PDA

View Full Version : Indy V?

Droid
06-16-2009, 03:04 PM
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/shia-labeouf-confirms-indy-v-is-gearing-up?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=news

Shia LaBeouf Confirms Indy V Is 'Gearing Up'Also confirms Wall Street sequel is titled 'Money Never Sleeps

Shia LaBeouf has confirmed that Indy V is off the ground, stating in a recent interview that 'Steven just said that he cracked the story on it, and I think they're gearing that up'.

'Steven' obviously being that Spielberg fellow, who directed the last year's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, in which LaBeouf starred as Mutt Williams, son of the eponymous archaeologist.

LaBeouf's character has been rumored to be taking over the reigns of the family business, namely bothering Commie-Nazis, though this is the first we've heard about a sequel.

Speaking to the BBC in an interview for the upcoming Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, LaBeouf gave no more details about the angle of the story Speilberg has in mind, but in stating that he 'cracked it', suggests that they have found the right direction for the film, but what that means for Harrison Ford and fans of the franchise only time will tell.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
06-16-2009, 03:19 PM
LaBeouf's character has been rumored to be taking over the reigns of the family business, namely bothering Commie-Nazis, though this is the first we've heard about a sequel.

what that means for Harrison Ford and fans of the franchise only time will tell.

Oh boy...this does not look good.

Everyone should now go read Chux's "Attention Hollywood directors" thread. :)

JediTricks
06-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Fools. They will pay for their lack of vision.

Beast
06-16-2009, 03:53 PM
The only people who'll pay is us. At the box office.

Besides, Indy IV was good. At least as good as the original.

Way better than the worst film in the saga, Temple of Doom.

jamesbondo07
06-16-2009, 03:53 PM
I just read a article about this too. I hope at the very least they listen to some of the complaints on the 4th movie.

Beast
06-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I just read a article about this too. I hope at the very least they listen to some of the complaints on the 4th movie.
God, let's hope they don't. The movie was fantastic. Despite what cranky fans say.

JimJamBonds
06-16-2009, 04:31 PM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa??????????:rolleyes:

Droid
06-16-2009, 04:33 PM
By the way, does Money Never Sleeps strike anyone as "Faster Than the Speed of Love?" Wall Street 2 is such a better title. What does Money Never Sleeps mean?

JediTricks
06-16-2009, 04:34 PM
The only people who'll pay is us. At the box office. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." The only response I can muster for the idea that suckers will go see Shia pretend to be Indy.

Way better than the worst film in the saga, Temple of Doom.Wow, talk about subjective. I would handily disagree with that, as would a majority of audiences who have rated it lower than TOD on IMDB.

Mvader91
06-16-2009, 06:09 PM
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." The only response I can muster for the idea that suckers will go see Shia pretend to be Indy.

Wow, talk about subjective. I would handily disagree with that, as would a majority of audiences who have rated it lower than TOD on IMDB.
:pleased: If it was such a terrible film, why did it gross well over 300 million domestically?

Ando
06-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Here's my 2 cents:

Based on the history of the series:

#1/Raiders=good

#2/TOD=not so good (watchable, tho IMO)

#3/TLC=good

#4/KCS=yikes, what was that?!?

We should be due for a good, rousing adventure that ends in a desert location with our hero(es?) finding some sort of biblically based relic or treasure.

preacher
06-16-2009, 06:26 PM
:pleased: If it was such a terrible film, why did it gross well over 300 million domestically?

I know I know! Hype!

Mvader91
06-16-2009, 06:53 PM
I know I know! Hype!
:lipsrsealed: 317,101,087 to be exact! I mean come on. These movies are based on lore and mythology. Time to get real. You are not living in hollywood land.

Ji'dai
06-16-2009, 07:15 PM
If this means we'll see a return of the figure line then I'm all for Indy V and Shia too. I want that second wave of Raiders figs and another shot at the TOD wave.

JediTricks
06-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Worldwide, why did Episode I make $925 million? Why did Titanic make $1.8 bil? Why did Spider-Man 3 make $890 mil? Why did the Matrix 2 make $742 mil? Why did Meet the Fockers make $516 mil? Why did the live-action How The Grinch Stole Christmas make $260 mil DOMESTICALLY ALONE?!? Too often, people are suckers and box office isn't a useful benchmark.

