PDA

View Full Version : V = Visitors

sith_killer_99
05-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Well, as one door is rudely slammed shut in our faces another gently opens.

With the tragic and jarring loss of TSCC, I am left with cautious optimism towards the new television series V.

We shall see...

Here's what we know:

Cast

* Alan Tudyk as Dale,
* Morena Baccarin as Anna (The leader of the Aliens),
* Lourdes Benedicto as Valerie Stevens,
* Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica Evans,
* Logan Huffman as Tyler Evans,
* Joel Gretsch as Father Jack Lowery,
* Scott Wolf as Chad Decker (reporter),
* Morris Chestnut as Ryan Nichols,
* Christopher Shyer as Marcus (an Alien),
* Laura Vandervoort as Lisa (an Alien),
* Jesse Wheeler as Brandon,
* David Richmond-Peck as Gerorge (Leader Of the resistance Movement),
* Stefan Arngrim as Roy,

So we will have some real veterans on the show.

Morena Baccarin, hottie hotness, formerly of Firefly and Stargate.
Elizabeth Mitchell, Juliet from LOST.
Joel Gretsch, Tom Baldwin of the 4400 and Owen Crawford from Taken!!!
Laura Vandervoort, Supergirl (Kara Zor-El) from Smallville.

And that Scott Wolf guy who was in that show with Jack from Lost and that chick from the Ghost Whisperer.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed....V....we will see.:tired:

2-1B
05-18-2009, 10:17 PM
"V for Victory!"

No Robert Englund? :cry:

Blue2th
05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Can't wait to see one of them swallow a rat whole. One of my favorite scenes in the original. :yes:

2-1B
05-18-2009, 10:42 PM
And the face peelings. And bird eating.

sith_killer_99
05-18-2009, 11:01 PM
The more you guys post the more I think it's a bad idea to have the hot chicks play lizards.:(

Blue2th
05-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Well then the hot chicks would be cold then like cold blooded lizards. :razz:

JEDIpartner
05-19-2009, 08:46 AM
I was hopeful about this... but the buzz on this is pretty bad so far. It's sad 'cos I adore Elizabeth Mitchell and have an unreasonable crush on Joel Gretsch. LOL

sith_killer_99
05-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Joel Gretsch is married to William Shatner's daughter.

JimJamBonds
05-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Wow, I had no idea this was going on! I'll have to look into it for sure!!! And I'm with 2-1B, Freddie should be in this V as well.

2-1B
05-19-2009, 08:15 PM
And I'm with 2-1B, Freddie should be in this V as well.

While we're at it, he should also be in the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Blue2th
05-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Eeeh let's see if they use the Alberkerkee Balloon Fiesta to kill the Visitors with gas this time eeeh. :rolleyes:

Ando
05-20-2009, 12:41 PM
And the face peelings. And bird eating.

And the girl alien on girl alien soap opera like cat fights.

I will tune in to check it out. If it's as good as the now canceled NBC remake of Knight Rider, I will keep watching. And by "As good as" I mean cheesy fun "good".

Qui-Long Gone
05-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Thank god Fox didn't pick up V, otherwise it would be interesting then get cancelled....

Ando
05-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Thank god Fox didn't pick up V, otherwise it would be interesting then get cancelled....

Ha! Good one, QLG!

Blue2th
05-21-2009, 06:47 PM

No kidding huh!

Qui-Long Gone
11-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Anyone watch Tuesday night?

I thought it was slowly paced, unimaginative (well it is V), well-designed (but not atmospheric like BSG) and a far cry from the thrill of the 80s mini-series/series....on the upside, maybe it will get better, ABC does have smart writers, they just need to move them over to V....

*Observations

Elizabeth Mitchell is much better on Lost, her wooden personality lends mystery and saddness to that show, but was dragged out on V...I like my FBI more Scully and less sully...

Father Jack! I love seeing characters of faith in action (aka Locke on Lost), even if they look like the Beastmaster (Singer was awesome in the original). I hope we get to see Father Jack blast a V with and snip "Via con Dios."

Sorry, Diana was way cooler and more evil (and hotter) than Anna!

I liked that Morris turned out to be a V-traitor! Didn't see that coming!

I hope Tyler Evans gets eaten by a V...bratty kids only turn out interesting as Jedi....

Nice to see Tudyk get work (long live Firefly!)...but why is he always cannon fodder?

Sorry Georgie, but your resistance will NEVER be as kick ***** as the one lead by MICHAEL "THE UZZI" IRONSIDE!:twisted:

Where is Willie "aka Freddie Kruger" when you need comic relief?

For whatever reason, the V-80s/Holocaust analogy was more effective than the V-00s/Cell-block terrorist analogy.

El Chuxter
11-04-2009, 08:43 AM
I refuse to watch any remade TV series until there are enough glowing reviews from actual human beings and not paid critics. They show a disturbing lack of imagination and innovation. It's not that I refuse to see such remakes at all, but I'll wait until enough people tell me it's can't-miss material to spend my time on it. Even then, it's not foolproof; BSG Mark II was carp. (Sorry, setting myself up for assassination attempts here, I know, but it was.)

RooJay
11-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Watched it. Loved it. I especially dug the inclusion of the "Reptilian Humanoids" conspiracy theory angle; which, by the way, is a real world (and incredibly insane) conspiracy theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilian_humanoid

Ando
11-04-2009, 11:11 AM
I loved the 80's version (both mini series + the series) and rewatched them over the weekend, but I really enjoyed last night's pilot episode of the new version.

I liked the way the explained that there was a sleeper cell of Visitors in place on Earth the way the Cylons had planted "skin jobs" in various places on Caprica (and the Battlestar Gallactica and throughout the fleet) the way BSG did.

I didn't see it coming when the Visitor played by Morris Chestnut revealed himself but I DID see it coming when Alan Tudyk turned out to be a Visitor and I knew he wasn't dead even before they showed a preview for next week.

JEDIpartner
11-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Interesting to note: Elizabeth Mitchell and her son are standing in front of OCEANIC PLAZA when the Visitors announce the global greeting (a LOST reference); the address of the meeting was 4400 Pier Street or something to that effect (a nod to The 4400).

I thought it was well done. It tied everything into the state of the world as we know it today. Nice launching pad to create the mythology.

OC47150
11-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Steve the Pirate is a Visitor!!!

I thought it was pretty good. The cell aspect was a nice new twist.

I'll keep watching.

RooJay
11-05-2009, 02:57 AM
The one mis-step they made in my opinion was regarding Morris Chestnut's otherwise very cool character, was the fact that his resistance gathering buddy seemed so immediately accepting of the revelation that he's secretly been a Visitor all along and still seemed to trust him. If I were that guy, I'd immediately suspect that he was the one that tipped off the Visitors and had them send that exploding drone dealie in the first place. I'd call it a bit of a minor character judgement lapse, but it'd be a pretty easy save to correct that one.

sonofsokol
11-05-2009, 09:42 AM
The first episode was very good, I am really excited about this series. I never saw the original series, or even heard about it for that matter. Seeing a couple cast members from Firefly is pretty sweet too.

Engineernerd
11-06-2009, 11:32 AM
My thoughts pretty much are the same as the first few in the thread, but you can read about them here:

http://tvandfilmtoys.com/index.php/2009/11/why-the-new-v-doesnt-work-for-this-nerd/

Bel-Cam Jos
11-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Although, if it doesn't latch on strongly, it may be cancelled from ABC instead...

Kidhuman
11-07-2009, 09:23 AM
I liked it, thought it was interesting.

JimJamBonds
11-07-2009, 09:27 AM
SyFy has been showing the original V the last week. I didn't catch the whole thing but what I saw I enjoyed (and remember from when I was only 6!).

JimJamBonds
11-07-2009, 01:45 PM
I just finished watching the pilot episode on Hulu and all in all I liked it. Although I didn't care for the fact that Steve the Pirate died.

sith_killer_99
11-07-2009, 03:11 PM
I actually enjoyed the show. I like Elizabeth Mitchell's character, it works well with her relationship with her son, you can see why he was sort of driven away from her towards the Visitors.

Yes the show is a bit slow, but all good character driven shows seem to suffer from extended dialogue, catch 22. The only real exception was "The Shield" which was able to push hard on the action, given the nature of the show (police drama).

As for Diana being hotter than Anna, it's the hair. Morena Baccarin is way hotter than Jane Badler!!! She was super hot in both Firefly and Stargate, but a bit less in V. I really don't like the short hair, few women can pull it off IMO. Also the makeup was poorly done, in the original Diana wore brighter pink and red lipstick, whereas Anna used more earthy tones, which goes good with her complexion, but doesn't really accentuate her beauty. It really didn't work well for her, they should have gotten the hair and makeup people from Stargate, they did a wonderful job of bringing out her true beauty.

I rather enjoyed the "sleeper cell" angle, it played well with the whole "deception" theme faking their looks, pretending to be something they are not, hiding among us, sowing the seeds of dissent, etc. It seems a natural extension of their plan.

Anyway, I enjoyed it, more action and better flow than the first episode of Heroes, IMO.

plasticfetish
11-07-2009, 04:11 PM
(Two "V" threads... merged.)

sith_killer_99
11-07-2009, 04:27 PM

Yeah!!!:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
11-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by plasticfetish http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=704387#post704387)

Yeah!!!:thumbsup:

So this is the new W thread? :D

Qui-Long Gone
11-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Ves....! :D

OC47150
11-18-2009, 07:28 PM
If my mom came into my room and there was a girl in her undies standing there, I'd get a little more than 'get dressed.'

Between last week's and last night's eps, I rewatched the original V miniseries. Interesting contrast. The original's storyline and FX still hold up pretty well 25+ years later.

RooJay
11-19-2009, 12:01 AM
I am beggining to wish the new Visitors seemed a little more alien. So far, aside from a few brief glimpses of scales and an eye, they seem pretty much human with particularly clean clothes. I miss the old Visitors' voices, and I wouldn't mind seeing one down a hamster or guinea pig, but what I really want to see is some noticable differentiation between their culture and ours.

JimJamBonds
11-19-2009, 09:30 PM
I miss the old Visitors' voices, and I wouldn't mind seeing one down a hamster or guinea pig, but what I really want to see is some noticable differentiation between their culture and ours.

With next Tuesday's episode the last one until March I think that sort of thing is going to have to be shown. I'm really enjoying the series and it sucks it will be 4 months until a new episode.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Yeah, this'll be THE LAST EPISODE OF 2009, people! ABC has spoken! :yes:

JimJamBonds
11-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Yeah, this'll be THE LAST EPISODE OF 2009, people! ABC has spoken! :yes:

D@mn you ABC!!!

sith_killer_99
11-22-2009, 05:10 PM
D@mn you ABC!!!

Better than waiting 13 months for Battlestar Galactica.

The first mini-series aired in December 2003, but we didn't get to see the first season until January 2005!!!:cry:

The wait was BRUTAL, but sooo worth it!:love:

morpheus282
11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
I didn't realize until now that the V FBI agent was Alan Tudyk. That poor guy can't catch a break. Killed off in Serenity, typecast as a pirate, and now killed by the 5th column. Just not fair. Of course, he does seem to get the best lines in anything he's cast.

OC47150
11-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I didn't realize until now that the V FBI agent was Alan Tudyk. That poor guy can't catch a break. Killed off in Serenity, typecast as a pirate, and now killed by the 5th column. Just not fair. Of course, he does seem to get the best lines in anything he's cast.

He was in two episodes of Dollhouse last season, too.

He's always gonna be Steve the Pirate to me.

JimJamBonds
11-22-2009, 09:20 PM
I didn't realize until now that the V FBI agent was Alan Tudyk. That poor guy can't catch a break. Killed off in Serenity, typecast as a pirate, and now killed by the 5th column. Just not fair.

The guy got killed TWICE in this series (kinda). :p

JimJamBonds
11-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Another solid episode tonight.... how long until March is it?

sith_killer_99
11-24-2009, 08:40 PM

3 1/2 months! Uggh.:(

Mad Slanted Powers
11-25-2009, 08:38 AM
I've enjoyed V so far. I wonder if they will ever get around to making the prequels, I, II, III and IV.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-25-2009, 10:42 AM
I'll been waiting for Winston Churchill to make his appearance, in his Guy Fowlkes [sp?] mask.

I think this long layoff (probably due to NCAA bowl games?) is a bad idea for our short-term memory culture.

OC47150
11-25-2009, 07:29 PM
I'll been waiting for Winston Churchill to make his appearance, in his Guy Fowlkes [sp?] mask.

I think this long layoff (probably due to NCAA bowl games?) is a bad idea for our short-term memory culture.

I agree. Today's TV viewers have short-term memory, and look at all the decent shows that have died off because of hiatuses.

Don't forget the Olympics in February.

JimJamBonds
11-25-2009, 10:17 PM

3 1/2 months! Uggh.:(

Crap, that's how long I thought it was. :mad:

Kidhuman
11-28-2009, 10:36 AM
WTF is this carp, 3/10?

JimJamBonds
11-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Maybe it will get bumped up like Chuck did. :rolleyes:

OC47150
02-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Returning March 30.

JimJamBonds
02-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Returning March 30.

Dang, I hoped it would have been sooner.

OC47150
02-19-2010, 06:33 PM
I did, too. I haven't even checked to see if March 30 is a Tuesday.

JimJamBonds
02-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Instead of doing some searching on my own does anybody know how many episodes there will be?

OC47150
02-21-2010, 11:17 AM
I just now went to imdb.com and only found the first four eps listed. I'll nose around a little more later on.

Qui-Long Gone
02-23-2010, 03:32 PM
What a ridiculous programing move for this show...

JimJamBonds
02-25-2010, 06:36 AM
I just now went to imdb.com and only found the first four eps listed. I'll nose around a little more later on.

Dang, well hopefully these four are as good as the first four.

JimJamBonds
03-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Anybody else catch last nights episode?

sonofsokol
03-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Its on my DVR... I have family in town which totally messes up my TV watching schedule. I am very excited to see it... last weeks "catch up" show got me really excited for this again.

JimJamBonds
03-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Its on my DVR... I have family in town which totally messes up my TV watching schedule. I am very excited to see it... last weeks "catch up" show got me really excited for this again.

There was a catch up show? Dang, I would have watched that. :frus:

sonofsokol
03-31-2010, 10:55 AM
The only reason I saw it was my trusty DVR recorded for me. :love:

OC47150
03-31-2010, 07:39 PM
We have an updated version of Ham Tyler! Not a bad ep.

It was nice to see that ABC showed the previous eps. I've been watching the 80s movies and series on SciFi the last few days.

JimJamBonds
04-01-2010, 09:15 AM
I forgot to add the like the homage back to the original series when Ty's (?) wife picked up that mouse and thought about eating it. Very nice!

LTBasker
04-02-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm thoroughly convinced that ABC hates FBI people.

They have two shows with FBI agents as main characters, V and FlashForward. They have more in common than simply being FBI, though, since they're both completely and utterly braindead and bland as can be. Okay, granted V's FBI agent Erica Evans isn't all that bland; she has had some interesting moments especially when it comes to defending herself. However, she's still horribly incompetent. Her ignorance was only vaguely present throughout the first four episodes, but this episode pretty quickly set it up.

So...

-SPOILERS-
She gets attacked by a V, then kills him - quite nicely I have to say - but has Nichols destroy the body? Why? They've wanted evidence to show the V's are bad, even though the FBI has been infiltrated by the V's there is no way that it wouldn't be a brilliant move to drag the dude into the FBI offices and skin him right there. Bam, irrefutable proof that not only are the V's not who they say they are, but she's a freaking FBI agent that has at least some credibility, who is going to doubt her word that she was attacked? Heck, they don't even put the guy on ice for future evidence; they just destroy him. Why?! They then spend the rest of the episode practically going "oh what do we do..." Granted, they recruit that guy to train them, but it was extremely forced how they finally convinced him. It would have been better if they had opened a freezer and showed him the V, at least then he could have been like, "Oh wow you people ARE serious!" Overall it was just awful, and I can't think of a single redeeming thing that happened.

Granted, Morena Baccarin showed off her fantastic evil side that made her SG-1 character not suck as much as it might have, but then they had to mix in the distracting cheesy CGI. We didn't need to see her giant teeth; end on "they need nourishment" and have some sense of ambiguity.

I think that's another thing that kills the show for me, in that we are absolutely certain only 5 episodes into it that the V's are evil. Granted, those that are already familiar with the old show would know this, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try to add some sort of suspense. Why not make it seem like the V's actually have some sort complexity to them, instead of blatantly beating us over the head with a clear-cut villain? Or, at least have Anna be mysterious; some V's can be blatantly villainous but Anna could be ambiguous; is she in on it or is she an inevitable victim too? It's simply not compelling waiting for Erica and co. to get their little army together as they fumble about with "we have to do this, but what do we doooooo" attitudes.
-SPOILERS-

OC47150
04-08-2010, 05:47 PM
This week's ep was the first one where the CG sets were really obvious. Other than that, good ep. V intrigues me more than Caprica.

sith_killer_99
04-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Well, V is shaping up to be a good show, solid anyway. It is to be expected given the cast they have put together.

However, it's no replacement for Lost, I will miss that show.

Looking for other new shows to replace the holes left in my weekly viewing pleasure.

TSCC, The Shield, BSG, Lost, The 4400, etc. have left me wanting good shows.

Luckily we still have Chuck (for now), Heroes (for now), Fringe, V, and a few others.

Still, TSCC was a big loss for me, I still cry for what could have been.:cry:

In any event V is shaping up nicely and has major potential.:D

Mad Slanted Powers
04-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Looking for other new shows to replace the holes left in my weekly viewing pleasure.Have you been watching Flash Forward or Human Target?

OC47150
04-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Have you been watching Flash Forward or Human Target?

Human Target is good. Nice to see Jackie Earle Haley working on a regular basis, too. I remember him as the punk kid from the Bad News Bears movies.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Human Target is good. Nice to see Jackie Earle Haley working on a regular basis, too. I remember him as the punk kid from the Bad News Bears movies.
In that one, he was bigger than all the other kids. Now, he seems kind of short.

sith_killer_99
04-09-2010, 09:45 AM
I have not gotten into FF or Human Target yet. It was the same with Lost, I didn't even begin that series until after Season 1 was out on DVD. I caved into all the hype and rented the first 2 DVD's. After that it was all over.

I will probably watch FF soon. I haven't heard of Human Target.

