PDA

View Full Version : Vader is up

Lord Malakite
02-22-2002, 07:17 PM
The Fan Club has the Toy Fair Vader back up.

Beast
02-22-2002, 08:41 PM
Thanks Lord Malakite, pre-orders submitted. Since it's still a pre-order hopefully they come in sometime in march. Will make that a definate Happy Birthday for me. :D Now if I win one of the ones being given away I will have one to keep carded, since my brother is snagging the other one. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
02-22-2002, 10:12 PM
I just went there and it said too many people were accessing it.
Perhaps later . . .

Amanamike
02-23-2002, 12:52 AM
Same here, so hopefully I will win it from SirSteve!!!!! Goodluck to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

2-1B
02-23-2002, 01:04 AM
I was able to get through by following one of the links on the page that said it was too busy. What free item did it give you? I'm getting a Watto Commtech. Actually, I don't have him on card, so it will be a welcome addition. :)

Beast
02-23-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
I was able to get through by following one of the links on the page that said it was too busy. What free item did it give you? I'm getting a Watto Commtech. Actually, I don't have him on card, so it will be a welcome addition. :)
Cool Caeser, did you order two as well? It said I was going to get a free Boss Nass: Commtech figure with mine. Oh well, it's not Jar Jar, but atleast it's another gungan. To bad the E1 version was so short, really "stinkowiff". :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Emperor Howdy
02-23-2002, 01:25 AM
Caesar.....since I'm getting a bit annoyed with the "too busy" thing...perhaps you could explain what you did? :confused: :mad:

2-1B
02-23-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Cool Caeser, did you order two as well?

Yep, and I might go back for more :) I only want 1 for myself, and at least 2 for some friends who are into Star Wars. I like the fact that they are throwing in a free fig :)

Emperor Howdy, any success yet?

LTBasker
02-23-2002, 02:40 AM
I just really want two, one to open and one to keep carded, however I would be sure to protect them both very well, I think I'll get a small display case thing for the loose Vader. :cool:

JediTricks
02-23-2002, 03:01 AM
I worked through those "The system cannot find the file specified." and
HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too
many users are connected
Internet Information Services by waiting, and then reloading and reloading during the ordering process and got one. It sucked when I had to log in, that took like 50 reloads to work. The various ordering pages only took like 40 altogether. Still, the ideal number of reloads should have been 0. :p

Beast
02-23-2002, 03:08 AM
Hey JediTricks, what free figure did you get with your order? Just for curiousity let's see what all they are giving away. Seems to be so far only be collection 2, and 3 figures from E1, first wave.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-23-2002, 09:18 AM
I wasn't really paying attention until I got to the last page and I wound up with a Watto. Pretty cool figuring that I don't have one carded. You know, the fanclub is alright by me. They almost always throw in extras and they work to get us these hard to get items. I just wonder what the celebration figure will be and if we'll get a shot at it.

Beast
02-23-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by hairless chewie
I wasn't really paying attention until I got to the last page and I wound up with a Watto. Pretty cool figuring that I don't have one carded. You know, the fanclub is alright by me. They almost always throw in extras and they work to get us these hard to get items. I just wonder what the celebration figure will be and if we'll get a shot at it.
According to Yakface it's a good possibility. So I guess I'm not to worried about missing Celebration II. Besides I asked a whole bunch of people that are going to try to get me one. :D Here is the info Yakface dug up about the Celebration II figure:

Will they be offering another one at the Celebration II, and will it be offered through the fan club as well?

Probably and probably. That's the best answer that can be given at this time. Let's face it folks, it's the 25th Anniversary. They are BOUND to do something out in Indiana. Personally, I can't go to the Celebration II, but if I could see a figure come out of it, I'd love to see a chromed Clonetrooper or Jango. That's nothing I've heard, just the wishes of a demented fan.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Emperor Howdy
02-23-2002, 01:38 PM
It's about freakin' time. I gave up last night, and attempted again today with no problem....:confused: ........immediately worked. No free fig., though. I'm assuming because I finally used my $10 gift cert. for an overall total of $7.48. Maybe I'm being punished. Nonetheless, I'm as happy as a little girl in a pink dress running through a daisy field.....................ooookay, I just said that outloud, didn't I? :D

2-1B
02-24-2002, 01:58 AM
Maybe they only give away a free figure if you buy two or spend a certain amount?

I hope their ordering system is working smoothly for everyone now . . . :cool:

JediTricks
02-24-2002, 11:18 AM
I too got Watto, which was one of the best Ep 1 figures in the line. I suppose if Hasbro wants to give away figures they made too many of and could no longer sell, I am not one to complain... much. ;)

2-1B
02-24-2002, 03:16 PM
Well, it didn't take long for them to sell out! I went back hoping to order 2 more for friends and they have "adjusted their inventories", meaning no more orders can be placed.

Now I'm curious about the production totals. :)

Princess_Leila
02-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Ouch! I just missed the little guy by a second! If anybody managed to pick up an extra one they don't need, just make sure to tell me, okay? I'll give you a big kiss on the cheek in return! :kiss: (And pay for everything, of course!)

I wanted this one so bad!

Help me fellow Jedi knights! You are my only hope!

Beast
02-24-2002, 06:05 PM
I don't think they are completly sold out, just out of stock for now. Yakface's contact said that they think that there will be enough produced to meet demand, and if needed will go back and make somemore.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SithDroid
02-24-2002, 11:54 PM
Man I hope so. I didn't even know it was getting sold until it was too late. I have been sick the past couple of days and haven't really been on the computer a whole lot. :cry: I really want one of these, so hopefully they will be available later. Or hopefully I'll win the one SirSteve is giving away.:D

OC47150
02-25-2002, 08:58 AM
How much were they?

Jedi Drew
02-25-2002, 10:28 AM
They were 14.99 plus shipping and tax.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-25-2002, 04:59 PM
So what's the big whoop about this Vader? Is it a different sculpt? Does his mask come off to reveal Anakin's face? Does it come with an ice cream cone? What then?

DahrJin
02-25-2002, 05:03 PM
It's all about the NOVELTY..........:D

and not to mention the fun.

Beast
02-25-2002, 05:19 PM
Not to mention, it's Shiny! :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

PloKoon2385
02-25-2002, 05:45 PM
It's just BETTER. It is metallic and stuff. And it's......... um....... special? Oh who cares, It's just cool!:D :cool:

JediTricks
02-26-2002, 02:34 AM
It's chromed for the ANH SILVER anniversary. I paid $11.99 plus SHIPPING and TAX for mine.

Wolfwood319
02-26-2002, 02:49 AM
Hasbro has some deal going on here.

Take a figure that clogged the pegs for months, slap on some metallic paint, throw it on new packaging, and suddenly it becomes a rare item. Sell them for $15 a pop on the fan site and watch the money trucks roll in.

If they did this once a month, they'd never have to make any new figures again, because they'd make more money on this gimmick then they ever would if they came out with new figures.

DahrJin
02-26-2002, 10:29 AM
It's called a Successful Marketing Stradegy. Kudos to Hasbro for making money on something nobody wanted. :D

Me I'd like to see more figures like it made of the Major characters. Then I'd have a full set of silver, sparkely remade figures. Man you have got to love it when the fun gets put back into SW collecting. :p

JediTricks
02-27-2002, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319

Take a figure that clogged the pegs for months, slap on some metallic paint, throw it on new packaging, and suddenly it becomes a rare item. Sell them for $15 a pop on the fan site and watch the money trucks roll in.

If they did this once a month, they'd never have to make any new figures again, because they'd make more money on this gimmick then they ever would if they came out with new figures. I think after Vader, there are only a couple other core-character figures I'd buy like this, and they'd have to be put out this year! Anything after that, I'd be totally bleah.

Beast
02-27-2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I think after Vader, there are only a couple other core-character figures I'd buy like this, and they'd have to be put out this year! Anything after that, I'd be totally bleah.
But why this year, we have many many upcoming anniversary's to celebrate. In just three more years we'll the 25th Anniversary of Empire Strikes Back, as well. And then three years later the 25th Anniversary or Return of the Jedi. :) They can do a silver Boba Fett for the ESB anniversary, and then a silver Luke: Jedi Knight for the ROTJ anniversary. :D :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 04:55 AM
Luke in vac-metal? Mesa no dinkin so! :D I'd rather see a Royal Guard or Ewok. :cool:

JediTricks
02-28-2002, 03:17 AM
Because Star Wars really started with ANH, the anniversaries of the sequels just don't seem anywhere near as meaningful as ANH's.

(please pardon the "ANH" stuff when it's really "Star Wars" ;) it's just more convenient that way)

OC47150
02-28-2002, 08:26 AM
Amen to that, JediTricks!

Mandalorian Candidat
02-28-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319

If they did this once a month, they'd never have to make any new figures again, because they'd make more money on this gimmick then they ever would if they came out with new figures.

So, in other words it's like Malibu Stacey with NEW HAT...

JEDIpartner
02-28-2002, 01:20 PM
With a new hat, no less???

Who's Stacey??

Anyhow... I agree that the ANH anniversary is the most important of them all.

OC47150
02-28-2002, 01:26 PM
Barbie's less endowed little sister.

DahrJin
02-28-2002, 02:22 PM
If I remember correctly, Malibu Stacy is from the Simpsons. Mr. Smithers is an avid collector. His geekdom for MS is almost as bad as mine for SW.:D

OC47150
02-28-2002, 02:57 PM
I stand corrected. Barbie's kid sister is Skipper. But isn't there a munchkin Barbie named Stacey? Maybe a daughter?

DahrJin
02-28-2002, 03:57 PM
Wouldn't know. Not a big Barbie guy. :D
I'll have to ask my 4 yr old daughter, I'm sure she knows.

But I'm sure if you through a metalized finnish on her, somebody somewhere would buy it, and others would complain about it.:crazed:

OC47150
02-28-2002, 04:13 PM
The only reason I know is, I buy Barbies for my 3-year-old niece.

DahrJin
02-28-2002, 04:27 PM
OC47150, I wasn't giving you greif, I go through the same with my daughter. :D

But like I said, if somene made a metal version of Barbie, some would like it, some would complain and some could care less.

Back on track..

No matter what Hasbro does, with the SW line, there's always going to be complaining...;)

OC47150
02-28-2002, 04:36 PM
I know you were. I'm just playing along.

I collect GI Joes, too, and I check out the pick aisle for Ken clothes for my Joes on a regular basis.

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 06:26 PM
DahrJin, true, and even if there was nothing to complain about, someone would start complaining about people not complaining anymore.

Beast
02-28-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
DahrJin, true, and even if there was nothing to complain about, someone would start complaining about people not complaining anymore.
Exactly, just check out the thread complaining about the Imperial Officer figure that proves people enjoy complaining. Or try the POTJ thread entitled "Final Wave" :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks