PDA

View Full Version : I want a big house for my all my toys

Tycho
06-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Hello. Welcome to my place.

When you walk in, you'll probably walk into the living room area. Artificial trees and brown and green colorings for the couches and lamps will make you feel like you're in a forest. It will be brighter and comfortable. You'll see display cases showing my Star Wars collection that relates to these colors.

First, there will be a recreation of Theed with a (fake, model railroad water) river running through the city. Hopefully a Hasbro Gungan Bongo Submarine will be in the water, but there might also be the yellow ship from inside the Royal Starship parked along a dock. Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and JarJar will be busy saving the Queen and Naboo from Security Battle Droids. Above the city, probably on a glass shelf, most of these characters will appear again, on board the Royal Starship vehicle blasting off the planet, inclined on plexiglass, open to display the crew, with a host of astromech droids trying to save the ship.

Next to this display, probably along the same wall, will be the Battle of Naboo with rows of Gungan Warriors, some on Kaadu, one manning a boomba catapult along with a Falumpasette and the giant Faamba facing off the Trade Federation collumns of battle droids with AAT tanks, and STAPs in support. I hope that one day there is an MTT in there.

Moving along the wall you'll return to another depiction of Theed again. On the streets, the Flash Speeder and Naboo troops will be fighting battle droids and another AAT and some transformed-to-robot Vulture fighter droid. In the main building that the display focuses on, there will be several hanger playsets with the Queen and Captain Panaka, along with their troops fighting more droids. Beyond them, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi will be squaring off with Darth Maul!

Above the displays, Naboo N-1 fighters will be hanging from the ceiling engaging Trade Federation Vulture droid fighters.

Along another wall, within another display case, there will be two vintage Ewok Village playsets filled with both vintage and modern Ewok populations. Their warriors brandishing weapons will be lining up against the wooden rails that border the villages aiming at Stormtroopers and Biker Scouts on their speederbikes, along with Death Star Troopers and Imperial Officers below. Endor Rebel Soldiers of various ethnicities and variations will be offering their furry allies support. Chewbacca will have captured an AT-ST and will be turning its fire on 3 more AT-STs manned by the Empire! An Ewok in a glider will be soaring overhead of all of this, and some stormtroopers will be caught in their nets.

The shuttle Tyderium with a Rebel Alliance crew will hang from the ceiling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you venture beyond the living room into the dining room, everything is darker but cozier. The table and chair set will be small and seat probably only 4 to save space.

The first wall will feature Otah Gunga made from pet hamster environments and have Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and JarJar swimming to it, and those seame characters again meeting with Boss Nass and (a lot of Rep Teers figures) the full Gungan City Council. Gungan Soldiers will patrol the underwater city.

Moving along, the Gungan Sacred Place will make an appearance with the Naboo meeting with this council.

Then there will be Tapocca City on Kamino with Slave One docked on a landing platform and Obi-Wan facing off with the Fetts. Clone Troopers will be assembled inside, some putting on their armor, others just kids with learning helmets, and others as young adults in their red jumpsuit training gear. At least Lama Su and Taun We will be present, supervising.

In another version of Kamino, the droid army of the Separatists will be attacking and ARC Troopers will lead Clones against them, along with Kit Fisto and Aayla Secura.

Next on Mon Calamari, the droid army being led by the Quarren Isolationist League will be engaging Kit Fisto's SCUBA troopers and the Mon Calamari Warriors they are supporting.

Moving along will be Kashyyyk, homeworld of the Wookiees! There will be Clone Scout-Troopers, some with AT-RTs and Commander Faie pushing through the lines in a Turbo Tank, while Commander Gree stands with Master Yoda. Jedi Luminara Undulli and Quinlan Vos will be on the ground, helping to direct the Wookiee warriors as they pilot fliers and hopefully a Wookiee catamaran at the on-coming Droid Gunship (hopefully) with Corporate Alliance tank droids and a camaouflaged Hailfire advancing forward with a line of Dwarf Spider Droids.

Then you'll see Yavin IV where the pilots of the Rebel Alliance are assembling around their ships. Their droids will be gathering as well, but the cut-view of the hanger will probably only reveal one Y-Wing vehicle, but General Dodonna will be briefing Gold and Red Leaders in the command center, where off to one side, Han Solo will be arguing with Princess Leia. In the hanger, Luke Skywalker will be reuniting with Biggs Darklighter and first formally meeting Wedge Antilles.

At last you will see Dagobah, where in the vintage playset, Master Yoda will be teaching Dagobah Luke to do handstands with the Force in support, his X-wing sunk in the swamp, and a muddy R2D2 and Ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi watching over it. Repeating these characters in another part of the display, Luke Bespin engages the Dark Side spectre of Darth Vader!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving into my Audio/Video room, you can make yourself comfortable on one of a couple black leather couches, and focus on the big screen TV and check out the surround sound for the movies and music it can play.

As you walk into the room, there will be a set-up of the Galactic Senate. All its Senators will be present and watching Supreme Chancellor Valorum moderate the meeting, with Senator Palpatine amongst Naboo's party which includes the planet's Queen.

The Jedi High Council room will be next to the Senate, and Yaddle and Yarael Poof will be present amongst the Jedi Council receiving Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and young Anakin Skywalker.

The next big display will feature whole city blocks of Coruscant. Obi-Wan and Anakin will be chasing Zam Wessel in air speeders throughout the city, though in some parts, Obi-Wan will be hanging from a droid, and others, Anakin will be hanging from Zam Wessel's speeder (I have multiple pairs of speeders to use in a frame-by-frame fashion. On the right side of the display, where the chase ends, will be a cut-away view into Club Outlander. Due to Coruscant's largely human population, many other 3 3/4" action figures may be on display having drinks there. This is where Marcus Wright might have a drink with Duke, Hawk, Roadblock, and Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan while Obi-Wan and Anakin look for a bounty hunter amongst them. Outside, various aliens and droids walk the streets. Back to the left, near where the chase started, Dexter is operating his diner and a lot of interesting characters have come to see him alien and human alike. Stormshadow and Snakeyes are actually sitting together and not fighting for once as WA-7 brings them food and drink.

The Jedi Council has conveined again, and now Shaak-Ti and Coleman Trebor have joined their members, with Stass Allie and Agen Kolar.

And the Senate goes back into session, but this time there are significant absenses in the Congress of the Republic. The Trade Federation is no longer participating and Palpatine is now the Supreme Chancellor with JarJar Binks representing Naboo.

Then there is an attack on Coruscant and Yoda takes to his kybuck to defend the capitol from a droid attack as General Grievous arrives to capture Palpatine. Shaak-Ti, Rorron Corrob, and Foul Moudama attempt to help.

Jedi Starfighters, an ARC-170, Droid Tri-Fighters, and Vulture droids hang from the ceiling along with a small mess of buzzdroids.

The Jedi High Council meets. This time Kit Fisto, Pablo Jill, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker are on the High Council, and Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, and Master Yoda are appearing in hologram form.

At the Coruscant Opera, Anakin joins Palpatine to hear "the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis. Bail Organna and Mon Mothma, are amongst the elites in the audience.

In the Senate, the Mon Calamari have replaced the Quarren representing their world, while the Aqualish, Wookiees, and many other alien species are missing and mostly humans are running the new Imperial Senate, with Palpatine as the Galactic Emperor. Bail Organa (hopefully) will join Senator Amidala (hopefully) to watch in horror as the changes unfold before their eyes.

Then the Death Star is constructed in another display case and a trilogy's-worth of events are unfolding within its magnetic fields. Old Obi-Wan Kenobi, now 56 years old, is shutting off the tractor beam while his new apprentice Luke Skywalker and his friends Han Solo and Chewbacca are rescuing Princess Leia of Alderaan from squads of Imperial troops. Across the artificial moon, an Imperial Shuttle with Emperor Palpatine has landed, and flanked by his Royal Guards and Imperial dignitaries, he meets with Moff Jerjerrod and Darth Vader. Mouse Droids are everywhere. And still in another area, he is betrayed and destroyed by his apprentice Darth Vader who will never allow him to kill Vader's only son.

Another Luke Skywalker hangs in his X-wing fighter above the Death Star with Darth Vader in his custom TIE Fighter along with two wingmen in their own fighters in pursuit of the young Rebel.

On board an Imperial Star Destroyer, Boba Fett and other bounty hunters assemble on the bridge, hired by Darth Vader, much to Admiral Piett's distaste. A crew works on a TIE Bomber in the main launch bay.

Back on Coruscant, Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian infiltrate Black Sun in an attempt to save Princess Leia and Chewbacca from the underworld Prince Xizor and his human replicant body guard, Guri. Dash Rendar arrives to back them up. The capital city is alive with violence as Imperial troops are called to squash looting and food riots.

The Millennium Falcon and the Outrider pursue Boba Fett's Slave-One as Xizor's Virago pursues them, with Vader's TIE Fighter on its tail - all weaving in and out of Coruscant's heavy traffic with transports and air speeders, hovering all around the battle, trying to get out of the way. To my tall friends, watch out for what might be hanging from the ceiling.

Finally, yet another star fighter battle rages above your head, as 2 X-wings, 1 Y-wing, 1 A-wing, and 1 B-Wing take on 2 TIE Interceptors, and 4 TIE Fighters in the Battle of Endor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming around the corner to approach the staircase, there is an "art alcove" or whatever you'd call it.

An earth city is recreated within and has been invaded by combating robots from Cybertron!

At the center of the battle, Masterpiece Optimus Prime engages Masterpiece Megatron, as Masterpiece Starscream attempts to shoot Prime in the back. But Alternators Jazz, Sunstreaker, SideSwipe, and Tracks are there to back Prime up, while Alternators Hound, Mirage, Smokescreen, and Wheeljack cover a perimeter that TF: Movie Brawl (in tank mode) and Scorponok are trying to breach, along with Decepticon Alternators Rumble and Ravage. Masterpiece Skywarp is adding Decepticon air support from above (as a hanging jet) but TFUniverse Powerglide is going to help the Autobots take care of that particular problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you walk upstairs there will be another art alcove by the stairway landing which I'll come back to and describe in a later post. There are Transformer movie displays and Terminator movie displays that still require placement.

Now, will you be staying the night? We have several guest rooms that you may chose to inhabit.

Entering a room with white bedroom sets and drapery or blinds and pictures of snow settings on the walls you find yourself in new Star Wars locations.

Along one wall in a display case, a squad of snowtroopers rush to attack on the snowy battleground of Hoth along with an Imperial Probot who is scouting ahead and relaying its findings to an AT-ST and AT-AT that are charging forward toward Rebel troops in the vintage trench (Attack Base playset) and manning the vintage Turret playset. Luke Skywalker has crashed his snowspeeder ahead of them and is scrambling to get out of the way of being stepped on. Meanwhile, Wedge Antilles is maneuvering his snowspeeder into attack position to take down that big walker, with Hobbie covering his wing in another speeder. Squads of Rebel troops on the ground are ready to make their desperate final stand that will allow their General Rieekan and Princess Leia to escape the onslaught of the Empire.

A Hasbro 12" Han Solo (Hoth Gear) on a TaunTaun looks for Luke Skywalker (Hoth Gear) who is being attacked by the Wampa Ice Monster on a shelf above the larger scale combat action.

In another huge glass case, this one vertical, the Millennium Falcon spaceship (1995 edition) flies over head, flanked by 3 Bespin Twin Pod Cloud Cars (hopefully a new release, but vintage ones if necessary). Below the high fliers, is a children's kitchen playset repainted in realistic colors to match Bespin's Cloud City. Towards its rear, Darth Vader and Boba Fett have a squad of Stormtroopers maintain control of their Rebel prisoners as they force Princess Leia, Chewbacca, C-3PO, Lando Calrissian, and Lobot to watch as the Ugnaughts freeze the captive Han Solo. Meanwhile, Luke Skywalker and R2D2 make their way through the sterile white halls of the glamorous city only to find another Boba Fett, stormtroopers, and Bespin Security moving a frozen Han Solo towards Fett's appropriated landing platform. In addition to this action, Jedi Apprentice Luke Skywalker engages in a brutal battle with the Sith Lord Darth Vader!

But maybe you want to see what else is going on elsewhere?

In another room is my office with a tan wrap around desk with a hutch above it. On the desk is my computer.

