PDA

View Full Version : May Hauls

Ji'dai
05-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Received my eBay winnings today:

For A Few Dollars More Minimates four-figure set with Colonel Douglas Mortimer (Lee Van Cleef), Monco with vest (Clint Eastwood), the psychotic bandito El Indio, and Showdown Monco with poncho (Eastwood again)

Now I have the entire set of The Man With No Name Minimates!

Edit: I guess we need a May Hauls thread and a Mod to move these last two posts.

JediTricks
05-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Marvel Universe Green Goblin - decent, range of motion could be better. This figure really needs it because of his glider. Eyes are a little cartoony, but overall this is a decent set.

SW TLC ESB Leia - from the side, the face is kinda there; from the front, not at all. New arms are decent. Cloth skirt is a major failure though, poofs out at either side and the material is much lower quality than the original use of this mold. Honestly, this is a "meh", especially without the Luke to go with it, and it reminds me that we REALLY need a better ANH Leia.

TLC Capt Needa - boring. The rank badges and encoders being a separate piece looks a little odd, but overall the costume is good. Removable hat is a nice touch. Super articulation is decent, except for the right ankle which is at a crazy tilt making it kinda useless for poses. And what's the point of doing Captain Needa if you're not going to give him articulation to be Force choked?

TLC Ugnaught 1 - smocky mcgee. The other guy comes out in a later wave. Smocky here is pretty good, lots of sculpting and articulation, good accessories, ok paint. Range of motion ain't great, but what do you expect him to do, take up a lightsaber and tattoo his face black & red? Figure comes apart at the midsection a little too easily, the body is designed to accept either this smock or the other figure's "skirt", so without it his midsection is mostly missing. He comes with a control panel that is very well done, and his angled lunchbox thingy which is pretty small but does the trick.

figrin bran
05-03-2009, 01:46 AM
Galactic Heroes Clone + Spider Droid
XMO Iceman
GI Joe Ghost Hawk + Lift Ticket
Justice League Unlimited Booster Gold, Dr. Fate.

Ando
05-04-2009, 11:34 AM
My wife bought me the LEGO 10195 (Republic Drop Ship + AT-OT) set yesterday.

It took me 4 hours to build the drop ship (I started with that so I could see what it looks when transporting the AT-TE set).

It's REALLY cool and is a lot of fun and comes with an alternate sticker set for the front so you can either have the Wampa deco or a LEGO clone arm squeezing the neck of a battle droid. I will save those stickers for a future gunship purchase and build.

Slicker
05-04-2009, 01:27 PM
My wife bought me the LEGO 10195 (Republic Drop Ship + AT-OT) set yesterday.

It took me 4 hours to build the drop ship (I started with that so I could see what it looks when transporting the AT-TE set).

It's REALLY cool and is a lot of fun and comes with an alternate sticker set for the front so you can either have the Wampa deco or a LEGO clone arm squeezing the neck of a battle droid. I will save those stickers for a future gunship purchase and build.
I saw this on the LEGO site and I really want to get it. Maybe I'll wait until I get paid and just buy a few hundred dollars worth of SW LEGO to catch me up.

Ando
05-04-2009, 01:39 PM
I sat in front of the TV last night playing with it i.e. picking up and deploying the AT-TE. I know it is a long shot, but it'd be cool if Hasbro made the LAAT/c drop ship, too.

I will probably start the AT-OT build as soon as I figure out what I am going to do about my ever present "where is all of this going to go?" issue.

TeeEye7
05-04-2009, 03:39 PM
-Groceries

-Mother's Day cards for Mrs. TI7 and her mom.
(My mom passed away almost 20 years ago.....:sad:)

bobafrett
05-04-2009, 08:08 PM
-Groceries

-Mother's Day cards for Mrs. TI7 and her mom.
(My mom passed away almost 20 years ago.....:sad:)

I sent my dad a birthday card for my stepmom, who passed away last November. His birthday was just a couple days before hers. I didn't know if it would offend him or how he would feel getting it. I just wanted to let my dad know that she wasn't forgotten, and was loved.