JimJamBonds
04-15-2010, 10:54 AM
After last nights episode I'll make a prediction. I'm guessing that Lisa will go against her mother (Anna) and help the human's against the V's. What happened to Ryan will happen to her ie. develop feelings and human emotions.

OC47150
04-15-2010, 06:17 PM
After last nights episode I'll make a prediction. I'm guessing that Lisa will go against her mother (Anna) and help the human's against the V's. What happened to Ryan will happen to her ie. develop feelings and human emotions.

Interesting theory.

Lisa just appearing on Ty's dad's doorstep was just too freaky, almost stalker-ish.

Poor Georgie. He will be missed.

sith_killer_99
04-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Poor Georgie. He will be missed.

The character will be missed, the name will not. Every time I hear that name I am reminded of Stephen King's "It" and my mind conjures up images of Tim Curry as Pennywise the clown. Honestly what grown man goes by the name Georgie.:laugh:

JimJamBonds
04-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Also of note: Tuesday's episode was directed by non other then Johnathan Frakes.

JimJamBonds
04-22-2010, 11:47 AM

Hey, I don't want to say "I called it" but it looks like "I called it."

sith_killer_99
04-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Also of note: Tuesday's episode was directed by non other then Johnathan Frakes.

John Frakes lives!

jonthejedi
04-22-2010, 06:09 PM
So Lisa flunked the Empathy test, or did she????

sith_killer_99
04-22-2010, 06:18 PM
So Lisa flunked the Empathy test, or did she????

Yes, Lisa flunked the test. The 5th Column doctor lied to Anna, so that Lisa would owe him a favor.

Anna is a bit paranoid and suspected the doctor may be lying so she chose to test her by killing the "egg".

But yes, Lisa flunked the test.

OC47150
04-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I never noticed how nice a butt Anna has until Tuesday night's ep. :yes:

JimJamBonds
04-28-2010, 07:02 PM
While I enjoyed last nights episode I've developed the feeling that although there is plenty going on and there is a nice buildup there never seems to be the 'pay off' so to speak. Hopefully they are just saving that for the last couple of episodes.

OC47150
04-28-2010, 07:16 PM
While I enjoyed last nights episode I've developed the feeling that although there is plenty going on and there is a nice buildup there never seems to be the 'pay off' so to speak. Hopefully they are just saving that for the last couple of episodes.

I'm kinda there with you, JJB. I've enjoyed this show much (more fulfilling/satisfying than Caprica), but when Anna was standing by the tadpole pond at the end, I wondered what direction the show is going. I know its renewal is still up in the air, but I'd like to see some of the stray storylines resolved or at least addressed better.

Is that asking too much?

JimJamBonds
04-29-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm kinda there with you, JJB. I've enjoyed this show much (more fulfilling/satisfying than Caprica), but when Anna was standing by the tadpole pond at the end, I wondered what direction the show is going. I know its renewal is still up in the air, but I'd like to see some of the stray storylines resolved or at least addressed better.

Is that asking too much?

Renewal? I presumed the show was done next month?

OC47150
05-06-2010, 07:17 PM
All is not well with Anna and her daughter.

Next week's ep should be good.

sith_killer_99
05-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Not sure why I'm still watching this show, it just doesn't impress me. I guess it's the sci-fi geek in me that enjoys watching an alien storyline regardless of how I feel about the show and character development.:(

OC47150
05-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Not sure why I'm still watching this show, it just doesn't impress me. I guess it's the sci-fi geek in me that enjoys watching an alien storyline regardless of how I feel about the show and character development.:(

I'm still waiting for Marc Singer to make an appearance. :thumbsup:

Seriously, V grips me more than Caprica.

sith_killer_99
05-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm still waiting for Marc Singer to make an appearance. :thumbsup:

Seriously, V grips me more than Caprica.

What is this "Caprica" of which you speek?

Wait, Marc Singer is going to make an appearance!!!:laugh:

JimJamBonds
05-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Yeah this past episode was another chance to leave me feeling there was no pay off for the suspense they built.

JimJamBonds
05-12-2010, 11:34 AM
I thought last nights episode was pretty good, probably the best in quite some time. I'm not sure why but I feel this way. On a seperate note I was surprised to see that this 'season' ends next week, I guess I had the idea that it was a mini series and would last one season.

OC47150
05-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Good, solid ep. I'm wondering what's up with Hobbes and Charles at the end, and Ryan, too.

OC47150
05-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Looks like V is coming back next season!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/05/abc-renews-v-cancels-flashforward-romantically-challenged-scrubs-better-off-ted.html

RooJay
05-18-2010, 06:31 AM
I try my best to like V, but I'm shocked and apalled that it gets renewed and FlashForward gets cancelled.:mad:

sith_killer_99
05-18-2010, 11:50 AM
I try my best to like V, but I'm shocked and apalled that it gets renewed and FlashForward gets cancelled.:mad:

Worse still, TSCC dies for stuff like this to be on television.:cry:

I miss Cameron.:cry:

OC47150
05-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Interesting ep that gives us questions to ponder during the summer. Who revived Joshua? The Visitors or the Fifth Column?

