PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro - don't blame collectors; I can't find anything!

Droid
05-05-2009, 10:53 PM
In a recent Q&A, Hasbo implied that collectors were on the decline. I think that is true. It seems that many collector items are either poorly made, hard to find, or require that we buy a bunch of figures or characters we already have for the one we really want. Then collectors are blamed!

I have wanted Medical Frigate Luke and Leia for years and they are so bad (Luke in particular) that I am going to pass.

I was going to buy Luke and the Rancor - it isn't it stores. I was going to buy the comic pack Amanamin or the Ewoks - never saw them. And here we are five months into the year and I have found one wave of figures.

I wanted a bunch of the Build A Droids, but am not going to buy all of the figures to get them.

Come on Hasbro. Sell me some stuff!

bigbarada
05-05-2009, 11:23 PM
The Amanin comic packs are pegwarming pretty badly over here. Same with the alien Rebel Pilots set. No one is buying those two sets, but the Ewoks Comic Pack is nowhere to be found. There were probably ten sets of Ewoks on the shelves, then one day they were all gone. I think someone in my area is building an Ewok army.:cross-eye

JetsAndHeels
05-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I know how you feel, droid. I have also had problems locating the WM comic packs, not to mention countless other items. I cannot tell you how many trips I made to WM, Target, etc. looking for the Jawa with the WED droid. When I finally got one, it was only because I took a case off a pallet and opened it up myself.

To help save myself some grief and gas money, I just ordered the medical frigate Luke, Captain Needa, and the Hoth Trooper off of Hasbro Toyshop. I figure I can get the others elsewhere (hopefully).

And I never saw the Luke/Rancor set either.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Would you rather have this or have everything pegwarming, like Yarna, the Sarlacc, and the cantina figures? I'd like a middle ground, but it seems like it's one or the other. I think things will become easier to find as they've been out longer, but I always hate to see pegwarmers. The few months after Christmas are always pretty slow, but there has been an extension of that by a while this year . . . I dunno. This fall is supposed to be heavy again, so we'll see after that.

Obsession is Nute
05-06-2009, 12:21 AM
I hear yah, droid. It is so frustrating to hear of new waves arriving in other parts of the country and then seeing NOTHING on your shelves. It got so bad with the ANH wave that I went ahead and ordered it online, in the middle of March. At this point, unless we get two more full waves hitting shelves before late July, we will be on par with the horrible pacing of releases, last.

I completely agree with you. Hasbro has no business blaming the fans when they can't even ensure their products reach shelves in a timely fashion. Nothing is more frustrating than having money you literally want to just give a business, but they just don't seem interested. I have had to resort to buying old SW graphic novels to get my SW fix these past few months.

What I don't understand is how Hasbro has not figured out out to "pace" all these waves since they have been producing Star Wars toys since they dissolved Kenner in 2000? They have had nine years to work the kinks out of production and distribution. I just don't get it. We should not be waiting 5-6 month periods at the begining of the year and then get crammed with stuff in the fall and early winter.

El Chuxter
05-06-2009, 12:22 AM
There's also the problem that, for whatever reason (I suspect more proven sales among youngsters), stores are heavily ordering Clone Wars and barely ordering any live-action figures. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-06-2009, 12:39 AM
There's also the problem that, for whatever reason (I suspect more proven sales among youngsters), stores are heavily ordering Clone Wars and barely ordering any live-action figures. :(
Don't they usually only order what's selling, though? Go buy some of the 90 Yarnas at any given store and then that might grease the wheels a little. :D

I wonder if they'll reset the codes for the figures again, as they sometimes do with a line reset? I kind of doubt it, but that would be nice, as it could clear out the excess crap.

figrin bran
05-06-2009, 01:18 AM
I hear yah, droid. It is so frustrating to hear of new waves arriving in other parts of the country and then seeing NOTHING on your shelves. It got so bad with the ANH wave that I went ahead and ordered it online, in the middle of March. At this point, unless we get two more full waves hitting shelves before late July, we will be on par with the horrible pacing of releases, last.

I completely agree with you. Hasbro has no business blaming the fans when they can't even ensure their products reach shelves in a timely fashion. Nothing is more frustrating than having money you literally want to just give a business, but they just don't seem interested. I have had to resort to buying old SW graphic novels to get my SW fix these past few months.

