PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow Han & Luke Stormtrooper Disquise

Blue2th
05-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Anybody getting these guys?
Priority Pre-order starts thursday.
Sure is tempting.

http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=1160&href=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sideshowtoy.com%2f%3fp%3d674 8 (SSG approved tracking link)

Wow! I just realized I became a Sith Lord!
a privilege my master.

bobafrett
05-12-2009, 07:17 PM
I'd love too, but I is broke.

AmanaMatt
05-13-2009, 12:15 AM
All week, Sideshow has been showing pics that made it look like Luke was shorter - now we find out that 'due to time constraints' he is the same size...kinda frustrating

New sculpts, details on belt and inside helmets = very cool

A must buy for me, though I will have to customize Luke's height a bit...

jonthejedi
05-13-2009, 04:45 AM
With Vader & sandie around the corner, uhh...no, just too pricey. Good sculpts though.

Blue2th
05-13-2009, 09:52 AM
With the Stormtrooper already released, there's not going to be much of a wait on these. Well at SDCC, which is coming up right around the corner.

I really like the inside details on the helmets.

Guess I'd better decide before Friday.

I want the Sandtrooper more, and that's going to be a hit on my funds already.

AmanaMatt
05-13-2009, 09:59 AM
I suspect the $200 or so price tag may be a deterrent for many people....its a real cool item, just hitting at a bad time of year

Slicker
05-13-2009, 10:13 AM
I was seriously thinking about breaking into the realm of Sideshow figures with these but the price is waaaaay too high for me. At $100 per figure it's even high for Sideshow.

JediTricks
05-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Priced me right out of it. It's a cool set, but I just can't afford it. At best, that's half my SDCC budget right there. Plus, the figures can't wear their helmets, that detail on the back of Luke's belt is suspect, and the Han sculpt is a bit too specific. I hadn't even heard of the height issue, that's a real shame.

Slicker
05-13-2009, 03:02 PM
I didn't really read the article but they seriously can't wear their helmets? Or they can wear 'em but it would defeat the purpose of all of the detail?

AmanaMatt
05-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Priced me right out of it. It's a cool set, but I just can't afford it. At best, that's half my SDCC budget right there. Plus, the figures can't wear their helmets, that detail on the back of Luke's belt is suspect, and the Han sculpt is a bit too specific. I hadn't even heard of the height issue, that's a real shame.

You hater, you!!!! :thumbsup:

The height issue is 'jacked up!'

sergiurusu
05-14-2009, 03:51 AM
I really like the detailed helmets. But I'm going to pass on them since they are not really imperials (my focus)

JediTricks
05-14-2009, 06:40 PM
I didn't really read the article but they seriously can't wear their helmets? Or they can wear 'em but it would defeat the purpose of all of the detail?From what I can tell, they can hold them, but not wear them. I could be wrong, but no photos have shown that, there'd be no room for their sculpted hair to crush down, and the helmets have full interiors which take up extra space. Plus, it'd defeat the purpose. ;) (IMO, without the Luke height difference, might as well just pull the ANH heads off Luke & Han, put them on the regular Stormie... assuming it's possible).

You hater, you!!!! :thumbsup:

The height issue is 'jacked up!'I'm not a hater, I'm a cheapskate. :p I'd buy them if I could comfortably afford them, but they do have issues worth addressing none the less.

And they should have come with the long rifle as well, one of them is holding it when they walk into the cellblock. Cuffs for Chewie would be nice too, and that accessory already exists.

AmanaMatt
05-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, this set is light on accessories......that said, I am surprised we got all new heads. I expected them to reuse the originals...

The helmets are for display purposes only and cannot be worn.

JediTricks
05-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Crap, I didn't realize that wasn't a reuse of the ANH Luke head, that's a real shame because this one is much better looking.

Blue2th
05-16-2009, 09:22 PM
The chance for the PPO came and went for me.

The timing wasn't good for me anyways when I just got the charge and shipping notice for my Utapua Trooper.

JediTricks
05-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Timing just got worse for this set, SSC is out of their minds, Darth Vader is now scheduled for July. Bye bye money!

Jayspawn
05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
They bumped up Vader? Ohhh crap! Except thats good news though.

I'm gonna pass on SDCC Han & Luke due to Vader being moved up and really too many things on my colllectible plate (and its a BIG plate!)

AmanaMatt
05-21-2009, 04:57 PM
They bumped up Vader? Ohhh crap! Except thats good news though.

I'm gonna pass on SDCC Han & Luke due to Vader being moved up and really too many things on my colllectible plate (and its a BIG plate!)

Bumped up? Naw, he was pushed back

Blue2th
05-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Well, if he's moved up I'm probably going to have to pass on him and cancel my order now.

Just got notified today that some incriminating evidence from pictures I took of all the crap I went through with a unscrupulous roofing contractor in 2007 that butchered my house then is trying to collect and taking me to court have been successfully extracted from my fried G5 harddrive. So I'll be paying for that. Could be from $200 to $500 or more. (I back-up everything now) it's going to make all the difference in my defense "whew."

I'll try to get one later or wait for the ESB one they said they were going to make.

JediTricks
05-23-2009, 06:07 PM
They bumped up Vader? Ohhh crap! Except thats good news though. It would be if we were millionaires. :p

Bumped up? Naw, he was pushed backHe was originally pushed back from 1st quarter to September, but has since been bumped up from September to July.

Well, if he's moved up I'm probably going to have to pass on him and cancel my order now.Well, you can hold off until the last minute to cancel, you can even call Sideshow and have them hold off on shipping yours until later if you'd prefer to wait and see what you can afford. Sucks about your roofer and dead HD tho', $500 is fairly standard but some places will merely have you buy a new HD and swap out its discs so you use the new motor and read arms, much cheaper.

Blue2th
05-23-2009, 07:18 PM
It would be if we were millionaires. :p

He was originally pushed back from 1st quarter to September, but has since been bumped up from September to July.

Well, you can hold off until the last minute to cancel, you can even call Sideshow and have them hold off on shipping yours until later if you'd prefer to wait and see what you can afford. Sucks about your roofer and dead HD tho', $500 is fairly standard but some places will merely have you buy a new HD and swap out its discs so you use the new motor and read arms, much cheaper.
I think I will hold off till the last minute thankyou. It's Vader after all.

The data recovery cost me $450 ouch! least I got the data, and pictures. Lost my old avatars I used here and got them back. Mostly wanted to get the pics of all the debris they left before I had to clean up, and where the shingle installer urinated on my roof twice. Preparing my case as a defendant.

Bought a Seagate Barracuda at Best Buy last December for it. No problems with the Apple G5 except it sure did crash!

JediTricks
05-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Sucks about it crashing. I have little faith in externals, but I've learned that the less time you leave them spinning, the better. Not because the motor itself wears out, but because their external housings are poor coolers so they overheat and die.

$450, ugh. How much data in gigs did you get back?

Blue2th
05-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Everything that was on it including all my iPhotos, iTunes, misc folders etc. It went out right after the 3 year warranty.:ermm: