PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair 2002 25th Anniversary Darth Vader Pre-order!!??

Beast
02-22-2002, 03:13 PM
Well, it popped up on the Fan Club website for pre-order, even though you couldn't pre-order it cause it came up as out of stock for an hour or so and was pulled down again. Thanks to my friend for alerting me to it's prescence there. Here is what the Fan Club put up about the Vader. Enjoy :D

Price: 14.99 Qty: Customer Limit Daily: 2 / Weekly: 4

Sorry this product is currently out of stock.

The Toy Fair 2002 25th Anniversary Darth Vader is available for pre-order only. This product will be shipped to arrive at your door as soon as it is received in our warehouse.

25 years ago, the world was first introduced to the wonders of the Star Wars universe. George Lucas' fantasy not only revolutionized the film industry, but also changed forever the way kids dream and play. From the saga's very beginning, Kenner/Hasbro and Lucasfilm have teamed to recreate the fun and excitement of the Star Wars movies through action figures, vehicles, and playsets designed for kids of all ages.

A quarter of a century later, Star Wars remains as popular and relevant as ever. With the saga ready to embark on its latest adventure with Episode II Attack of the Clones, Hasbro has created its most detailed, authentic, and (most importantly) fun Star Wars toys yet to thrill a whole new generation of fans.

This Darth Vader figure was created especially for the 2002 New York Toy Fair to commemorate twenty-five years of Star Wars magic from Lucasfilm and Hasbro, and to celebrate the upcoming release of Episode II. May the Force be with you!

Made by Hasbro

Due to special packaging requirements of these items, all orders that contain one or more Toy Fair 2002 25th Anniversary Darth Vader action figure will incur an adjusted shipping fee and will not qualify for any other regular, discounted, or promotional shipping fees.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Did anybody get an order in?

Beast
02-22-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
Did anybody get an order in?
I don't think they meant to put it up, because when I tried to pre-order I got a "Sorry that item is out of stock" page. And that was when the page was still up. I think they realized they put it up to early or with the wrong info, price, or somthing. But looks like since they are not super limiting them to like 1 per person there should be enough for everyone that wants 1 or 2 to get them. And 14.99, sure a heck of alot cheaper then Ebay. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-22-2002, 03:46 PM
Ahh, cool. I thought you meant by the time you found out that they were on-line, they were sold out already. I got you now.

Lord Tenebrous
02-22-2002, 03:55 PM
From Hasbro Celebration II Sweepstake site:

(60) Third Prizes: Exclusive Star Wars Toy Fair action figure. Approximate retail value of each Third Prize is $7.99.

And this is why I loathe the Fan Club. :Pirate:

Beast
02-22-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
And this is why I loathe the Fan Club. :Pirate:
Could be worse, they could sell some merchandise thru Ebay like some on-line etailers do. Now that's what I call being a :Pirate: . Besides, 14.99 compared to 200 or so on Ebay. I'll take the 14.99. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Rage
02-26-2002, 04:29 AM
cool.. he looks like vader from the final duel 3 pack

Beast
02-26-2002, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Darth Rage
cool.. he looks like vader from the final duel 3 pack
That's cause it is. :D Alot of people originally thought it was the Flashback Vader. But the Flashback Vader has arm articulation and the one from the Final Duel Cinema Scene doesn't. Plus the cape is the exact same. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Drew
02-26-2002, 09:32 AM
I Pre-Ordered one on Sat. 2/23. Now that I think back I should of ordered Two of them, Oh Well.....

James Boba Fettfield
02-26-2002, 09:38 AM
I eas able to order two of them Saturday night about midnight EST.