Mvader91
06-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Worldwide, why did Episode I make $925 million? Why did Titanic make $1.8 bil? Why did Spider-Man 3 make $890 mil? Why did the Matrix 2 make $742 mil? Why did Meet the Fockers make $516 mil? Why did the live-action How The Grinch Stole Christmas make $260 mil DOMESTICALLY ALONE?!? Too often, people are suckers and box office isn't a useful benchmark.
You simply reaffirm the fact that many people liked many different films. These numbers come from repeat visits to the movie itself! not one hit suckers. It is oday that people enjoy films you don't. again i was referring to DOMESTIC Sales.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-16-2009, 07:30 PM
I enjoyed it much more than Temple of Doom, but not near as much as the other two.

Mvader91
06-16-2009, 07:50 PM
I enjoyed it much more than Temple of Doom, but not near as much as the other two.
:thumbsup: I agree 100%!

LTBasker
06-16-2009, 08:27 PM

Pretty much how I feel. I absolutely cannot stand to watch ToD, but I can watch Crystal Skull (with mute). On the brightside, the odd movies are the best, so maybe a fifth would finally make it a proper trilogy...

Then Crystal Skull and ToD can simply fall into non-canon romps as they do with James Bond movies. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-16-2009, 09:51 PM
If this means we'll see a return of the figure line then I'm all for Indy V and Shia too. I want that second wave of Raiders figs and another shot at the TOD wave.

My thoughts exactly. I WANT that second wave of Raiders too! :thumbsup:

bigbarada
06-16-2009, 09:59 PM

Good box office doesn't make a good movie. I remember specifically that Indy IV drew a lot of interest from people who rarely go watch movies. I believe that was because, like Titanic, it had a great appeal to the over-50 crowd. However, I also specifically remember many of them leaving the theater highly disappointed by the end result.

Indy IV was okay, but it was nothing great. I watched it once in the theaters and felt a little burned by it; but that's not the first times I've felt that after walking out of any recent Lucas or Spielberg film.

I do want to see it again, but I'm not paying $20 for the DVD. I'll wait until I get a free rental somewhere down the line or it shows up on television.

Indy V better get some great reviews before I even consider watching it in the theater.

mcrive01
06-16-2009, 11:32 PM
First off Mutt Williams is NOT tacking Indys place, that was announced in about january. And out of all the films temple of doom is at least the second best. I mean was it to scary for you? :whip: and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was great but still this worst of the 4. But It was still awesome!!!!:grin:

Mad Slanted Powers
06-16-2009, 11:47 PM
It's actually been a long time since I've seen all of Temple of Doom. Not really scary, but had some creepy parts with the all the bugs and other gross stuff. Kate Capshaw's character wasn't as good as Marion, and Short Round was kind of annoying.

Maybe part of it was some sort of cultural bias. Some Indian cult I wasn't familiar with didn't have the same sort of mythical appeal as the Ark of the Covenant or the Holy Grail. Even though I wasn't familiar with the Ark before seeing Raiders, it was an awe inspiring artifact. The idea of ancient alien visitors in Crystal Skull had a bit of that appeal as well, though it wasn't done as well as it could have been.

bigbarada
06-17-2009, 12:51 AM
I didn't really have a problem with the idea of aliens in Indiana Jones, I just thought it was poorly executed. With sooooo many other films about aliens in movies, on television, in video games, comic books, etc., it just made Indy IV feel like more of the same (you can only redesign E.T. so many times before people get tired of looking at it).

I think one of the strengths of the first three films is that they offered something new and unique for movie audiences. Even though the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail are historical artifacts (well, the Ark is a historical artifact, I don't know what the heck the Holy Grail is), Hollywood isn't flooded with movies about them, so when a movie is made about them it's something new and different for audiences to watch. KotCS didn't really offer that. In fact, I would have liked it better if they had delved more into the history of the Mayans and Aztecs and not just copped out with a generic alien story.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2009, 12:54 AM
I enjoyed KOTCS and all the original films so I'm quite excited about another one. Bring it on!

Short Round was kind of annoying.
Blasphemer!!! Bite your tongue!!!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
06-17-2009, 01:04 AM
I enjoyed KOTCS and all the original films so I'm quite excited about another one. Bring it on!

Blasphemer!!! Bite your tongue!!!!!

