PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Star Tours Collector Packs

Jangu Fett
05-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Well, we all knew for a while that disney is making the first ever Teek mini-figure. And we also knew what other figures where going to be included in this series of Disney Collector Packs. I just found a photo of the entire set. Really nice, this is a series that I'll be trying for the whole set.

Here you go -- http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/14.jpg

And on more Disney Collector Pack notes, last night I found that the series out now, is a Pirates of the Caribbean set. Can't find any pictures of that set, though, sorry.

jonthejedi
05-27-2009, 05:42 AM
Does anyone know if you can buy the Jedi Training Academy set from a Disney phone # this year?

sebillba
05-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Does anyone know if you can buy the Jedi Training Academy set from a Disney phone # this year?

I saw this at Mousedroid (http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4334) this week:

Hasbro,
We've recently seen pics of the "Jedi Training Academy/Star Tours 5 Pack"and we are disappointed to learn, that this is a Disney exclusive.How will it be possible for international collectors, to obtain this set, without having to resort, to the multitudes of unscrupulous eBay scalpers, trying to make a small fortune, by selling this 5 Pack for twice the asking price (which isn't exactly low to start off with!!) I really wish you would rethink your strategy on "Exclusives" guys. It's getting harder and more expensive to track down these exclusives, which does not give us much incentive to want to "Collect Them All."
Cheers
Mike S

HASBRO RESPONSE:
The pack is tied directly to the Disney Parks Jedi Training Academy, and thus does not make sense selling outside of that setting. We did talk to the Disney Parks team and they confirmed that pending available quantities, it should be available by phone. You can call the Disney Parks merchandise mail order number at 407-363-6200 after the official release this Friday.

jonthejedi
05-28-2009, 05:29 AM
Many thanks! I used to have that #, and tore up my files looking for it.

jonthejedi
05-28-2009, 04:48 PM
...was able to order one set today(39.95 plus ship). Thanks again!

sebillba
05-28-2009, 06:06 PM
You're welcome! Glad I could I help, and you managed to snag one.

Maerj2000
05-28-2009, 06:33 PM
...was able to order one set today(39.95 plus ship). Thanks again!

That's a little high but it is a cool set. Hopefully they have plenty available for mail order.

jonthejedi
05-29-2009, 05:04 AM
It IS a little steep. This is bar none my son's favorite thing about SW weekends(actually now they do it all year round). He also participated at Celebration II & III. He's challenged, so this is a big deal to him. I was hoping to get two, but not at that price. If you've ever seen the show, it's a cool idea for a Star Tours item.

jonthejedi
06-06-2009, 06:04 AM
Received my set today from UPS...I was dead-on right, now my son wants one to open. Maybe they'll be around next year.

Maerj2000
06-06-2009, 10:27 AM
They probably will be. They sold the Star Tours figures for years and they have appeared in that box set as well, so I don't see why these wouldn't be around for a while. As long as it doesn't say Limited Edition on there somewhere I think they'll still have them.

DarkArtist
06-28-2009, 09:34 AM
i picked up one of the Jedi Training sets when i went ot the parks on June 5th and I have to say its a great little set to use for a diorama of Order 66. finally have some more younglings and a generic Jedi for the display.

jonthejedi
06-29-2009, 05:33 AM
Because Series 3 Disney/SW characters weren't at the Park for SW W/E's...it's my understanding they may be available in July via the 407 number. Just F.Y.I.

jonthejedi
07-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Was able to get all but Minnie/Leia(backordered) from 407#. Donald as a stormie is a hoot...clearly my favorite.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I got two yesterday from the DL park itself: Donald Trooper and Mickey Pilot. I haven't yet opened them, but the removable helmet and gun for each made them cool from the outside. Minnie as Slave seems so wrong, I couldn't bring myself to buy that one. Also passed on Chewbacca Goofy and Chip 'n Dale Ewoks (no hoods, they looked the least SW of all of them).

I saw no Teeks anywhere.

Maerj2000
07-17-2009, 04:29 PM
I got two yesterday from the DL park itself: Donald Trooper and Mickey Pilot. I haven't yet opened them, but the removable helmet and gun for each made them cool from the outside. Minnie as Slave seems so wrong, I couldn't bring myself to buy that one. Also passed on Chewbacca Goofy and Chip 'n Dale Ewoks (no hoods, they looked the least SW of all of them).

I saw no Teeks anywhere.

Just to let you know, Teek is not a carded action figure. He's a mini figure that comes in a small bag with a few other figures. They sell for around $5.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-17-2009, 05:19 PM
I knew he wasn't carded (although, that'd be quite cool), but I figured (pun always intended) he was in a box of other characters or something. I'd forgotten about the toys-in-a-bag ones.

Maerj2000
07-17-2009, 05:25 PM
It must be nice to live close to a Disney park. I've been trying to talk my wife into it for years but she won't move out of state. I'm thinking when we take our little girl, in 2011 she'll be 3, then dear Wifey will be outnumbered! :D

figrin bran
01-06-2010, 10:25 PM
The mini figure collector packs have finally been released at Disneyland.

I got the Star Tours crew member, AT-AT and Stitch Emperor.