PDA

View Full Version : Accessories for Action Fleet

BenCooper11
05-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi guys :),

I have a collection of action fleet (mainly rebel fighters) and have them set up like their in a hangar(sorry haven't figured out how to post pics but basically it's rows of X and Y Wings facing each other along with an A Wing and Snowspeeder)

I would like to get my hands on some accessories like small ladders/piping/computer stuff etc to make this more like a hangar and less like the bottom of my display case.

Any ideas/suggestions??

Thanks,

Ben

Blue2th
05-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Good question.
I'm trying to think what scale they would be, then look accordingly.
Do you think it's close to 1/72 scale?

There is lots of military stuff out there in various forms for dioramas.
Maybe even model parts.

You could also get railroad diorama parts. There again though the scales don't quite match up, but there's some room for fudging.

BenCooper11
05-04-2009, 01:40 PM
The scale of it all is a good question in itself I'm useless when it comes to figuring that out!

Blue2th
05-04-2009, 01:46 PM
I guess taking a figure from Action Fleet and matching it up with some stuff in a store might be a good place to start.

I'm no good with scales either, but if the numbers are close or the size looks good then yeah.

Darth Duranium
05-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Sound advice, Blue.

I go through that kind of scaling issue every Christmas... my better half builds an enormous "Christmas Village" and then incorporates some of my AF, TS, and WOTC figures into it. She's quite pernickity about scale:rolleyes:.

There's some Trek, Dr. Who, Matrix... anything in scale gets snuck in.
Usually there's a lot of speederbikes bombing down the snow slopes plus AT-RTs, SW beasties, a Tardis, Daleks, Aliens, Klingons, and a Borgified Grinch.
I'll take some pics next time... she really does an amazing job.

And of course, there's Hallmark ships swarming the tree...:)

cloneemperor
05-04-2009, 06:36 PM
As the figures are 1 inch in height and average height for human scale is 6 feet, it works out to about 1/72 scale for figures. Vehicles vary a bit but most snub fighters and TIE vehicles work out to about 1/72 scale as well. It gets real muddy with larger vehicles such as the Falcon and the Rebel Blockade Runner, but you can pretty much bank on 1/72 scale for snub fighters.

BenCooper11
05-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Thanks Cloneemperor, my next question would be what sort of stuff is out there at that sort of scale?? If anyone has pics of what they have used I'd appreciate it.

Blue2th
05-05-2009, 07:58 AM
If Action Fleet is 1/72 there's some military stuff out there.
I'm thinking for the fighters you need ground crew, ladders etc.
Hasegawa makes some stuff:
http://www.hobbyplace.com/aircraft/weapons.php

BenCooper11
05-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Just had a look at that site, there is some interesting stuff on there that with a paint job would fit in I think. Only problem is I'm in the UK so the postage would kill me. I'll have a look and see if there is anything similar over here :)

Darth Duranium
05-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Ben, have you tried Comet Miniatures in London? They might have some stuff... not exactly giving it away, though. I have dealt with them in the past... good outfit.

http://www.comet-miniatures.com/

JediTricks
05-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Not exactly what you guys are talking about, but Clone157 suggested in another thread Kotobukiya's Chain Base sets: http://www.kotous.com/?cat=751
They have gantries and such.

clone157
05-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Not exactly what you guys are talking about, but Clone157 suggested in another thread Kotobukiya's Chain Base sets: http://www.kotous.com/?cat=751
They have gantries and such.

Yeah they are super cool, but they are not quite wide nor deep enough to go one ship to one base. I've been trying to squeeze as many as possible in to my sets. X-wings, Republic Gunships they require two bases. A wings and Y wings can squeeze in at one per. The risers and gantries are roughly to size but other equipment could be grossly out of scale.