PDA

View Full Version : WTH? - Jurassic Park returns to Toys R Us!

Beast
05-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Just was made aware of the fact that ActionFigs.Com got a new Toys R Us Exclusive of a Jurassic Park figure. Seems sorta out of left field, since JP IV seems a ways off still. Maybe kids are just eager for some cool dinosaur figures again. Either way, here's a link to the Dino Battlers: Triceratops Vs. Tyrannosaurous Rex. On the bright side, I recall these being 3 3/4" scale. So they'd make great Dinos for the Marvel Universe Savage Land. Now where's Ka-Zar, Shanna, Zabu, and Sauron.

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3023

Edit: Apperantly a whole bunch of JP stuff appears on the TRU computers.

http://www.jptoys.com/index.php/2009/04/28/536-new-jp-toyline-planned-for-june

El Chuxter
05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Forget Sauron. Where's the true evil genius of the Marvel Universe, Stegron?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Interesting. I gotta say i'm not impressed with the figure pics that SSG posted though. I used to collect these figures from the first two films; they were pretty fantastic.

I'm anxious to see the T-Rex though. I still have all my JP figures!!

and i'd still kill for that T-Rex/Raptor diorama from Sideshow. :love::love::love:

jonthejedi
05-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I thought JPIV was extinct now, literally.

Beast
05-11-2009, 04:01 PM
I thought JPIV was extinct now, literally.
Nope. Still moving forward, although rather slowly.

And yes, they're still going with the whole commando unit of Dinosaurs idea.

El Chuxter
05-11-2009, 04:26 PM
The proposed Jurassic Park IV is such an abomination, it makes Jurassic Park /// look like freaking Citizen Kane. And that was one godawful movie.

figrin bran
05-12-2009, 02:31 AM
Beast, these remind me of some JP branded Galactic Heroes sized pvc's that I used to see in Kay-Bee's when they were still in business.

This might be just a redeco of those molds. In which case they're definitely not to scale with 3.75" figures.