And I agree, Sith Killer: TSCC was a quality show that was canceled too soon.

JimJamBonds
05-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Interesting ep that gives us questions to ponder during the summer. Who revived Joshua? The Visitors or the Fifth Column?

It was the V's, what's-his-face (Anna's devil's cabana boy) was there when he was brought back.

OC47150
05-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Yes, but is What's His Name (Charles??) playing both sides right now? I've gotten that vibe in the last two eps, that he's not all what he seems to be.

JimJamBonds
05-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Yes, but is What's His Name (Charles??) playing both sides right now? I've gotten that vibe in the last two eps, that he's not all what he seems to be.

Yup, and what was that picture that Marcus (Anna's assistant) showed him? Marcus said something along the lines of "her" and that got Marcus's attention rather quickly. Did he have a wife/girlfriend or somebody killed/captured or something?

JimJamBonds
11-10-2010, 10:28 PM
I was just thinking that the new season of V should be starting soon(ish) and I did a bit of a search and found this out. In brief season 2 has been cut from 13 ep's to 10. From what I could find season 2 will start on January 4th. http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/10/19/abc-cuts-v-season-2-episode-order/

OC47150
11-11-2010, 07:04 PM
I've seen one commerical and it said Jan. or Feb. Can't remember which, but it surprised me by the delay.

JimJamBonds
01-05-2011, 09:52 AM
V is back on, did anybody else watch it last night?

sith_killer_99
01-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I watched, it was a good episode over all.

I am looking forward to next week.:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
01-05-2011, 06:38 PM
That thing at the end with Anna's mom was kinda weird. I also think Joshua remembers what happened/will remember.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-05-2011, 06:58 PM
I thought that the woman playing Anna's mother looked like Diana from the original series, and it appears I was correct.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000826/

OC47150
01-05-2011, 08:37 PM
I kept waiting for Jane Badler to show up, and there she is, in the last 30 seconds.

It was a solid ep. I wish I would've watched the last ep again, just to refresh my memory.

sith_killer_99
01-05-2011, 10:47 PM
I kept waiting for Jane Badler to show up, and there she is, in the last 30 seconds.

It was a solid ep. I wish I would've watched the last ep again, just to refresh my memory.

Yeah, I am surprised they waited until the second season to bring her out of retirement.

JimJamBonds
01-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Her name on the show is Diana. I'm not sure that I really like that.

JimJamBonds
01-12-2011, 03:42 PM
So now I'm confused. According to last nights episode Anna can't lay eggs thus the inter breeding "plan" but Lisa is just about ready to. If that is the case who did those army eggs come to be? Was that Anna's last shot at breeding? How come the V's can't lay eggs on their planet? Why does a race of lizards behave like bee's with one queen who lays eggs?

Qui-Long Gone
01-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Because images indicate they look like Bee Lizards. Wish I was making that statement up, but it's true.

http://www.scificool.com/tv-reminder-v-season-2-returns-tonight/visitor-v-lizard-form/

JimJamBonds
01-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Because images indicate they look like Bee Lizards. Wish I was making that statement up, but it's true.

http://www.scificool.com/tv-reminder-v-season-2-returns-tonight/visitor-v-lizard-form/
Interesting, thanks Q-LG.

OC47150
01-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Maybe Anna can't do another mass egg-laying? And earth isn't suitable for laying eggs?

When Jane Badler said there was one thing she needed, I expected her to say Mike Donovan!

JEDIpartner
01-13-2011, 10:50 AM
I still enjoy the series, but it's clearly not going to make it after the end of this season. This week's and last week's episodes placed ABC in 5th place. 5th place!!!!! The premiere episode was, oddly, critically panned and was panned by the viewers as well. The critics hated this past episode and the audience was a bit kinder. That really saddens me.

Has Jane Badler had some visits to the... uh... "dentist"? Her face doesn't look like she's aged normally. it was good having her there, though. Nice marriage of the classic series and the new one.

JimJamBonds
01-13-2011, 02:55 PM
I still enjoy the series, but it's clearly not going to make it after the end of this season. This week's and last week's episodes placed ABC in 5th place. 5th place!!!!! The premiere episode was, oddly, critically panned and was panned by the viewers as well. The critics hated this past episode and the audience was a bit kinder. That really saddens me.

