PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Real-Time (Live) Posts/Replies?

SirSteve
06-11-2009, 03:58 PM
The Internet is shifting into "real-time" (live) data... what does that mean? It means less "reloading/refreshing" your browser to see the newest updates. So, that begs the question... do you want "real-time" posts/replies? If you are still unsure as to what I mean... imagine reading a thread and suddenly, a new reply appears. That is "real-time" data.

Darth Jax
06-11-2009, 07:24 PM
i'd vote, but there isn't an option for "i don't care"

bobafrett
06-11-2009, 11:49 PM
No, I'm old fashioned. Like my SSG just the way it is.

TeeEye7
06-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Yes! to real-time! :thumbsup:

pbarnard
06-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Do we get Bill Maher?

I don't want to see what others type as they type it. Some of the thoughts on members here are disturbing ;)

DarthBrandon
06-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Leave it the way it is here, I don't like real time chat carp.

Beast
06-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Change is scary. So I'll stick with what's worked.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Do we get Bill Maher?

I don't want to see what others type as they type it. Some of the thoughts on members here are disturbing ;)I don't think it would work like that. It sounds like the posts would show up without having to refresh the browser. This could be useful if someone made the same response you were about to post. However, if it meant changing to a whole new forum system, I'm not sure if I would like it. I like how this set up works for the most part.

pbarnard
06-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Are there any examples of a real time site that we could look at? Smart-***-ness aside, I feel like I'm not making any informed choice.

DarkJedi5
06-26-2009, 10:18 AM
If I'm not mistaken the main page at facebook is real time. As you sit there a little note appears at the top of the page listing the number of new posts since you last refreshed. It sounds more like what sirsteve is considering is instead of telling you there are new posts, just putting them there. I'd be all for it, there have been a few times I went to type something and by the time I was finished some one else had replied. Also, I wouldn't have to refresh the page over and over as I sit at work waiting for something interesting to get posted. I'm for it.

El Chuxter
06-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Truth is, I'm not quite against it so much as not seeing a real point to it.

Kidhuman
06-27-2009, 10:56 AM
I really could care less either way on this