Blue2th
05-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Carburetor for my 85 Tercel 4X4 Wagon. My go gadget go wagon toy bounty hunter has been runnin' rough. :sad: $225 ouch!
Going to put it on myself ouch! :whip:

I don't do as much hunting as I used to (maybe because there's not much out there now) but when I do it's nice to have something small to save $ on gas while I'm buying $$$ worth of toys. :cross-eye

Oh yeah I got at Target the other day:

Clone Wars Jar Jar, Kit Fisto, and Rocket Battle Droid ( if he was a regular CW BD I wouldn't have bought him)

JediTricks
05-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Star Trek Tricorder

Marvel Universe classic Iron Man

sergiurusu
05-07-2009, 01:46 AM
Juliona Trans - Wild Wet West figure. One of the best figures from my Masamune Shirow anime collection, great sculpt and paint apps and excellent details. An awesome figure!:thumbsup:

DarthQuack
05-07-2009, 05:32 AM
Groceries
TNA DVD for my brother's birthday today :)

JediTricks
05-08-2009, 08:54 PM
CW R3-S6 Goldie - ok, but some of the lines aren't entirely straight. I basically bought it to put in the Y-wing when I get it.

figrin bran
05-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Legacy Frigate Luke, Leia and Ugnaught

Ji'dai
05-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Juliona Trans - Wild Wet West figure. One of the best figures from my Masamune Shirow anime collection, great sculpt and paint apps and excellent details. An awesome figure!:thumbsup: That's some stogie she's sucking on there. Figure looks good though. I think there's a market for a nice line of fully articulated 3-3/4" scale old west action figures.

JetsAndHeels
05-10-2009, 11:30 PM
X Men Origins: Unmasked Wolverine
X Men Origins: Iceman

Ando
05-11-2009, 11:14 AM
2 Benchmade tactical field knife sharpeners.

Pair of Nike Tri D Run II sneakers

3 reusable cloth shopping bags with University of Oregon logo

JetsAndHeels
05-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Legacy Collection Luke, Leia, Capt. Needa, and Emperor Palpatine

Blue2th
05-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Walmart Ewok Comic pk.

These seem to be thinning out and getting scarce unlike the other 2-pk exclusives, so I thought I'd better get one.

El Chuxter
05-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Big Lots had a few season sets of the 2003 TMNT series for $3. I got what they had (S1 Pt 1, S1 Pt 2, and S4), and passed on the Fast Forward dreck.

sergiurusu
05-14-2009, 04:58 AM
That's some stogie she's sucking on there. Figure looks good though. I think there's a market for a nice line of fully articulated 3-3/4" scale old west action figures.

That is an anime figure created by Masamune Shirow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masamune_Shirow) - from his Galhound (http://mshirow.free.fr/) collection (check out the links for more info and pics) ;)

Ji'dai
05-14-2009, 06:15 PM
That is an anime figure created by Masamune Shirow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masamune_Shirow) - from his Galhound (http://mshirow.free.fr/) collection (check out the links for more info and pics) ;) Yeah, I know, I just think there's a place in the market for a good line of old west action figures.

---

Stuff I got today:

Indiana Jones figures -
Young Indy
German Soldier x2
Ugha Warrior x2

Titaniums Cargo Truck

LEGO Star Wars Rebel Scout Speeder

TeeEye7
05-15-2009, 11:37 AM
A day off:

No going into work tonight! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
05-15-2009, 05:30 PM
TLC Ughnaught
CW Kit Fisto

Ji'dai
05-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Luke Skywalker [Medical Frigate]
Captain Needa
Princess Leia [Medical Frigate]
Hoth Rebel Trooper x3
Ugnaught x3

Olde Fortran malt liquor

JetsAndHeels
05-16-2009, 12:53 AM
TLC Hoth Rebel Trooper
CW Pilot Oddball

DarthQuack
05-16-2009, 04:09 AM
Dragon Quest IV on DS.

JediTricks
05-16-2009, 07:05 PM
SW CW Rocket Battle Droid - not quite as good as I was hoping. The paint is simpler than the first BD, with only a tiny bit of silver wear here and there. The connection to the small rocket backpack can be easily bent by pushing it in too far. The jaws of life-style weapon looks good without its missile, but the figures "fingers" don't fit in the guards so it's a loose hold. At last year's prices, this might have been an ok figure, but at $8 it's hard to dig.

Hot Wheels Nissan GT-R - pretty nice representation. A little narrower than it should be, especially at the rear end, but charming none the less. Pearly white color isn't as sexy as the prototype's dark titanium or the production silver-gray, but works at this scale better than a flat color.

DC Universe The Flash - a fairly decent representation of the Scarlet Speedster. Using the line's standard buck body works pretty well here, although the bulk of the shoulders doesn't quite match the lower arms, and there's an obvious plug in the upper back where another figure's cape would go. Rubbery wings on the head and boots, the ones on the head don't quite line up but close enough to fudge it. One real annoyance is the "belt" paint, normally the lightning bolts meet in the middle, here it's just a single lightning line all the way across, don't work as well.

figrin bran
05-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Scramble on Yavin battlepack
Justice League Unlimited Booster Gold, Superwoman
Burger King Kirk glass, USS Kelvin toy

Ando
05-18-2009, 11:30 AM
LEGO Duplo Thomas the Tank Engine Starter Set for the nephew.

GH Assault on the Death Star III (Porkins + Dodonna) for me.

figrin bran
05-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Legacy Capt. Needa
G.I. Joe Hall of Heroes Viper
Enterprise Bridge playset

JediTricks
05-20-2009, 04:03 AM
The flu. :(

bobafrett
05-20-2009, 07:58 AM
The flu. :(

Hope it's not that famous flu that has been making the rounds.

Blue2th
05-20-2009, 05:46 PM

Yeah what Frett said. Get better soon.

Found the latest Titanium Wave at Target today:

2X Clone Wars Y-Wing
1X Sebulba's Podracer
1X Hound's Tooth (yeah it does look somewhat like a flying Sandcrawler)

JediTricks
05-20-2009, 06:10 PM
My fever is too weak to be swine flu, but the coughing, sneezing, stuffed up, and sweats have been particularly bad in the last 15 hours. And all the coughing tore my lungs and esophagus up, last night I coughed up a sink full of bloody sputum which was a shocker - thankfully, I didn't panic because I've seen this before and know it's not something worse. My asthma is triggering but only mildly, still difficult to breath with all the other stuff though, my thoughts are very scattered over that. But I am confident that I'm on the road to recovery.

Thanks blue2th! And nice gets!

figrin bran
05-20-2009, 11:36 PM
JT get well soon!

Mattycollector.com sent me the JLU Legion of Superheroes 4 pack along with DCUC Starfire & Adam Strange.

Blue2th
05-21-2009, 06:48 AM
JT get well soon!

Mattycollector.com sent me the JLU Legion of Superheroes 4 pack along with DCUC Starfire & Adam Strange.

I saw those. I was hoping they would have started doing them in the DC Universe realistic style. I would have been all over them.
The colors are all wrong.
Brainiac 5 never had blue skin to my knowledge. Cosmic Boy's uniform never was purple, but pink.
Oh well, it's good the LSH is getting some attention again.

Found this cool LSH site. Lots of info on them from the original days: http://www.studiosanning.shawbiz.ca/legion_of_super-heroes/mainpage.htm

figrin bran
05-21-2009, 11:51 AM
I saw those. I was hoping they would have started doing them in the DC Universe realistic style. I would have been all over them.
The colors are all wrong.
Brainiac 5 never had blue skin to my knowledge. Cosmic Boy's uniform never was purple, but pink.
Oh well, it's good the LSH is getting some attention again.

Found this cool LSH site. Lots of info on them from the original days: http://www.studiosanning.shawbiz.ca/legion_of_super-heroes/mainpage.htm

But the figures are accurate to their Justice League Unlimited and Superman the Animated Series appearances.

Blue2th
05-21-2009, 01:31 PM
But the figures are accurate to their Justice League Unlimited and Superman the Animated Series appearances.

Guess I missed that, my bad.

El Chuxter
05-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Surprisingly enough, some Star Wars figures: Breha, Medical Frigate Luke & Leia, Ugnaught #1, and Needa.

JediTricks
05-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Hauled: 1 San Diego Comic-Con press pass.

JT get well soon!Thanks, I'm working on it, finally getting some traction.

JetsAndHeels
05-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Mattycollector.com sent me the JLU Legion of Superheroes 4 pack

I just looked at those online...not too bad.

Hope you are feeling better JT.

bobafrett
05-22-2009, 10:45 AM
A sideshow Stormtrooper (for my birthday, courtesy of a good friend)

YESSSSSSSS!!!!! My first sideshow collectible!!!!!!!!!

JediTricks
05-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks, I am feeling better, still only about 60% but it's way better than 2 days ago.

Major congrats on that get Barry, that's perfect for ya! Great birthday present.

bobafrett
05-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Glad to hear your feeling better JT! Rest up.

And yes it is!

Ji'dai
05-23-2009, 01:30 PM
LEGO Space Police 5970 Freeze Ray Frenzy
LEGO Space Police 5971 Gold Heist

figrin bran
05-23-2009, 10:32 PM
From HTS, 2 Hoth Troopers

From retail,

Titanium Hound's Tooth, Clone Wars Y-wing, Red IV X-Wing, Sebulba's Racer
Burger King Uhura glass, Spock and Klingon bird of prey toy.

bobafrett
05-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Titanium Ecliptic Evader Tie Fighter

Ji'dai
05-26-2009, 03:23 PM
My European section intercepted a German communique the other day but they couldn't make anything of it:

TANIS DEVELOPMENT PROCEEDING
ACQUIRE HEADPIECE, STAFF OF RA
ABNER RAVENWOOD, U.S.

Of course, I knew straight away that the Nazis had discovered Tanis. And today, out of the blue, I received the Noble Collection Headpiece to the Staff of Ra in the mail today from a friend in Nepal.

Nice piece, heavy, very cool, but also far too expensive ($138 shipped) than it should have been.

sergiurusu
05-27-2009, 05:42 AM
My Master Replicas AT-AT Signature Edition arrived. :thumbsup:

bobafrett
05-27-2009, 07:41 AM

That looks sweet!!!

JediTricks
05-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Transformers Animated Ultra Magnus - on clearance for $28, down from $45 at Target. Decent, not entirely Leader-class quality but fun to fiddle with, great hidden weapons.

SW CW Vulture Droid - not quite delivering on the pricepoint, but close. Lightweight, good sculpting, fully transforms (almost, the wings don't slide down to create an oval shape a la Ep 1). Decent paint but no wear, no red engines. Wings don't want to stay in place in either mode too well, and no stand so it wobbles a lot in flier mode, spreads out in walker mode. Head springs up and looks around, very nifty, and can click forward for full walker pose. Missiles are well-concealed and nicely sculpted for once. If the wings fully closed like in Ep 1, and the joints were tighter, and there was wear paint, it'd be a good deal, but as is it's only ok.

SW CW Magnaguard Fighter - Porax-38 Starfighter. Kind of a bland entry, the box shows the original with its thin cockpit and heavy wear from the show, then the toy is this bulbous cockpit and has ZERO wear. Wide ship, decent sculpting but not tremendous detail (there are small panels exposing a little engine that have nice detail inside tho'). Side guns are missile launchers, not an effective iteration of their guns but there is a little of that detail. Moving tail engines are too small, not covered inside, so boring. The large pointy things at the front are rubbery and not aimed quite right, wobbly so they might get better with time. Interior clips claim to hold magna's staff, but not the right diameter, the staff can sit on top of them though so it works out. Cockpit has ok detail, canopy looks very nice and clean, magnaguard fig fits perfectly and holds slidey controls. For me, its saving grace is the pull-down landing gear, the rear leg of which has 2 hinges making it quite nifty. More wear, slightly larger, or more exciting moving parts would have made this a better toy.

NICE GET! How much was that? So cool that they got it signed by Phil Tippet.

figrin bran
05-28-2009, 01:32 AM
I got a $5 coupon in the mail from Toys R Us Rewards.

Ji'dai
05-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Received my LEGO Castle Medieval Market Village (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10193&cn=473&d=70) I ordered from LEGO Shop@Home today. UPS practically crushed the box though; the back is all caved in.

JetsAndHeels
05-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Today:

Extra TLC Hoth Trooper from HTS
Transformers Voyager Class Demolishor

figrin bran
05-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Revenge of the Fallen Sideswipe, Sideways
DCUC Hawkgirl

sergiurusu
05-30-2009, 04:36 AM
That looks sweet!!!

Ji'dai
05-30-2009, 01:15 PM
I couldn't resist getting this new LEGO Camper (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=7639&cn=339&d=9) at TRU Friday evening.

JetsAndHeels
06-01-2009, 03:34 PM
TF Leader Class Optimus Prime
Scout class Ransack
Scout class Dead End
Terminator Salvation TRIP 6-inch figure