I'm with you JP I still like the series and like you said it'll probably be done at the end of this run. How much longer could it go? They'll have to start fighting sooner rather then later so I'm not sure how long it could go on for.
Has Jane Badler had some visits to the... uh... "dentist"? Her face doesn't look like she's aged normally. it was good having her there, though. Nice marriage of the classic series and the new one.
Umm are you talking about a 'dentist dentist' or a 'chest dentist' I don't know if you're being series or not! :D

JEDIpartner
01-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Umm are you talking about a 'dentist dentist' or a 'chest dentist' I don't know if you're being series or not! :D

"The dentist" is Kathy Griffin's code phrase for "plastic surgeon". :yes:

RooJay
01-18-2011, 05:24 AM
I've tried really, really hard to like this show (I was such a huge fan of the original) but I just can't get around the fact that everyone involved just seems to be seriously phoning it in. From the writing staff to the cast - no one involved seems to really be feeling their work here. The writing, in particular, seems like it's being done by a bunch of people who have no interest in the genre, much less love for it. Seriously, one minute everyone on earth is freaking out about the red skies (and why does everyone on the show say "Red Sky" like it's a brand name anyway? Bugs me almost as much as everyone including the aliens themselves referring to them as "Vs!") that rain blood, and the next minute, Anna pops up on screen with, "Oh, it's a gift! Red Sky is a good thing!" and everyone immediately changes their tune, and cheers her on! I have a hard time buying that as even remotely realistic. This show just feels like a convoluted, 'make it up as we go' mess to me.

Qui-Long Gone
01-18-2011, 11:32 AM
^ RJ, I too LOVED the original. The "holocaust" metaphor was poingnant and at least gave the show some cultural context. The objective of the Vs was clear and clearly dangerous. The protagonists/resistance fighters were poorly organized, confused, and desperate = great drama. That series worked on many levels (but could have used a better budget when it moved from miniseries to series).

What's the "agenda" for this show? What is the metaphor? Modern sci-fy shows and films have to have one of three things to work: poingant cultural commentary, AMAZING writing, or really great action. Consider these examples:

1960s Star Trek was Cold War optimism = great writing, slow action, great commentary.

2000s Battle Star Galactica was post-911 religious terrorism = great writing, action, commentary.

80s V was facsism meets Reganomics = great writing, action, commentary.

Terminator (films 1-2, not TV series) was technolgical despotism = great action, ok writing, ok commentary.

Alien (films 1-2) was part Vietnam parable part sexual liberation run amuck (facehuggers, "exploding" chests, etc.) = great writing, action, commentary.

Firefly/Buffy (most things Joss W.) = great writing, ok commentary and action.

What is this V about? Can anyone tell me? I never feel any is in peril? I just wish the Vs would eat everyone and get over it.

RooJay
01-19-2011, 04:29 AM
Agreed. These Visitors (I refuse to refer to them as Vs. That would be like referring to myself as an N for native.) don't seem to have any menace to them at all. We know they're up to know good because the show keeps telling us this, but I just don't feel it in the slightest. The original series did a very good job of conveying an overwhelming sense of dread and menace behind the Visitors (to my recollection, the original never once referred to them as Vs either.) The new series seems to try very desperately to directly tell us through forced exposition the things that they don't seem to be very good at showing us through the characters and the narrative itself.

Qui-Long Gone
01-19-2011, 12:28 PM
The new series seems to try very desperately to directly tell us through forced exposition the things that they don't seem to be very good at showing us through the characters and the narrative itself.

That is exactly the formula that--according to Mr. Pinkley's scathing analysis--doomed the SW prequels. Forced exposition is no substitute for good narrative and showing.

At least when the writers of Lost got "lost" in their narrative, they were never afraid to "show" peril (unexpected deaths of main characters, menace, tables turned, etc.).

When in doubt, show the audience something.

OC47150
01-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Interesting ep. Gonna miss Malik.

I haven't read more into it, like others have. With today's TV audience, the writers have to spell stuff out, IMO.

I think this is the easiest acting jig Jane Badler's had in years.

OC47150
02-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Did anyone experience a frozen pix for the last half-hour?

JimJamBonds
02-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Nope I didn't.

OC47150
02-04-2011, 07:15 PM
It was a problem in my area. The station is going to reair the entire ep Sunday afternoon.

JimJamBonds
02-09-2011, 09:45 AM
I like the fact that the 'action' is starting to ramp up and get going, it seems as if there has been a ton of 'set up' and we are now getting to the point of the pay off.

One thing I saw last night that I didn't like/hope it doesn't happen is Agent Evens hooking back up with her ex. I hope the show doesn't end with them being a big happy family. I know it sounds bad but I hope that doesn't happen.

I'd been thinking that Lisa will kill/get rid of/something to Anna, so I do like the idea of Lisa and Dianna hooking up to overtake Anna. Who would be the Queen I wonder?

