the Resolute Series going to be released on DVD or for download on portable music systems ? will it come with bonue features as well ?

The 25th Aniversary Series DVD sets were amazing but for most of us set 5 is all but impossible to find and always out of stock on HasbroToyShop.com. any chance of re-releasing this set for those of use looking to complete our MASS Device ?

pbarnard
04-28-2009, 11:55 AM
The 25th Aniversary Series DVD sets were amazing but for most of us set 5 is all but impossible to find and always out of stock on HasbroToyShop.com. any chance of re-releasing this set for those of use looking to complete our MASS Device ?

Asked and answered by Joebattlelines in the last Q&A.

And my question if it can be merged with Chux or not, feel free to rework/reword (anyone).

El Chuxter
04-28-2009, 12:19 PM
How about this? I added a couple of other details.

A lot of rumors and pictures of loose/pirated/stolen figures are circulating online. This has collectors confused. We've seen a couple of versions of figures that are scheduled to be released with the Cobra Island 7-packs (Zap and the damaged BAT) on single cards, as well as photos of Chuckles with his Hawaiian shirt and a Zap that looks like it could possibly have his mustache (as seen in the comic). A fourth figure from the sets, the Night Creeper, has been seen in two different color schemes, but photos of an upcoming Wal-Mart exclusive 2-pack seem to explain the second color scheme. Are any of the other 7-pack figures scheduled for single card release, or in an upcoming comic pack or multipack? Or is there a variant or running change planned for the Cobra Island 7-packs?

pbarnard
04-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Works for me. Want to add Alley Viper?

bigbarada
04-28-2009, 09:50 PM
All of my questions would be Resolute related as well. I have a feeling that Hasbro will either be more than anxious to talk about the possibilities of new Resolute episodes, or they will try to downplay the series. Either reaction would reveal a lot about their future plans for Resolute.

My question would be:

So far, we've seen a few Resolute action figures that utilize all new sculpts for their characters (Duke, Cobra Commander, Cobra Trooper) and some photos have been released of upcoming Resolute figures like Roadblock and Gung-Ho. However, Roadblock and Gung-Ho seem to be kitbashed from existing figures and aren't as accurate to their appearance in the cartoon. So, are we going to get all-new, more accurate sculpts for Resolute Roadblock and Gung-Ho in the future?

DarkArtist
05-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Hey Guys, keep the questions coming. SirSteve asked me to also get some questions regarding the Resolute series as well. check out the text below. I'll submit 3 of questions to Hasbro and another 3 questions to the creators of Resolute.

Hi All,

Now that you have had the opportunity to see the entirety of G.I. Joe: Resolute and have been wowed along with all of us we now offer you the chance to ask its creators any burning questions about the series. Joaquim Dos Santos (Supervising Director/Art Director), Dan Norton (Lead Art Designer) and Steve Drucker (Executive Producer) will be answering a select set questions chosen from those submitted by fans via the special Q&A submission form found at http://www.hasbro.com/resolute/resolute/en_US/ask.cfm.

Between now and 11:59pm on Sunday, May 3, fans are asked to submit questions to the G.I. Joe: Resolute team. On Thursday, May 7th, a special video will be broadcast on gijoeresolute.com, with Joaquim, Dan and Steve answering some of the more popular and interesting questions submitted by you, the fans.

If you could please share this exciting opportunity with your readers A.S.A.P. that would be great.

Yo Joe!

Darth Jax
05-01-2009, 08:42 AM
my question would concern the movie. since hasbro owns the characters and the movie is based on their creations did they have any creative oversight or guidance with the upcoming movie?

DarkArtist
05-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Here's the questions so far for the Q&A:

1.) GI Joe fans have been seeing sneak peaks of new Resolute characters that were not in the series like Red Star. Are these comic tie ins or does this mean there are more Resolute episodes in the works?

2.) Recently pics of Resolute Destro and Baroness have surfaced. While Destro looks like he did in the series, Baroness' uniform which is supposed to match Destro's does not. Any plans to correct this?

3.) A lot of rumors and loose/pirated/stolen figures are swirling thanks to the movie. This has collectors confused. We've seen a couple versions of figures on single cards that are scheduled to be released with the Cobra Island 7 packs. Are any of these 7-pack figures scheduled for single card/comic/other mutlipack release?

