PDA

View Full Version : Did I Just Meet Jedi Ashoka Tano In An Elevator?

Tycho
05-17-2009, 09:22 PM
I think I met Ashoka Tano in an elevator today

I took my older cousin to the Padres game and she cannot handle all the stairs. So we're leaving the ball park and there's a sign that says "special service elevator," or something. We walk on with this pretty blonde girl who showed up there at the same time we did. Security has someone outside and inside who just wave us on through.

We're excited about the Padres' victorious sweep of the Reds so conversation is all enthusiastic in the elevator, while I'm thinking about ways to find out if this girl would be interested. I hadn't tried anything with a girl since the hamburger stand line during the 5th inning and I was about due.

So we're talking about the game immediately and she's really friendly but has a sort of familiar voice. Just some tones. I couldn't place it but didn't really think much about it at the moment.

So we come out of the elevator into a restricted access part of the stadium beneathe the ballbark and we're still talking and walking, but I notice that she, myself, and my cousin are the only people down there. My cousin interrupts and says, "this isn't the way to the parking."

So we ask the girl and she laughs and says we have to go back up the elevator we just came off of unless we want to go to the players' lounge. My cousin says, "No we want to go back to the car and head home now."

I thought about it just as the girl was walking away to ask for her name or peek for a wedding ring (I usually forget to do the latter all the time anyway).

But 2nd baseman David Eckstein's wife is the voice of Ashoka Tano and I myself have the Star Wars story of the month to tell, what with me and Barry being in the Insider because of the kidney transplant (I have the scar to clearly identify myself for certain). But we never talked Star Wars as there was too much to say about an exciting ballgame anyway. Besides, she could have been the wife or other family member of at least 20 other ballplayers, but I wasn't on top of my game what with my older cousin stealing a few pinch hits in there.

But the other Padres I would most like to meet is Trevor Hoffman who also has 1 kidney like me and Barry, but was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers before the start of this season.

figrin bran
05-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Tycho, have you seen what Ashley Eckstein looks like?

I have this 20 min. Clone Wars special which she hosted on my ipod but I don't really know how to link that. She does have her own site so you can do a search for that. I think there are photos with her and David. We know David is not a big guy and she's much smaller than him.

Trust your instincts, it probably was her.

JetsAndHeels
05-17-2009, 09:34 PM
ISo we ask the girl and she laughs and says we have to go back up the elevator we just came off of unless we want to go to the players' lounge. My cousin says, "No we want to go back to the car and head home now."

Man, you guys should have tried to get into the players' lounge. You probably would have been told to leave, but it would have been worth a shot. I mean, even Kramer got into the Yankees' clubhouse to talk to Paul O'Neill. :)

Tycho
05-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Whoops. I looked at Ashley Eckstein's photos. That was definitely not her in the elevator.

This thread title should be changed to "Did I Just NOT Meet Jedi Ashoka Tano In An Elevator?"

Then the answer would be "yes, I did not meet Ashoka Tano in an elevator" and you guys could all post in this thread "that exact same thing happened to me, too!"

El Chuxter
05-18-2009, 01:02 PM
You mean that voice comes out of someone who's old enough to be married? I figured it was a 12-year-old who needed a slap.