PDA

View Full Version : Walmart exclusive Evolutions sets

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-23-2009, 01:19 PM
The main page has pictures of these - Clone Commandos, Imperial Pilots II, and Rebel Pilots III, which were previously revealed at Toy Fair. They all look pretty great. It looks like they switched the spots for the V-wing pilot and Gunship pilot, and for some reason they used a picture of Arvel Crynyd for Jake Farrell, but whatever.

pbarnard
06-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I've had more interst in the Wal-Mart exclusives the past few years than the whole line. These are about the only things keeping me interested.

Ando
06-23-2009, 01:31 PM
These look really neat, I just wish they weren't WM exclusives.

I like the Imp. Pilot set the best, but I will pick up all three. I just wish they'd made Fi Skirata/Commando Evo pack a little more neutral and army builder friendly.

clone157
06-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Tell me about it, Ando. I'm upset we are going to have to get another red ARC. Why not a green tinged one or an all white one? Don't get me wrong, I love the sets, but I would like them all to be different from what I already have 3 of.

Ando
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I don't mind another red ARC trooper. I can have those guys assigned to various groups of all white Phase I clones or to Jedi generals (when I get around to dioramas).

I don't even mind the blue deco on the top half of Fi. It's the paint on his legs that's kind of weird and unappealing to me.

I thought the all white Republic Commando/Super Battle Droid was pretty cool and I got 4 squads worth for customizing down the road. Man those were hard to find!

pbarnard
06-23-2009, 03:20 PM
The "blue" Fi sort of ticks me off. If this is the first appearance Republic Commando version, fine. But after that it's black armor all the way for him. There's twice as many appearances in the black as the white.

clone157
06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
I just want some Phase 3 armor for my commando boys. Also another version of Boss and Fixer since we have had an extra Scorch for so long.

Ando
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
I just want some Phase 3 armor for my commando boys. Also another version of Boss and Fixer since we have had an extra Scorch for so long.

I really wish they had single carded the rest of the Deltas. I have 2 unopened Scorch's my self.

clone157
06-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I would also like a DC-17 in its sniper configuration to go with them.

Ando
06-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I would also like a DC-17 in its sniper configuration to go with them.

You and me both.

Blue2th
06-23-2009, 05:06 PM
These all look interesting and different enough for me to want. The White Gunship Clone Pilot is alright, with a different sort of helmet.

Still no Muunilist 10 Arc Pilot. :(

Old Fossil
06-23-2009, 08:29 PM
I have no idea who any of these characters are.

Blue2th
06-23-2009, 08:45 PM
I have no idea who any of these characters are.

I was going to say that but I didn't want to appear like I don't know a whole lot about the EU which I don't. :cross-eye

Maybe I'll read the comics afterwards. :ermm:

Old Fossil
06-23-2009, 09:04 PM
I guess it just would've been nice to see a familiar name in there, like a "Wedge Antilles" or something... suppose I'm just a bit of a dinosaur.:)

Darth Jax
06-23-2009, 09:07 PM
probably won't matter much, since chances are i won't see them at retail. still haven't even seen the complete ANH wave that was out at the first of the year and haven't seen anything since.

DarkJedi5
06-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Alpha looks good and for me should be a different enough character (there are supposed to be slight differences in the armor from the one's we've already gotten) and the rest of that pack looks good but I wish I could army build the Storm Commando without getting so many more of the other two (really only want one each). Also, since the Fi is SA that means I will probably someday end up buying SA versions of the original Deltas and Omegas. Great. The Imperial pilots is an easy yes and I will buy three sets. I love the paint on the gunship pilot and I would love a real SA TIE pilot. The Rebel pilot set is good to have and I'll get one but it's not as exciting since it only features one figure from the movies.

figrin bran
06-24-2009, 12:01 AM
I doubt I will find these either.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-24-2009, 12:53 AM
I guess it just would've been nice to see a familiar name in there, like a "Wedge Antilles" or something... suppose I'm just a bit of a dinosaur.:)
Well, John Branon was in ANH, and he is listed in the credits as "John D" (since his full name is - shocking, I know - John D. Branon), so that's something. According to Wookieepedia, Jake Farrell was a character from a computer game, but based on the appearance of the unnamed pilot (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/ad/GSpilot(BOE).png) from ROTJ who says "Copy, Gold Leader" while flying into the Death Star; in the game, he has a red suit, but here it's the movie-accurate green, so I'll just use it as that guy, even if he looks a little skinny and young. Then there's the new TIE Fighter Pilot, which is another movie figure, so it's not all EU stuff (even though it mostly is).

If it's Wedge you want, then he's coming with his own X-wing later this year, but you probably already knew that.

DarkJedi5
06-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know when we should expect these? I thought I read some time this fall (like September) but the CollectStation page doesn't say for certain....

Also, on the Clone Gunship Pilot, where does that helmet style come from? It's not Phase I armor and it's not phase II. Wookieepedia claims that there was another type of Phase II armor with a closed helmet used primarily by V-Wing pilots which seems to be based off of the Incerdible cross-sections book.... Anybody have any ideas?

