PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk helicopter airlifting (or delivering) something to Sears across the street

Tycho
05-27-2009, 11:02 AM
I was awoken this morning to my windows rattling as a Blackhawk chopper hovered outside my place, approaching the Sears Essentials across the street.

I thought it was a police manhunt initially. I finally got out of bed (I'd been considering going to Target on the hunt as it was not yet 8 am and I could have made it) but I decided to go out on my balcony for a look.

I saw an orange and white helicopter with Blackhawk written on it (definitely non-military, non-emergency as well) with a huge crate attached to a line beneath it.

I didn't watch long enough to see if it was loading or unloading. I like helicopters, but living near several major military bases, I see them all the time.

In either case, I decided that Sears is now going to be carrying elephants for sale, and they were receiving their first delivery, and that must have been what all the fuss was over.

So if you personally ever find yourself in need of a live elephant, I recommend heading over to your local Sears and checking their selection.

bobafrett
05-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Josh, call your doctor, and have him dial down your meds, as you are having a halucination me thinks.

mtriv73
05-27-2009, 12:24 PM
If it ends up being giraffes instead of elephants send me a PM. I've always wanted a giraffe.

Slicker
05-27-2009, 01:33 PM
White and orange could've been Coast Guard. I don't know why they would be delivering something to Sears though. It was most likely an air conditioning unit though...or elephants...

JediTricks
05-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Probably an AC unit, when they were building the new Wal-mart out in Glendale, AZ, back in '94, I remember a few large helicopters delivering the massive ACs to the building super loud in the morning while I was going to work.

LTBasker
05-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Well that's considerate of them. Around here they just toss it on a truck and don't care if they have to hold up traffic as they crawl along at 2mph under every single bridge.

JediTricks
05-27-2009, 03:36 PM
The cost of a slow truck moving giant industrial equipment AND bringing in more cranes to get it in place can be more expensive and certainly more time-consuming than a chopper.

Ji'dai
05-27-2009, 03:51 PM
You guys are all wrong. Sulu was piloting that chopper and that crate Tycho saw had transparent aluminum panels in it. I bet a cloaked Bird of Prey was parked in the Sears parking lot and no one was the wiser. I mean, who goes to Sears anyway?

JediTricks
05-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Tycho doesn't live in 1980s San Francisco.

LTBasker
05-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Tycho doesn't live in 1980s San Francisco.

It's the side-effect of Abrams' changes with the timeline/reality stuff. ;)

JediTricks
05-28-2009, 12:08 AM
The Kelvin proves that it's an entirely different universe start to finish.

LTBasker
05-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Indeed - which is why their time travel wouldn't involve the 80's. Through events similar to "The Voyage Home," they attempt time travel to pick up some obviously awesome animal that can only be found in Cali at the moment, and thanks to a mixture of the large hadron collider and North Korea's underground nuke, they got pulled into 2009.

JediTricks
05-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Indeed - which is why their time travel wouldn't involve the 80's. Through events similar to "The Voyage Home," they attempt time travel to pick up some obviously awesome animal that can only be found in Cali at the moment, and thanks to a mixture of the large hadron collider and North Korea's underground nuke, they got pulled into 2009.
Riiiiight. You trying to make Tycho look normal with that one? ;)

LTBasker
05-28-2009, 04:52 PM
I admit I did a bit of Mouse Droid back in the POTJ days... I was young and naive, and it was like a celebratory reward if you found R4-M9.

Tycho
05-28-2009, 11:22 PM
I admit I did a bit of Mouse Droid back in the POTJ days... I was young and naive, and it was like a celebratory reward if you found R4-M9.

That'a'boy!!! Congratulations. You've taken the first step towards a stranger world.

LTBasker
05-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Stepping into a stranger world is putting it quite mildly, as I've found it more akin to plummeting into an abyss full of a violent flurry of insanity that no pre-existing perception could hope to comprehend, and could only be intrepreted vicariously through the reactions of unsuspecting bystanders in their plethorical collection of personal realities.

Either way, though, it can be an entertaining jaunt with a sniff of the Droid. :D

Tycho
05-29-2009, 11:36 AM
I think I'd recommend Cade Skywalker from the comic two-pack because of the material Hasbro used for his cape.

Hmmmm. Sniffing new figures. Mmmmm. Gooooood.

pbarnard
05-29-2009, 02:27 PM
That's my problem...I'm grinding them up and shooting them into my veins. Large bore needles rock!

JimJamBonds
05-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Usually these threads start with something along the lines of "I had a dream where...." :)

Tycho
05-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah, well I haven't been remembering any great dreams as of lately.

Also, when I was in poorer health, all I did was sleep a lot. Now I'm out and about and I have so much more energy. I'm DOING more and spending less time dreaming. I think that's a very good thing actually.

But the helicopter was not a dream. But I'll post 'em if I have any new and good ones. :D