PDA

View Full Version : The End of an Era...any official word?

Warstar
05-24-2009, 04:32 AM
What's the last wave? What's in it? EE is stopping at Wave 9 at the moment in June 2009- which is soon! Is that it?

I've been collecting the ships as I see them but my life and my goods are in a state of transition, so I have no organization of my ships at the moment (got lost around the The Clone Wars first release of ships last year). I do know what I have by memory though- just not what quantity. This is why the list has suffered since then- and there have been a myriad of package variations I've spotted and bought but have yet to organize for presentation.

(Check out the Tri-Lingual pack cardbacks I spotted on Ebay recently attached here :))

Thankfully, no one seems to be selling any particular ship for a large amount of money, which means I should be able to catch up and get duplicates of a few I know I have missed for openers.

Of course, what concerns me now are the fabled "Tail-Enders." Case in point: I have yet to see a Galactica Kara Thrace Viper Mark II (one to keep, one to open)- except on Ebay for $20 :upset: Any help finding 2 of these ships would be appreciated!

But back to the topic at hand-

How does the SW Titanium Line end? What do I order and when?

Cause, dang it, I didn't buy these ships for the last 5 years only to give up now!

I have to admit- I am morbidly happy the line is ending; Mostly due to how it was treated during the past year (repaints, Clone Wars crud, no shelf space and no...well..."Zazz.")

And really guys- I would bet we'll see "Special Commemorative Edition!" packs, along with Titanium mold ships showing up someplace in the future- you don't tool 100 ships and throw the molds to the wayside!

Maybe they'll come back again as most of them came back this time around- as store exclusives.

So, the line may be ending- but I am willing to bet it ain't over. ;)

Thanks in advance for any info :D

Warstar
05-24-2009, 05:02 AM
PS- I saw the final 9 tools post...

...but my question is, WHEN? June? October? December?

Quantities will be limited- I want to act now :p

Darth Duranium
05-24-2009, 05:52 AM
Hey, Warstar

What's the last wave? What's in it? EE is stopping at Wave 9 at the moment in June 2009- which is soon! Is that it?

We don't know what the last waves will look like beyond Wave 9 (or Wave 8 Revision 1). It's at BBTS but not at EE so far and it's got the "Xanadu Blood" and Hyena Bomber in it. If you've seen the "9 last tools" thread, you'll know what "new" tools are supposedly coming before the bitter end.

We don't know the details of which repacks and repaints are coming yet. Or even exactly how many waves are coming up...

(Check out the Tri-Lingual pack cardbacks I spotted on Ebay recently attached here :))

Positive that that's the Canadian Bi-lingual version... English/French.

How does the SW Titanium Line end? What do I order and when?

The last waves are supposed to be on shelves by November. You may want to avoid buying entire waves online due to the utterly insane number of repacks. Not sure where you should buy them in the US.

...you don't tool 100 ships and throw the molds to the wayside!

Only a few Action Fleet tools were recycled but the MicroMachines never came back at all, I'm sorry to remind you. I hope you're right about the TS returning... but I'd hate to start at the beginning again.

BTW, are you going to update your variant list? It's been a while.:) I can cover you, if you're too busy. Let me know.

Sadly, the Starbuck Viper was heavily scalped from the get-go, so I'd imagine it'll be quite hard to find cheaply. I'll keep an eye open for you, just in case.

Darth Windu
05-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Actually Micro Machines did re-appear...but only as a pack-in with the Jorg Sacul figure (which I thought was a bloody good idea, apparently Hasbro didn't).

As for TS they won't discard the molds, we can only hope they'll reappear at some point. Hey maybe we could ask them if they'd do an action fleet re-release, such as say the AT-TE, Republic Gunship, Acclamator with red markings as a Clone Wars promotion?

Darth Duranium
05-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Actually Micro Machines did re-appear...but only as a pack-in with the Jorg Sacul figure (which I thought was a bloody good idea, apparently Hasbro didn't).

I didn't know that...which MM ships were re-released?

cloneemperor
05-25-2009, 01:05 AM
The Jorg Sacul figure had an X-wing Micro Machine packed in with it.

Darth Windu
05-25-2009, 03:13 AM
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagac2sacul.asp

Darth Duranium
05-25-2009, 03:11 PM
I guess that that's the exception to the rule.:pleased:

LTBasker
05-25-2009, 09:31 PM
I dunno, it looks so awful that I think they may have cast it from a production version. May as well be a bootleg in that case. :p

cloneemperor
05-26-2009, 01:13 AM
The X-wing I got in my Sacul set didn't look near that bad

Warstar
06-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I noticed- those are Bi-Lingual. My powers are getting weak- I am an old man! :p

Either way, different than the US stuff.

I found a Hound's Tooth, Sebulba's Pod Racer and Clone Wars Y-Wing (along with Red 4 and a V-Wing in the new packaging) yesterday- the first new tools I have bought in a quite a while. An IG-2000, Virago, Jedi Starfighter (CW) etc. I left on the shelves.

Yet ANOTHER packaging variant though (black sticker name, thin white lined "Star Wars")

So how many does that make- let's see- doing this from memory (help me out if I miss one):

1. Wal-Mart Exclusive Version (Silver Star Wars logo up top- Titanium Series Sticker on bottom)

2. Mass Retail Version 1 (Titanium Series sticker up top- Star Wars at bottom- some had foil stickers for "Limited Edition" ships. Have pics from 11/07 of these still :p)

3. Legacy Collection "Day 1" Release (Version 1) (Silver Label, Blue Star Wars lettering up top- Titanium Series sticker bottom- all the Clones Wars stuff last summer)

4. Legacy Collection 2 (Black Label, Blue Star Wars lettering up top- Titanium Series sticker bottom)

5. Legacy Collection 3 (Molded-plastic bubble with Star Wars logo fitted into mold with blue letters and white background ala Clone Wars up top- Titanium Series Sticker bottom)

6. Legacy Collection 4 (Black square label with Star Wars logo in thin white-line lettering up top- Titanium Series sticker on the bottom)

...that's 6 package styles I can think of off the top of my head.

...no wonder the line is ending- Hasbro spent all their money on trying to make the packages look good :pleased:

Anyway, Darth, please update- I recently dug out about 60% of my purchases over the past 10 months in my garage and am going to sort through them to see what I still need and what I am missing very soon. It would take a while to compile a list of waves because, beyond what I had already put up, I got lost. The "lost" wave messed me up too (last year's 2008 Wave 4 that we never will see)

So, let's see what you can do :)

Jangu Fett
06-03-2009, 06:38 PM
What's going on??? SW Titaniums are dead after 2009, but Hasbro is continuing Transformer Movie Titaniums. And releasing 2 packs for Revenge of the Fallen, as TRU Exclusives. Something isn't right with that.

Darth Duranium
06-03-2009, 06:45 PM
...no wonder the line is ending- Hasbro spent all their money on trying to make the packages look good :pleased:

Anyway, Darth, please update- I recently dug out about 60% of my purchases over the past 10 months in my garage and am going to sort through them to see what I still need and what I am missing very soon. It would take a while to compile a list of waves because, beyond what I had already put up, I got lost. The "lost" wave messed me up too (last year's 2008 Wave 4 that we never will see)

So, let's see what you can do :)

I think you're right... if Hasbro had spent less cash on the packaging they might have kept the price point down. I always feel guilty about the insane amount of packaging around each 3" ship... so wasteful... at least it's all recycleable where I live.

Okey dokey... I'll get on the list. I'm gonna roll the KBs (another packaging variant!) into it, too.

Steve and JT have asked to use the soon-to-be updated variant list at the CollectionStation site which is fine by me. Is that ok with you, Warstar?

What's going on??? SW Titaniums are dead after 2009, but Hasbro is continuing Transformer Movie Titaniums. And releasing 2 packs for Revenge of the Fallen, as TRU Exclusives. Something isn't right with that.

It seems that Hasbro haven't learned their lesson about the other TS franchises beyond SW and BSG.

And you're right Jangu, it ain't right!

Warstar
06-06-2009, 02:30 AM
Yep- I got asked as well. It's ok by me- 1/2 the list it feels like will be yours now anyway :p

Now PICS of it all...well...

I still have the old ones I took back in 11/07, long long ago- I miss my wall (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36530) :(

I would put the KB packages in as prototypes if I were you- none of the 2 packs like that were ever released- and believe me, I looked for them!

...wouldn't surprise me if they showed up NOW with modern re-packs though, since the line is doomed.

The new ships you have pics of look cool, btw. Too bad the line is dead.

One of these days I will have to get all my loose ships and photograph them for Collection Station. That would rock!

cloneemperor
06-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm currently trying to collect all of the titanium releases for my own collection and I'm archiving pictures of them all on my website, here (http://www.miniempire.ca/index.php?page=titan&cat=main). I'm using this list as my checklist for what I still need, which reminds me of a few questions I have. As I have never seen anything past Legacy Wave 5 here, can anyone verify for me if the Cloud Car and AT-TE in Legacy Wave 6 are indeed repaints or if they are just re-packs? The same goes for the Rogue Squadron TIE Fighter and Anakin's Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter in Legacy Wave 7 and Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter in Legacy Wave 8. I can't seem to find detailed pictures of any of these on the internet to verify for myself, and sadly I've never seen them in person either. Thanks for any help.

RJarvis
06-06-2009, 10:25 PM
[quote=cloneemperor;681307The same goes for the Rogue Squadron TIE Fighter and Anakin's Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter in Legacy Wave 7 and Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter in Legacy Wave 8. I can't seem to find detailed pictures of any of these on the internet to verify for myself, and sadly I've never seen them in person either. Thanks for any help.[/quote]

heya...can't speak for much of the above, but i did notice that the most recent release of the green jedi starfighter has a black canopy...which, i THINK brings the variant total on that to 3 (white, blue and black canopies)

but that's from my weary and failing memory, so anyone who knows better, feel free to correct me...

Ross

Darth Duranium
06-08-2009, 04:42 PM
heya...can't speak for much of the above, but i did notice that the most recent release of the green jedi starfighter has a black canopy...which, i THINK brings the variant total on that to 3 (white, blue and black canopies)

but that's from my weary and failing memory, so anyone who knows better, feel free to correct me...

Ross

Good eye, Ross. Yep, the canopy is different from the other 2 green JSFs... but I'm still gonna pass on it. The canopy colour is the only difference between the 2 green "Jedi Starfighter" repaints.

Cloneemp, the Cloud Car is a repack, though some have claimed the battle damage is a little different. I don't agree and think it's a factory variation.

The Anakin JSF and the Rogue TIE are repacks. The 2nd red AT-TE release in 2008 has a brown gun, where the first 2008 one has a gold one. It is a variant, though.

Warstar, the KBs were actually released... someone posted pics and receipts over at RS. So I'll add them in as repacks.

I'm working on the Variant List update.... should be done soon.

Whirlygig
06-22-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm both sad and relieved to hear that the line is going on "hiatus"... I never expected the line to thrive like this and when I first decided to be a completist I thought it would be much more manageable. Now that the ships have become harder and harder to find in the wild, to the point where it's too expensive/time-consuming/impossible to go hunting at all, I have resigned to just buying them mindlessly from BBTS. It has even been becoming more difficult to get them there; I've had to order a couple entire waves full of mostly repacks just to get one or two new ones that were sold out as singles. Sad to say, I've never even been that excited by ships originating from the prequel universe; I started out only planning to collect original trilogy molds but then my collector fever took over.

JediTricks
06-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Clone Wars Y-wing, I fear, is going to end up being another Trade Federation Landing Craft situation for me. I can find the Hound's Tooth fine, but the Y-wing continues to elude me, and eventually it'll just stop shipping altogether and the line will be gone. So annoying.

Warstar
07-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Warstar, the KBs were actually released... someone posted pics and receipts over at RS. So I'll add them in as repacks.

I'm working on the Variant List update.... should be done soon.

The KB's exist? No kidding?

I scoured Ebay for MONTHS looking for those...this guy interested in selling them? :rambo:

Snagged the 4 new ones from the latest wave 3 days ago- the new Y-Wing, Magnaguard Fighter, etc.

I see that's the last wave posted on Entertainment Earth...

Still need to know how this line is actually going to end.

Darth Duranium
07-07-2009, 12:25 PM
The KB's exist? No kidding?

I scoured Ebay for MONTHS looking for those...this guy interested in selling them? :rambo:

Still need to know how this line is actually going to end.

No kidding... you still don't believe me so here's the link::D

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Titanium_Series_2Packs_Found_104703.asp

A few other folks at RS confirmed buying them, too.

I think I've seen a few on eBay but I'm not 100% certain... I doubt that collectors would sell 'em now but maybe you'll get lucky and score 'em...

We still have no clue as to which ships will be released before the end... there's no advance wave info beyond the Hyena Bomber wave, except for the SSG Q&A upcoming ship info. There's a clear-canopied V-19 expected, too.

It would not surprise me one bit if some (or all) of the announced ships "don't make the cut" and get cancelled.:upset:

Blue2th
07-07-2009, 12:40 PM
They promised the Malevolence and the Medical Frigate right?

Got to get some capital ships before the end pleeze.

Darth Duranium
07-07-2009, 04:34 PM
They promised the Malevolence and the Medical Frigate right?

Got to get some capital ships before the end pleeze.

Yep... but you know they're most likely to can capital ships rather than fighters, considering that they've told us that cap ships don't sell too well.

I sure hope not but the lack of info doesn't bode well... doubtful we'll see any ships at SDCC.