Ando
06-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Does anyone know when we should expect these? I thought I read some time this fall (like September) but the CollectStation page doesn't say for certain....

Also, on the Clone Gunship Pilot, where does that helmet style come from? It's not Phase I armor and it's not phase II. Wookieepedia claims that there was another type of Phase II armor with a closed helmet used primarily by V-Wing pilots which seems to be based off of the Incerdible cross-sections book.... Anybody have any ideas?

According to the Toy Fair slideshow presentation, the WM Evo Exclusives are due in September. Because of the way the releases have been going, I would say it's September +/- 2-3 months and due to it being a WM Exclusive, I would add that it's more like September +/- 2-3 months or possibly never.

Sorry, I'm a little jaded with the releases from this year and WM exclusives are literally hit or miss.

As fas as the Clone Gunship Pilot helmet/V-Wing Pilot helmet question, I think Hasbro screwed up and mislabeled it. I really do think it's supposed to be a V-Wing Pilot.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-24-2009, 02:54 PM
As I said in my post, the pilot with the weird helmet is indeed the V-wing pilot. The black-suited clone in the middle is the Gunship pilot. They just mixed up the names.

DarkJedi5
06-24-2009, 03:11 PM
It looks like they switched the spots for the V-wing pilot and Gunship pilot....

As I said in my post, the pilot with the weird helmet is indeed the V-wing pilot. The black-suited clone in the middle is the Gunship pilot. They just mixed up the names.

So by "switched the spots" you really meant mislabeled? Got it. So the "Gunship" pilots are designed for the new black ARC-170 that they're trying to charge us $70 for?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-24-2009, 05:59 PM
So by "switched the spots" you really meant mislabeled? Got it. So the "Gunship" pilots are designed for the new black ARC-170 that they're trying to charge us $70 for?
Yes, I meant that the V-wing Pilot should have been in the middle and the Gunship pilot should have been on the left, so that the proper names would have been over the proper figures. The Gunship pilot, which is a repaint of the ROTS clone pilot from the original Imperial Pilots Legacy set, is meant to be an upgrade to the black-clad clone pilot (http://www.rebelscum.com/rots0534clonepilot2.asp) that was released near the end of the ROTS line in 2005. But I suppose you could indeed use them for the ARC-170, which has been at least one in-store report placed at $50, since those are the pilots shown on the package.

Blue2th
06-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Both Gunship and V-Wing pilots look to have the same shape of helmet, just different colors.

Could the Gunship Pilot (white) be close to the pilots on episode 25 of the micro series?
He's got sort of a Coruscant Fordo coloring to his helmet though. I seem to remember them having more of a monochromatic helmet scheme.

I can't seem to find a pic of the elusive Coruscant Pilot on the net. I know he's got the full face mask, just before they changed it again to open face on ROTS. Looked to be Phase II like Fordo in that episode. They Flew the Arc 170's and maybe a Gunship.
Guess I'm going to have to watch it again. :rolleyes:

Another Clone Pilot missing from the roster along with the Arc Pilot. :ermm:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Both Gunship and V-Wing pilots look to have the same shape of helmet, just different colors.
The V-wing Pilot's helmet is closed while the Gunship Pilot's is open, so it might be similar to the one seen in the microseries.

Blue2th
06-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Aye, getting confused from the picture and the way the pilots are arranged. :cross-eye
Basically an Imperial Pilot in white armor for number one then, unless he's a little different in his armor shape.

TheDarthVader
07-13-2009, 01:19 PM
when are these exclusives supposed to be released? September?

DarkJedi5
07-13-2009, 02:33 PM
That's what Hasbro said at Toy Fair. Their release schedule seems to be a little behind their projections but with the exclusives it might be different. I'm sure they'll give us a more accurate date at ComicCon.

DarkJedi5
07-22-2009, 12:47 AM
JediDefender has some new pics of the new figs in the evo sets... http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1248070707,70244, but how come I never noticed the blue tearstreaks on the TIE pilot? What is that? It looks so stupid!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2009, 06:30 PM
JediDefender has some new pics of the new figs in the evo sets... http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1248070707,70244, but how come I never noticed the blue tearstreaks on the TIE pilot? What is that? It looks so stupid!
I was actually pretty excited about that! It's accurate to one of the pilots in ANH, who (I think) flies by Vader's side.

DarkJedi5
07-22-2009, 06:59 PM
I was actually pretty excited about that! It's accurate to one of the pilots in ANH, who (I think) flies by Vader's side.

Okay, I was/am a huge nerd and collected all the Decipher cards and so I knew the "names" of the guys you describe and from the photos of DS-61-3 it's hard to tell but you may be right (see photo below). If so, that's cool but I always just thought it was the lighting (the other pilot, DS-61-2 has similarly shaded blue areas in stills but they are much more likely to be light reflection than paint on the helmet). Also, I really wanted to army build these and that would be way better with the all black face plates.