He had his good points. As I said, it's been a long time since I've seen the whole thing. I may have only seen it all the way through twice.

bigbarada
06-17-2009, 02:07 AM
I think Short Round was my favorite part of Temple of Doom.

El Chuxter
06-17-2009, 09:24 AM
I still haven't seen #4. Why would I watch Shia LePoop in #5? I'd rather shave my crotch with a weedwacker.

tagmac
06-17-2009, 12:08 PM
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/shia-labeouf-confirms-indy-v-is-gearing-up?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=news

Commie-Nazis? Is this movie gonna star Ranier Wolfcastle as Indy? ;)

JediTricks
06-25-2009, 08:23 PM
You simply reaffirm the fact that many people liked many different films. These numbers come from repeat visits to the movie itself! not one hit suckers. It is oday that people enjoy films you don't. again i was referring to DOMESTIC Sales.No, I chose movies that, except for Titanic which is just inexplicable, all do poorly in ratings such as IMDB, especially compared to their other franchise brethren, yet still make stupid high amounts of money, suggesting that their box-office take is not related to their quality, just like Indy 4. Terrible movies can make huge bank all the time.

Domestics unadjusted on those I mentioned:

Film - box office (in millions) - IMDB rating
Episode I - $431 - 6.4
Titanic - $600 - 7.3
Spider-Man 3 - $336 - 6.5
Matrix Reloaded - $281 - 7.0
Meet the Fockers - $279 - 6.4
How The Grinch Stole Christmas - $260 - 5.6
Indy 4 - $317 - 6.7
X-men 3 - $234 - 7.0

Beast
06-25-2009, 08:27 PM
But in this case, a great movie... as good as the original, made huge bank.

JediTricks
06-25-2009, 08:34 PM
But in this case, a great movie... as good as the original, made huge bank.
I didn't know that your imagination made fantasy films and their sequels. ;)

JEDIpartner
06-29-2009, 11:08 AM
The only people who'll pay is us. At the box office.

Are you a crack addict? I enjoyed IV, but it was in a completely different league than the original three films.

Beast
06-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Are you a crack addict? I enjoyed IV, but it was in a completely different league than the original three films.
Certainly in a different (better) league than Temple of Doom and Last Crusade.

But in the exact same league as Raiders of the Lost Ark.

JEDIpartner
06-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Certainly in a different (better) league than Temple of Doom and Last Crusade.

But in the exact same league as Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Mmmmmm...no.

bpr2
06-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Look at Transformers 2, it is one of the worst reviewed movies, yet it has already grossed $201 million domestically, just behind The Dark Knight. Fans like to have fun at the movies, it doesn't matter what critics say.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-29-2009, 09:17 PM
I can't help but feel that ALL of this Indy 4 chatter was already done in the Indiana Jones thread....

Some liked it. Some didn't. Can't we just get over it? :p

Mad Slanted Powers
06-29-2009, 09:45 PM
I can't help but feel that ALL of this Indy 4 chatter was already done in the Indiana Jones thread....

No! It will not be finished until the streets run red with the blood of the unbelievers!:twisted::frus::crazed::whip::frus: :crazed: :twisted:

Or not.

JimJamBonds
06-30-2009, 05:15 PM

Kinda like the prequel thread's? Where's Stilla when I need him??? :D

DarkArtist
07-18-2009, 12:37 PM
not sure if i want to see Mutt Williams as the new Indy.... I mean Harrison proved he's still able to get geared up and jump into the role again so why have Shia take over. I mean true at the end of KOTCS it looked as if the torch wouold be passed as Indy's hat rolls to Mutt but then Jones grabs the trademark fedora and walks away with it. Indy cannot be replaced by Mutt. Spielberg should just throw the script away and call it quits on Indys adventures.

speaking of KOTCS i'm going to see it tonight in the park around the block from my house. our town does movie night in the park twice a month. last month was JAWS and Iron Man, so far this month is Indiana Jones and I believe the Dark Knight.

DarkArtist
08-26-2009, 10:23 AM
According to Lee's Toy Review... in an interview with Shia LaBeuf he states that he has signed on to do Indy 5 with Spielberg and Harrison Ford has signed on to play Indiana again.

i'm wondering where Lucas and Spielberg will go with this franchise.... i just hope that they don't flush it down the toilet.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Merged the Indy V threads. :thumbsup: