PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 3!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Couldn't find a thread on it, but the teaser trailer is up!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55894

I'm SO. EXCITED. about this flick! :thumbsup:

bobafrett
05-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Awesome, I own Toy Story I & II on DVD, this will make a nice addition I am sure!

Beast
05-30-2009, 10:32 PM
There's an Easter Egg in Up for Toy Story 3. I think you can see it in one of the trailers also.

When the house lifts off, there's a shot from inside one of the neighboring houses of a little African-American girl and a teddy bear featured infront of the window looking out. It's clearly what used to be Andy's room.

Which continues the Easter Eggs in previous films. See below.

Qui-Long Gone
05-31-2009, 05:03 PM
TS3 will be awesome...of course, isn't that generally true of every Pixar?

I'm sad Jim won't be voicing Slinky, but the trailer makes it look like the slinky dog is back...

I read that this will be set with Andy in college....wonder if that's true?

figrin bran
05-31-2009, 11:46 PM
There are actually 2 TS Easter Eggs in the attachment that Beast posted. See that ball with a star on it? Look familiar to you?

RooJay
06-05-2009, 03:07 AM
That'd actually be Luxo's ball (which does appear in most of Pixar's films, if not all.) While not actually any kind of Toy Story shout out, the ball is actually a reference to Pixar's mascot, the desk lamp, Luxo who was first introduced in the short Luxo Jr. predating the first Toy Stoy movie. The ball features heavily in that short.

Here's an old pic of me from another thread being attacked by a giant Luxo while trying to steal his ball!:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2009, 10:40 AM
There's an Easter Egg in Up for Toy Story 3. I think you can see it in one of the trailers also.

When the house lifts off, there's a shot from inside one of the neighboring houses of a little African-American girl and a teddy bear featured infront of the window looking out. It's clearly what used to be Andy's room.

Which continues the Easter Eggs in previous films. See below.

Yeah, that doesn't look like Andy's room to me good sir.

There are actually 2 TS Easter Eggs in the attachment that Beast posted. See that ball with a star on it? Look familiar to you?

That'd actually be Luxo's ball (which does appear in most of Pixar's films, if not all.) While not actually any kind of Toy Story shout out, the ball is actually a reference to Pixar's mascot, the desk lamp, Luxo who was first introduced in the short Luxo Jr. predating the first Toy Stoy movie. The ball features heavily in that short.

I noticed that too!! Yay for geeky easter eggs!! :crazed:

Also, I do hope that Laurie Metcalf reprises her role as Andy's mother in this film. She only had a handful of lines, but I always thought she had a very motherly voice and a great choice for the mother role.

RooJay
06-06-2009, 03:09 AM

Actually, Andy's room is still located at Andy's mother's house.;)

DarthQuack
06-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Saw the trailer for this yesterday when I saw Up in 3D. I really can't wait for this, and if they do it right it could shatter some box office records.

Jedireviewer
07-15-2009, 01:50 PM
I hear that andy goes to college and leaves his toys at a day care centre !

RooJay
07-16-2009, 01:48 AM
Would Andy really do that to his toys?! I wonder...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-05-2009, 08:28 PM
I hear that andy goes to college and leaves his toys at a day care centre !

I caught TOY STORY 1-2 in 3D today (which was AMAZING, minus some obnoxious effin' kid who wanted to quote the entire first film), and before the flick they had a preview of TS3 and this looks to be the case with Andy. I'm definitely excited about this flick! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
10-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Hopefully this works....

http://media.digisynd.com/AQAAANo4hVweXqV9Nk0MaKJvwqYn1xNn_____4XvERBjqGJFhc clYXKq5CA9cLTB/play;frame=AQAAAP_77S2Z1ChOhmlR8MP71JYn1xNn_____5j YmZGVvqkiUZKC0W8BdeyvJ5JK/

Looks like another winner, and the human characters look AMAZING!

DarkArtist
10-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Huge fan of TS I & II and can't wait to see TS III. was hoping to catch the 3D viewings of the first two but just didn't have the time available. oh well. :cry:

Rocketboy
10-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Huge fan of TS I & II and can't wait to see TS III. was hoping to catch the 3D viewings of the first two but just didn't have the time available. oh well. :cry:There's still time - it's been extended.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Well, it looks like this will be a dud. ;)

figrin bran
06-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Roojay, you guys really outdid yourselves with this one!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find you in the end credits. About 1/3 of the credits had already passed when I remembered to look so either I missed it or was not thorough enough.

Anyhow, I loved the mushroom cloud of monkeys, I loved the scene where Chatter Telephone explains to Woody how to escape, I loved Chuckles' narration of Lotso's backstory, I loved the "prison breakout" scene.

I didn't get a good look at that one toy that tried to climb the Sunnyside walls with a grappling hook but that was pretty awesome!

DarthQuack
06-21-2010, 10:13 PM
I thought this was an excellent film....definitely want to see it again in the theater. :)

Maerj2000
06-21-2010, 10:15 PM
After watching Toy Story 3 on Sat, I said to my wife that sometimes you don't realise that a movie needs a sequel until you've seen it. It was the perfect ending to the overall story. I think that they should stop with this one. Toy Story shorts would be okay but I think that there should be no more features with these characters. It would be impossible to top whats already been done.

The short, Day and night, is really good as well. Very funny and very clever. This movie is a must see.

RooJay
06-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Roojay, you guys really outdid yourselves with this one!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find you in the end credits. About 1/3 of the credits had already passed when I remembered to look so either I missed it or was not thorough enough.

Thanks! I wish I could say I hand in this creatively, but I'm just a support guy. I'm also a huge fan, though, and I have to say I think that even my expectations were met and exceeded with this one!

For the record, you can find me in the middle of the screen, under "Desktop and Infrastructure" - Rudy Jason Vucelich - got to be one of the longest names up there, and directly under what might look to be the name of a robot (he's an actual dude, though.)

DarkArtist
06-23-2010, 09:24 AM
saw this last night in 3D and cried my eyes out at the end...such a great movie but a truly sad ending (however they did leave the ending open for an possible Toy Story 4 and so on....)

loved some of the new characters however the giant baby and the clown gave me the creeps...those are 2 characters I could have lived without.

all in all I'd give it A.

figrin bran
06-23-2010, 12:07 PM
I think pretty much all of us can relate to having to bid farewell to childhood toys.

Sometimes I wonder if all my vintage SW figures had not been given away, whether I would have collected POTF2 or not. I probably would have anyhow.

Lord Malakite
06-24-2010, 08:10 AM
I think pretty much all of us can relate to having to bid farewell to childhood toys.
Not all of us...I still have all of mine. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
06-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Well, it looks like this will be a dud. ;)Who said that? Was he just trying to bump an older thread, and not being serious at all?

This was the best of the TS series to me, by far. The 3-D made the humans seem more realistic, and very little 3-D gratuitous images. Some scary times (for a child under age 6, maybe) towards the end. I didn't even realize I was crying at the end until I noticed drops on my shirt; :cry: darn you, animated movies, making me get emotionally attached! :rolleyes:

Best parts (SPOILERS)?

- the tortilla
- "el Buzz-o"
- Baby as Vader and Lotso as Palpatine ROJ scene
- Mrs. Potatohead as a Clash of the Titans Stygian Witch (the eye)

And I should update my list (LISTS... :drool: ) of Pixars:

BEL-CAM'S TOP TEN PIXAR MOVIES HE'S SEEN:
10. A Bug's Life
9. Monster's Inc.
8. Toy Story
7. Finding Nemo
6. Toy Story 2
5. Cars
4. Incredibles
3. Toy Story 3
2. Up
1. Wall-E

Rocketboy
06-28-2010, 02:20 PM
The 3-D made the humans seem more realistic, and very little 3-D gratuitous imagesSeriously? I thought the 3D was terrible. Not terrible as in bad, but terrible as in poorly used. I forgot it was 3D most of the time because it looked 2D. There were only a few times when the 3D was used well and worked well.
Up utilized 3D far, far better.

The 3D issues aside, I really liked the movie, but I expected a little something more based on all the glorious reviews. A great and fitting end to the trilogy.

I'm glad Pixar will be shifting their efforts to Toy Story shorts before other Pixar films rather Toy Story 4. There is no need for another film.

figrin bran
06-28-2010, 11:02 PM
BCJ's top 3 list is similar to mine but with a different ranking order

1. Wall-E
2. Toy Story 3
3. Up

I think Toy Story would be my #4

RooJay
07-01-2010, 05:39 AM
I'm glad Pixar will be shifting their efforts to Toy Story shorts before other Pixar films rather Toy Story 4. There is no need for another film.

Come again now?

Rocketboy
07-01-2010, 07:28 AM
Come again now?

Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrich revealed on MSN (http://movies.msn.com/the-rundown/toy-story-4/story_2/) (and later confirmed on Twitter (http://twitter.com/leeunkrich/status/16432631678)) that Toy Story 3 is not the last time we’ll see Buzz and Woody — and he’s not talking about the costumed characters at the Disney theme parks. Don’t worry Pixar fans, Disney is not pushing out another sequel — Toy Storyhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/18/another-toy-story-film-in-june-2011/#) 3 ends with a perfect conclusion to the trilogy, and I don’t expect to see another feature film any time soon (I’d say “ever,” but this is Disney…). But that doesn’t mean that Disney won’t release more adventures of Andy’s toys on the big screen in short film form…

Here is what Unrich told James Rocchi:

“Well, I really tried my best to end the story of Andy and his toys and bring that story to a close in a really nice way at the end of this film. That being said, we know that people love the characters, love Woody and Buzz, and would hate to say good-bye to them completely. I don’t know that there would ever be a ‘[Toy Story] 4.’ We don’t have any plans for one — but we are trying to find ways to keep the characters alive. We have announced we’re going to do a short film in front of ‘Cars 2′ that uses the ‘Toy Story’ characters. We’re going to keep them alive; they’re not going away forever.”
So there you have it, we will see the toys again on the big screen on June 24th 2011, in a short film which will play infront of Cars 2. When it was announced (http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/20/pixar-canada-officially-opens/) that Disney would open a second Pixar Animation Studio in Canada, it was revealed that the studio would produce computer animated short films, which usually run anywhere from three to six minutes in length, take 6 to 8 months to produce. Nothing has been announced, but I assume that the short is being created at this new Pixar campus.
I wonder what this means about future Pixar original animated short films. Will the Toy Story short be the only short film attached to the Cars sequel?

Source: slashfilm.com (http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/18/another-toy-story-film-in-june-2011/)

RooJay
07-02-2010, 03:10 AM
I suppose that's what happens when you're on vacation when a company meeting comes around!

figrin bran
07-04-2010, 02:20 AM
I saw this for a third time today and finally found Roojay in the credits.

On a random note, I had forgotten that Jodi Benson (Barbie in this film) was Aquagirl on Batman Beyond.

figrin bran
07-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Here are some Toy Story 3 concept drawings that I found

http://n8wragg.blogspot.com/2010/06/toy-story-3.html

Bel-Cam Jos
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
I saw this for a third time today and finally found Roojay in the credits.

On a random note, I had forgotten that Jodi Benson (Barbie in this film) was Aquagirl on Batman Beyond.I think I missed some of the pictures while looking for people during the credits, but I also saw [insert actual name here]'s name. :D

And interesting that the group AQUA sang "BARBIE GIRL." :rolleyes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Saw this yesterday with the wife in 3-D and we loved it. We were both really teary eyed during the scene with the incinerator; just insane watching it. We LOVED the beginning sequence and how it mirrored in parts the very first scene of the first film and words cannot express how hard I laughed when Hamm was playing the harmonica. Oh man. hilarious. I love Ratzenberger and Hamm kills me.

And I also liked the cameo from Sid! Glad to see he has a job at least! Great film!

Also, the wife and I were talking about how EFFIN' AMAZINGLY AWESOME it would be if "Finding Nemo" was somehow re-released in 3-D. Make some calls, Roojay! :crazed:

El Chuxter
07-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Saw it in 2D (I'm too cheap to pay extra for something I can't appreciate due to the still unsolved problems of coordinating 3D glasses with regular glasses) today.

If nothing else, the (sort of) re-enactment of the opening bit from Toy Story was worth the price of admission. Enjoyed seeing that, while Andy's off to college, Sid remained a loser, too.

Best of all, more Totoro than any film aside from My Neighbor Totoro.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Saw it in 2D (I'm too cheap to pay extra for something I can't appreciate due to the still unsolved problems of coordinating 3D glasses with regular glasses) today.
Not to sidetrack the thread too much, but what are your issues? I recently found out I need glasses for a few things, and I thought it should be able to help resolve my issues seeing 3D. Is it just with fitting two pairs of glasses on your head at once?

RooJay
07-10-2010, 04:23 AM
Also, the wife and I were talking about how EFFIN' AMAZINGLY AWESOME it would be if "Finding Nemo" was somehow re-released in 3-D. Make some calls, Roojay! :crazed:

That would be pretty cool, no?

El Chuxter
07-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Not to sidetrack the thread too much, but what are your issues? I recently found out I need glasses for a few things, and I thought it should be able to help resolve my issues seeing 3D. Is it just with fitting two pairs of glasses on your head at once?

Mostly the fitting two pairs at once, though it causes problems with the focus a lot of times once I do get them on. Which causes headaches.

Doesn't work especially well with contacts, either; my eyes aren't used to focusing on something the distance of a glasses lens from my eye when the vision is corrected.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-11-2010, 08:45 AM
That would be pretty cool, no?

Yes, it would be effin' amazing. "Finding Nemo" is a beautifully animated film anyway, and seeing that world in 3-D would be awesome. Making some calls, Roojay! Make it happen! :crazed: