PDA

View Full Version : Burger King Super-D toys are back, this time for Star Trek

Lord Malakite
05-04-2009, 01:49 AM
We all remember them from both of the ROTS promos in 2005. Well now Burger King is back with more Super-D toys, this time for the new Star Trek film. There are a total of 16 toys (8 figures, 6 vehicles, and 2 role play items). Of those toys the 8 figures (and I suppose to a lesser degree the 6 vehicles, though not as much as previous Super-D vehicles) follow the style we came accustomed to for ROTS. All the toys either speak or make sound effects and comes with the traditional BK checklist booklet that shows all the toys in the promotion. The vehicles and Tricorder also come with stickers.

They are:

Captain Kirk
Spock
Spock Prime
Dr. McCoy
Chekov
Uhura
Sulu
Scotty
USS Enterprise
USS Kelvin
Spock's "Jellyfish" Ship
The Warbird
Shuttle Craft
Hoverbike
Communicator
Tricorder

There are also 4 Collector Glasses available with special display boxes. They are around $1.29 or so with the purchase of a meal.

They are:

Kirk
Spock
Uhura
Nero

Lord Malakite
05-04-2009, 05:54 AM
All 16 toys are now listed at CollectionStation. It just needs Steve's approval to make them public.

DarthQuack
05-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Making the long walk to get these ones this time around LM? :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Making the long walk to get these ones this time around LM? :)

hahahah I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I think I recall seeing him walking around Athens for the SW ones. Poor lil' guy. :p

DarthQuack
05-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I used to love getting collector glasses from McD's and BK.

JediTricks
05-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Pure suck.

The likenesses on the SDs aren't even that bad, I just hate SD anything. The Kirk one actually looks like Shatner more than Pine tho', that's funny. The Quinto one looks exactly like him though.

Beast
05-04-2009, 01:16 PM
It's funny. The likeness on these are better than the action figures.

Darth Duranium
05-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the info, LM

Any other shots of the shuttle? Might get that one.

Might pick up the new Ent and kitbash its engines onto a JL...

Like JT, I'm not crazy about these Playskool versions.

Old Spock looks like Yogurt from Spaceballs... and WTF's a Squid Ship?

Lord Malakite
05-04-2009, 10:02 PM
I may try to pick up at least one set of toys and glasses for this promotion, just probably not for myself though (more likely for my father who is the bigger Trek fan of the family). Its not that I don't like Star Trek or don't want want the toys/glasses mind you, I'm just tapped for cash at the moment with college bills and such. To be honest I was lucky just to swing getting the McDonalds SW: Clone Wars stuff last year. :D

If I do get a set (either for myself or my father) though I won't be walking for them. The closest BK around where I live is 15-20 minutes by car. The BK in Athens was only 2.5 miles away from the dorm (or about 2.5 minutes by car), and that took nearly 3 hours total to walk both to/from. I couldn't imagine making a foot trip to a BK that is nearly 6 to 8 times that distance away.

As for "other" Shuttle pics, thats is all that I could find at the moment I'm afraid to say. It appears from the BK that I called earlier though that the Shuttle is one of this week's toys, so more pics of it should be hitting ebay and such soon.

And the "Squid Ship" or "Jellyfish Ship" is what most people are nicknaming Spock Prime's Ship due to its physical appearance (shape wise) loosely resembling said animals. I doubt that is what it is really called though.

JediTricks
05-06-2009, 03:14 PM
It's name in the Countdown comic series is apparently the Jellyfish, from what I've been told.

Ando
05-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Has anyone else here seen the new BK commercial with the "Kingons"? HILARIOUS.

And if you haven't, it's exactly what it sounds like. 3 dudes with BK King masks made to look like Klingons transporting into some guy's house.

Lord Malakite
05-07-2009, 04:19 AM
I just wish they were selling all 3 of those "Klingon" King masks. They sold the normal King and Subservient Chicken masks before on their website (around Halloween). Then they went through the effort to make these special masks for that commercial. Tell me who wouldn't buy a King Klingon mask if it was offered.:thumbsup:

Ando
05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
I would probably buy them as gag gifts for Star Trek fans if they had them available.

Lord Malakite
05-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Well, I lucked out. I'll have a set of these after all. I've worked it out so I'm getting a set of all the toys for free and the glasses only cost me $7 total for a set of all 4.

Currently I have all 4 glasses (all 4 of which appear to be currently available, at least at all the BKs I've visited thus far). I also currently have the first 2 weeks' toys. In case you are wondering: Week 1 is Kirk, Scotty, the Shuttle, and the Tricorder. Week 2 is Uhura, "Young" Spock, the Enterprise, and the Kelvin.

figrin bran
05-11-2009, 10:15 PM
I got the Enterprise and Uhura over the weekend.

Lord Malakite
05-13-2009, 02:31 AM
Got the Week 3 stuff today. They were Sulu, Bones, the Communicator, and Spock's "Jellyfish" Ship. So by simple deduction of all thats left that means Chekov, "Old" Spock, the Warbird, and the Hoverbike have to be Week 4.

Darth Duranium
05-14-2009, 07:08 PM
I grabbed the Kelv, Ent, and Shuttle. The shuttle is fairly accurate, compared to the others. I'll probably kitbash these babies at some time in the future to make a more realistic set of new ships.

Jagdohh Fett
05-15-2009, 03:20 PM
I just got back from my local BK with the Week 2 toys and as I took the Kelvin out of the bag and pressed the button, I realized it's the German release. :shocked:

Very strange ...

figrin bran
05-16-2009, 10:09 PM
I better check the Kelvin that I got today, then.

I also got the Kirk glass.

Lord Malakite
05-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Picked up the Week 4 toys Monday, so I'm now done with this BK promotion. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
05-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I got Spock's ship yesterday.

It seems that none of my local BK's have the entire set of glasses for sale. Either they have none or just one or two particular versions.

Lord Malakite
05-20-2009, 01:01 AM
It seems that none of my local BK's have the entire set of glasses for sale. Either they have none or just one or two particular versions.
My BKs have had all 4 glasses since the first day of the promotion. They've actually been selling them both individually for $1.99 (with a meal purchase) and in complete sets of 4 for $6.99 (without a meal purchase). Clearly anyone who can do simple math should be able to tell which is the better deal. :p

My BKs also kind of burned through the toys in this promotion as well. Looks like most people on the various Trekkie websites are reporting that they're BKs are just now starting on the Week 3 stuff, which makes sense as this is only the third week of the promotion. The BKs in my area though are already selling the Week 4 toys. They went through the Week 1 and Week 2 stuff over the course of a week. Two weeks ago they started Week 1 stuff on Monday. Then Week 2 stuff started on Friday of the same week. Just three days later on Monday (of last week) they started the Week 3 stuff. And this Monday they started the Week 4 stuff.