4.) It may be jumping the gun a bit, but the reaction to Resolute seems overwhelmingly positive. Is there any chance of an ongoing series set in this universe, with the same "mature" tone? Though Resolute seems to be the final confrontation between the Joes and Cobra in this world, there are hints of a rich history between the two; could such a series be a prequel of sorts of Resolute, detailing this backstory? The fates of the characters who appear in Resolute would already be determined, obviously, but there could still be a good deal of suspense about other characters (some major players, like Mindbender, the Dreadnoks, and the Crimson Twins) who don't appear in Resolute for whatever in-universe reason.

5.) A lot of rumors and pictures of loose/pirated/stolen figures are circulating online. This has collectors confused. We've seen a couple of versions of figures that are scheduled to be released with the Cobra Island 7-packs (Zap and the damaged BAT) on single cards, as well as photos of Chuckles with his Hawaiian shirt and a Zap that looks like it could possibly have his mustache (as seen in the comic). A fourth figure from the sets, the Night Creeper, has been seen in two different color schemes, but photos of an upcoming Wal-Mart exclusive 2-pack seem to explain the second color scheme. Are any of the other 7-pack figures scheduled for single card release, or in an upcoming comic pack or multipack? Or is there a variant or running change planned for the Cobra Island 7-packs?

6.) When we will se more Resolute product on shelves ? will we see vehicles from the series?

7.) Is the Resolute Series going to be released on DVD or for download on portable music systems ? will it come with bonue features as well

8.) So far, we've seen a few Resolute action figures that utilize all new sculpts for their characters (Duke, Cobra Commander, Cobra Trooper) and some photos have been released of upcoming Resolute figures like Roadblock and Gung-Ho. However, Roadblock and Gung-Ho seem to be kitbashed from existing figures and aren't as accurate to their appearance in the cartoon. So, are we going to get all-new, more accurate sculpts for Resolute Roadblock and Gung-Ho in the future?

9.) At Comic-Con last year, when Hasbro first revealed the Resolute designs, Destro had a bionic arm. This is seen in the upcoming figure as well. During the presentation, someone on the Hasbro panel (I don't recall who) commented that Destro would do something "really cool" with his bionic arm. What was this "really cool" thing, and why didn't it appear in the final Resolute cartoon?

El Chuxter
05-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Another Resolute question occurred to me:

At Comic-Con last year, when Hasbro first revealed the Resolute designs, Destro had a bionic arm. This is seen in the upcoming figure as well. During the presentation, someone on the Hasbro panel (I don't recall who) commented that Destro would do something "really cool" with his bionic arm. What was this "really cool" thing, and why didn't it appear in the final Resolute cartoon?

DarkArtist
05-01-2009, 10:22 AM
here's pics of the upcoming SDCC Destro exclusive figure out of the package from hisstank.com

El Chuxter
05-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Reusing the mold again? Man. Why don't they slap the freaking Tomax and Xamot heads on that body, already?

DarkArtist
05-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Reusing the mold again? Man. Why don't they slap the freaking Tomax and Xamot heads on that body, already?

I agree would love to see them use the body to give an Extensive Enterprises versions of Tomax and Xamot.

El Chuxter
05-03-2009, 10:47 AM
It's going to turn out like the BotCon Thundercracker, where fans ask for something that would be an incredibly easy figure for them to do, and they only do it for five people in Milwaukee.

figrin bran
05-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Please don't mention Botcon Thundercracker again! :cry:

El Chuxter
02-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Are they still doing Joe Q&A's?

Can we ask them if maybe, considering the critical and commercial success of the GIJoe: Cobra comic book miniseries, they might release Tomax and Xamot in business suits for the Pursuit of Cobra line (since those characters haven't appeared in the films yet)? Really, it could be the Cobra Commander/Destro body with the two Crimson Twin heads added on.

I only bring it up because, somewhat surprisingly given how it pegwarmed a year ago, that 2-pack seems to be pretty steep on the secondary market. Since I'd have to buy two Comic-Con Destro sets for the bodies anyway, they could end up costing something insane like $40+ each to do that simple headswap (unless I get lucky and find one on a shelf in a store no one goes to, like almost any K-Mart).

pbarnard
02-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Are they still doing Joe Q&A's?

Yep, still are. The 20 or so sites that submit still ask the same question 20 times. :thumbsup: