PDA

View Full Version : MySpace says I was phished - on BOTH my sites???

Tycho
06-18-2009, 02:24 PM
I know I was NOT phished because I'm careful and I haven't even been logging on to my novel's webpage that much lately as I've been catching up on work on the book itself. (I need to do an update over there).

Anyway, I'm arguing back and forth with MySpace requesting help.

Maybe you guys don't really use MySpace all that much any more, but check your log-ins and see if you get that message from Tom. You won't be able to send MySpace messages or go to groups if that's the case.

Funny thing was this happened just after I sent messages to a friend letting him know that he was phished. This might be "phisher's revenge."

JediTricks
06-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Negatory on mine. Perhaps someone reported your messages as spam or something. Or maybe an app screwed you over, I won't do MS Apps at all for that reason, I know too many people who had problems like what you're describing from spam-apps.

Tycho
06-18-2009, 04:44 PM
The only messages I sent lately were back to a friend who was phished.

I think the phisher reported me. MySpace is now helping me clear it up (I hope).

DarthQuack
06-18-2009, 04:48 PM
MySpace is so 2006.

JediTricks
06-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Facebook is stupid, who sets up a system like that and puts all the profile data into private mode? That'll really help people outside the system check out my blog or read Tycho's book or listen to my buddy's band. :rolleyes:

And Twitter is mindless, anything you can express in text message form is almost always shallow and self-absorbed blithering.

NerfTW
06-18-2009, 05:05 PM
You can set Facebook to "Everyone" (as in the entire internet) in the privacy settings.

chrisc
06-18-2009, 08:50 PM
I hate Myspace, Facebook, Twitter and such. Why does that stuff make people think they are important? Seriously I know pepole who update their status every hour on the hour. Who gives a d^^n about what they are doing.

And no Tycho, I aint shutting my Myspace down.

Tycho
06-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Well, when I get my situation over there fixed, I can write to you, ChrisC.

However, I can just as easily write to you here on SSG where we're all "from" anyway.

As to why people think they're so important on MySpace? I don't know. A lot of users are kids and on top of it, they don't have hobbies like we do here that prompts us to be on SirStevesGuide where many of us have known each other for years. Or they can't afford those hobbies. On top of that, MySpace allows for more "mixed-sexes" because Star Wars and action movies etc. are more prominantly male interests. So the kids try to show off to impress their classmates or whatever.

FaceBook is kind of known to be better for use as like a White Pages to find people you used to know.

I don't use Twitter, but I wouldn't add my friends - they should phone me. It would be cooler to have my favorite sports teams and rock bands who would send news only once in a while - like lineup changes or draft pics, added concert dates - that sort of thing. It might also be cool to get policy updates from Congress or my local city and state governments.

Ando
06-19-2009, 11:20 AM
FaceBook is kind of known to be better for use as like a White Pages to find people you used to know.

That's exactly what I use it for! If it wasn't for FB, I wouldn't have reconnected with an old friend from my days in the Boy Scouts who happened to have gone to college with one of my favorite customers that I do business with here at my office.

It really is a small world.