PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Wave 9 listed at BBTS

Darth Duranium
05-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Welcome To Repack Country, just outside of Repaint City... I'm sorry to say I told me so.;) IMO, they've just shovelled out their cheapest tools.

Wave 9 is up for preorder at BBTS:

1x IG 2000
1x Virago
1x V-19 Torrent Starfighter
1x Z-95 Starfighter
1x Hound's Tooth
1x New Y-Wing (Clone Wars)
1x X-Wing Red IV
1x Sebulba's Pod Racer
1x Xanadu Blood
1x Hyena Bomber
1x Gold Squadron Y-Wing Gold V ?
1x Anakin's Pod Racer

Not sure whether the Virago, V-19, Z-95 or Y-Wings are straight repacks, but I'd be shocked if it was otherwise. It's possible the Virago will have a different paintjob as Hasbro said something about a "running change" to that one's paint.

I'd guess the Xanadu Blood is that messy P-38 repaint that we saw in the HK eBay pics. Can scarcely contain my excitement...:rolleyes:

Annoyingly, the Hyena Bomber is actually quite a bit smaller than the Vulture Droid. At least it's solid metal.

Darth Windu
05-21-2009, 03:24 AM
I share your enthusiasm for the P-38 repaint I...just can't contain myself... :rolleyes:

As for the Hyena I noticed that in a few pics I saw, but not bothered too much by it. Not sure if I'll get this one or not though, still undecided.

Blue2th
05-21-2009, 07:29 AM
I found the CW Y-Wing, Hound's Tooth, and Sebulba's Podracer yesterday at Target.
No sign of the Heyena Bomber, Anakin's Podracer or Xanadu Blood.
Is this a revised case, or were they supposed to be there and someone got them? :mad:

Darth Duranium
05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
The wave is not listed at BBTS as a wave revision, though I can clearly see why you might think that. It could well be. It's supposed to be released in June...

JediTricks
05-22-2009, 05:02 PM
The CollectionStation Q&A just came in, and it confirms that you are mistaken about what the Xanadu Blood is. The Xanadu Blood is Cad Bane's ship!

Nightside
05-22-2009, 05:16 PM
The CollectionStation Q&A just came in, and it confirms that you are mistaken about what the Xanadu Blood is. The Xanadu Blood is Cad Bane's ship!

Unless Hasbro lied in the Q&A about the number of new tools left for the year, Cad Bane's ship has to be a repaint of something.

Darth Duranium
05-22-2009, 07:17 PM
SSG: Last time we asked about Titanium Series capital ships, the 3 examples we used got blasted out of the sky. But there are popular capital ships, from the Acclamator (which you already said "no" about) to the Malevolence to the Rebel Medical Frigate to the Interdictor and more, which are deserving of Titanium Series releases, many of which are recognizable to a general audience and have no other toy outlets. With Titanium Series now facing a finite and already set-in-stone future, are there new capital ships planned for release in the line? If not, what was the thinking behind not choosing them?

Hasbro: It's not always a question of recognizability, but a question of what makes the best-looking vehicle. Not all vehicles are created equal, we track weekly sales of all different ships in the line to assess which types fans are selecting at retail. The capital ships, unfortunately, are not the most popular ships in the Titanium line which remain the more aggressive fighter-classes, droid ships, gunship, and the like.

CollectionStation.com: Although Titanium Series has done an ok job releasing vehicles from the Clone Wars, there's only been a loose smattering despite the series' meteoric rise in popularity. Still to be made from the Clone Wars includes the Tri-Droid, Pirate Tank, the Malevolence, the Trident, Pod Hunter/Separatist Boarding Ship, Escape Pod, Hyena Bomber Droid, Weequay pirate saucers, CK-6 Freeco swoop bike, as well as existing movie vehicles which are in the Clone Wars not yet done as Titaniums, like the STAP, Acclamator, Munificent-class Banking Clan Frigate, Padme's Naboo H-type Yacht, and LAAT/c carrier. So the Clone Wars is already a rich source of material that has only been somewhat mined in Titaniums. Are there any more Clone Wars vehicles due out before the line's end (besides the Y-wing which we already know about)? Why wasn't there a greater focus on Clone Wars vehicles in the line when it was becoming apparent the line was facing doom?

Hasbro: Since Titanium has very few kid purchasers and the vast majority are collectors, we chose to direct our tools to vehicles that we thought would provide more interesting diversity to the vehicle lineup, such as the Bounty Hunter ships this year. We only have so many slots for new tooling, and most of the vehicles that you bring up from Clone Wars are less interesting than the Republic Gunships, V-Wings, V-19 Starfighters, and others that we chose to repaint instead. Of the ones you specifically asked about from Clone Wars, we are doing the Malevolence and Hyena Bomber, and Cad Bane's ship the Xanadu Blood.

Less interesting? This collector begs to differ. And I guess Hasbro doesn't know how much TS Mon Calimari Cruisers sell for these days. Their answers make zero sense considering they've chosen to do really obscure Bounty Hunter ships like the monkey-dookie-brown Hound's Tooth.

Confirmed wrong? Harrrumph!:) JT, do you have a pic of Bane's Xanadu Blood? It's not in the CW episode, apparently. I haven't seen one so it makes sense to me that the P-38 repaint is Cad's bounty hunter version... unless Night's right about Hasbro lying about the new tools...

Should I bring up the Viper you thought would never hit shelves, JT?:D

Looks like we'll see a V-19 repaint, among the repacks. Probably non-battle-damaged paint, I'd guess.

JediTricks
05-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Unless Hasbro is talking about the airspeeder Bane uses on Coruscant, I don't think there's a visual representation of it yet, perhaps it's in a season 2 episode or something we haven't seen yet. It wouldn't make a lick of sense to claim it's the P38 repaint though, as Cad Bane has a large crew with him, plus he's ferrying Ziro the Hutt, none of which could fit in the 2-man fighter. I'd be shocked if that's their version of it.

Darth Duranium
05-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Prepare to be shocked, dude. Hasbro is just phoning it in these days...

Blue2th
05-22-2009, 08:55 PM
I saw the V-19 Torrent today and it looked like the first one. Still had the off white, red stripes with a yellow cockpit canopy. Though I should have looked closer to see if it was cleaner with less weathering.

The IG-2000 looked similar to the first one with metallic silver, but had two purple stripes on it's pinchers.

Darth Duranium
05-22-2009, 09:10 PM
I saw the V-19 Torrent today and it looked like the first one. Still had the off white, red stripes with a yellow cockpit canopy. Though I should have looked closer to see if it was cleaner with less weathering.

The IG-2000 looked similar to the first one with metallic silver, but had two purple stripes on it's pinchers.

The V-19 I saw on eBay was similar to the second "clean" V-19.

Thanks for the info re: IG-2000.

Blue2th
05-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Modification retraction to my description of the IG-2000 there.
The stripes are a dark blue, and they are located on the top of the two main sections of the fuselage.

Don't know how I got purple. Maybe the purple on the package. In a hurry.

figrin bran
05-23-2009, 10:15 PM
They're tracking weekly sales??? I find that a bit hard to believe.

Darth Duranium
05-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Modification retraction to my description of the IG-2000 there.
The stripes are a dark blue, and they are located on the top of the two main sections of the fuselage.

Do you mean next to the LFL stamps? Mine's got blue stripes there already.

Blue2th
05-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Straight repack then, unless it's got some or no weathering. I wasn't too exited by this one to begin with.

The Torrent I saw again while looking for the others was cleaner, but the colors were still all wrong. Wish they would have released this in a relatively clean white with a clear canopy, they could have kept the red on it.
Lost opportunity on this one to make it more authentic. So much for catering to us "collectors" as they said in the Q&A. :rolleyes:
Too bad.

JediTricks
05-24-2009, 06:18 PM
They're tracking weekly sales??? I find that a bit hard to believe.
Why so? They worked with the major retailers a few years ago to create those sales computer systems, it wouldn't be hard to gather this data that way.

Darth Duranium
06-05-2009, 04:51 PM

Hey JT... you're mistaken about me being mistaken. First, the Starbuck Viper and now the Xanadu Blood. Mistaken? Harrumph! Harrumph! DT- 2 JT- nil :D

Seriously though, Yoda's News got some pics of the new wave, reposted below:

That "Davish Krail Gold V" (erm, who?) Y-Wing repaint is so similar to the last one... and the first one. What, a different colour stripe? Whoop-de-frickin' doo.

BTW, the new V-19 Torrent from that wave is cleaner than the first one... less battle damage.

I still haven't got the new Hound's Tooth wave yet... has anyone outside of the US found it at an online retailer that'll ship international (cheaply) yet? Ebay's been sketchy so far... :mad:

LTBasker
06-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Ever since the IG-88/Virago wave dried up here, I haven't seen anything but Desert Skiffs. :\

cloneemperor
06-06-2009, 01:21 AM
As of today, I still haven't seen a single 2009 Hasbro Star Wars item yet this year, not even action figures. I remember last year there was a question posed in the Ask Hasbro on one of the sites about Canadian distribution and they replied that there wouldn't be any problems this year. Well, Lethbridge, Alberta has 2 WalMarts, a Zellers and a Toys R Us, and between the 4 stores, no 2009 Star Wars products in 6 bloody months. This is freaking ridiculous. I'm sick and tired of going to eBay just to find something that should be in my local stores. I can't even begin to describe how ****ed off I am at Hasbro.

Darth Duranium
06-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Cloneemp, I agree... Canadian distribution sucks.

As much as I'm thrilled that we don't have to experience the "Black Monday"/Thanksgiving orgy/melee that characterizes American-style capitalism, I sure wish we had the same distribution model. They really know how to move new product onto shelves quickly and cheaply in the US.

I regularly see new figs and 3-3/4" ships at WM, Zeller's, and TRU in the Toronto area... not sure why Alberta's so dry.

I just found the newest wave of Titaniums at the Silver Snail in T.O. this w/e, but they were US versions of the packaging so they must have snuck 'em (grey market) across the border. Annoyingly, they don't sell them on their website and there weren't many left. They wanted $10.99 CDN ($10 US) for them... eBay's cheaper for me.

I have not seen new Titaniums at Canadian WMs, Zellers, or TRUs in 2009.