PDA

View Full Version : Commander Ponds

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-15-2009, 12:10 PM
The main page has pictures of an upcoming Commander Ponds figure. The front of the package says it'll be an exclusive, and RS says it'll be TRU, but I can't tell for sure. The coloring seems off - here it looks like it's orange-red, while it looked more maroon in the show.

Moldy Crow
05-15-2009, 03:19 PM
You are right, the coloring is not what we saw in the episode, it's clearly red, they even say so in the listing. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ponds

There's also the black chin dot paint missing on this helmet.

The exclusive sticker on the package is a large backwards R, so it is a Toysrus exclusive. I will pass though, the paint is not great and it's too similar to other clone characters we are getting.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-15-2009, 05:50 PM
The picture on the card shows that his armor has at least some orange in it; the figure just seems too light.

I didn't realize what the "R" was; don't know how I didn't catch that. That's not the sticker that TRU has been using for the last few years, so I was caught off guard.

JediTricks
05-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Welcome aboard, and good catch on the R! I've been seeing those silver foil R stickers on a lot of other brands lately though, I guess that's there new thing. It's probably to increase collector focus.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2140
This figure is pretty much a snore IMO, too much orange, no wear, not a guy we know a lot. It just doesn't feel necessary.

DarkArtist
05-17-2009, 03:39 PM
does anyone know when he will be available ?

Moldy Crow
05-18-2009, 04:54 PM
The picture on the card shows that his armor has at least some orange in it; the figure just seems too light.

I didn't realize what the "R" was; don't know how I didn't catch that. That's not the sticker that TRU has been using for the last few years, so I was caught off guard.I don't know if I see the orange in the animation picture, but the bio on Wookieepedia directly mentions dark red. I think its the wrong color figure altogether.

Welcome aboard, and good catch on the R! I've been seeing those silver foil R stickers on a lot of other brands lately though, I guess that's there new thing. It's probably to increase collector focus.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2140
This figure is pretty much a snore IMO, too much orange, no wear, not a guy we know a lot. It just doesn't feel necessary.Thanks for the welcome. :-)

I think the silver R stickers look cheap though. They don't stick out as well as the older ones did that had color to them.

does anyone know when he will be available ?The release date for this card style is in the Fall, so at least then.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-18-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't know if I see the orange in the animation picture, but the bio on Wookieepedia directly mentions dark red. I think its the wrong color figure altogether.
Wookieepedia shouldn't be taken as the be-all, end-all on really anything; it's just an unofficial source.

I think the coloring should be more like it is on the back of the packaging; you're right, there doesn't seem to be any orange in the picture from the show. There might be a slight bit, but I still lean more toward the maroon side. Maybe the photo is weird - the figure looks good in some places but not others. I suppose we'll see how it looks when it comes out.