In the center of the room is a model pedestal that you can walk around. Both sides feature back-toback crescent sections of the Geonosis Arena. In one the Jedi are fighting back a battalion of battle droids and super battle droids while fending off arena beast-monsters. On the other side, the surviving Jedi are being rescued as Republic gunships maneuver into positions in the arena and Clone Troopers blast the enemies.

Along one wall is the Mos Espa Pod Race Arena as it looked on Boonta's Eve. Aliens fill the stadium stands and pod racers, both from Hasbro's stock along with custom ones, line up in position on the race course below.

In another corner is another pedestal with a recreation of Mos Espa within. Qui-Gon Jinn and Padme Naberrie and friends, make their way out of this dangerous frontier town on Eopiees with the parts to the supplies for their ship's hyperdrive in tow.

Along the next wall is the Battle of Geonosis. A massive AT-TE marches forward with Jedi and Clone Troops ready to combat Battle Droids and Super Battle Droids along with Homing Spider Droids, Dwarf Spider Droids, and a Hailfire droid. Behind the lines, Count Dooku tries to make his escape by speederbike with two Geonosian fighters covering him. Republic Gunships pursue, and a Jedi Starfighter with Adi Galia in its pilot seat flies overhead.

Next on display is the Battle of Utopau with another AT-TE, Barc Speeders, and Obi-Wan Kenobi on his Boga in pursuit of General Grievous on his wheelbike. A Republic Gunship is landing airborne troops who are joining up with Utopau Warriors to engage the Droid Army of the CIS> Obi-Wan has also stolen General Grievous' fighter and is making his escape from Order 66 high above.

Finally, in the last corner Obi-Wan Kenobi must battle his former apprentice Anakin Skywalker on the lava world (playset) of Mustafar!

All around the room, horizontal red lava lamps provide ambience and even more impressive, is the model railroad tracks that have been laid down in parallel but disguised with paper-mache fabricated rock. Upon these tracks run the bottom electrified chasis of model railroad engines, also bearing camouflage as matching rock and sporting suspension apperatuses that hold Anakin and Sebulba's podracers high above the track so that they may race laps almost all the way around the entire room!

Now continue with your tour.

You come to my master bedroom. It is decked out in tan bedding and southwestern decor.

In a display case against the wall facing the bed is Mos Eisley Spaceport, complete with a cut-away view into its infamous cantina. There dozens of aliens and humans have come to drink. Han Solo and Luke Skywalker each have their own problems with several of the more unsavory ones that have come to the bar this day to drink. The T-16 Skyhopper hangs above along with the Expanded Universe Airspeeder. On the streets, various ground vehicles make their way out of the way of Imperial Sandtroopers who are entering town to take control of the spaceport, some arriving by Dewback, others by a vintage Imperial Troop Transport.

Next, you are welcomed to Jabba the Hutt's palace along a different wall. There are actually two displays of this. Princess Leia has arrived disguised as Boussh in a SideShow Toys rendition of the scene, complete with the Hutt's throne. However, she's wearing a lot less in the 3 3/4" action figure display where Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight has arrived to confront Tatooine's gangster.

In a large display that you can walk entirely around is a giant custom Sarlaac Pit. Two Tatooine Skiff vehicles orbit it and (hopefully a Hasbro) Sailbarge has pulled up along side of it. Aliens are doing battle everywhere!

Thus far, I have described a 3 bedroom house. I would prefer to be able to get a 5-bedroom place.

A swamp environment / jungle environment (Otah Gunga and Dagobah) would be separated from water worlds, (Kamino and Mon Calamari).

Meanwhile, I hope the home has a 3 car garage. I will park outside most likely, using the smaller garage to store a speed boat for my recreation. In the main two-car area, I will lay down carpeting and displays of my Star Trek collection to include:

Enterprise

TOS and that crew's movies

The Next Generation

Deep Space Nine

Voyager

and the crew of the newest "re-booted" Star Trek and their adventures.

Your orbital skydiving experience starts in my garage!

I'll probably put a TV and seating out there, too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This home is one of my most important goals. I want to do so much for many others. This is what I want to do for myself.

Ando
06-03-2009, 12:05 PM
I want to go to there.

Qui-Long Gone
06-03-2009, 01:16 PM
You should add Gungans around your pool outside....or set up some Degobah figures around your fish pond!

Nice place.

Blue2th
06-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I want that!

I think I would have to buy an old school house to get my collections on display an have enough room.

Ji'dai
06-03-2009, 04:19 PM
This thread's title reminded me of those catchy tunes by Peter Gabriel. His videos were also really good.

Big Time
Peter Gabriel

I'm on my way, I'm making it
I've got to make it show, yeah
so much larger than life
I'm going to watch it growing

the place where I come from is a small town
they think so small
they use small words
-but not me
I'm smarter than that
I worked it out
I've been stretching my mouth
to let those big words come right out

I've had enough, I'm getting out
to the city, the big big city
I'll be a big noise with all the big boys
there's so much stuff I will own
and I will pray to a big god
as I kneel in the big church

my parties all have big names
and I greet them with the widest smile
tell them how my life is one big adventure
and always they're amazed
when I show them 'round my house, to my bed
I had it made like a mountain range
with a snow-white pillow for my big fat head
and my heaven will be a big heaven
and I will walk through the front door

LTBasker
06-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Sounds like a great house to be in, will you be offering scheduled tours? :D

Tycho
06-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Well, now that I have been recovering from my health issues and surgery and am making a comeback, I must first generate the income that will let me buy - and in an area that I permanently wish to live in.

I might get back on my novels and sell my books and then steer them towards the movies. That's a great dream to work towards making a reality.

Otherwise I'll have to get another career going - perhaps one that might have me relocating if the situation holds some promise. My college degrees are in place and I have some good, if distant, work experience from before my illness.

Then I'll be a better risk for the mortgage companies because I never want to trade away what I inherited since that garauntees income and I don't want to worry about how I'll eat, nor losing my medical insurance because I will not survive without taking my medication for the rest of my life.

But this dream house is a great goal to work towards - and now while it's still a buyer's market - I hope this will happen sooner than later.

Once I have the property, it will then still take years to set up all my dioramas.

But that is why it's a great hobby. I can think up new novels to write, go over my day with peace of mind, and more while I stand up little Star Wars characters around the bar in the cantina or back up Darth Vader with some stormtroopers in the service of the Empire.

First thing's first though - I'm really aching to sort out all my stuff that was put by my family into storage and make sure I've got it all. Then I might have to scour internet sources for older things I need to replace - or even new troops that I never had enough quantities of.

At least there's this plan with which I can challenge and entertain myself especially if I wind up by myself.

And in that case, I'd love to have visitors from this site and especially from the Hasbro Star Wars team someday, perhaps while they're here for Comic Con. I want to show other fans who appreciate this kind of thing what I will build.

Blue2th
06-03-2009, 08:41 PM
It does occupy the time in an enjoyable way. It wasn't till I started opening my "mint on mint card" :rolleyes: collections that I really started to enjoy collecting Star Wars, then it was just focusing on getting the figures for different themes.
I may not have a big house, but I want to at least get my one room back to where it was. Alas my sister had to move in so I had to pack up the figures in little baggies and into bins due to needing the extra room for people not figures. :cry:
I had it going good for a while there :
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=6789

LusiferSam
06-03-2009, 10:03 PM
You truly are a geek amongst geeks Tycho.

I don't necessarily want big house for my toys, but I would like a big room to house my Lego collection. I've thought for years that a room with a bunch of movable high density shelving would work great. I don't know how much space I'd need, but I know that I'd like plenty of room to grow into. Here's an old picture (http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/LusiferSam/Collection/shelf1_mid.jpg) how I currently store my colletion. I think outside the Viking ship and Black Falcon's Fortress all of those sets are currently taken apart and are in "deep storage" (http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/LusiferSam/Collection/storage2.jpg).

I'd also like a room where I can build. It would need a large table for building. And comfortable chair. I hate having to sit of long periods in chairs the hurts my butt, back, or otherwise. Oh, and maybe a couch or two for guests. The other thing I know I want are windows. I hate building a dark room without any windows when the Sun is out. It should be right next to the storage room so I'm trekking sets through the house, unless I want to be doing that.