PDA

View Full Version : Got my Han in Carbonite

Bosskman
05-27-2009, 06:15 PM
It's pretty sweet. The carbonite block is a lot smallerthan the Hasbro one but it's to scale. It fits on to the base's back wall via a peg in the back. It just sorta hangs there. Looks real good with the rest of the Jabba stuff.

JediTricks
05-28-2009, 04:20 PM
How's the weight of the block itself? I figured their crazy magnet system meant it had to be lightweight, but I am hoping it's heavy polystone. I'm considering using whatever gift card SSC gives out at Comic-Con to get one.

Bosskman
05-28-2009, 07:32 PM
The block is solid polystone. It has a hole in the back (the back is felted by the way) that slides into a peg on the base's back wall. The block sorta hangs there on the peg at an angle. As far as magnets go, there are none. It would have to be some serious magnet to hold that up the way it is.

AmanaMatt
05-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Ah, this is a piece I had to cancel - it looks fantastic, but couldnt justify a $200 'set piece' ultimately

Congrats to those that get it. Does truly compliment the Jabba/throne set nicely

Bosskman
05-30-2009, 04:08 PM
I wish I had a way to take pics and post them. Alas, I spend my money on SW and MOTU and not on digital cameras......

JediTricks
06-16-2009, 08:03 PM
The block is solid polystone. It has a hole in the back (the back is felted by the way) that slides into a peg on the base's back wall. The block sorta hangs there on the peg at an angle. As far as magnets go, there are none. It would have to be some serious magnet to hold that up the way it is.
Cool about it being polystone!

The peg is supposedly part of the magnet system, it's supposed to be implemented there so it doesn't slide off the peg. I only have Sideshow's word to go on though.

jedibear
07-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Ah, this is a piece I had to cancel - it looks fantastic, but couldnt justify a $200 'set piece' ultimately

Congrats to those that get it. Does truly compliment the Jabba/throne set nicely

That was where I ended up....looks great but...couldn't shell out that much for a set piece. Maybe someday...

Hope someone who picks it up posts some shots of it though...

jonthejedi
07-12-2009, 06:11 AM
Ditto that. I had on preorder, but had to cancel. A little too pricey right now, with Vader on the way & the sandtrooper around the corner.