PDA

View Full Version : Taken

Tycho
05-28-2009, 12:49 AM
This is a must-see thrill ride starring Liam Neeson!!!

I mean MUST-SEE!!!

Dang he kicks butt! When his daughter is kidnapped in Paris to be sold into sex slavery, the former CIA operative bursts into action and leaves a pile of bodies behind him! There are torture scenes to make Jack Bauer proud.

Worst thing is that this is what probably happened to Natalie Halloway - the girl who disappeared from Arruba in 2005. This is a movie that pleads for justice for her as well.

JetsAndHeels
05-28-2009, 09:41 AM
It is a very good movie. Plenty of action and suspense throughout.

It is definately a must-see for anyone who enjoys the action/suspense genre.

Liam Neeson is a very top notch actor. He was perfect for that role.

Blue2th
05-28-2009, 10:58 AM
After seeing a documentary on Frontline about how beautiful poor Russian girls are tricked into taking jobs far away from their hometowns are shipped off to Turkey, sold to ruthless pimp slavers. It made my blood boil.

This movie had more meaning to me because this sort of thing is going on quite a bit. I was rooting for Liam when he showed no mercy.

Qui-Long Gone
05-28-2009, 01:21 PM
After seeing a documentary on Frontline about how beautiful poor Russian girls are tricked into taking jobs far away from their hometowns are shipped off to Turkey, sold to ruthless pimp slavers. It made my blood boil.

This movie had more meaning to me because this sort of thing is going on quite a bit. I was rooting for Liam when he showed no mercy.

It's amazing that slave trafficking (women and children) hasn't made more waves in an increasingly global society saturated with feminism, human rights advocacy, and global poverty....just goes to show that, contrary to some soft thinking, sometimes a bullet to the head is the best solution (and justice) for humanity’s cockroaches! :(

preacher
05-28-2009, 11:25 PM
This movie had me my blood boiling. Great show. But I don't think I could ever watch it again. I kept seeing my daughters faces in the slave houses and it just made me want to kick a kitten.

It touched home. Especially since, my seventeen year old got charmed by some sex predator online. She was planning to go to Chicago with one her friends to meet some guy. The idiot made the mistake of calling the house and after I was through with him he lawyered up.

You just can't be too careful.

El Chuxter
05-28-2009, 11:36 PM
I was kidnapped once. Liam Neeson didn't save me. I refuse to see this movie until he apologizes.

Tycho
05-29-2009, 11:31 AM
This movie had me my blood boiling. Great show. But I don't think I could ever watch it again. I kept seeing my daughters faces in the slave houses and it just made me want to kick a kitten.

It touched home. Especially since, my seventeen year old got charmed by some sex predator online. She was planning to go to Chicago with one her friends to meet some guy. The idiot made the mistake of calling the house and after I was through with him he lawyered up.

You just can't be too careful.

Good for you for being a good parent!

Unfortunately for you, your daughter will be 18 before you can blink and then she can do what she wants.

Fortunately for you, you can still parent her and check out her prospective suitors well into her adulthood and her 2nd and 3rd husbands.

Fortunately for the rest of us (who could use help charming women all the time) - maybe you can post the chat transcript here on SSG so the rest of us might use whatever worked and try it with girls of legal age on eHarmony or Match.com for example?

"I collect thousands of little plastic Star Wars toys" doesn't seem to be a working snag-line for me, so I don't have any proof that telling the truth works.

Since then, I've become the CEO of international environmentally progressive solar power conversion companies. I'm currently the first person who thought of putting a patent on the sun. No one else has bought it, so I figure upon charging everyone for using my daylight :thumbsup: How about I put that up on eHarmony.com ? :D

preacher
06-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Good for you for being a good parent!

Unfortunately for you, your daughter will be 18 before you can blink and then she can do what she wants.

At that point she is an adult responsible for her own decisions. I don't have to buy her anything at that point. Food, Clothing, Shelter. Nada. Much less support her bizarre internet behavior. And In the interim she has lost all internet privileges. She abused it and lost it. Now she has to walk six blocks to the local public library to use a computer for homework. And I've told her if she pulls the same crap on the library computers I'll give her to the army. She knows that I don't bluff.