OC47150
02-09-2011, 06:50 PM
I like the fact that the 'action' is starting to ramp up and get going, it seems as if there has been a ton of 'set up' and we are now getting to the point of the pay off.

One thing I saw last night that I didn't like/hope it doesn't happen is Agent Evens hooking back up with her ex. I hope the show doesn't end with them being a big happy family. I know it sounds bad but I hope that doesn't happen.

I'd been thinking that Lisa will kill/get rid of/something to Anna, so I do like the idea of Lisa and Dianna hooking up to overtake Anna. Who would be the Queen I wonder?

I agree with the action. The buildup has been going on for a while now. Now it's time for payoff.

Anyone else notice that last week Jane Badler was referred to as Diana?

JimJamBonds
02-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Anyone else notice that last week Jane Badler was referred to as Diana?
Yup, she has been the whole time, well at least when Anna doesn't call her 'mother.'

OC47150
02-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Road trip!

Now we're getting the action we should've been getting all along!

Mad Slanted Powers
02-24-2011, 08:18 PM
There didn't seem to be that much more action than usual.

JimJamBonds
02-25-2011, 02:45 PM
No not really, hopefully with Erica in charge now SOMETHING will happen.

Also, I didn't care for the Erica/Hobbs 'moment.' It didn't seem real.

OC47150
03-02-2011, 09:54 AM
There's an interesting article in the new TV Guide about the season finale of V.

When Erica and Hobbs were getting busy at the end, I thought Ham Tyler would never get Juliet Parrish in the original!

JimJamBonds
03-02-2011, 06:28 PM
I'll follow up my post from 5 days ago by saying that I didn't care for Erica and Hobbs "gettin' it on." It just didn't seem....ehh I just didn't like it.

JimJamBonds
03-09-2011, 05:59 PM
So, V was cut down in episodes this season and it looks like it won't even be resolved THIS season. I really hope it comes back for a third season so we can see the end of this.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Looks like a lot going on in the next episode though.

OC47150
03-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Was that who I thought it was in next week's preview? Can't wait!!

JimJamBonds
03-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Who is that?

sith_killer_99
03-11-2011, 04:34 PM

Yep, the Beastmaster himself. Mark Singer, I wonder if he will go by Mike Donovan?

OC47150
03-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Yep, the Beastmaster himself. Mark Singer, I wonder if he will go by Mike Donovan?

Didn't he say his name was Lars in the preview?

I'm excited about this last ep.

sith_killer_99
03-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Didn't he say his name was Lars in the preview?

I'm excited about this last ep.

Hmm, yeah a little more research shows his charater will be named Lars Tremont.

JimJamBonds
03-16-2011, 11:40 AM
So Tyler and Jack are dead and I'd say so is the 5th column. Which I never got the feeling as a big group, instead I got the feeling it was just a handful of people. Looks like Chad Decker is going to get it as well. I guess the writers took their cue from Chuck in the sense that hey lets kill of The Ring and then we'll put in a new group.

OC47150
03-16-2011, 06:33 PM
So Tyler and Jack are dead and I'd say so is the 5th column. Which I never got the feeling as a big group, instead I got the feeling it was just a handful of people. Looks like Chad Decker is going to get it as well. I guess the writers took their cue from Chuck in the sense that hey lets kill of The Ring and then we'll put in a new group.

Don't forget Ryan and Diana.

I kept thinking, I hope Lisa wasn't Tyler's first. She's his last, too.

I think Jack is in more of a state of limbo/statis than dead.

And Hobbs is to the wind.

If the show is picked up for a third season, it's been set up well with some good possibilities.

JimJamBonds
03-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I just have the feeling that we can pretty much forget about the 5th column and the focus will be on the new group that Lars mentioned (I don't recall the name). At the start I figured Lisa would take over for her mom but then I though that Diana would take that gig but now its back to Lisa.

My bad on Jack, not sure why I said he is dead, you're right its more of a limbo state.

OC47150
03-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Project Aries, wasn't it?

Interesting twist with Evans' FBI cohorts already involved with the secret gov't project. For a second, I thought they were sleeper Visitors.

JimJamBonds
03-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Project Aries, wasn't it?Yup thats it.

Interesting twist with Evans' FBI cohorts already involved with the secret gov't project. For a second, I thought they were sleeper Visitors.Yeah, I thought they were just keeping an eye on her because something "didn't seem right", that said when they showed two people with their backs to her who didn't know it'd be those two?

sith_killer_99
03-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Well they certainly managed to end this on a down note. Tyler is dead, Ryan...who knows, the V's have managed to revive their dead before. Anna seems to be holding all the cards, though Project Aries may even things up, the whole "blissing" thing will certainly complicate things even for Project Aries.

JimJamBonds
04-17-2011, 02:47 PM
I was reading an article about which shows will be back next year and they had V on the chopping block.