PDA

View Full Version : Where's Jargo?

Jek Porky 2002
02-22-2002, 04:34 PM
Has anyone seen Jargo just lately, I've not seen any new posts from him just lately.

Beast
02-22-2002, 04:44 PM
Emporer Jargo has decided to leave us, possibly forever. From his last post sounds like he was sick of people liking the new AOTC's figures. Talk about a case of overreacting. :rolleyes: Here is a copy of his last post:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Holonet transmission begins...

Well guys, I've done my fighting against the pathetic shiny happy rebellion. They have overpowered the Emperor and I must wend my weary way down the poopy chute to the reactor core. I bid you all (mostly) a fond farewell and may you fight the good fight and find your gold amongst the logs that LFL and and Hasblo churn out. Adieu, so long, au revoir, ttfn, chin chin, toodle pip.

It was fun while it lasted. Maybe one day soon I'll find my way back here.........
I'll miss all my friends here. keep my locker free for me will you Rollo?

Jargo. :dead:
Holonet transmission ends.....

JEDIpartner
02-22-2002, 04:48 PM
I think he left because he was sick of people who were unrealistically thrilled about everything that was branded "STAR WARS" or "AOTC". It was like everyone was suddenly hallucinating or was high... "Oooh- Star Wars toys... preeeeeetty!"

That's all.

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 05:21 PM
He was sick of certain people forcefully beating their opinions over everybodies heads so much that this ceased to be a FORUM for the exchange of ideas and turned into a propagandist shouting match.

But I heard from him recently, and he wanted me to tell everybody he really likes it in Tibet.

derek
02-22-2002, 06:09 PM
i think he just assumed a new identity.

PloKoon2385
02-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Excuse me for liking the AOTC figures, and I did not change this from a forum to something else, I was stating my opinion and I guess he took it wrong. So, if I somehow contributed to Jargo leaving I am sorry and I will miss him as much as anybody. But don't blame the people who like the AOTC figs. It's not our fault. I am terribly sorry that he left and I would like him to come back now, the Forums just seem a little quieter and lonelier now...... :(

Mike Troxell
02-23-2002, 12:15 AM
Certain people do make it sound like they think George Lucas' farts don't stink. He can and has made mistakes. I understand completely why he's taken this vacation/haitus/pilgrimage. Anyway, Jargo will be sorely missed.

Meh, I'll just converse through e-mail. :)

TeeEye7
02-24-2002, 08:18 AM
Like Mac Arthur, Jargo will return. We're all too loveable as a bunch of kittens for him to abandon us! His life will become boring and he will realize how much his misses his SSG family (as much as we will miss him).

In the meantime, keep an eye out for him. I think he's on holiday with Waldo :p

2-1B
02-24-2002, 04:02 PM
I remember awhile ago Jargo posted his feelings that the only reason he came here anymore was because of his moderating duties. But soon after that, he started posting again with vigor. :(

Wolfwood319
02-24-2002, 09:20 PM
I think Jargo just got sick of what these boards were turning into. This forum used to be one of the most respectable, as well as the most sophisticated.

For some reason though, within the last month or so, these forums have been going downhill. Gone are the days where people would come here to discuss what they like or dislike about the figures, films, etc. Now, people are criticized for liking the new AOTC figures, or criticized for complaining about them.

The average thread in the figure section pretty much dwindles down to; "Man, these new figures suck," or "Stop whining about the figures, if you don't like them, don't buy them."

Now too, you have posts here calling people hypocrites for selling stuff on eBay, people getting banned for post-padding, etc.

Star Wars just isn't what it used to be, both film-wise and toy-wise. Some of us are getting older, and no longer busy ourselves with the mindless rants of some super fan-boy's opinions on why George Lucas is a god, or an idiot.

I leave you now with the immortal words of William Shatner:

"Get a life, people!"

Stop wasting your lives worrying yourselves over some movie or some toy. Go out there, look at the sun, excercise, experience life away from the internet, and meet new people.

Its just a movie people.

PloKoon2385
02-24-2002, 11:17 PM
Well said Wolfwood. I agree. I don't think people should be criticized for their opinions. That is stupid. Good words!

Lobito
02-25-2002, 04:02 PM
Hmmm...seems that lots of things have changed, anyway, i guess Jargo will return soon, we are just a few months away from AOTC, and everything will return to normal. For instance lets hope the SSG story returns to a place where no password is requiered. Or maybe its already here, i have to check.

PloKoon2385
02-27-2002, 10:24 PM
Well you don't have to wonder where he is anymore because he is back! He replied in the talents post. I am so happy!

mylow thehutt
03-03-2002, 09:39 PM
:( so he lefted because things got out of hand? Whats post-padding

chewie
03-03-2002, 10:54 PM
Post padding is when somebody posts a short, one line, or sometimes even one word, reply to a topic just to increase their post count. The post usually has no thought put into it as well. Post padding becomes most obvious when somebody does it repeatedly.

Pendo
03-05-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by chewie
Post padding is when somebody posts a short, one line, or sometimes even one word, reply to a topic just to increase their post count.

Really?

Jek Porky 2002
03-05-2002, 07:03 PM
What?

Jek Porky 2002
03-05-2002, 07:04 PM
Oh, I get it now.