PDA

View Full Version : New Gunship Mold (WM & TRU)

Val Da Car
06-04-2009, 08:41 AM
This was just seen at the UK Jedi News site. These are PROTOTYPE pics (thus no paint)

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=2527

slightly different paint schemes for each store's version (exclusive to WM & TRU) but the door issue has been addressed.

I would still love to see Bar's version myself.

Ando
06-04-2009, 11:34 AM
I saw these pics on www.jedidefender.com (http://www.jedidefender.com) yesterday.

AWESOME.

This will look awesome when the doors are all closed up and I love that there will be TWO exclusive paint jobs coming (not too thrilled that WM gets one of the exclusives, tho -- Portland's WM's are pretty bad when it comes to exclusives...)

PS: I agree, I would like to see Bar's version, too. That guy is insanely good at what he does.

Slicker
06-04-2009, 01:19 PM
So they'll make a new sculpt of the gunship yet we STILL don't have a Cloud Car? :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-04-2009, 02:14 PM
So they'll make a new sculpt of the gunship yet we STILL don't have a Cloud Car? :rolleyes:
They just redid the doors and added those panels to the front, so it's not completely new.

I barely have enough space for my current gunships, but these look really cool. I'm glad they're doing the proper TCW version.

Ando
06-04-2009, 02:31 PM
I will definitely get these two exclusives and it looks like I will now be on the hook for 16 Geonosis Assault battle packs. Gulp. $400.00. And that doesn't even include the gunships or the extra BP's to outfit any and all gunships they release in the future.

Val Da Car
06-04-2009, 03:49 PM
I will definitely get these two exclusives and it looks like I will now be on the hook for 16 Geonosis Assault battle packs. Gulp. $400.00. And that doesn't even include the gunships or the extra BP's to outfit any and all gunships they release in the future.

Ando you might be better off making them (once I finger out how with crafting supplies I will make a set and see how well it goes for my 5 gunships).

Or there is a seller on the Bay that makes them at $20 each with your choice of colors.

I am personally ticked about Hasbro's two pilots one gunship solution (cause it's half baked - IMHO).

Ando
06-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Ando you might be better off making them (once I finger out how with crafting supplies I will make a set and see how well it goes for my 5 gunships).

But I want the pilots, too.

I am less concerned about the cost than I am about trying to track down all of the battle packs that I "need" because I am going to venture a guess that Hasbro will short pack these in the BP assortments and I would almost be willing to bet that they'll put ONE in each case and not two.

I have seen the custom ones from that guy on eBay and they look good, but I am done with eBay for now and like I said earlier, I want the realistic style Phase I clone pilots, as I can use the extra ones for my V-19s, V-Wings, and ARC-170's.

JediTricks
06-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Looks good, I like how they dealt with the front openings. No way in hell I'm dropping $60+ on this though.

DarkArtist
06-17-2009, 02:52 PM
i'll wait to see before spending the cash. i have the shark teeth version and the ROTS version for now.

Ando
06-17-2009, 04:11 PM
If the rumor posted at jedinews.co.uk is true that there will be two distinct exclusives 1 for WM and 1 for TRU, then I will get both of them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-18-2009, 06:53 PM
If the rumor posted at jedinews.co.uk is true that there will be two distinct exclusives 1 for WM and 1 for TRU, then I will get both of them.
I'm betting it will be the Crumb Bomber and the Spaceward Ho ones, since we already have the blue Twi'lek one (whatever that's called).

Ando
06-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Lucky Lekku.

Spaceward Ho?! If that's the one with the green Twilek girl, and it's the real name, then that is possibly the awesomest thing I read on the internet all day.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Right, I forgot about Lucky Lekku. I know that the one with the green Twi'lek says "Spaceward Ho!" in Aurebesh, and Wookieepedia says that's its official name, so I'll just go with it. :D

Ando
06-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Right, I forgot about Lucky Lekku. I know that the one with the green Twi'lek says "Spaceward Ho!" in Aurebesh, and Wookieepedia says that's its official name, so I'll just go with it. :D

That's pretty rad!

DarkJedi5
06-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Sucks if you already bought the exclusive Crumb Bomber... JediNews (http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=2568) has pics of the painted gunship.... Also seems to have a new feature where the back half of the top guns slide out to reveal another set of missile launchers.

Edit: My bad, looks like the Crumb Bomber only came out in Lego form, not 3.75. I guess that's the good news. We'll see what the other exclusive paint job looks like but I'm willing to bet that JJL is right with the Spaceward Ho!

Ando
06-19-2009, 02:44 PM
AWESOME.

Great paint scheme, love the doors. Can't wait to get one.

clone157
06-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Man, I gotta buy some more shelves. I wonder if the side guns will be able to retract into the cargo hold. Is this the right place to complain that we don't have a LAAT/C yet?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-19-2009, 04:58 PM
The detail seems to be off, either in position or in size, and it looks like there are too many kill marks on the side. Still, I love what they've done to it and I can't wait to have one!

DarkJedi5
06-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Man, I gotta buy some more shelves. I wonder if the side guns will be able to retract into the cargo hold. Is this the right place to complain that we don't have a LAAT/C yet?

If you're referring to the upcoming ball turrets than I don't think there's anyway they'll fit inside the new gunship. Then again, I don't think any of the CW gunships show the turrets anyway.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-19-2009, 09:21 PM
I think the pods will fit on this new one, since the connector pieces are on the main body and were thus likely untouched. You'd have to keep the doors open, though, I bet. But, as you said, there are no pods on the show. I think the microseries had some gunships with both the pods and fully closing doors, but I'm not sure.

DarkJedi5
06-19-2009, 09:25 PM
The way I read his post seemed to ask if they could retract into the gunship. I'm sure they will attach but I think they would have to be removed for the doors to close.

Ando
06-23-2009, 01:26 PM
I dunno... If you look at the last picture of the original post, there's a bit of a notch in the pillar that looks like it will allow for the arm/post of the turret to stay in place with the doors closed.

Either way, I am pretty jazzed about this new version of the Republic Gunship.

Blue2th
06-23-2009, 09:20 PM
I just want an improved Gunship in the colors seen in AOTC and ROTS. Nothing fancy with the nose art.
They could save some paint for weathering instead of the nose art, and I would be extremely happy..er make the ship look like the nice box art pleeze!

Lately these exclusives we've been getting especially at TRU have virtually no weathering paint and don't really look good with the Legacy line. I've passed on them because of that.

If they are going to do the nose art, I want some more weathering too.

DarkJedi5
06-24-2009, 12:00 AM
I dunno... If you look at the last picture of the original post, there's a bit of a notch in the pillar that looks like it will allow for the arm/post of the turret to stay in place with the doors closed.

Well you're right, there looks like there's a notch for the smaller Saga turrets but I think the new ones are gonna be too large to fit in the notch. But until we see pics of the gun turret in the gunship I could be wrong.

DarkJedi5
06-25-2009, 06:48 PM

Having just looked at high res images of the turret set I think that the new gunship will work with those new turrets.

Phantom-like Menace
07-14-2009, 02:22 AM
The last thing I need is another gunship. I was tempted to get the last Wal-Mart exclusive until I learned you couldn't customize it as the Lucky Lekku or Crumb Bomber.

A version with doors is tempting, and damn my weak will I may get one, but I really wish I could just retrofit the gunships I already have. As it is, I'm doubting I'll get the gunpod battlepacks I'd need to complete the ones I already have. Gunships are getting expensive, especially since this all started for me with a fifteen dollar clearance gunship. . . . Actually, that gunship was the beginning of my 200+ clone army with multiple AT-TE's, AT-APs, AT-RTs, and soon Sabre tanks and a Turbo Tank. Stupid clearance gunship.:upset::thumbsup:

Ando
07-14-2009, 10:41 AM
The last thing I need is another gunship. I was tempted to get the last Wal-Mart exclusive until I learned you couldn't customize it as the Lucky Lekku or Crumb Bomber.

A version with doors is tempting, and damn my weak will I may get one, but I really wish I could just retrofit the gunships I already have. As it is, I'm doubting I'll get the gunpod battlepacks I'd need to complete the ones I already have. Gunships are getting expensive, especially since this all started for me with a fifteen dollar clearance gunship. . . . Actually, that gunship was the beginning of my 200+ clone army with multiple AT-TE's, AT-APs, AT-RTs, and soon Sabre tanks and a Turbo Tank. Stupid clearance gunship.:upset::thumbsup:

Your collecting focus sounds very much like my own, although I think you may have more troopers than I do while I am now heavily into fleet/armada building with vehicles.

Phantom-like Menace
07-15-2009, 01:55 AM
Your collecting focus sounds very much like my own, although I think you may have more troopers than I do while I am now heavily into fleet/armada building with vehicles.

Collection pimpage: http://members.cox.net/enemyk/GAR092108.jpg

I'm not sure when I get the Turbo Tank and Sabre tanks whether or not I'll set them up again any time soon. I don't have the room for a static display, and that took a long time to set up just to immediately take back down. I was also still figuring out my camera when that was taken.

My army building days are probably behind me. If I can find good army builders of plain phase II clones (either battlepacks or cheap eBay lots), I may buy some to man vehicles (the AT-TEs in that picture only have one clone each). Otherwise, I may grab a few clones I think are cool here and there in the future, and if they're cool enough, I may build a large squad of some of them.

Ando
07-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Very nice, PLM!

I'd keep an eye out for a really good promo code at HTS for this http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=95&ID=24072 (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=95&ID=24072) if you want to do some cheap army building with plain white Phase II clones.

My GAR is packed away for the most part because at this point I literally have way too much for our little apartment. When we have a house, I will be able to set up a semi permanent Battle of Geonosis display.

I am not army building with figures any more, although I do plan to get enough Geonosis Assault battle packs to outfit my gunships and bulk up my Phase I pilot corps. Mostly at this point I am buying vehicles for fleet/armada building.

Jedireviewer
07-15-2009, 01:38 PM
uhh I am sick of the same gunship being reused with a bit of different paint or plastic .If hasbro bring out another gunship it should be remoulded completely with many features like the falcon,turbo tank and at-te

:mad:

SplFrcsCWO
07-19-2009, 04:03 PM
uhh I am sick of the same gunship being reused with a bit of different paint or plastic .If hasbro bring out another gunship it should be remoulded completely with many features like the falcon,turbo tank and at-te

I second that. I don't mind paying more if they actually enlarged it.

Phantom-like Menace
07-19-2009, 04:14 PM

I just think it needs to at least come with gunpods. I honestly don't care if their the old AotC versions. We just need gunpods to come with our gunships already.

Bar
07-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Nice.
How did i miss this?
I'm going to need one of my buds to get me a few of these...
Clever of them to retrofit the hatchcovers/cannon mounts into the original doorways.
Huzzah!!!
Bar.

clone157
07-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Now if only they could find a way to put BARC speeders in the back, and maybe add a flip open hatch for them.

Bar
07-20-2009, 03:55 AM
And also, thanks for the namecheck at the beginning of the thread, guys.
To be honest, my conversion will be shelved now due to this one.
BUT...
I WILL be chopping the doors and adding articulation arms so the open as they should(Front half opening forwards like on the show).
And i already have the slender wings i made before. My new action item will also be to re-profile the top rocket launchers to be movie and CW accurate.
So. Any idea when this thing will be released?
Bar.

DarkJedi5
07-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Comic Con is this weekend I'm sure we'll find out then.

Bar
07-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Comic Con is this weekend I'm sure we'll find out then.

Keep me in the loop guys! I will need a couple of these!
And i'll probably put my new modded parts into rubber so i can make a few sets to retrofit the new doors to my older gunships!