What I don't understand is how Hasbro has not figured out out to "pace" all these waves since they have been producing Star Wars toys since they dissolved Kenner in 2000? They have had nine years to work the kinks out of production and distribution. I just don't get it. We should not be waiting 5-6 month periods at the begining of the year and then get crammed with stuff in the fall and early winter.

As far as Hasbro's pacing goes, I think they're finding it extremely difficult to juggle so many action figure lines. Notice how every summer, they launch a few movie toy lines while SW toys grind to a halt. There are only so many toy factories and so if they have deadlines to meet for other lines, unfortunately SW gets the shaft until the fall.

Either that or they're purposely doing this so there's less competition for movie Transformers and Wolverine figures.

Personally speaking, I wish Hasbro would stop making movies and thus would have less movie toys to produce.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-06-2009, 01:26 AM
As far as Hasbro's pacing goes, I think they're finding it extremely difficult to juggle so many action figure lines. Notice how every summer, they launch a few movie toy lines while SW toys grind to a halt. There are only so many toy factories and so if they have deadlines to meet for other lines, unfortunately SW gets the shaft until the fall.

Either that or they're purposely doing this so there's less competition for movie Transformers and Wolverine figures.

Personally speaking, I wish Hasbro would stop making movies and thus would have less movie toys to produce.
They claim that other movies don't mess up their pacing of SW figures. I think Indiana Jones might have been different since the same team of people was making those figures. The competition angle might be correct, though, and they just don't want to fess up to it. I know the coins messed up their schedule for 2007, and Indy messed it up for 2008, but before that it always seemed pretty good. So I don't know what's taking so long this year.

Droid
05-06-2009, 08:35 AM
I bought three Yarnas. Any Yarna pegwarming problem is totally Hasbro's fault. That figure, more than any other, screamed to be an exclusive, part of a battlepack, or shortpacked. (Yes, we would have complained about those options, but it would have been the smart move.) Now Ice Cream Maker Guy is on the way...

The lull has been nice in one sense - I have been buying some vintage toys I still want on ebay. I only need 4 more vintage Star Wars figures - Blue Snaggletooth, EV-9D9, Popup lightsaber R2, and Yak Face. (I don't care about Droids or Ewoks figures.)

Old Fossil
05-06-2009, 08:53 AM
It's been a nice lull. Not buying figures at retail has freed up funds for other things, and given me time to do some reorganization of my collection.

Honestly, I'm not excited about the prospect of buying new figures for nearly eight dollars each. Not a good value.

El Chuxter
05-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Don't they usually only order what's selling, though? Go buy some of the 90 Yarnas at any given store and then that might grease the wheels a little. :D

Not the problem around here. One WM has five Yarnas and a couple of Trintos, but, otherwise, there's NO OT or PT figures to be seen anywhere. I frequent 2 WMs, 3 TRUs, and 6 Targets, and occasionally get to an additional 2 WMs, 2 TRUs, and 7 Targets. It's pretty much the same everywhere: legions of animated Clonetroopers. So, at least here, it doesn't seem to be a "people aren't buying film figures" thing.

jamesbondo07
05-06-2009, 09:35 AM

I went to Wal-Mart last night and saw about 15 boxes of Star Wars figures. They were all Clone Wars except for one box and that was a old legacy wave from last year.

Blue2th
05-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Too bad they didn't make removable armor for Yarna. We could be army building her. Yarna Battalion problem solved. :)

Target seems to be the only one getting new figures lately around here, though all I've seen is Legacy Legends and Clone Wars. Got 3 Clone Wars figs the other day.

Dark Marble
05-06-2009, 10:52 AM
I also don't really think it is a Yarna problem, or that collectors don't want to spend. It is really the fault of clone wars. Not really in a bad way but because clone wars is driving kids nuts and there is a strong tie in with the cartoon it is easier to sell.

I work at a Target and I see clone wars figures move like you wouldn't believe. But Legends and Build a Droid has slowed down a little. Shipments trickle in and they do sell, but they don't seem as interesting as the clone wars figures.

I don't collect any of the clone wars figures but for a few that I have bought for my daughter and son, but I find myself looking at them more since the 6 movies I love to collect from are not getting any love right now. I can't wait to find the ESB wave just to see Luke and Leia again!!

pbarnard
05-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Is this the latest round of Hasbro/Retail Distribution Centers/Retail Stores/Collectors circular firing squad?

Someplace in there is the problem. But who's and does it trickle down or feedback?

bigbarada
05-06-2009, 12:21 PM
I work at a Target and I see clone wars figures move like you wouldn't believe. But Legends and Build a Droid has slowed down a little. Shipments trickle in and they do sell, but they don't seem as interesting as the clone wars figures.

It's the same story at my Wal-Mart. Legacy and Legends figure move at a slow trickle, but I've seen then stock the pegs to overflowing with Clone Wars figures and, within days, those pegs are almost completely empty.

They restocked with probably 2 or 3 cases of the latest Clone Wars figures late last week and I went back yesterday and there's nothing but a lone C3PO on the pegs. Meanwhile, the Legacy wave 5 figures are still around and (with the exception of the Snowtrooper) most of the Legends figures are fairly easy to find.

So, I have no problem believing Hasbro when they say that Clone Wars sales are through the roof.

Dark Marble
05-06-2009, 02:24 PM
So, I have no problem believing Hasbro when they say that Clone Wars sales are through the roof.

I am with you, and I am happy in some ways because it means that we will continue to see star wars on the pegs. Maybe less from the movies, but I would rather see smaller waves of all new figures from time to time than tons of waves that are upgrades, repaints, or repacks.

Ando
05-06-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm just BORED by what I see out on the pegs and shelves right now.

I've largely moved away from buying figures although I did buy the entire ANH wave and plan to pick up a few of the figures in the ESB and ROTS waves, but I won't get up early on a Saturday to try to track them down. It's May already and the pacing has been so slow!

Mostly I've moved onto vehicles and right now there is nothing new or interesting that I don't already have. I'd even get excited about a Jedi Satrfighter REPAINT at this point!

Now I am just waiting on the Turbo Tank, Fighter Tank, and the Geonosis Assault (gunship turrets) battle packs.

I can't imagine there's much left that I will want/need for my clone army after that unless they decide to make an AT-OT, UT-AT, and a Republic/Nu Class Attack Shuttle, all of which would be enough to get me excited again, but it's highly unlikely.

Obsession is Nute
05-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Not the problem around here. One WM has five Yarnas and a couple of Trintos, but, otherwise, there's NO OT or PT figures to be seen anywhere. I frequent 2 WMs, 3 TRUs, and 6 Targets, and occasionally get to an additional 2 WMs, 2 TRUs, and 7 Targets. It's pretty much the same everywhere: legions of animated Clonetroopers. So, at least here, it doesn't seem to be a "people aren't buying film figures" thing.

It sounds like you have a similiar routine to mine. I regularly visit my 3 WM, 4 Targets, and one TRU, while things differ slightly, store-to-store, the overall picture is the same. Tons of CW, sometimes legends, rarely legacy.

Someone else brought up a good point about multiple toy lines. The more I think about it, Hasbro hasn't always been terrible about pacing, the TAC was handled well enough and the years before were not too bad, either.

However, with the advent of Legends and CW, it seems like things have been a mess. I wonder if the juggling of these different lines has increased the responsibilities of staff and created the problems resulting in the delays.

My personal belief is that Hasbro is probably trying to guage the sales and analyze things, adjusting waves based on the numbers as they roll in, that way they can avoid repeating the same "mistakes" twice with similiar, subsequent waves. I would have to imagine the problem is procedural, they changed some aspect of the process that has resulted in a lag.

Either that or they intentionally keep things super slow in the winter/spring because they found they just are not making enough profit to justify the continuous work. Maybe they save money this way. Who knows?

x13squadleader
05-07-2009, 05:54 AM
I am glad cw and legends is selling well.i just hate it that i can't find the legacy line. Or the WM comic packs.Would love to get a couple ewok comic packs.Just can't find them.Not sure if WM is not ordering them in my area or if they sell quick.I understand you have to go where the money is,it's just they do not want mine apparently.Been collecting for 30 plus years now,i am sure this is a tempoary shift of the line for a few years but have faith it will come back.Although at the same time,I mean really,how many more figures can they make?That we have not seen before?I don't like buying vader and han solo over and over. Clones and stormtroopers are even getting on my nerves.Love them dearly but there has to be an end.

pbarnard
05-07-2009, 10:30 AM
I know my local Walmarts have the comic pack exclusives. Any interest in any, please PM, and we'll figure it out.

Blue2th
05-07-2009, 11:46 AM
The reason for the lull in figures is because of the re-design of the packaging is my guess. It's happened before.

pbarnard
05-07-2009, 11:53 AM
The reason for the lull in figures is because of the re-design of the packaging is my guess. It's happened before.

And will it happen again? :thumbsup:

Darth Jax
05-07-2009, 11:33 PM
And will it happen again? :thumbsup:

it will, unless they stop making figures tomorrow

TheDarthVader
05-08-2009, 10:33 AM
I thought about getting the amanin pack, but I have never seen it between THREE wal mart stores around me. Seems like they shipped out too many cantina wave figures. That is totally HASBRO'S FAULT. I can not find wave 6, and I can not find a snowtrooper from the legends line. It is all a bunch of bull crap.

Old Fossil
05-08-2009, 10:41 AM
What is just dumb is that we collectors have to go through this same scenario year after year after year. The first six months of every year is a complete waste. We cannot find new figures, the pegs are full of old, lingering product, and Hasbro makes little money. You'd think Hasbro would reconsider their strategy and try to make a profit throughout the year, instead of just focusing on the third and fourth quarters.:tired:

Droid
05-08-2009, 01:13 PM
What is just dumb is that we collectors have to go through this same scenario year after year after year. The first six months of every year is a complete waste. We cannot find new figures, the pegs are full of old, lingering product, and Hasbro makes little money. You'd think Hasbro would reconsider their strategy and try to make a profit throughout the year, instead of just focusing on the third and fourth quarters.:tired:

I never understood why they didn't have a collector driven focus prior to the fall and a kid focus around Christmas. There should be a flood of kid friendly figures, main characters, etc. at Christmas. I can't tell you how many years none of my stores have anything on the shelves the entire month of December that a parent could buy a child for Chstimas.

stad
05-12-2009, 02:38 PM
The Legends case mix with the Snowtrooper is just starting to really ship. As far as the comic packs, I've yet to go to a Wal-Mart that doesn't have tons of the exclusive comic packs filling the pegs. There was no underordering here!

Ando
05-12-2009, 03:15 PM
I've noticed on my own that the lull is even worse when they get ready to reset the line/packaging.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I've noticed on my own that the lull is even worse when they get ready to reset the line/packaging.
But that's still not happening until August or so - we've still got the AOTC wave, supposedly coming next month. So there's stuff on the way.

I've been thinking as to whether I prefer the steady stream of products or for it to hit all at once, and I think both have merits. I loved the product releases for TPM, AOTC, ROTS, and TCW, when there's so much stuff to get all at once that you can pretty much get something every time you go to a different store. With the more steady releases, though, you know what to look forward to, and you have little bits throughout the whole year. Even in times like this, when there's not much out there, there are still online exclusives and older things to catch up on.

So, eh. It'll pick up here shortly.

Ando
05-12-2009, 03:52 PM
But that's still not happening until August or so - we've still got the AOTC wave, supposedly coming next month. So there's stuff on the way.

I thought we had new stuff estimated for June/July?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Right, as I said, the AOTC wave is coming out in June, but those are on the stormtrooper helmet cards. I think some of the new vehicles, like the Magnaguard Fighter and Vulture Droid, are supposed to be out in June as well, and those are in the new red-centric package design. The next two waves of Clone Wars are coming out in August, and then the TPM wave is coming in September; these are all the first figures with the new look. I'm only going off of the Hasbro Toy Fair presentation, so who knows when anything will actually get released.

Ando
05-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh, okay. I am more excited about the vehicles than anything else (although a proper Episode II Obi Wan has been a long time coming).

Do you think the final wave before the reset will be hard to find/non-existant like the other final waves have been in the past i.e. The Fan's Choice Saga Legends from last spring?

mtriv73
05-12-2009, 04:29 PM
I thought about getting the amanin pack, but I have never seen it between THREE wal mart stores around me. Seems like they shipped out too many cantina wave figures. That is totally HASBRO'S FAULT. I can not find wave 6, and I can not find a snowtrooper from the legends line. It is all a bunch of bull crap.

There are 2 pegs full of them at the wal-mart closest to me. This isn't Hasbro's fault, this is wal-marts horrible distribution systems fault. If you still want one, PM me and I'll get it for you for cost + shipping.

Obsession is Nute
05-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Forget the AOTC wave, I am still waiting for evidence that the ESB wave has hit my area!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Oh, okay. I am more excited about the vehicles than anything else (although a proper Episode II Obi Wan has been a long time coming).

Do you think the final wave before the reset will be hard to find/non-existant like the other final waves have been in the past i.e. The Fan's Choice Saga Legends from last spring?
I got everything I wanted from that wave, but I had to get one of the figures from a forumite. Hopefully they'll release enough of the AOTC wave to meet interest, but I can definitely see Owen and Beru being as abundant as Bail and Breha, so maybe it could actually benefit from being shortpacked. I wonder if they'll change the SKUs or assortment numbers, but I doubt it. Two different package styles have rarely coexisted on pegs for long, so I bet the older stuff will be cleared out. But they seem to have gotten a little better about getting figures out at the end of a line . . . I forgot about those Legends figures, though, so I don't know for sure.

Ando
05-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I got everything I wanted from that line, too. But it was a pain is the rear and a lot of them I got when the Fred Meyer stores started aggressively clearancing them out weeks after they showed up for around $2-$4 each.

I never found many of them at the usual places like Target, TRU, and especially WM.

autumnsdescent
05-12-2009, 05:37 PM
I have found evidence of the ESB wave once here in Indianapolis - at a Target store two weeks ago.

I was at a local Wal Mart this afternoon and saw the regional Hasbro rep scouting up and down the isles. I chatted with her for about 5 minutes. She said that the ESB and AOTC waves were released from Hasbro factories to be on shelf in mid April. She doesn't understand why these waves are not on the shelves here. She said that all Wal Mart stores in the area are low on all hasbro branded action figs (GI Joe, Wolverine, and especially SW). We don't really have peg warmers even - just less than a dozen figs on the pegs at most Wal Marts. She then went on to check with the Wal Mart regional delivery truck schedule and noted that one or two stores were each slated to receive 272 figures in the next 24 hours. Very interesting scenario though...

figrin bran
05-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Some of the AOTC wave is available for preorder on HTS right now. Currently, only Owen, Beru, Obi-Wan and Typho are "available" while Tarados Gon and Anakin are "out of stock".

jonthejedi
05-13-2009, 04:44 AM
Finally found Empire wave yesterday in MD at SuperWalMart. As far as I can tell...Targets in the area never received this wave. After Ohio...it's like the Hasbro distro. system just died.

Ando
05-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Some of the AOTC wave is available for preorder on HTS right now. Currently, only Owen, Beru, Obi-Wan and Typho are "available" while Tarados Gon and Anakin are "out of stock".

And Obi-Wan no where to be seen...

figrin bran
05-13-2009, 11:19 AM
And Obi-Wan no where to be seen...

Ando, Obi-Wan is there but you have to look under Legacy Collection. You probably looked under Build-A-Droid?

Also, Tarados Gon and Concept Anakin are back up, also under Legacy Collection.

Ando
05-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Ando, Obi-Wan is there but you have to look under Legacy Collection. You probably looked under Build-A-Droid?

"Oops". Silly me. I will look again. Thanks for the heads up.

Moldy Crow
05-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Everything I've seen the past few months has been Clone Wars and older repacks, so I just get figures off the web instead. Stores don't want to cater to our needs, how is that our fault?

dindae
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
I think the biggest problem is the market is the addition of the Clone Wars line. Older collectors like most of us are not buying as much as we used to but the figures that we really want are the never made figures and the occasional upgrades. Normally kids are the major buyers of the heroes but they will buy other figures if that is what is there. How many times have you heard a parent tell a child you can get one toy now pick one? That kid never comes back with they don't have the one I really want let's come back. So the buying approaches compliment each other. Now the kids are crazy for the Clone Wars and a good number of collectors too but that draws kids away from the Legacy line. So while before every kid purchase was Legacy SKU now it might be 5 TCW sku to 1 Legacy. Now it is easy to say just make more TCW than Legacy but they have a minimum number of figures for a wave. So they make the figures at least x number of fiugres for that wave and since the big retailers have already commited to pay for the figures. So now that the kids are mostly tearing through TCW, Legacy is even more dependant on collectors to move the figures and it is taking longer and longer to clear out that wave. The economy doesn't help either. I wouldn't be surpirsed if 2011 had more TCW waves then Legacy.

Obsession is Nute
05-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Everything I've seen the past few months has been Clone Wars and older repacks, so I just get figures off the web instead. Stores don't want to cater to our needs, how is that our fault?

It is increasingly coming to that point for me, too. I bought the ANH wave off of ebay in late February because I was tired of visiting stores and seeing no evidence of the wave that was supposed to hit in JANUARY! I am stubornly holding out for the ESB and AOTC waves to hit my area, but if I don't see a ESB figure by June, I am going to convert to online.

I love the hunt, but when you see sucsess once out of every...thirty trips, it really doesn't become worth it anymore.

DarkJedi5
05-15-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't bother hunting anymore. Maybe if I drive by I'll pop in real quick but for the most part I don't look unless I was in the store anyway or there's something I need to get in store like an exclusive. It's just been so hard to find anything.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-15-2009, 05:47 PM
I just went to a Walmart and a Target. Walmart had a TON of wave 5, revision 2, which is wave 5 without the cantina guys (thank god) and with troopers added. Target had a lot of the new Clone Wars wave, and at least one case of the new Legends wave with the Snowtrooper and such, but no Legacy figures aside from old Yarnas. I don't know why there isn't more of a mix between the stores. At least wave 5, revision 2 seems to be the last time wave 5 is shipping, so hopefully that store will get wave 6 . . . if those figures sell through.

I've also seen remnants of wave 6, revision 1 a few times at a different Target, but none of the actual new stuff. It's getting more and more frustrating every day, especially when I realized that I got all of wave 5 back in mid-February. Sure, there has been Clone Wars to tide me over, but still.

JetsAndHeels
05-16-2009, 12:08 AM
I had a pretty good day today...scored the ugnaught and the cw kit fisto at the WM down the road towards Raleigh. Later on I hit the other local WM and scored a Hoth Rebel trooper, which now completes the ESB wave for me.

Moldy Crow
05-18-2009, 04:28 PM
It is increasingly coming to that point for me, too. I bought the ANH wave off of ebay in late February because I was tired of visiting stores and seeing no evidence of the wave that was supposed to hit in JANUARY! I am stubornly holding out for the ESB and AOTC waves to hit my area, but if I don't see a ESB figure by June, I am going to convert to online.

I love the hunt, but when you see sucsess once out of every...thirty trips, it really doesn't become worth it anymore.It might feel different if Hasbro at least had more product to look for, but 3 waves in this whole year, I would have spent how much on gas looking for a handful of figures? And then you risk having to get them all as fast as can so to get the droid parts in the wave before they get swapped out. Too much of a fight for too little, it's just so much easier online.

clone157
05-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Here's a question for you guys. Would you buy more Legacy stuff if they were doing their versions of the Clone Wars stuff (provided you could find them)?

DarkJedi5
05-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Here's a question for you guys. Would you buy more Legacy stuff if they were doing their versions of the Clone Wars stuff (provided you could find them)?

If you're asking me if I would buy a realistic version of the CW characters the answer is yes. I would probably be buying everything and spending twoce the money I am now. All the major characters, clones, etc... there's not much I wouldn't buy. Instead all I bought from the line (and I'm not incuding the vehicles because they are meant to be realistic) is Ahsoka because she can pass as a realistic figure.

sebillba
05-19-2009, 07:32 AM
I probably would buy them, but I don't really want to... I actually really like the style of the animated figures, but because they don't really fit in with my others, I've stopped myself from starting another collection - if they were in realistic style, that would probably tip my OCD over the edge, and I'd feel a certain obligation to get them, but like I say, I don't really want to, especially with so many clones.

As they are, I will still pick up the occasional figure, but only if they particularly spark my interest - I bought Yoda, and will get the next version, as he's my favourite character. I also bought Ahsoka, as she was a major player in the movie (I've yet to see any of the tv series :(), and I love Rotta in his backpack! I was even more impressed when I found he was articulated.

I would also like to get the Lee Van Cleef Duros and the short, fat Bossk from the battle pack... but I guess I would prefer it if they were realistically styled.